Found Deceased TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone recall the condition of the field with the manhole at the time of his disappearance? For example, is it a grass field and the grass was 2 feet high? Being March, maybe it hadn't been mowed? Then, was the field being cut when the manhole was discovered months later?

The reason I ask is I continue to struggle with how a thorough search around the area of the apartment complex did not reveal the open manhole. Wouldn't the search include the field?

I suppose I lean to it being an accident as we've seen evidence of his urban exploration. I just can't understand the search turning up nothing. IMO, Homicide is not out of the realm of possibility by someone with ill intentions knowing about that manhole.

Does anyone recall the condition of the field with the manhole at the time of his disappearance? For example, is it a grass field and the grass was 2 feet high? Being March, maybe it hadn't been mowed? Then, was the field being cut when the manhole was discovered months later?

The reason I ask is I continue to struggle with how a thorough search around the area of the apartment complex did not reveal the open manhole. Wouldn't the search include the field?

I suppose I lean to it being an accident as we've seen evidence of his urban exploration. I just can't understand the search turning up nothing. IMO, Homicide is not out of the realm of possibility by someone with ill intentions knowing about that manhole.
I’ve heard various things about it being full of sharp stubble and impossible to walk in. However, I take it with a grain of salt because unfortunately I’ve seen nothing from law enforcement or MSM about the condition of the field at the time Caleb went missing.

And yes, law enforcement has not definitively ruled out foul play; they just only say they have no evidence of it at this point in time.

If he wandered around the field or walked directly to the hole that night, why didn't the scent dogs pick up his scent? I know that nearer to the apartment complex, many people wandered about and may have covered his scent, but if scent hounds crisscrossed that field, they should have picked up his scent closer to the hole. Unless he was carried over the field.
I also wonder if LE tested that manhole cover and the rim of the hole for his DNA. However he got in there he had to have scraped the rim. MOO MOO MOO

CCPD not considering Caleb Harris case a homicide​

last updated 9:49 PM, Aug 23, 2024
. . .Not much has changed since we got the autopsy results back," Chief Green told Scott.
Since the tragic day in March, many people have wondered if any arrests have been made. However, Green said CCPD has not considered the case a homicide, with one particular factor that stands out.

"In order to have an arrest, you have to have a crime and we can't even prove that a crime was committed," Green said. "We have no crime scene, we have no weapons. The autopsy came back without any major traumatic injury and that is why no one has been arrested because there's no proof that anyone was involved."

We did identify a couple of people that we thought could have been involved," Green said. "We went through phone records, cell phone dumps, and geofences, we were able to identify the people that were in that area that night and surveillance video and we ruled them out as being involved."

Conversations on social media have also been a hot topic within the case. Through several Facebook groups, misinformation was spread regarding theories and ideas of what happened to Harris the night he disappeared. Green encourages people to only discuss details that were provided directly from law enforcement rather than word of mouth from the community.

But the question remains: How exactly did Harris' body end up in the wastewater lift station?

"The evidence that we have gathered shows to us that the body entered the lift station through the sewage system, through the pipes. How the body got into those pipes…well we are back to where we were in the beginning," Green said.

Green also added that the department will continue looking at tips and calls with Crime Stoppers to get as much information as possible into what happened with Harris.. . .

Green began his conversation with Scott by saying CCPD detectives meet with the Harris family to give updates on the case nearly every week.

. . .Not much has changed since we got the autopsy results back," Chief Green told Scott.
Since the tragic day in March, many people have wondered if any arrests have been made. However, Green said CCPD has not considered the case a homicide, with one particular factor that stands out.

"In order to have an arrest, you have to have a crime and we can't even prove that a crime was committed," Green said. "We have no crime scene, we have no weapons. The autopsy came back without any major traumatic injury and that is why no one has been arrested because there's no proof that anyone was involved."

We did identify a couple of people that we thought could have been involved," Green said. "We went through phone records, cell phone dumps, and geofences, we were able to identify the people that were in that area that night and surveillance video and we ruled them out as being involved."

Conversations on social media have also been a hot topic within the case. Through several Facebook groups, misinformation was spread regarding theories and ideas of what happened to Harris the night he disappeared. Green encourages people to only discuss details that were provided directly from law enforcement rather than word of mouth from the community.

But the question remains: How exactly did Harris' body end up in the wastewater lift station?

"The evidence that we have gathered shows to us that the body entered the lift station through the sewage system, through the pipes. How the body got into those pipes…well we are back to where we were in the beginning," Green said.

Green also added that the department will continue looking at tips and calls with Crime Stoppers to get as much information as possible into what happened with Harris.. . .

Green began his conversation with Scott by saying CCPD detectives meet with the Harris family to give updates on the case nearly every week.
Thank you for this update.
So if no evidence of a homicide, it can’t be investigated as one. All they can do is keep the investigation open regarding how he entered the system. It must be difficult for his family.

Questions for Corpus Christi wastewater experts
1.What pipes (sewer or storm drain) , etc lead to the Perry Lift station where he was found. I would want a list of every single one, is it a few or many? Technically it is only supposed to be sewer pipes, are they sure of that?
2. What direction does the sewer water flow to the station? Can the direction change due to a storm such as the one Corpus Christi had before his body was found?
3. Which manholes, pipes would a body (intact or decomposed) be able to fit through? That lead to the station?
4. Is the only way a body could be found in that locked well is that it had to be directly placed there?

1.What pipes (sewer or storm drain) , etc lead to the Perry Lift station where he was found. I would want a list of every single one, is it a few or many? Technically it is only supposed to be sewer pipes, are they sure of that?
2. What direction does the sewer water flow to the station? Can the direction change due to a storm such as the one Corpus Christi had before his body was found?
3. Which manholes, pipes would a body (intact or decomposed) be able to fit through? That lead to the station?
4. Is the only way a body could be found in that locked well is that it had to be directly placed there?
With regard to #4, law enforcement has stated that he may have been placed there, or may have fallen in. Underlining by me:

The cause and manner of death is undetermined currently. We don’t believe that will change," Breedlove told PEOPLE on Friday, July 19.

It is possible he fell," the investigator added, while going on to say that it was also possible he was already deceased and then "placed in the opening of the manhole."

While previously speaking with PEOPLE, Breedlove explained that while Harris's remains showed no signs of homicide, authorities aren't eliminating the possibility of foul play. “We just don't have enough information to say one way or the other,” he said.

@Fireflye you read my mind. These are the vital questions, IMO. It doesn't matter to me that Caleb's remains bore no obvious sign of intentional injury. Given what little we know about the extent to which the remains had decomposed - even though there are inconsistent descriptions from one LE statement to another - it seems possible signs of violence could have decayed away.

I've mentioned before that I believe killers see graves where others never would. I think there could easily have been more than one possible point of entry, and the storm of the previous weekend could have been a disruptive force indeed, strong enough to sweep the remains into the Perry Place well from wherever they first entered the system. In short, Caleb could have been murdered and his body dumped in water, whether the well itself, a manhole, a drainage ditch, a retention pond, or some other place where water flows and ultimately, somewhere, interacts with public works waste-water management. There's no evidence to say that didn't happen, not yet, just as there is no evidence to say he fell into an open manhole.

Because as far as I know, it hasn't been established as fact that the crop field manhole across from Caleb's apartment was the point of entry. I do think if it was, camera probing should have captured his cell phone laying somewhere along the way, unless it was in his pocket, at which point it should have been discovered at the bottom of the Perry Place well. Where is that phone?

Your list of questions, if they could be answered, would let us begin to try to somehow reverse engineer Caleb's terribly sad fate, IMO.

The only thing I can think of is that the person used a burner phone or VPN and can’t be traced. Or would that still show up as a communication?
Even then, such a device would have shown in the geofence though it might be untraceable.
For this to work out, whoever murdered him would have had to left their phone off or at home and communicated with Caleb in a way that left no traces on Caleb's devices (or only communicated in person) all the while avoiding any cameras or the few people out and about in the area.
I see it as possible, but very unlikely.

Even then, such a device would have shown in the geofence though it might be untraceable.
For this to work out, whoever murdered him would have had to left their phone off or at home and communicated with Caleb in a way that left no traces on Caleb's devices (or only communicated in person) all the while avoiding any cameras or the few people out and about in the area.
I see it as possible, but very unlikely.
It doesn’t seem likely, no. I suppose you could arrange to meet someone in person, at a later date, but with apps and texts and cams it doesn’t make much sense.

In the end, they may conclude that Caleb fell into the manhole.

I never expected this case to be so baffling. But that’s true of others, too, such as Sebastian Rogers and Summer Wells. You expect clear answers, and if foul play, definite suspects. But it never happens.

How exactly did Harris body end up in the lift station? CC Police Chief Green said “ the evidence that we have gathered shows to us that the body entered the lift station through the sewage system, through the pipes.” Then I believe it was in April it was discovered a sewer pipe in the field across from Caleb’s residence had an uncovered sewer pipe. The cover had been knocked off. It seems reasonable that Caleb accidentally fell into that hole. Someone earlier mentioned the odor would have been apparent. I doubt that because it was likely an unused sewer line placed anticipating development of the field. I wonder if that line was a straight run to the nearby lift station or if it connects to another line that runs to the lift station? I do find it difficult to believe that a barefooted person would enter that corn/maze field. Their feet would need to be very pain tolerant.
Currently there is a small clump of growth taller than a person next to the sewer cover. I can see if that is the case why on a foggy night Caleb may have been drawn to investigate that area.
I wonder if he could have tripped over the cover that had been knocked off. Currently the cover rests on a concrete neck around the hole. It appears to be a fresh neck. Does anyone know if the original neck protruded from the ground a few inches like the current one does. Are there any photos of the field from March, near the time of disappearance?
I would have found it easier to believe Caleb traversed along the drainage ditch towards the lift station after taking his bridge photo. I know it was inspected and he was not found. The field was also searched and the sewer entrance was not found. Both seem difficult to believe. Does anyone know if scent dogs were used in any of the early searches?

This part stood out to me:

“We did identify a couple of people that we thought could have been involved," Green said. "We went through phone records, cell phone dumps, and geofences, we were able to identify the people that were in that area that night and surveillance video and we ruled them out as being involved."

IMO, they are not discounting the possibility of a meet up, and actually had suspects in mind. For all we know, they identified these suspects from the Reddit account.

Does anyone know off hand how much area a geofence warrant usually covers? I’ll try to research it a little later.

I’m not convinced one way or the other at this point. IMO.

If the police haven't found evidence of him contacting someone for a meet up, I have a hard time believing this is murder.

I guess it depends how you interpret what LE said. They did have suspects at one time— IMO they could possibly have been identified from the Reddit account.

I haven’t seen any statements that definitively stated otherwise. If there are, would love to see them!

This part stood out to me:

“We did identify a couple of people that we thought could have been involved," Green said. "We went through phone records, cell phone dumps, and geofences, we were able to identify the people that were in that area that night and surveillance video and we ruled them out as being involved."

IMO, they are not discounting the possibility of a meet up, and actually had suspects in mind. For all we know, they identified these suspects from the Reddit account.

Does anyone know off hand how much area a geofence warrant usually covers? I’ll try to research it a little later.

I’m not convinced one way or the other at this point. IMO.
Thanks for pointing out those quotes. It’s obvious that they did due diligence regarding the attempt to discover someone he may have been meeting. These individuals have been ruled out. I suppose unless something else surfaces, that avenue of investigation is cold.
Don’t know if the below is of any help:

IMG_4322.jpeg

Reactions: IDK
Thanks for pointing out those quotes. It’s obvious that they did due diligence regarding the attempt to discover someone he may have been meeting. These individuals have been ruled out. I suppose unless something else surfaces, that avenue of investigation is cold.
Don’t know if the below is of any help:

View attachment 527443
Very interesting-/ thanks for posting!

I know the family recently did an interview with Coffindaffer. Will try to listen though we may not be able to discuss here.

I guess it depends how you interpret what LE said. They did have suspects at one time— IMO they could possibly have been identified from the Reddit account.

I haven’t seen any statements that definitively stated otherwise. If there are, would love to see them!
At the beginning I honestly thought he was murdered, considering the rumors of a hookup. But it's clear the police used all their resources and more for the digital investigation and it didn't reveal anything. If it was murder, the murderer would have to be very knowledgeable about digital footprints.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lamp
Back