TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don’t understand about Monica talking the grandfather out of pressing charges. How did she know it happened or have time to intervene? Wouldn’t you call 911 the second the intruder is out of your house? It’s not something you sleep on… This doesn’t make sense.
Just a wild guess; maybe they all knew each other before the incident, maybe immediately after the incident DB walked, or ran, the very short distance from grandpa’s house to the house where he “sometimes stayed” and told them he had gotten into a fight with grandpa when he went there “looking for his girlfriend”, maybe she then walked over or gave grandpa a call. Maybe grandpa had other reasons for not calling 911 and she gave him the support he needed. /speculation
There’s obviously more to every story, things we don’t know about relationships.
jmo

Per DB's Atty?
Is "the world"* responsible for "basically prejudicing this whole community," or could it be a specific something, like a home surv. vid of DB provided to MSM?

Unless atty Heath Harris has Houdini-like powers to prevent this vid from being introduced into evd & shown at trial, I'm not sure whether seeing this vid now will prejudice the community from which the jury is drawn. IDK, could be, my2ct.

* “The world is basically prejudicing this whole community by saying, ‘That’s him,’” Harris told ..." Harris also said "Brown told him that is he not guilty of breaking into the house and taking Cash, or of killing him... he will request a mental health evaluation and anticipates there will be proof of a serious mental disorder." bbm
Man accused of kidnapping Cash Gernon argues he’s not the man seen in video, lawyer says dallasnews.com May 28
A private party closely involved with the case releasing evidence in a murder investigation to the Daily Mail could present a problem at trial. jmo
I remember the day it happened, some websleuthers pointed this out.

Besides the revelation in this Fox4 News article that a woman who lives at the house where Cash stayed talked the grandpa out of pressing charges against DB and defended DB’s actions because of his mental disability, telling grandpa, he [DB] “needed help”, and also he “sometimes stayed at her home”, there is something else curious.
DB was looking for his girlfriend, I wonder if she lived at the house where grandpa lived or was there some other reason DB thought she was there? Was DB’s girlfriend the mother of the 2 year old?
Did grandpa know DB?
It seems like a fairly close-knit community. jmo
“Brown grabbed a kitchen knife and said he wasn’t going to leave until he found his girlfriend. The homeowner managed to get Brown out of the house and told him his girlfriend was not there, the police document states.
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February
Looking for his girlfriend. Holy mole' It just gets weirder and weirder,but it's all starting to really come together. He was two doors down from where he was staying. Then along comes the woman from two doors down,and talks him out of pressing charges. The same woman who has two four year old's of a fugitive of the law who stayed with her too. Now one of the sweet boys is dead,dumped in the road. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. MOO

Notify CPS?
... AND if LE knew of the incident but he didn’t want to press charges, I think CPS should have been notified.
@diggndeeperstill sbm Thanks for your response.

Was CPS notified of the Feb. incident re DB, G'fa, and 2 y/o girl?
Possibly, but if so, doubtful imo that info will be publicly released. Likely we will not know. my2ct.

DB's Capabilities?
No kidding.
My point is he is being represented as incapable of even writing his name. How would he manage a phone or photos or an Instagram account?
@Curiosa20 bbm Maybe I'm trying to follow too many cases but I've missed ^ this. Link please? Anyone? TiA.

Last edited:
Release of Home Surv. Vid?
A private party closely involved with the case releasing evidence in a murder investigation to the Daily Mail could present a problem at trial. jmo
I remember the day it happened, some websleuthers pointed this out.
@everybodhi Thanks for your response. Yes, agreeing that recent vid release could present a 'problem at trial.'

Seems likely imo this vid will be entered in evd and shown to jury at trial. If so, as I posted earlier, "I'm not sure whether seeing this vid now will prejudice the community from which the jury is drawn. IDK, could be, my2ct." bbm

OTOH, if trial ct sustains (defense team's hypothetical) objection to showing this vid, then jury will not see vid. Grounds for appeal? Sure, anything is. Successful grounds for appeal, for reversing conviction or for new trial? IDK, my2ct.

The homeowner told FOX 4 the only reason he didn't press charges at the time of the attack is because a woman who lived a few doors down asked him not to, saying Brown was suffering from a mental episode. She also told him brown sometimes stayed with her.

That woman lived at the same home where, months later, 4-year-old Cash Gernon would be taken from and allegedly killed by Brown.
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

curiouser and curiouser

It’s a crime to not report a felony. Class A Misdemeanor. Both of them need to be charged with not reporting this attempted kidnapping, home invasion and assault. That’s why we have this law. It could have prevented this killing.

Question for folks more in the know about these things than I am... Does anyone know if LE (or anyone/any group) asks murderers why they do what they do? I would think that information could be useful. I confused Google when I tried searching for that and got a bunch of unrelated stuff. TIA

Sure. Motive. Premeditation or accident. Many reasons.

<modsnip - rumor>

Another point: who was the girlfriend DB was looking for? If he boldly walked into a house looking for a girlfriend, grabbed a knife, and threatened a small child, but the child was easily removed from his arms and then he walked out and no one pressed charges... There is something in there that, if you read carefully and give it a little thought, doesn't quite sound right.

Perhaps a search for former occupants of the address would yield some clarity, but something about this grandfather's belated chiming in seems by design. The incident described is anything but minor, and running into DB at Walmart and getting an apology weeks later wouldn't quite make me feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - rumor>

Another point: who was the girlfriend DB was looking for? If he boldly walked into a house looking for a girlfriend, grabbed a knife, and threatened a small child, but the child was easily removed from his arms and then he walked out and no one pressed charges... There is something in there that, if you read carefully and give it a little thought, doesn't quite sound right.

Perhaps a search for former occupants of the address would yield some clarity, but something about this grandfather's belated chiming in seems by design. The incident described is anything but minor, and running into DB at Walmart and getting an apology weeks later wouldn't quite make me feel better.

Apologies, Mod, for mentioning a rumor, I only did so because someone had point-blank mentioned it earlier in the thread. As far as we know, the address for this incident has not been released? Why would anyone think or say it was MS? That is most assuredly jumping the gun on the matter.

If a police report is filed, names will have to be named because the "woman" would have to support the allegations and admit she intervened.

I don't know why this person would refrain from pressing charges immediately. All this delay does for me is cast doubt on the story, or give me the sense that there might be some hyperbole at play.

Just a wild guess; maybe they all knew each other before the incident, maybe immediately after the incident DB walked, or ran, the very short distance from grandpa’s house to the house where he “sometimes stayed” and told them he had gotten into a fight with grandpa when he went there “looking for his girlfriend”, maybe she then walked over or gave grandpa a call. Maybe grandpa had other reasons for not calling 911 and she gave him the support he needed. /speculation
There’s obviously more to every story, things we don’t know about relationships.
jmo

This explanation makes perfect sense.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think MAYBE it’s possible that the grandpa called the police at the time but didn’t press charges (because he was told by MS that DB was in a mental health crisis) BUT that DB was taken to get mental health by the first responders at the time. I could be wrong, but it sounds possible to me. (I hope that’s the explanation.)

jmo

He was 'looking for his GF' so tried to abduct a 2 yo? Why? Did he think the 2 yo was his GF? Was he trying to take the 2 yo to make his GF mad? I'm trying to understand the connection between trying to find his GF and trying to take a 2 yo.

Stop the ride... I want to get off!

Just when this seems to be the bottom of the bottom...

Very sad, but another case where I say " Do not try to make sense of this".

No judgement, but everyone does not live the way we do perhaps.

I see it on my own block. I couldn't tell you.what children live where be it permanent or not. In and out and this "auntie" or that "grandpa". Your dad now lives across the street after fathering five of you. You want to go play with your "sister" across the street who was born to dad's new lady along with two other kids.

Oh and I can't forget the numerous people that "stay there". Too many short term borders with eight kids around.

There is.no sense to it. Sadly this little guy paid the ultimate price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeptemberDaffodil