TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the bio dad has maybe been “missing” longer than we are hearing. I’m not buying everything being said so far. The “other mom” has really contradicted herself multiple times. Also we don’t know when the pics of the kids were taken or even if she took them. It’s weird like maybe they were taken on that first day they stayed with her but not anytime recently....

TG and MS had apparently dated for approx a year prior to TG and the boys moving in with her in February of this year. One month later TG disappears leaving the two boys there.

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

Sherrod said Cash and Carter had been living with her fulltime since Valentine's Day, February 14, after Gernon, a construction worker, moved in with her. She continued to look after the twins after he suddenly took off.

The former couple had known each other for two years and met in their home city of Houston, with the twins regularly staying temporarily with her before moving in full time, she added.
So Sherrod had been with the twins since they were 2? I wonder if they had ever been with and/or spoken to their bio-mom in the past 2 years?

It seems odd that bio-mom didn't know anything about Sherrod in these past 2 years.

Last edited:
So Sherrod had been with the twins since they were 2? I wonder if they had ever been with her spoken to their bio-mom in the past 2 years?

Based on the surviving twin being immediately placed with bio mom, I have to assume that Monica’s version of events isn’t completely accurate. I just can’t see CPS placing a child that was removed from a dangerous home (where his brother was murdered and father missing) with a parent that he hadn’t had contact with for an extended period of time.

I just watched the video again, with a larger, clearer view. I can't explain why he'd come back to just rub the other's twin's face and leave, but on his first visit he stays on the left side of the bed/crib contraption. He literally stands there staring and observing Cash sleeping. He even notices the other twin stir, and jerks to the right to make sure he didn't wake the other twin up. This suggests to me that he wasn't there to grab a random twin on the first trip, he intended to grab a specific one. Then he lifts a blanket, sheet, or something off of Cash, before yanking him up. So, like so many other questions I have about this case, I'm now wondering what was the fixation the perp had with one, specific twin.

Last edited:
C & C in MisPers Rpt to Dallas PD?

Earlier I posted that lack of Dallas PD 's confirmation re ^ on dpdbeat.com puzzles me, and I could not think of a good reason why.

Came up w another thought. Cash & Carter may have been reported missing to a different PD, say, Houston (or area), a city where they (and C & C's Father) formerly lived, per another article .
May/may not ultimately be relevant, but scratching my head about this, but want to stay w'in ToS.

Eta. Thank you to @lasttemplar2005 for this article.
* Murdered tot Cash Gernon's family blasts dad's girlfriend May 20, NY Post

Alpine, good to see you!

Please can you set us straight.

When does a missing person enter into the Namus database? Who enters this info?

Am I the only who thinks it looks like it could be two different abductors. The one where Cash is taken looks like he's wearing glasses?

I'm a bit behind, but IMO it is two different people. I am appalled that this video was released - no matter the reason. But who released it or who sold it? Why hasn't LE issued a statement about the video? It's a serious issue. IMO the camera is there for a reason and DB is shown on the camera during the day for a reason. I'm concerned by the fact that DB's mother was unable to speak with her son after his arrest. Hypothetically, were it someone other than DB in the night footage, and then that person told DB to stop by the house in the morning to do a favor, check on the twins, steal something, whatever - knowing that DB would be visible on camera, it would be a perfect way to say "look, this person is here when he is not supposed to be". And could explain why DB had a seemingly unconcerned demeanor, talking about "sleeping" or "creeping". Just hypothesizing. Has LE confirmed that DB is the person in the video at night? Seems LE hasn't addressed that. Obviously he's there during the day. Has LE conclusively said "DB killed Cash" or "DB is the one in the video who took Cash from the bed that night" - or just that he was involved? The video wasn't released by LE. MS identified DB looking at the footage. People are speculating DB is a delusional murderer, talking to himself. That doesn't seem right IMO. Especially given that his mom was furious that she couldn't speak to her son. Innocent until proven guilty. I do not think that is DB in the night portion of the video. There are parallels to the Missy Bevers case, family talking to the media. Footage leading to speculation. Except this footage wasn't released by LE, raising even more questions. It's not right.

Apologies, again I'm catching up. I see DB was charged with kidnapping, thus we are to assume it's DB on camera, but since the footage isn't from LE, it seems unfair to take as totally legitimate. Without confirmation from LE, we have no idea if the footage was edited, who it was edited by, how long the cameras recorded for, what else they captured, and so on. For all we know, the footage is fake. Of course I do not believe it's fake, but the fact that it didn't come from LE is odd. JMO. Justice for Cash.

Last edited:
I'm a bit behind, but IMO it is two different people. I am appalled that this video was released - no matter the reason. But who released it or who sold it? Why hasn't LE issued a statement about the video? It's a serious issue. IMO the camera is there for a reason and DB is shown on the camera during the day for a reason. I'm concerned by the fact that DB's mother was unable to speak with her son after his arrest. Hypothetically, were it someone other than DB in the night footage, and then that person told DB to stop by the house in the morning to do a favor, check on the twins, steal something, whatever - knowing that DB would be visible on camera, it would be a perfect way to say "look, this person is here when he is not supposed to be". And could explain why DB had a seemingly unconcerned demeanor, talking about "sleeping" or "creeping". Just hypothesizing. Has LE confirmed that DB is the person in the video at night? Seems LE hasn't addressed that. Obviously he's there during the day. Has LE conclusively said "DB killed Cash" or "DB is the one in the video who took Cash from the bed that night" - or just that he was involved? The video wasn't released by LE. MS identified DB looking at the footage. People are speculating DB is a delusional murderer, talking to himself. That doesn't seem right IMO. Especially given that his mom was furious that she couldn't speak to her son. Innocent until proven guilty. I do not think that is DB in the night portion of the video. There are parallels to the Missy Bevers case, family talking to the media. Footage leading to speculation. Except this footage wasn't released by LE, raising even more questions. It's not right.

Apologies, again I'm catching up. I see DB was charged with kidnapping, thus we are to assume it's DB on camera, but since the footage isn't from LE, it's just different. What are we supposed to think? Without confirmation from LE, we have no idea who edited the footage, how long the cameras recorded for, what else they captured, and so on. Justice for Cash.
I am totally confused with this case.

Alpine, good to see you!
Please can you set us straight. When does a missing person enter into the Namus database? Who enters this info?
@Seni Good to be here and to see you too.:) I'm flattered that you think I know this.

Off the top of my head, when LE receives a MisPers report and it remains unsolved for a given amt of time (decided by the individual PD/LE agency), LE notifies NAMUS, which enters info re the MisPers into NAMUS database, and (most of) it is then accessible online to the public. I believe some others can also request a MisPers be entered, not sure.
Several states passed laws to mandate that LE agencies follow specific procedures about submitting the MisPers info to NAMUS, but IDK that TX is one of those states.

So much for my memory. Maybe one of these web pages/sites will be enlightening.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
https://www.namus.gov/Content/downloads/user_guide/UserGuide-EnteringMPCases.pdf
https://www.namus.gov/content/downloads/publications/NamUsOverviewBooklet.pdf
National Missing and Unidentified Persons System - Wikipedia

I did not check NAMUS for Cash (sorry, now getting too late for me).

Poor little guy. Tragic for him, family, and others too.

So Sherrod had been with the twins since they were 2? I wonder if they had ever been with her spoken to their bio-mom in the past 2 years?
Based on the surviving twin being immediately placed with bio mom, I have to assume that Monica’s version of events isn’t completely accurate. I just can’t see CPS placing a child that was removed from a dangerous home (where his brother was murdered and father missing) with a parent that he hadn’t had contact with for an extended period of time.

That is what confuses me. If bio-mom had been in touch, then she would know the twins were living with MS, and she wouldn't be searching all over for them. So it seems complicated. JMO

So many questions!
Has bio dad been located?
Did the boys guardian know that bio mum was searching for them?
When did bio mum last see the twins?

I’m still not convinced this kid decided to steal a sleeping four year old on his own.

moo

Timing Discrepancy?
"Murdered tot Cash Gernon's family blasts dad's girlfriend" Cash Gernon’s family blasts dad’s girlfriend for trying to ‘gain financially’ Seagroves said her sister had been “desperately looking” for the twins since their father, Trevor Gernon, took them and went on the run in March.,.
@AgeofAquaruis Good catch. sbm
BioMom's sister said Father left in March.
Iirc, Monica S. said Father & twins moved in on Valentine's Day, Feb 14.

Not a huge discrepancy. Not arguing either is deliberately trying to mislead on timing.

Last edited:
Timing Discrepancy?
@AgeofAquaruis Good catch.
BioMom's sister said Father left in March.
Iirc, Monica S. said Father & twins moved in on Valentine's Day, Feb 14.

Not a huge discrepancy. Not arguing either is deliberately trying to mislead on timing.
Just put that here because lots of people are wondering why no missing persons report for the children. This makes me think my hunch may be right. LE looking for a subject of a warrant. Who are they going to go to to track the subject. Who are the most significant people( children) in a person's life and who is connected to those very important people. ( baby Mama) . MOO

Letting Him Cool his Heels?
I find it interesting that he still has not been charged with the murder. Or so it appears. Dallas County Online Jail Search
@payitforward3000
Seems w the vid, a homicide case is quite strong, but personally I'm not surprised that homicide has not been charged yet. Once that happens, the clock for defendant's right to speedy trial starts ticking.
Kidnapping charge & burglary of hab. w $ 1,500,000 bond will keep DB in jail, while LE continues investigation, gathering evd & info for homicide chg.

DB will be going nowhere in the meantime. my2ct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member