TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. For those asking why they were in a crib...it looks to me like one of the sides of the crib was taken off...it’s called a convertible crib. I’m pregnant and crib shopping now....I’m gonna get one for when this Bebe gets a little older.
It was likely comforting for them,as they shared a cramped womb to begin with. Put them in a bigger bed,and it might be scary for them. MOO

How Long? Warrant?
@cuffem bbm sbm Thanks for you post. Not clear to me about lengths of their relationship and/or BF-GF status.

"Sherrod said Cash and Carter had been living with her fulltime since Valentine's Day, February 14, after Gernon, a construction worker, moved in with her. She continued to look after the twins after he suddenly took off.
The former couple had known each other for two years and met in their home city of Houston, with the twins regularly staying temporarily with her before moving in full time, she added.
"* bbm

So they met in their home city, Houston? Monica S now lives in Dallas?
Driving distance, Dallas to Houston, 3 hr 46 min (239.3 mi) via I-45 S, or
4 hr 12 min (265.4 mi) via Hwy 6 S.

<modsnip>

The former couple had known each other for two years and met in their home city of Houston, with the twins regularly staying temporarily with her before moving in full time, she added.

Only think is we don't know its NO Reason yet , we don't know if there was a motive or not , the media coverage here is beyond awful and confusing AND the living situation is just plain weird to me, if I had 4 kids and someone left me with two more to support I would be a bit more than freaked out if that person just disappeared w no contact as reported.....its just more than odd

Odd to us. I had posted in regards to the King Hill murder in Philadelphia that's just the way it is. We here wouldn't let our kids go on a sleepover without a PI investigation. Well just about.

People wondered why baby King's biological mom sent him with older daughter's bio dad to be cared for. That man passed King to a "babysitter/student " whatever. His body still has not been found.

All I could say is do NOT try to make sense of this! It is the way it is. I've just been reading about Chase and people ditching. Yeah we'd freak out, but.........

It is what it is.

Truly it s**** for kids caught up in BS. Especially little ones that are freaking murdered.

It does not look like the perfect environment for Cash and Carter but she agreed to care for them with only a couple months knowing father. Both boys looked to be fed and healthy. She seems to be the only one to step up and care for them.
I don't think she'd only known the father a short time. My understanding is that she claims at Christmas-time they couldn't get the biological mother to FaceTime with the boys.

Well, I jumped to conclusions with respect to stored surveillance footage of the bedroom - forgot about the Arlo. We’ve always used low-tech baby monitors due to privacy/hacking concerns and save high-tech for exterior & egress points. It’s easy to forgot that you have recorded footage, IMO, if you primarily use a device for live-streaming.

Relationship, BF-GF status?
From the same MSM link:
Yes, "known each other for two years."
I saw the "two year" description and wondered about nature of the relationship during
that 2 yr period and perhaps even after he moved in w her full time.

I could (should?) have explicitly questioned that as well.
Not wanting to delve into side issues that will get thread closed or a timeout for me, so I'll :)zip lips on that point now.

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

5/19/21

Sherrod revealed Cash and Carter were the sons of her ex-boyfriend, Trevor Gernon, 31, who moved into her house on the 7500 block of Florina Parkway, in February.

She added: 'I don't know where Trevor is. I have tried reaching out but I'm getting no response.

'He left because he had a warrant. He got busted with pills that he said weren't his, before we got together.

'He was supposed to turn himself in to go to rehab. And he was scared. Because they told him he had to go to jail until a bed opens up. And that's all he could hear, jail. And I told him it's OK. But he got spooked and left.'

I find it interesting she said the dad 'got spooked and left'... the same verbiage that's been used for the second video where Carter was almost taken. I think a lot of what's been said so far has come directly from her and then has been repeated by the media.

DB was arrested for kidnapping, he is the one in the video, and likely the one responsible for Cash's death. I'd just like to know more facts about how it all went down, from law enforcement directly.

Last edited:
Relationship, BF-GF status?

Yes, "known each other for two years."
I saw the "two year" description and wondered about nature of the relationship during
that 2 yr period and perhaps even after he moved in w her full time.

I could (should?) have explicitly questioned that as well.
Not wanting to delve into side issues that will get thread closed or a timeout for me, so I'll :)zip lips on that point now.
Yes, to allll of this. I’m just sitting on my hands & staying out of TOS trouble until we officially know more. This is all so very sad.

“The mom told a local news organisation that she has no idea why the alleged kidnapper targeted her son and said she did not believe that the alleged killer knew her child."

Police recover suspected weapon used in murder of four-year-old Cash Gernon

Then this:

“The girlfriend, who said Cash’s father had been absent since March, identified the person who took Cash from his bed at 5 a.m. Saturday as Darriynn Brown, police said.”

4-year-old found dead in Dallas street: Video shows boy taken from bed

This contradiction, among others (claiming to be bio mom, then claiming to be guardian, etc) makes me hesitant to take everything as fact, I am waiting for LE to release more information.

C & C in MisPers Rpt to Dallas PD?

Earlier I posted that lack of Dallas PD 's confirmation re ^ on dpdbeat.com puzzles me, and I could not think of a good reason why.

Came up w another thought. Cash & Carter may have been reported missing to a different PD, say, Houston (or area), a city where they (and C & C's Father) formerly lived, per another article .
May/may not ultimately be relevant, but scratching my head about this, but want to stay w'in ToS.

Eta. Thank you to @lasttemplar2005 for this article.
* Murdered tot Cash Gernon's family blasts dad's girlfriend May 20, NY Post

Last edited:
I really worry about his twin. I hope and pray he is surrounded by a fantastic support system right now. I can't imagine how he must be feeling, and those feelings will get even "bigger" as he gets older.
Has anyone heard of a PO Box or something set up for him? It'd be nice to be able to send a few toys or something to brighten his day.

“The mom told a local news organisation that she has no idea why the alleged kidnapper targeted her son and said she did not believe that the alleged killer knew her child."

Police recover suspected weapon used in murder of four-year-old Cash Gernon

Then this:

“The girlfriend, who said Cash’s father had been absent since March, identified the person who took Cash from his bed at 5 a.m. Saturday as Darriynn Brown, police said.”

4-year-old found dead in Dallas street: Video shows boy taken from bed

This contradiction, among others (claiming to be bio mom, then claiming to be guardian, etc) makes me hesitant to take everything as fact, I am waiting for LE to release more information.
Loose lips sink ships. MSM getting all the talk. MOO

It does not look like the perfect environment for Cash and Carter but she agreed to care for them with only a couple months knowing father. Both boys looked to be fed and healthy. She seems to be the only one to step up and care for them.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but that's what is called a messy situation.

Of course you and I will see this as a decent human being trying to help. No doubt the lady was, but when it comes to children? Not at all blaming her. It happens allll the time. Thankfully babies don't get murdered in these situations.

I really worry about his twin. I hope and pray he is surrounded by a fantastic support system right now. I can't imagine how he must be feeling, and those feelings will get even "bigger" as he gets older.
Has anyone heard of a PO Box or something set up for him? It'd be nice to be able to send a few toys or something to brighten his day.
Thanks for bringing this up. Wonderful idea! I’d also like to send him something. This is by far one of the most disturbing case I’ve read about. I have a 5 year old so it really just kind of gutted me reading about it. Poor baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257