TX - Caesar & Adriana Coronado, 14, murdered, Katy, 12 March 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any updates on this?. Completely horrifying and shocking thing to happen. A dad and his daughter kidnapped, driven to a faraway place and shot dead and left to rot. Sounds very cartelli to me imho. Stuff of movies.

No advancement in the case. Here's the latest from the Huntsville Item, dated 4/29/16:

Walker County and Houston authorities continue to search for evidence that could lead to an arrest in the double homicide of a Katy man and his teenage daughter last month.

Captain Tim Whitecotton with Walker County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that there haven't been any major developments in the shooting deaths of Caesar and Adriana Coronado.

"We are still running down leads and following up on information we have received," Whitecotton said. "We are also waiting to get back test results on evidence we sent to the crime lab. We are hoping to find that diamond under the rock that could help us solve this case."

http://www.itemonline.com/news/loca...cle_0c2b3c1e-057f-589f-90f6-6e0e080bb24b.html

No advancement in the case. Here's the latest from the Huntsville Item, dated 4/29/16:

Walker County and Houston authorities continue to search for evidence that could lead to an arrest in the double homicide of a Katy man and his teenage daughter last month.

Captain Tim Whitecotton with Walker County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that there haven't been any major developments in the shooting deaths of Caesar and Adriana Coronado.

"We are still running down leads and following up on information we have received," Whitecotton said. "We are also waiting to get back test results on evidence we sent to the crime lab. We are hoping to find that diamond under the rock that could help us solve this case."

http://www.itemonline.com/news/loca...cle_0c2b3c1e-057f-589f-90f6-6e0e080bb24b.html

Gosh, they're hoping to find a diamond under a rock? That doesn't sound promising. So sad.

What is a diamond under a rock? Is that some new idiom the world has not heard of?

The Captain is phrasing his efforts as being nothing that actually exists. There's no such phrase. IMO he is doing nothing.

There is no such saying as 'finding that diamond under a rock.' Who puts a diamond under a rock. Who finds a diamond under a rock?
Now that would be unexpected when one is doing something else.

That is not how diamonds are found. There is much digging and research involved. There is danger and darkness.

When you tip over rocks you find worms.

Start digging Captain.
Or are you afraid of snakes?

I am not bashing LE.

I'm sayin git er done.

(BTW if one Google's that phrase there are 9 results of nothing and one of them is his quote, LOL)

:moo: :cow:

The teenager whose burned body was found in March was a casualty of her father's drug-running, according to court documents unsealed Wednesday.

The 12-page search warrant affidavit reveals news details in the murders of Adriana Coronado, 14, and her father, Cesar Coronado. The teen was the subject of an Amber Alert in March.

Investigators believe they were killed because of Cesar Coronado's involvement in the deadly cocaine trade. The man in custody on federal drug charges, Jose Solis, Jr. has been named a person of interest in the murders. The search warrant was for his home in rural Montgomery County.

It also says he worked with Cesar Coronado, among others, to move cocaine via commercial bus from Laredo to Houston. Last October, federal agents seized 16 kilograms of cocaine from a bus and $48,000 from Coronado at the Mexican border and the affidavit suggests Solis became suspicious that Cesar Coronado was involved.

More at the link:

http://abc13.com/news/documents-reveal-horrific-details-in-teens-brutal-murder/1356215/

God bless her. Poor baby :(
They don't call it the deadly cocaine trade for nothing. Don't play the game. It is not worth it.

Several guns, numerous phones, drug ledgers, and more than $1,020 in cash was found inside Solis’ home during the search, according to the search warrant affidavit. The items found led investigators to believe Solis was involvement in a major drug ring and the deaths of the teen and her father.

According to the affidavit, Adriana and her father were both killed with the same weapon, a 9mm firearm, they believe belonged to Solis. Investigators believe the two were murdered over 16 kilograms of cocaine Solis believes Caessar stole and $48,000 in cash that was seized by officials as Caesar made an alleged drug run from Loredo to Mexico in October. Police found the cash in the rear driver’s door of the vehicle Caesar was driving. He was not arrested at the time because officials said the amount of cash “did not meet the threshold for prosecution” the affidavit read.

In the affidavit, a witness told investigators that Solis and Caesar were both higher level members of a drug trafficking organization and that Solis believed Caesar set up the seizure of the drugs and money.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/m...ection-with-deaths-of-adriana-coronado-father

The article gets a bit confusing as it appears to have been "built on top of" one of their earlier articles.

The URL address contains an eye popper: man-charged-with-murder-in-connection-with-deaths-of-adriana-coronado-father

The actual headline is: "Man found to be directly involved with deaths of Adriana Coronado, father, police say"

Still waiting for one of the news outlets to post the affidavit itself.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, they have matched a specific gun with both murders?

I think murder charges may be coming sooner rather than later.

Otherwise, I don't think this affidavit would have been unsealed at this time. I think this event is a prelude to murder charges.

Question is will they be state or federal charges?

These murders are part of a larger conspiracy, so a superceding federal indictment that includes murder and conspiracy to commit murder is a possibility.

It will be interesting to see what comes next.

Deadly business. No doubt about that.

We are currently unavailable.
Please check back later.

Now I'm seeing that at the KPRC/Click2Houston/KSAT link for their piece.

Someone jumped the gun?

So far I'm not seeing anything from the Houston Chronicle.

Here's tubby , with his baggy drawers, seen running away from the pickup that night..

attachment.php

A man arrested on federal drug charges also had his home searched in connection to the horrific murders of a 14-year-old west Houston girl and her father. Jose Jaime Solis, 34, is being held at the Federal Detention Center in downtown Houston as he awaits an initial court appearance on federal drugs charges

http://abc13.com/news/arrests-made-in-connection-to-murdered-w-houston-teen/1260374/#videoplayer

At the same time, Solis was being arrested, another man, Ramon Sanchez, 35, was arrested in Laredo on the same cocaine conspiracy charge. Sanchez is being held in the Webb County Jail.

Walker County Sheriff Clint McCrae confirmed Solis is a person of interest in the Coronado case. He also said investigators collected items of interest at the home, related to the homicide case. Officers carried out bags and bags of evidence, including guns.

Sounds like these two guys may have been working together on this, at least that's the inference.

Attachments

• solis.jpg
    solis.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 126
Does anybody know where Solis may live in relation to where the truck was lit up ? Remember, he was picked up pretty quickly by somebody out on the main road after torching the truck. I had a feeling he must live pretty closeby since the place he parked the truck must have been a spot known to him, which as it turned out, was behind a FedEx shipping terminal.

The address where they served the warrant would be what I'm looking for.

Oh heck.

I missed this in the article:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/m...ection-with-deaths-of-adriana-coronado-father

Capital murder. State charge.

The "capital murder" paragraph was edited to read thus during the "momentarily unavailable" (Updated: 11:52 AM, May 26, 2016) time.

Police found Jose Solis Jr., 34, to be directly involved with the murders of Adriana and her father. Adriana was found shot to death after her father’s body was found burned inside a pickup truck in March.

Apparently no murder charges at this moment.

Seriously annoyed with KPRC.

Does anybody know where Solis may live in relation to where the truck was lit up ? Remember, he was picked up pretty quickly by somebody out on the main road after torching the truck. I had a feeling he must live pretty closeby since the place he parked the truck must have been a spot known to him, which as it turned out, was behind a FedEx shipping terminal.

I live near Solis. The truck was dumped and lit about one hour, 15 minutes away from Solis' property. But, out here in the country, an hour is typical to drive to do anything fun, evil, etc. It is rural.

Don't see a street number, but here's the street from the Chronicle in March:

Jose Jaime Solis Jr. was arrested Thursday at the home on Abersteen Drive in Magnolia in a pre-dawn SWAT team raid.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...t-raises-questions-about-Coronado-7100941.php

Telemundo reported the address as 29510 Aberdeen Dr.

http://www.telemundohouston.com/not...inada-adriana-coronado-houston-373542351.html

I'm seeing a lot of 2900 block of Aberdeen cites. Don't know if 4 or 5 digit would be accurate.

Yep, I backtracked a little bit through the thread and found this map. The location of Solis's home has already been added to it. I'm not sure who it is that is tending the map. but he/she is about 3 steps ahead of me. He didn't live as close to the site of the truck burning as I figured he would, which definitely leads me to believe that he had an accomplice that knew he needed to be picked up from that location.

map here: See last entry noted as POI (JS) for the location of home and warrant.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1kQsUWRkxi4UY3GLN6AmjsdQlIWc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back