TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just haven't heard time specifics in a case before and it is really bothering me. From the Daily Mail article, he came back for the other child 1 hour and 45 minutes later. My mind goes to why the heck did so much time go by. I just can't.

The jogger who found Cash is owed a TREMENDOUS debt of gratitude, imho. Thank you for getting up and going on your walk or jog. YOU might possibly be responsible for the noise that alerted DB and caused him to flee and leave the twin in his crib. I am assuming it could have been police response to the jogger's call to 911. THANK YOU!

But...my heart just hurts.

I just haven't heard time specifics in a case before and it is really bothering me. From the Daily Mail article, he came back for the other child 1 hour and 45 minutes later. My mind goes to why the heck did so much time go by. I just can't.

The jogger who found Cash is owed a TREMENDOUS debt of gratitude, imho. Thank you for getting up and going on your walk or jog. YOU might possibly be responsible for the noise that alerted DB and caused him to flee and leave the twin in his crib. I am assuming it could have been police response to the jogger's call to 911. THANK YOU!

But...my heart just hurts.

His mom said he was at home, so maybe he went back home after taking Cash?

The more I try to put everything together the more confusing it all is, especially with so many contradictory stories.

I’ve watched it so many times, so hopefully I can explain it correctly. Carter gets into bed and moments later DB enters the room then waits a bit before taking cash. Then DB returns later, 1.5-2 hrs, to take Carter but for some reason he doesn’t and walks out of the room and Carter wakes up shortly after DB walks out.
I'm not sure DB entered moments after Carter settled down. I'm guessing the camera runs on motion detector rather than record a room with no movement for hours on end. So what looks like moments later could actually be hours after Carter went into the bed. Carter did, afterall, seemingly sleep through the abduction of his brother. :(

I'm not sure DB entered moments after Carter settled down. I'm guessing the camera runs on motion detector rather than record a room with no movement for hours on end. So what looks like moments later could actually be hours after Carter went into the bed. Carter did, afterall, seemingly sleep through the abduction of his brother. :(
Carter shifted, though...there was movement, and DB stopped to check on Carter. DB was extremely hesitant...he was holding his ear, he was looking around. This wasn't a grab and run...this was a long process of taking this child.

We watched the video several times, and we are a little surprised that it's said DB was "spooked" when he came back for Carter when it seemed he was listening and looking and turning TOWARDS the camera when he took Cash.

Something doesn't feel right about it. We have a camera for a disabled son, and it "pings" every time there's motion. Were the alerts turned off? If so, why? When the brother of a friend comes to visit, do you give him a house tour to make sure he knows where everyone sleeps? The video is virtually silent until Carter gets up in the morning. Before then, there's no sound...but DB keeps holding his ear.

I don't know. Many questions and the picture doesn't quite make sense yet.

Hmmm maybe, I thought Carter was still tossing and turning a bit.

Carter shifted, though...there was movement, and DB stopped to check on Carter. DB was extremely hesitant...he was holding his ear, he was looking around. This wasn't a grab and run...this was a long process of taking this child.

We watched the video several times, and we are a little surprised that it's said DB was "spooked" when he came back for Carter when it seemed he was listening and looking and turning TOWARDS the camera when he took Cash.

Something doesn't feel right about it. We have a camera for a disabled son, and it "pings" every time there's motion. Were the alerts turned off? If so, why? When the brother of a friend comes to visit, do you give him a house tour to make sure he knows where everyone sleeps? The video is virtually silent until Carter gets up in the morning. Before then, there's no sound...but DB keeps holding his ear.

I don't know. Many questions and the picture doesn't quite make sense yet.

Agreed, DB seems so hesitant when taking Cash, I mean it took forever. It’s almost like he had to be convinced. Then when he goes back for Carter he really doesn’t seem like he wants to be there. I can’t make out everything he says but when he’s still in the room but just off camera it sounds like he says “I don’t got to do it”

Right. I must not have explained what I meant very well and it's really not of importance anyway, imo.

jmo

No I get what you’re saying, I too had wondered if DB went in right after Carter returned to bed or if it was just video spliced together. I just thought it was continuous because Carter was still settling back in after DB came in.

My opinion of the video is that he’s obviously taking orders from somebody, but like someone posted above, we don’t know if that someone is “real” or not. A couple of times he looks right into the camera, as if he knows it’s there. It looks like he’s holding a phone or earbud to his left ear. He hesitates, big time, a couple of times, then awkwardly grabs cash, as though he’s about to hand him over to somebody else, and bolts. Definitely not “experienced” as chadwell, for example. Looks like the first time he’s ever picked up a sleeping baby in his life. I can’t see him carrying the kid 8 blocks like that.. and then he COMES BACK FOR THE OTHER KID IN DAYLIGHT!?? Mumbles something about “sleep” or “creep” and not having to do it... I’m more convinced now than ever before, he was set up. Not as innocent as I had initally assumed, but definitely set up.

Last edited:
I found her comment in the daily mail odd. Maybe just me. How she pointed out they were in the back bedroom because she wanted them to sleep together so they wouldn’t be alone. just strikes me odd as to me it’s natural they would share a room, being young and twins. Plus being in a home that already has a full family in it.
I don’t know if I make sense but just seemed awkward to mention that. Jmo.

I still think the person he was talking to, that was pressuring him to take the child, was probably a voice in his head. Schizophrenics can actually 'hear' the disembodied voice and sometimes answer back, as if you were hearing a phone call.

There is a possibility that he was speaking on the phone---but it seems more likely to me that he was arguing with his split personality.

Last edited:
Ok, I’m confused and may have missed something. There are interior cameras, presumably for safety concerns. Is there an alarm system? Or even those individual window/door alarms?

This is the same thing that bothers us. We have a camera for our son during the day and a baby monitor at night. Because people with ASD sometimes wander off, we have alarms on all the doors and windows even though he's never exhibited that behavior. And there is a window in that room that simply has a piece of plywood over it...

I found her comment in the daily mail odd. Maybe just me. How she pointed out they were in the back bedroom because she wanted them to sleep together so they wouldn’t be alone. just strikes me odd as to me it’s natural they would share a room, being young and twins. Plus being in a home that already has a full family in it.
I don’t know if I make sense but just seemed awkward to mention that. Jmo.

I feel like some of the comments coming from the family are being made to specifically address some of the online speculation that’s happening on social media.
People are wondering how they didn’t hear anyone come in. Why didn’t they report him missing sooner etc.

They’re using these interviews to address some of that, I think. moo

I still think the person he was talking to, that was pressuring him to take the child, was probably a voice in his head. Schizophrenics can actually 'hear' the disembodied voice and sometimes answer back, as if you were hearing a phone call.

There is a possibility that he was speaking on the phone---but it seems more likely to me that he was arguing with his split personality.

It's possible that, yes, it's a split personality or that he hears voices, but I've read that these "exchanges" tend to escalate and become more frantic. He was eerily calm, and -granted- this could play into coldbloodedness, but...WHY did he take him away and then returned hours later to look for Carter? Both children were there, and he had plenty of time to kill them both right then and there, but instead, he spent a very long time in the room, pondering what to do?

I’ve watched the video a few times. He seems intent on taking Cash specifically. He does look over at his twin, but he goes directly to Cash’s side of the bed and spends far more time looking at him. Intentional? Maybe. I would assume if he wanted a child to kidnap/abuse/murder it wouldn’t matter which twin but he may have had a reason to take Cash first.

He also seems to get close then hesitate with his hands very close to Cash. Was he debating whether to go through with his plan? Did he hear something? Was he afraid he’d wake one or both boys?

I also noticed the glare on his glasses. At first it looked like his eyes were glowing but it’s definitely a light reflection. That means the room wasn’t completely dark. Could be coming from a nightlight in the boys room, hall light or somewhere else.

At first it does appear he may be holding something to his ear but as he turns I see he’s playing with his hair. I don’t think his hand was close to his ear and I don’t think he was talking to anyone.

And for now I will consider DB’s mother a victim per TOS but I do wonder why she spoke to the media. Of course the police are going to ask her where he was, but unless she was awake and watching him sleep, there’s no way she could know if he left her house. She could assume, but that video seems pretty clear and it would be hard to not admit that was her son.

All moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member