TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his father would also recognise his phone case as well. Praying!
Yes, this being his phone would be a badly needed break. It’s interesting about the timing:

that there was a report of the phone being cloned,
then a statement from law enforcement about it being part of the investigation.
And now the phone may be found.

Did it cause it to ring, alerting someone who then found it?
Or was someone alerted to get rid of the phone?

I hope law enforcement will in fact confirm about the phone, or make a statement one way or the other. Anyone know if they’re obligated to? I’d hate to think it was just a random lost phone. The timing sure seems more than coincidental, though….
According to Gray Hughs it is an iPhone 12, same model as Caleb’s, and the Corpus Christi police department took it into possession, so it may be promising.

Last edited:
I hope law enforcement will in fact confirm about the phone, or make a statement one way or the other. Anyone know if they’re obligated to? I’d hate to think it was just a random lost phone. The timing sure seems more than coincidental, though….
According to Gray Hughs it is an iPhone 12, same model as Caleb’s, and the Corpus Christi police department took it into possession, so it may be promising.

I'm confident that if the phone is confirmed to have belonged to Caleb, we'll learn that fairly quickly, from Randy Harris if not a direct statement from CCPD.

I'm confident that if the phone is confirmed to have belonged to Caleb, we'll learn that fairly quickly, from Randy Harris if not a direct statement from CCPD.
Hope so.
It was found on the jetty on 6/6 between 8:30-40.
The person was told that someone found it in the water and placed it there. People around were asked but no one claimed to be missing their phone.
The person attempted to turn it on to find emergency contact number. Others suggested it may be linked to Caleb Harris due to proximity and same model/generation 12 iPhone; and to contact police, which they did.
Corpus Christi police took the phone into custody on June 7 at 10:14 am.
So they’ve had it in their possession for 27+ hours.

So Corpus Christi police confiscated this iPhone 12 —which Caleb’s dad says has a high likelihood of being his son’s — 30 hours ago yet still no confirmation nor denial on if it belongs to Caleb Harris.

I don’t understand why they can’t say, now that thousands on true crime social media sites are waiting to hear…..

So Corpus Christi police confiscated this iPhone 12 —which Caleb’s dad says has a high likelihood of being his son’s — 30 hours ago yet still no confirmation nor denial on if it belongs to Caleb Harris.

I don’t understand why they can’t say, now that thousands on true crime social media sites are waiting to hear…..
Do you think they would be more likely confirm it if it proves to NOT be Caleb’s? For investigative reasons? Just a thought.

Do you think they would be more likely confirm it if it proves to NOT be Caleb’s? For investigative reasons? Just a thought.
Yes, I do. I get the feeling that because they are silent, they’re more likely to be examining its contents and data, and will release a statement after their work is done.

If it was a random phone to be returned to someone fishing who’d dropped it, I think they would have said so yesterday morning. Just my own opinion based on intuition and logic. But obviously we’re going to have to wait and see.

Yes, this being his phone would be a badly needed break. It’s interesting about the timing:

that there was a report of the phone being cloned,
then a statement from law enforcement about it being part of the investigation.
And now the phone may be found.

Did it cause it to ring, alerting someone who then found it?
Or was someone alerted to get rid of the phone?
The phone was in the water and someone found it and set it out on the ground. That person apparently did not know about Caleb, and was thinking someone would be looking for it. A SECOND person overheard the talk about finding the phone, and knew about Caleb. Person #2 realized it could be his so either called the police or took it to them.

The phone was in the water and someone found it and set it out on the ground. That person apparently did not know about Caleb, and was thinking someone would be looking for it. A SECOND person overheard the talk about finding the phone, and knew about Caleb. Person #2 realized it could be his so either called the police or took it to them.
Yes. So we still are waiting for law enforcement to confirm that it is Caleb’s phone.

Packery is where a lot of people go surfing. I'd be pretty surprised if it is actually Caleb's phone. That would be an unusual find this late into him being missing. I'd think it would have been discarded by someone recently if it is his phone.
Then I wish law enforcement would just state that the recently found phone has no connection to the Caleb Harris case. Or that his Dad would, since he was the one who said the chances were very high that it was Caleb’s. You’re probably right and it’s very frustrating.

@daswagen The problem with the idea that it had been discarded there recently is that in the posted pics of the iPhone 12, the cover (which Caleb’s Dad said resembles the cover of his son’s phone) looked like it had been in the water a long time.

So that would only leave the idea that the suspect drove to the jetty and flung it soon after March 4. It’s about 10 miles from Caleb’s apartment complex.

Can someone post a still photo of the case? (With link to source?) Maybe we could sleuth whether it's one of the more popular iphone cases. If it's a common case, then less reason to be hopeful. But if it's really not a common case to buy, we can have some optimism. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay