TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRAFFIC STOP LEADS TO THE ARREST OF A WANTED FELON.
On June 10, 2021, deputies with Constable Mark Herman's Office conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the 2700 block of North Sam Houston Parkway West. The driver was identified as Trevor Gernon.
Further investigation revealed he had multiple open Felony Warrants for two counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance, two counts of Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle and Fraud.

"Trevor Allen Gernon was arrested and booked into the Harris County Jail for the Felony Warrants. His total bond was set at $115,000.00 out of the 178th District Court." - Constable Mark Herman
S
199240153_4477248405641371_4162506670608376800_n.jpg

So, he was caught in Houston.

Well, there is enough evidence to charge him with the crime they'd been holding off on...and that is tremendously important. That there is more, I don't doubt. That the defense is going to take a strong stance on this, I don't doubt either. But it's harder to argue things are "pure conjecture" when they're concrete and can be backed with science.
This is not over by any stretch of the imagination. In a lot of ways, this part is worse.
@MsLGinNC Thank you for your response. The point of my post was - there's still more evidence to collect & analyze. Seems we agree, as you posted "That there is more, I don't doubt."*
I think we're all looking forward to prosecution & conviction of the killer(s). my2ct.

* My post acknowledged a specific phrase in your post as "possible" and did not dismiss it as "pure conjecture" (your characterization of "possible").

Well, there is enough evidence to charge him with the crime they'd been holding off on...and that is tremendously important. That there is more, I don't doubt. That the defense is going to take a strong stance on this, I don't doubt either. But it's harder to argue things are "pure conjecture" when they're concrete and can be backed with science.
This is not over by any stretch of the imagination. In a lot of ways, this part is worse.
@MsLGinNC Thank you for your response. The point of my post was - there's still more evidence to collect & analyze. Seems we agree, as you posted "That there is more, I don't doubt."*
I think we're all looking forward to prosecution & conviction of the killer(s). my2ct.

* My post acknowledged a specific phrase in your post as "possible" and did not dismiss it as "pure conjecture" (your characterization of "possible").

He looks tired. And/or defeated. I don't think he thought life was going to turn out the way it did for him. It's such a shame. He could have been something had he put his mind to it.

He should really look at the bright side. Maybe he'll find himself in the same facility as DB at some point.

There have been moments when I've worried about the process in this particular case; a law enforcement officer making a public statement about how there was no doubt as to DB's guilt makes for a sticky situation. That might still prove to be a misstep when it comes to getting this case to court. But that sufficient evidence seems to have been gathered to make a formal charge is huge.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that words matter and can have an impact on legal procedures. A lot about this case, and how it has been presented, has involved presenting evidence in the wrong medium; the recording as shared through The Daily Mail was unfortunate because it broke the flow of evidence gathering.

There have been moments when I've worried about the process in this particular case; a law enforcement officer making a public statement about how there was no doubt as to DB's guilt makes for a sticky situation. That might still prove to be a misstep when it comes to getting this case to court. But that sufficient evidence seems to have been gathered to make a formal charge is huge.
Sometimes it's easy to forget that words matter and can have an impact on legal procedures. A lot about this case, and how it has been presented, has involved presenting evidence in the wrong medium; the recording as shared through The Daily Mail was unfortunate because it broke the flow of evidence gathering.
@MsLGinNC bbm I share your concerns about LE's "no doubt" phrasing which seemed premature when lab test results were still pending. That may have comforted the ppl at neighborhood meeting when it was held, but could add fuel to def. team's potential argument about LE's rush-to-judgment mind set.
Yes, enough evd to make formal charge is huge, Huge, HUGE.:):D my2ct.

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The father of a 4-year-old boy who was found murdered in a street in Dallas in May has been arrested in Harris County for outstanding warrants, authorities said Thursday.

Trevor Gernon was taken into custody Thursday during a traffic stop on North Sam Houston Parkway. He had warrants for two counts of possession of a controlled substance, two counts of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and fraud.

Trevor Gernon, Father Of Murdered 4-Year-Old In Dallas, Arrested In Harris County On Fraud, Possession Charges

TRAFFIC STOP LEADS TO THE ARREST OF A WANTED FELON.
On June 10, 2021, deputies with Constable Mark Herman's Office conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle in the 2700 block of North Sam Houston Parkway West. The driver was identified as Trevor Gernon.
Further investigation revealed he had multiple open Felony Warrants for two counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance, two counts of Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle and Fraud.

"Trevor Allen Gernon was arrested and booked into the Harris County Jail for the Felony Warrants. His total bond was set at $115,000.00 out of the 178th District Court." - Constable Mark Herman

199240153_4477248405641371_4162506670608376800_n.jpg

I just can't fathom how he didn't show up for respect for Cash and to give comfort to Carter. Yes, I know he was a fugitive who would have been arrested, and maybe he told himself it wouldn't help Carter if he were in jail. But for his own sake, I can't understand it. How could he not want to mourn Cash and be with Carter, even for a few hours? He couldn't be on the run forever; this was a fairly predictable outcome.

Ok, yall. Do your thing. Im not going to sit here and bash the police process and excuse the behavior of this child murderer.

Killer is good boy. I get it.

This is the problem. Who thinks DB is a good boy? He might not be a murderer, Who is bashing the police process? You say "child murderer". I get it - you think just DB murdered Cash. If he did, he will be held responsible. The officer answering questions at that meeting was out of line time after time - a lawyer will expose this. If that's "bashing the police process", fine. Not sure I've ever seen anything like that event. People just firing away questions. Ridiculous. No press conference? For how crazy DB is portrayed by some here, he sure knew how to hide evidence and must be adamantly denying guilt, knew to talk to a lawyer. The officer at the council event - she was going to say what the people wanted to hear and she shouldn't have done it. I saw her hesitate before saying a couple of her statements. She knew better. The crowd wanted her to say "DB killed Cash". Seemed like crowd also wanted to be told that they could "take it into their own hands". LE can't just arrest DB for walking in a neighborhood. The crowd is emotionally invested. <modsnip> Reporters aren't perfect. Media is biased. If LE said DB killed Cash - unequivocally, not at all like the officer at that council meeting - I would still ask questions and hope that someone innocent wasn't being framed. <modsnip> if I don't immediately accept as fact the claim of the Texas Deputy AG's brother whose face was blurred out that DB was "exposing himself" - what does that mean? Would need to hear more than just two words. <modsnip> Is he under oath? Why would I just accept that without considering its validity? What's fact is fact. Speculation is speculation. Can't pick and choose. Obviously I'm behind, catching up. As of now DB hasn't been charged with murder. <modsnip> It's not that I don't want to believe it was DB by himself who killed Cash. I just don't believe it. If he did it himself, the facts will show it. JMO. Justice for CG.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the problem. Who thinks DB is a good boy? He might not be a murderer, Who is bashing the police process? You say "child murderer". I get it - you think just DB murdered Cash. If he did, he will be held responsible. The officer answering questions at that meeting was out of line time after time - a lawyer will expose this. If that's "bashing the police process", fine. Not sure I've ever seen anything like that event. People just firing away questions. Ridiculous. No press conference? For how crazy DB is portrayed by some here, he sure knew how to hide evidence and must be adamantly denying guilt, knew to talk to a lawyer. The officer at the council event - she was going to say what the people wanted to hear and she shouldn't have done it. I saw her hesitate before saying a couple of her statements. She knew better. The crowd wanted her to say "DB killed Cash". Seemed like crowd also wanted to be told that they could "take it into their own hands". LE can't just arrest DB for walking in a neighborhood. The crowd is emotionally invested. <modsnip> Reporters aren't perfect. Media is biased. If LE said DB killed Cash - unequivocally, not at all like the officer at that council meeting - I would still ask questions and hope that someone innocent wasn't being framed. <modsnip> if I don't immediately accept as fact the claim of the Texas Deputy AG's brother whose face was blurred out that DB was "exposing himself" - what does that mean? Would need to hear more than just two words. <modsnip> Is he under oath? Why would I just accept that without considering its validity? What's fact is fact. Speculation is speculation. Can't pick and choose. Obviously I'm behind, catching up. As of now DB hasn't been charged with murder. <modsnip> It's not that I don't want to believe it was DB by himself who killed Cash. I just don't believe it. If he did it himself, the facts will show it. JMO. Justice for CG.

IMO just going to respond to a few things you've mentioned, as I see them.

1. People just firing away questions at this event---- about two weeks before 9/11, I went to a community event in my neighborhood, with Mayor Giuliani and Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik. That meeting was conducted the same way....those of us who wanted to ask questions stood on line at the microphones. It seems to be the usual method of what here is referred to as a Town Hall. In NYC that was common, to address issues in neighborhoods, and that became less common after 9/11.

2. Seemed like the crowd wanted to be told they could take matters into their own hands-- IMO, that is an assumption you are making, and respectfully there is nothing to indicate that. I think it's a big leap, making that inference.

3. Exposing himself and what does that mean, it's only two words---sir, your name says you're a man, IMO two words are enough, we all know what that means. Furthermore, it was someone in the audience who said that DB had exposed himself, not the AG's own account, if I recall correctly.

4. LE can't just arrest someone for walking in a neighborhood---he was arrested because he's on tape lifting Cash out of bed and removing him from his home

5. If you've caught up, you know by now that DB has in fact been charged with murder.

None of this is to bash anyone, just my response and my opinion to several points you've made.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

As of last night, DB has been charged with CAPITAL murder due to lab-confirmed evidence linking DB to Cash at the time of death. I can only think of one piece of evidence that this would be.

As of last night, DB has been charged with CAPITAL murder due to evidence linking DB to Cash at the time of death. I can only think of one piece of evidence that this would be.
Right, and to clarify, it was evidence that was submitted to a lab. It's not just the video tape that led to the charge of murder.

Processing evidence takes time. He wasn't arrested immediately for murder not because somebody else did it but because the investigation was in progress.

jmo

Right, and to clarify, it was evidence that was submitted to a lab. It's not just the video tape that led to the charge of murder.

Processing evidence takes time. He wasn't arrested immediately for murder not because somebody else did it but because the investigation was in progress.

jmo

Yes, lab-confirmed. I'm going to go back and fix that.

As of last night, DB has been charged with CAPITAL murder due to evidence linking DB to Cash at the time of death. I can only think of one piece of evidence that this would be.

Just learning this, sorry. Need to catch up. So IMO, if I argued now, post-murder charge, that it's not DB on camera, or insisted that DB had nothing to do with the murder, that would be conspiracy-like. Looks like LE was just getting the evidence together, as many here said. Often the case, but not always. If he has been charged with murder, presumably LE has the evidence to secure a conviction. Not sure why that officer was revealing so much at the council event. Lawyer will bring that up. Strange case. Justice for CG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member