TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting Him Cool his Heels?
@payitforward3000
Seems w the vid, a homicide case is quite strong, but personally I'm not surprised that homicide has not been charged yet. Once that happens, the clock for defendant's right to speedy trial starts ticking.
Kidnapping charge & burglary of hab.. w $ 1,500,000 bond will keep DB in jail, while LE continues investigation, gathering evd & info for homicide chg.

DB will be going nowhere in the meantime. my2ct.
IIrc they are waiting on forensics evidence test to come back.

Again my 2 cents we are all convinced of his quilt , because he is on camera taking cash out of bed , we don't know if there is DNA on the murder weapon we don't know he for sure wasn't asked to do this its pretty circumstantial, and if the whole dynamic wasn't so weird, I wouldn't have pause but there is so much weirdness with this one I'm just gonna sit on my hands but the contradictory statements are causing me to want to dig deeper wonder if the detective feels the same since he hasn't been charged?

The knife and bloody tissue that were recovered per court documents is also a source of confusion. At first, I thought the knife and tissue were found at Sherrod's house on Florina, but other articles are written in a way that it seems the knife and tissue were found during the search at Brown's house on Bayberry. Since DB is believed to have returned to Sherrod's house per the video, he could have left the knife and tissue there on the return visit.

Dallas Police Recover What Could Be The Weapon Used To Kill 4-Year-Old Cash Gernon

"... has already been charged with kidnapping and burglary at the home eight blocks away on Florina Parkway where the child was sleeping.

That’s where detectives located “…a tissue paper in a bathroom that had blood drops on it. A small pocket knife was also located and seized." ..."

Police recover suspected weapon used in murder of four-year-old Cash Gernon

"... Now investigators are working to build a case against Mr Brown that included searching his home eight blocks away from the child’s house, which was where Cash was last seen alive.

At the home, investigators found “a tissue paper in a bathroom that had blood drops on it. A small pocket knife was also located and seized,” CBS 11 News reports. ..."

Cash Gernon: Slain toddler's father Trevor was a 'good dad' but fled home after getting into legal troubles

I am re-reading all these articles and I continue to be confused about Ms. Sherrod's statements. Trevor Gernon was, per one statement, "a good dad" and "this was a mishap" (his leaving the kids) and on the other hand "he is a coward".

Was he her boyfriend, or her ex-boyfriend. Why did he move in with the kids? If the kids were staying with her on and off BEFORE February 14th, where did they live when they were not staying with her? Why has she also made statements about the biological mother not making contact for Christmas?

The living arrangements seem part of the problem. I don't know what to believe about all these statements. Yes, you can argue she is a good person doing the best she can for kids who are not her own, but on the other hand, she must also know how stretched-to-the-limits her resources are.

A lot of the articles, as happens more often than not in these days of churn-and-burn news outlets, are poorly written and create more confusion.

Wouldn't someone, by now, file a missing person's report on Trevor Gernon? He hasn't surfaced in spite of the obvious front-page quality of his son's murder. You'd think he'd break cover? Could it be that something sinister has happened to him?

JMO. I am not passing judgment, just curious as to why there's absolutely no hint of this guy anywhere.

Again my 2 cents we are all convinced of his quilt , because he is on camera taking cash out of bed , we don't know if there is DNA on the murder weapon we don't know he for sure wasn't asked to do this its pretty circumstantial, and if the whole dynamic wasn't so weird, I wouldn't have pause but there is so much weirdness with this one I'm just gonna sit on my hands but the contradictory statements are causing me to want to dig deeper wonder if the detective feels the same since he hasn't been charged?

LE hasn’t released a whole lot of information, but made a point to correct misinformation in the media and corrected to ensure the public knew Monica is not the mother, like she claimed, and not the guardian which she also claimed after being called out as not the mother.

It’s odd to me that LE made that statement. Because in the grand scheme of things, does it matter? Sure it’s odd that she claimed those things when it was easy to prove not true, but is it relevant?

Nearly all information in the media is from Monica & fam.

I guess I don’t really have a point nor am I trying to get at anything, just things that seem so odd to me.

Cash Gernon: Slain toddler's father Trevor was a 'good dad' but fled home after getting into legal troubles

I am re-reading all these articles and I continue to be confused about Ms. Sherrod's statements. Trevor Gernon was, per one statement, "a good dad" and "this was a mishap" (his leaving the kids) and on the other hand "he is a coward".

Was he her boyfriend, or her ex-boyfriend. Why did he move in with the kids? If the kids were staying with her on and off BEFORE February 14th, where did they live when they were not staying with her? Why has she also made statements about the biological mother not making contact for Christmas?

The living arrangements seem part of the problem. I don't know what to believe about all these statements. Yes, you can argue she is a good person doing the best she can for kids who are not her own, but on the other hand, she must also know how stretched-to-the-limits her resources are.

A lot of the articles, as happens more often than not in these days of churn-and-burn news outlets, are poorly written and create more confusion.

Wouldn't someone, by now, file a missing person's report on Trevor Gernon? He hasn't surfaced in spite of the obvious front-page quality of his son's murder. You'd think he'd break cover? Could it be that something sinister has happened to him?

JMO. I am not passing judgment, just curious as to why there's absolutely no hint of this guy anywhere.

In my experience, it’s not uncommon for people with warrants out to abscond. They usually aren’t missing, just hiding from LE.

This case is weird, because if we believe Monica then he’s been missing since March 26. Now whether that’s the story when LE come looking or if she literally hasn’t seen him, is a completely different story.

If she really hasn’t seen him and he just abandon the kids, that’s odd. If he’s been living there and is hiding from LE, it makes more sense. If she had a criminal record including felonies, then him staying with her could be a violation of his bond. So another reason she may not be forthcoming about his whereabouts.

In my experience, it’s not uncommon for people with warrants out to abscond. They usually aren’t missing, just hiding from LE.

This case is weird, because if we believe Monica then he’s been missing since March 26. Now whether that’s the story when LE come looking or if she literally hasn’t seen him, is a completely different story.

If she really hasn’t seen him and he just abandon the kids, that’s odd. If he’s been living there and is hiding from LE, it makes more sense. If she had a criminal record including felonies, then him staying with her could be a violation of his bond. So another reason she may not be forthcoming about his whereabouts.
Still MIA after one son is murdered. No matter the warrants one would believe he would turn up by now. There must something to show verifiable proof of life. MOO

Alright, after sleeping on this and watching the video in .25 speed many times. IMO the critical issue is the WHO/WHAT/WHERE/WHY regarding the footage. Here are some important/troubling observations.

Breaking down the night footage, it begins with one of the twins getting in bed. At that point in the video, you can see what appears to be the head of the other twin across the bed. Then the video randomly cuts, you see the red flash. Again, who made this video? But right after that flash, the perp is in the room, and the head is no longer visible. It's under a blanket. The footage is edited to make things appear a certain way. Who edited the footage? Keep asking yourself this. LE didn't publish it. A tabloid "journalism" site that buys clickbait stories did. Who sold the footage? So the perp is on camera now. As some have noted, it looks like the person is on a phone and/or being instructed. That is absolutely what is happening IMO. Watch closely. Person appears to be on the phone whether holding it or using earbuds. Appears to be listening and waiting on what to be told to do next. Around 1:31 in the video there is another red flash. After that flash, the person is no longer just waiting around. He is now leaning down and removes the blanket. Again, the footage is edited. I'm not a film expert, but I have edited many videos over the last decade. At that point, it as if the person instructing him said "remove the cover". Slow the portion of the video down. It is obvious IMO that after removing the cover, the person is shocked, and jolts back, stunned at what he is looking at, puts hand to face area, surprised. Even in .25 speed, the jump back motion is quick. Looks like a genuine reaction. Then there is another break in the footage. A strange shooting-star kind of light can be seen on the floor for a moment. The person is now examining Cash and appears to be thinking about the best way to pick him up. Seems to be waiting on a car or another person, thus keeps looking to his right. Once he picks Cash up, the poor boy is limp, doesn't make a sound. His twin is moving in the bed, seeing what happened. Even if Cash was sleeping, he would've moved. JMO. I don't think he was sleeping. The footage then rolls for a moment, showing Carter moving around. I cannot help but keep repeating: why was this footage released and who edited it?

The footage is the crucial part here, because it shows DB in the house, no question - I guess that day, although the video I'm seeing is not timestamped. DB appears in the video, certainly. But that's the only certainty in the video re: DB. There is no evidence he killed Cash, especially considering he hasn't been charged with murder. We the public have a duty to question this footage, as it didn't come from LE. This part reminds me of the Elisa Lam case, in that the footage is, IMO, clearly edited to show a certain narrative, and wasn't released by official LE, and led to people concluding she was mentally ill. EVEN if this footage came from LE, I would still be questioning it, which is why I mentioned the Terry Bevers case earlier. And family talking to reporters. If LE released footage, then LE wants the public to help. If the Daily Mail releases footage, and LE doesn't comment on it, it raises infinite doubt.

DB hasn't been charged with murder because IMO he didn't commit murder. DB is clearly in the morning video and was arrested after being identified in it. But there is much more to this than the footage. IMO Cash was hurt before being picked up in that video. I don't think it is DB in that part of the video. IMO the person in the video may not have killed Cash. I think that person - with help - put Cash in the middle of the road, and then decided to involve DB after the fact, to make it appear DB did all of this. There is a reason DB hasn't been charged with murder. I want justice for Cash. I do not want a miscarriage of justice. This footage being published in the Daily Mail is disgusting and compromises the investigation. Someone made money off of this footage. For all we know the Daily Mail edited the footage to make it look a certain way. I don't know. It is edited, of that I am certain. So because it didn't come from LE, that is a major problem. JMO. Justice for Cash.

Last edited:
Still MIA after one son is murdered. No matter the warrants one would believe he would turn up by now. There must something to show verifiable proof of life. MOO
IMO, his desire to avoid prison is greater than his desire to come forward at his son's death. I am sure LE is looking for him (and I'm willing to be they eventually find him).

I haven't seen anything that connects him to Cash's murder.

jmo

Last edited:
This article is from day 1, May 15th BEFORE Darriynn Brown was arrested.

From the video in the article-

Dallas police and FBI had been there over 12 hours processing the scene & gathering evidence at time of report.

Hazmat crew was brought in to clean

~snip~
Police calling the crime "unusual," and said the crime scene extends about 200 feet back into a bike trail and includes a wooded area behind some homes.

Investigators said they do have a potential lead, and they did confirm there was a possible sighting of a person running down the street towards the wooded area just before the boy’s body was found.
~snip~

From me- that’s probably a lot of evidence to process on top of evidence from Cash’s home + the suspects home. moo

Dallas police investigating murder of 4-year-old

Alright, after sleeping on this and watching the video in .25 speed many times. IMO the critical issue is the WHO/WHAT/WHERE/WHY regarding the footage. Here are some important/troubling observations.

Breaking down the night footage, it begins with one of the twins getting in bed. At that point in the video, you can see what appears to be the head of the other twin across the bed. Then the video randomly cuts, you see the red flash. Again, who made this video? But right after that flash, the perp is in the room, and the head is no longer visible. It's under a blanket. The footage is edited to make things appear a certain way. Who edited the footage? Keep asking yourself this. LE didn't publish it. A tabloid "journalism" site that buys clickbait stories did. Who sold the footage? So the perp is on camera now. As some have noted, it looks like the person is on a phone and/or being instructed. That is absolutely what is happening IMO. Watch closely. Person appears to be on the phone whether holding it or using earbuds. Appears to be listening and waiting on what to be told to do next. Around 1:31 in the video there is another red flash. After that flash, the person is no longer just waiting around. He is now leaning down and removes the blanket. Again, the footage is edited. I'm not a film expert, but I have edited many videos over the last decade. At that point, it as if the person instructing him said "remove the cover". Slow the portion of the video down. It is obvious IMO that after removing the cover, the person is shocked, and jolts back, stunned at what he is looking at, puts hand to face area, surprised. Even in .25 speed, the jump back motion is quick. Looks like a genuine reaction. Then there is another break in the footage. A strange shooting-star kind of light can be seen on the floor for a moment. The person is now examining Cash and appears to be thinking about the best way to pick him up. Seems to be waiting on a car or another person, thus keeps looking to his right. Once he picks Cash up, the poor boy is limp, doesn't make a sound. His twin is moving in the bed, seeing what happened. Even if Cash was sleeping, he would've moved. I don't think he was sleeping. The footage then rolls for a moment, showing Carter moving around. I cannot help but keep repeating: why was this footage released and who edited it? The footage is the crucial part here, because shows DB in the house - I guess that day, although the video I'm seeing is not timestamped. We the public have a duty to question this footage, as it didn't come from LE. This part reminds me of the Elisa Lam case, in that the footage is, IMO, clearly edited to show a certain narrative, and wasn't released by official LE, and led to people concluding she was mentally ill. EVEN if this footage came from LE, I would still be questioning it, which is why I mentioned the Terry Bevers case earlier. And family talking to reporters. If LE released footage, then LE wants the public to help. If the Daily Mail releases footage, and LE doesn't comment on it, it raises infinite doubt.

DB hasn't been charged with murder because IMO he didn't commit murder. DB was arrested after being identified in that footage, as he's clearly seen in the day. But there is much more to this than the footage. IMO Cash was hurt before being picked up in that video. I don't think it is DB in that part of the video. IMO the person in the video may not have killed Cash. I think that person - with help - put Cash in the middle of the road, and then decided to involve DB after the fact, to make it appear DB did all of this. There is a reason DB hasn't been charged with murder. I want justice for Cash. I do not want a miscarriage of justice. This footage being published in the Daily Mail is disgusting and compromises the investigation. Someone made money off of this footage. For all we know the Daily Mail edited the footage to make it look a certain way. I don't know. It is edited, of that I am certain. So because it didn't come from LE, that is a major problem. JMO. Justice for Cash.
The Medical Examiner has stated that Cash died from stabbing. The witness found Cash covered with blood. He was not bloody when taken from bed. No stab wounds are visable.

When DB's hand is by his face in the video, it's easy to assume he is talking on a phone, but I can't see a phone. If someone does see one, please direct us to the time stamp. tia.

jmo

Last edited:
The Arlo baby monitoring system is sound and motion activated.

No sound? No movement? No recording of video. This means if Darriynn Brown stood perfectly still over the bed...it would stop recording. It would start again after it detected movement or sound.

How long did he actually hover over that bed before snatching poor Cash out of his bed? We don’t know.

Perhaps what looks like edited video is actually spliced together video clips.

He jumps back after pulling off the blanket in case Cash woke up. MOO

He put his hand up to his face to adjust his glasses. MOO

Link to Arlo baby monitoring system- Arlo Baby – 1080p HD Monitoring Camera & Table/Wall Stand

IMO, his desire to avoid prison is great than his desire to come forward at his son's death. I am sure LE is looking for him (and I'm willing to be they eventually find him).

I haven't seen anything that connects him to Cash's murder.

jmo
"I haven't seen anything that connects him to Cash's Murder". All the more reason to come out and make contact wit LE. Through a lawyer, or Parol officer, or verified family member, someone other than a person who is been shown to be less than forthcoming. MOO

The Medical Examiner has stated that Cash died from stabbing. The witness found Cash covered with blood. He was not bloody when taken from bed. No stab wounds are visable.

When DB's hand is by his face in the video, it's easy to assume he is talking on a phone, but I can't see a phone. If someone does see one, please direct us to the time stamp. tia.

jmo

jmo

Good point, but I don't think it is conclusive from this Daily Mail video that the boy is alive when picked up, regardless of whether the stab wounds are visible. His entire body isn't visible. It's possible the person who grabbed him was covering a wound. Far-fetched, perhaps, but a knife was found in the house, correct? I don't think the boy is sleeping. As for the phone, when the person enters the picture, he is standing in a manner I'd describe as holding a phone to an ear, or listening to something in his ear. We never hear him actually talk on the phone. IMO he was being instructed so this would fit the theory. Footage not being released by LE, combined with fact that it is clearly edited - doesn't sit right. JMO.

jmo

jmo
If Cash was already dead, as I also sort of believe, he could still have been brought to the wood and stabbed leading to a very bloody body which was eventually was left in a pool of blood in the middle of the road. If he was suffocated, let’s just say for argument sake, it would not be apparent with the multiple stab wounds.

"I haven't seen anything that connects him to Cash's Murder". All the more reason to come out and make contact wit LE. Through a lawyer, or Parol officer, or verified family member, someone other than a person who is been shown to be less than forthcoming. MOO
If he comes forward, he can be sent to prison on his warrants. I am assuming that his is reason for not coming forward, but I really don't care to debate it.

jmo

If Cash was already dead, as I also sort of believe, he could still have been brought to the wood and stabbed leading to a very bloody body which was eventually was left in a pool of blood in the middle of the road. If he was suffocated, let’s just say for argument sake, it would not be apparent with the multiple stab wounds.
The Medical Examiner has state he DIED from stabbing.

That seems clear to me.

jmo

If he comes forward, he can be sent to prison on his warrants. I am assuming that his is reason for not coming forward, but I really don't care to debate it.

jmo
If he doesn't come forward for said reasons that only makes it worse,and can add to his mounting charges,and worries. One can run,but they can only hide for so long. Especially in a case like this. Unless they are no longer alive. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1