Deceased/Not Found TX - Candice Shields, 20, pregnant, Graham, 10 Dec 2011 *J. Thornburg guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, I think it's very off! It bothers me too that there is so little coverage of Candice. I still feel that, unfortunately, the fact that she does not seem to have custody of her son may be indicitive of some "trouble" in her past..... and sometimes past "troubles" make others think it's a voluntary disappearance. jmo

This is not the only missing case that is not covered by national media, it's only one of thousands, unfortunately. My feelings are that so little is known about the circumstances just prior to Candice's disappearance that it would end up being a 2-minute spot with very little to say. Also it seems her parents don't live in Graham, and the granparents don't seem to want to be in the spotlight. Neither does the boyfriend.
I don't know the area now, but when I lived there many years ago, people seemed to be rather standoffish. It was hard to make friends.

This is not the only missing case that is not covered by national media, it's only one of thousands, unfortunately. My feelings are that so little is known about the circumstances just prior to Candice's disappearance that it would end up being a 2-minute spot with very little to say. Also it seems her parents don't live in Graham, and the granparents don't seem to want to be in the spotlight. Neither does the boyfriend.
I don't know the area now, but when I lived there many years ago, people seemed to be rather standoffish. It was hard to make friends.

I bet you are right! There is very little to go on. I know that LE knows whether or not she got an email, personal FB message or a call but they aren't releasing it. I wish there was more information. I'd like to know if she had a hard pregnancy with her first child or if it went smoothly. Most likely, if she had an easy pregnancy, then this one might be an easy one too making it more believable that she could hide. Having family members living in a small town, I know that they can be like that. Hard for newcomers to fit in. Not really talking to outsiders.

Here is a link to a news site for missing people http://missingpersonsnews.com/?p=1054.

They remind the public that Candice might look somewhat different because she is now more than 4 months along and may have gained weight. Something to think about. I really hope that Candice is alive. I don't see how she could go on pregnant without anyone knowing where she is but this is all MOO.

I hope she's alive too. It's possible to hide a pregnancy until they're close to six months, if you wear loose clothes... but sooner or later, somebody is going to notice. I sure would not want to be all alone out there with a baby coming!!

Have the searches CUE talked about happened yet?

She was good friends with another girl who went missing and was found dead in o9? Bridgette Herard. Anyone know that case?

http://www.grahamleader.com/index.asp?Story=24059

They were close to Bridget Herard, the teenage girl who disappeared in December 2009 and whose body was found six weeks later.
“She was a friend of my daughter. She spent the night at our house two weeks prior to her disappearing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78085&highlight=bridget+herard

link to that case

http://www.newschannel6now.com/story/16575381/stepping-up-th?clienttype=printable

Monday morning the family of Candice Shields is taking another step to try and locate the pregnant mother.

Shields' immediate family along with a representative from the C.U.E center for missing persons are recruiting volunteers who are willing to search for Candice and help pass out flyers.

The searchers will meet before 10 a.m. at the Old Ag Barn in Graham on HWY 67. Candice Shields went missing the night of December 10th from her grandparents home in Graham.

http://www.newschannel6now.com/story/16583471/missing-mother-from-graham

Video in this article

SNIPPED:

Today we are actually updating our flyers on my daughter Candice," says Michelle Quillin, Shield's mother.

About 15 family members and friends gathered in the Old Ag Barn in Graham. They are sharing in Candice Shield's memory and gearing up for a continued search for information.

"We're going to go door to door around the neighborhood that she's been missing," Quillin explains.

Candice's mother and step-father lead the pack with help from CUE, Community United Effort Center for Missing Persons. They say the goal is to remind the people of Graham that Candice is still missing.

"There's some rumors that have been going around that have said that she's been found," Quillin says.

But that isn't the case. It's been 44 days since Candice was last seen by her grandfather. Her mother says they are looking for any information about the night Candice disappeared. "We just want to make people remember that night," Quillin says. "We are just trying to jog memories."

I think locally her story is airing on TV because I see a few local news stories online at various sites telling the details of her disappearance throughout the 44 days she has been missing. Probably people who live there know of her disappearance well but we who don't live there aren't hearing about it. It is probably so hard for mom being out-of-town trying to organize and figure out what to do. I can't even imagine :(. I hope this search brings the much needed answers she needs.

This will be a good show tonight - make sure to tune in at 6 PM CST -

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/2012/01/roth-show-asking-questions-what.html

SNIPPED:

As he does every night, Grandpa secures both the front and back door says goodnight to everyone in the house and heads to bed.

The evening of December 10, 2011, was no different. When he got up in the early morning hour of December 11th, making sure the house was secure, the backdoor was not. Immediately he checked in on all the bedroom doors. His granddaughter, 19 year-old Candice Shields was no where in sight. Nothing in the home was out of place, broken or taken. Grandpa knew something was wrong.

Candice Shields, who lived in Graham, Texas is the mother of a toddler she also is pregnant, expecting her second child.

There is a lot involved with this case. Candice Shields, did not vanish into thin air!

Not that I even remotely think there is anything in common, but wow I was struck by this girls resemblance to Brianna Maitland!
Or is it just me thinking that?
I go back and forth...the 1st time I saw it it struck me, then looking again I was like nahhhhh....then looking again, I saw it, and then no...back and forth......

Texas police call disappearance of young pregnant woman 'unusual'

I listened to the Roth Show. Interesting that Candice's Mom and one of the speakers feel the most recent boyfriend (Father of her unborn child) should be investigated.

Evidently he has never contacted Candice's Mother, even though she has met him. I think that's kinda weird
icon9.gif
. She's pregnant with his child?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452