TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 'looking for his GF' so tried to abduct a 2 yo? Why? Did he think the 2 yo was his GF? Was he trying to take the 2 yo to make his GF mad? I'm trying to understand the connection between trying to find his GF and trying to take a 2 yo.
Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online Back to MS statements about DB being at the house two days prior. There's a huge white elephant nobody has really gone over. Who let DB in to interact with Cash??????????? After all that transpired with DB and the neighbor's grand child,and the blatant red flags. That is a huge issue for me that I just can't wrap my head around. MOO

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online Back to MS statements about DB being at the house two days prior. There's a huge white elephant nobody has really gone over. Who let DB in to interact with Cash??????????? After all that transpired with DB and the neighbor's grand child,and the blatant red flags. That is a huge issue for me that I just can't wrap my head around. MOO

I think MS's son let him in. Doubt it was the twins and it certainly wasn't the daughter. She said he "creeped her out" which is actually pretty darn accurate after DB himself called himself a creep (or some version of the word) in the vid. Then again, maybe he kicked the door in and let himself in. :rolleyes: Sorry, not trying to make light of either situation (Cash and the 2yo) but he did kick in that door.

My vote goes to the son.

I am totally lost. People keep making the inference that MS was the one who intervened for DB for the February incident with the 2-year-old child. I would like, please, some reference to where the gentleman in question lives and why we would want to assume it's two doors down from MS. Nowhere have I seen that he lives on the same street, and perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough.

<modsnip-quoted post removed>

This is not in defense of DB, but rather a point I'd like to make regarding his reported inability to sign his name.

Our son is a disabled, non-verbal adult. He can recognize letters and numbers; he also recognizes words (by this I mean he can identify familiar words even if the font used is not one he is familiar with) and can easily TYPE passwords he memorizes.

Reading and writing are basically the interpretation and reading of symbols accepted by all to communicate specific ideas. Is it possible that DB is semi-literate? Yes. Is it possible that he cannot sign his name? Yes. Can he type and/or read symbols that constitute vocabulary? Yes.

All that being said: it all hinges on whatever diagnosis he has and if it involves strictly mental illness OR if it is a mental illness diagnosis related to a developmental disability. Our son, for example, is on the Autism Spectrum, but he is also has a Moderate MR diagnosis as well as bipolar disorder. What this means, in terms of OUR role in his life, is a lot of work and involvement, and participation outside of the resources available for him through outside service providers.

Again, not an excuse for DB because facts line up to paint a rather dire picture of the home lives of all involved parties.

I don't know if any of this made any sense or if the insight helps/interests anyone. Apologies.

It’s a crime to not report a felony. Class A Misdemeanor. Both of them need to be charged with not reporting this attempted kidnapping, home invasion and assault. That’s why we have this law. It could have prevented this killing.

There is some reason to believe there was an incident report, but as it is not listed in the open records database (as of last week at least), it's not clear who made the call and why.

I am totally lost. People keep making the inference that MS was the one who intervened for DB for the February incident with the 2-year-old child. I would like, please, some reference to where the gentleman in question lives and why we would want to assume it's two doors down from MS. Nowhere have I seen that he lives on the same street, and perhaps I'm just not looking hard enough.
That woman lived at the same home where, months later, 4-year-old Cash Gernon would be taken from and allegedly killed by Brown.18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

It’s a crime to not report a felony. Class A Misdemeanor. Both of them need to be charged with not reporting this attempted kidnapping, home invasion and assault. That’s why we have this law. It could have prevented this killing.
I think is a mistake to presume that no call was made related to the incident by anyone.

<modsnip-quoted post removed>

This is not in defense of DB, but rather a point I'd like to make regarding his reported inability to sign his name.

Our son is a disabled, non-verbal adult. He can recognize letters and numbers; he also recognizes words (by this I mean he can identify familiar words even if the font used is not one he is familiar with) and can easily TYPE passwords he memorizes.

Reading and writing are basically the interpretation and reading of symbols accepted by all to communicate specific ideas. Is it possible that DB is semi-literate? Yes. Is it possible that he cannot sign his name? Yes. Can he type and/or read symbols that constitute vocabulary? Yes.

All that being said: it all hinges on whatever diagnosis he has and if it involves strictly mental illness OR if it is a mental illness diagnosis related to a developmental disability. Our son, for example, is on the Autism Spectrum, but he is also has a Moderate MR diagnosis as well as bipolar disorder. What this means, in terms of OUR role in his life, is a lot of work and involvement, and participation outside of the resources available for him through outside service providers.

Again, not an excuse for DB because facts line up to paint a rather dire picture of the home lives of all involved parties.

I don't know if any of this made any sense or if the insight helps/interests anyone. Apologies.
Thank you for your considerate reply. I am working but would like to follow up later this evening. I recognize and agree with what you are saying.
I do think that DB has been used. And I feel like his household environment has had alot to do with where he is today. I wonder if he set up the Life account or if it was set up by someone close to him under his name. That seems plausible to me.
Where or to whom did he sell/fence the stuff he was allegedly stealing, I also wonder. His Mom or step dad didn’t notice him coming home with random stuff? Or wonder about a source of funds or goods he would have gotten for selling or trading the stuff he allegedly stole?

Thank you for your considerate reply. I am working but would like to follow up later this evening. I recognize and agree with what you are saying.
I do think that DB has been used. And I feel like his household environment has had alot to do with where he is today. I wonder if he set up the **** Life account or if it was set up by someone close to him under his name. That seems plausible to me.
Where or to whom did he sell/fence the stuff he was allegedly stealing, I also wonder. His Mom or step dad didn’t notice him coming home with random stuff? Or wonder about a source of funds or goods he would have gotten for selling or trading the stuff he allegedly stole?

Our son has an iTunes account I set up for him, and he accesses it fairly easily in spite of not having the literate abilities and skills one would expect are required for it. It is quite possible that someone has set things up for him, or that he has done it himself and then plays the innocent. Everything is possible until it's determined that it isn't.

I think MAYBE it’s possible that the grandpa called the police at the time but didn’t press charges (because he was told by MS that DB was in a mental health crisis) BUT that DB was taken to get mental health by the first responders at the time. I could be wrong, but it sounds possible to me. (I hope that’s the explanation.)

Not directed at you ktgirl, but I’m pretty sure LE doesn’t make the decision to take someone to get mental health care vs jail. Usually a person is arrested then possibly seen by a nurse in the jail and taken to the hospital if they show signs of needing acute care. The person is seen by a psychiatrist in the ER who then evaluates the person and decides if they are in crisis and thus taken to an inpatient mental health hospital. Very few mental health hospitals have enough room to admit people who have a mental illness but are not actively in crisis. There is so much misinformation in this thread about how mental healthcare is handled. MOO but I do work at an inpatient MH facility.

TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

I thought it was unclear whether it (the feb incident) was actually reported to LE. I’m not sure that the grandfather should be allowed to make the decision to press charges. AND if LE knew of the incident but he didn’t want to press charges, I think CPS should have been notified.
@diggndeeperstill You are not the only one puzzled about when G'pa contacted LE re DB's Feb actions.

If G'pa's stmt to reporter was truthful & if article below is accurate, G'pa contacted LE Feb 8. Seems unequivocal, but there are two IFs in that conclusion, at least from the ;)hair-splitters' point of view.

"The man’s account of what happened next provides more insight about Cash’s abduction and murder three months later. He says he didn't initially press charges the night of the incident because the woman who was caring for Cash and lived a few doors down came over and said Brown who sometimes stayed at her home was having a mental health breakdown and needed help."
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February May 28

Last edited:
It was in the Fox News article linked on this thread.

He says he didn't initially press charges the night of the incident because the woman who was caring for Cash and lived a few doors down came over and said Brown who sometimes stayed at her home was having a mental health breakdown and needed help.

According to the arrest warrant, Dallas police officers ended up picking him up on a social service referral.
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

Also there was cached open Dallas data when this case first popped with the suspect Feb arrest from the Florina Parkway address where Cash was staying ... couldn’t make sense of it until I saw the Fox report. JMO/ one could conclude that after the incident with the grandpa and 2 year old girl, DB was picked up at the home where Cash was staying after MS intervened. TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

He says he didn't initially press charges the night of the incident because the woman who was caring for Cash and lived a few doors down came over and said Brown who sometimes stayed at her home was having a mental health breakdown and needed help.

According to the arrest warrant, Dallas police officers ended up picking him up on a social service referral.
18-year-old accused in 4-year-old Dallas boy's death allegedly grabbed another toddler in February

Also there was cached open Dallas data when this case first popped with the suspect Feb arrest from the Florina Parkway address where Cash was staying ... couldn’t make sense of it until I saw the Fox report. JMO/ one could conclude that after the incident with the grandpa and 2 year old girl, DB was picked up at the home where Cash was staying after MS intervened. TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

Ah, goes to show I no longer have the ability to do more than three things at a time. I stand corrected and appreciate the clarifications offered. You all are great!

And in that same Incident Report DB on Feb 8, DB gave the Florina MS address as his own and identified as Darriyn Gil Brown. Gill or Gil is his mother’s family name.
I wish I wasn’t working :)

Not directed at you ktgirl, but I’m pretty sure LE doesn’t make the decision to take someone to get mental health care vs jail. Usually a person is arrested then possibly seen by a nurse in the jail and taken to the hospital if they show signs of needing acute care. The person is seen by a psychiatrist in the ER who then evaluates the person and decides if they are in crisis and thus taken to an inpatient mental health hospital. Very few mental health hospitals have enough room to admit people who have a mental illness but are not actively in crisis. There is so much misinformation in this thread about how mental healthcare is handled. MOO but I do work at an inpatient MH facility.

With respect, and with full acknowledgement I don't know what did or didn't happen, Texas statutes do permit a peace officer to use judgement and take a person into custody without a warrant, staight to a mental facility for evaluation. HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE CHAPTER 573. EMERGENCY DETENTION

Taking them to jail is at least by statute actively discouraged. "
A peace officer who takes a person into custody under Subsection (a) shall immediately:

(1) transport the apprehended person to:

(A) the nearest appropriate inpatient mental health facility; or

(B) a mental health facility deemed suitable by the local mental health authority, if an appropriate inpatient mental health facility is not available; or

(2) transfer the apprehended person to emergency medical services personnel of an emergency medical services provider in accordance with a memorandum of understanding executed under Section 573.005 for transport to a facility described by Subdivision (1)(A) or (B).

(e) A jail or similar detention facility may not be deemed suitable except in an extreme emergency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory