TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

I won't post the relevant snips from the link above. I will walk delicately here because of the WS victim friendly stance and my genuine belief that none of the adults (Sherrod, bio dad, bio mom) are guilty of harming little Cash this past weekend. If Sherrod's statements in this article regarding the situation around her having physical custody (not legal custody which is another animal) of the twins, I feel badly for her. I believe she indeed loved those boys and if she is telling things accurately she was a large part of their day to day care and an influence in their lives for a pretty big portion of it the past year or so.

I won't speak to or opine as to my thoughts on the other adults in these boys lives and their choices as I don't know them and they are considered victims here at Websleuths. I will only say it seems Cash and his brother had a lot of strife in their little lives and that makes me sad for them both. Hoping brother C has a smoother ride from here on out.

Having just read the DM article for some answers I've came away with more questions. Bio mom apparently wasn't looking for the twins and barely had contact with them before bio dad went missing? Wouldn't facetime with them at Christmas. Seems like the twins were staying with their dad and his gf way before he moved in around valentine's Day. I wonder how long they've been around the gf then. I thought 4 months was a bit quick to be calling them their sons, brothers etc. But seems gf and bio dad go back years. Although this is all according to (now former) gf who is apparently getting a lot of hate in regards to poor Cash's death.

Looks like these children were failed by everyone around them sadly. Including GFs kids who had been taken away from her before.

Sherrod revealed Brown, whom she described as an acquaintance of one of her sons, had visited the house two days earlier and interacted with Cash while she was out, which angered her at the time.

'I told him don't come back around my kids. I don't want you,' she said.

'I was out grocery shopping when he was here. I'd left the twins with my boys and daughter. He was only here a short time. Emily said he creeped her out. I got upset with them.'

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online
The video revealed a lot. Apparently she doesn’t have to go to work every day & thus was homeschooling the twins.

Having watched the video, I believe that DB had visited the house more than once since he was able to find the room that the boys were sleeping. It’s an obstacle course. This trek was done in the dark.

Having watched the video, I believe that DB had visited the house more than once since he was able to find the room that the boys were sleeping. It’s an obstacle course. This trek was done in the dark.
It seems like their room was right off the garage and she said he entered through the garage. My hunch is the twins' bedroom was converted from another room like a den.

Not sure, but that's what it looked like to me.

jmo

It seems like their room was right off the garage and she said he entered through the garage. My hunch is the twins' bedroom was converted from another room like a den.

Not sure, but that's what it looked like to me.

jmo

I think they added the room by enclosing the patio area. You can see the brick on one of the walls. Plus sliding glass door going into the room makes me think it was the door to the patio. moo

"Dallas 4-year-old boy seen snatched from bed by suspect Darriynn Brown in chilling video | Fox News" Dallas 4-year-old boy seen snatched from bed by suspect Darriynn Brown in chilling video So confusing. Did The twin brother wake up right away, or hrs later????
I’ve watched it so many times, so hopefully I can explain it correctly. Carter gets into bed and moments later DB enters the room then waits a bit before taking cash. Then DB returns later, 1.5-2 hrs, to take Carter but for some reason he doesn’t and walks out of the room and Carter wakes up shortly after DB walks out.

I’ve watched it so many times, so hopefully I can explain it correctly. Carter gets into bed and moments later DB enters the room then waits a bit before taking cash. Then DB returns later, 1.5-2 hrs, to take Carter but for some reason he doesn’t and walks out of the room and Carter wakes up shortly after DB walks out.
Thank you. Poor Carter, thankful he's back with his mom. He must have been so confused,and scared before that. What a mess this all is. MOO

That was truly chilling. And reminds me quite a bit of the "Elizabeth Smart" and "Jon Benet Ramsey" cases. I remember that both families had numerous people in their homes routinely. It was crazy numbers, literally in the 100's for both families, within a few months.

That made me, reassess who came in our home. Casual friends and acquaintances of our older children. Our home used to be friendly, drop in, stay for dinner, whatever. I changed the entire routine. And explained why.

After that, our home was more secure, quieter. No more big barbecues and parties. We changed to small family only gatherings. I think it was better. Older kids could meet with their friends at the library, go to Starbucks, whatever. But not at our house.

This video, and the fact that he had been in the home previously, is exactly why I made that change, 20 years ago or so.

Sherrod revealed Brown, whom she described as an acquaintance of one of her sons, had visited the house two days earlier and interacted with Cash while she was out, which angered her at the time.

'I told him don't come back around my kids. I don't want you,' she said.

'I was out grocery shopping when he was here. I'd left the twins with my boys and daughter. He was only here a short time. Emily said he creeped her out. I got upset with them.'

Something caused her to become upset and say to him

“I don’t want you”

did she mean I don’t want you around the kids or did she mean it as quoted?
I DON’T WANT YOU…very interesting phrase.

I won't post the relevant snips from the link above. I will walk delicately here because of the WS victim friendly stance and my genuine belief that none of the adults (Sherrod, bio dad, bio mom) are guilty of harming little Cash this past weekend. If Sherrod's statements in this article regarding the situation around her having physical custody (not legal custody which is another animal) of the twins, I feel badly for her. I believe she indeed loved those boys and if she is telling things accurately she was a large part of their day to day care and an influence in their lives for a pretty big portion of it the past year or so.

I won't speak to or opine as to my thoughts on the other adults in these boys lives and their choices as I don't know them and they are considered victims here at Websleuths. I will only say it seems Cash and his brother had a lot of strife in their little lives and that makes me sad for them both. Hoping brother C has a smoother ride from here on out.
She sold all this to the Daily Mail Sitting on my hands big time because I don't know how much we are allowed to comment but I don't believe her account of their Daily routines for a minute...I'll leave it at that....

You guys may have discussed this. I haven't read all the posts lately. After watching the Daily Mail video what was in his hand when he returned the second time to the crib? Was it the knife?

I knew this would be bad when I started this thread but I had no idea it would come to these levels. Brokenhearted.

She sold all this to the Daily Mail Sitting on my hands big time because I don't know how much we are allowed to comment but I don't believe her account of their Daily routines for a minute...I'll leave it at that....

I agree. But she was taking care of the twins. As a teacher, I saw a lot of disorganized families and homes. Judge the perpetrator.

<modsnip> Carter was removed from her care immediately and was given back to his mom after a day or so.

However, Sherrod’s kids were removed from the home and have not been returned. It’s also not the first time her kids have been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. But she was taking care of the twins. As a teacher, I saw a lot of disorganized families and homes. Judge the perpetrator.
Yes most definitely I don't care how mentally ill he is he is a Monster this is the most horrific crime I can imagine and I don't blame anyone but him for the murder of this beautiful child <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying DB is innocent, but something doesn't quite gel here. How many cameras were there? How safe were the kids to start with if there's a boarded-up window?

It seems, and I might be mistaken, that DB is extremely hesitant for a person who is bent on killing. He spends a great deal of time observing, and he carries the child in a way that, had the poor mite screamed, anyone could've heard him. He is almost ridiculously cautious to not wake either twin up, and when he grabs Cash, he holds him not as if he is going for a speedy get-away.

Sorry, going by what I've seen and read, and I cannot be 100% in favor of the notion that he wasn't "sent" or "guided". If Carter was "alert enough" to get up and come back, and then shift, why doesn't Cash move AT ALL until he's picked up?

IMO, Ms. Sherrod's volubility will prove problematic for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298