TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only think is we don't know its NO Reason yet , we don't know if there was a motive or not , the media coverage here is beyond awful and confusing AND the living situation is just plain weird to me, if I had 4 kids and someone left me with two more to support I would be a bit more than freaked out if that person just disappeared w no contact as reported.....its just more than odd
And like what happened to biodad? Did he go to get milk and never returned? Why didn’t his disappearance raise any alarms? Especially since he left two kiddos behind.

I realize when ducking out on warrants and legal issues they are typically nearby and laying low, but that doesn’t necessarily sound like that’s the case. It sounds more like he’s had zero contact with his kids since March 26.

MisPers?
@AgeofAquaruis snm Thanks for your post and I'm jumping off w a different line of thought.
"DPD put out the statement..." Yes, they did draft & release that stmt. Possible that a MisPers rpt was filed, and in drafting the stmt the PIO/equivalent simply overlooked it. But seems likely imo that BioMom's filing a MisPers rpt w them would have been included, if she did.
Did DPD deliberately not include it? Only reason I can think of atm is if the MisPers Rpt was filed, it was somehow 'forgotten,' lost in the shuffle. And while that's possible, I'm not suggesting that happened and not criticizing DPD. Just a possibility and I'll put away my ;)hairsplitting scissors on this point. For now. my2ct.
I've been assuming that bio-mom and grandma have been looking for the twins, not through official or LE channels, but on their own. Speculation.

jmo

Bite Marks?
4-year-old found dead in Dallas street: Video shows boy taken from bed
****I had to search for this because no one else has mentioned it, but Cash had bite marks on his face???!!!! Has this been confirmed and was it by an animal or DB??!!!****
Lila Gilbert, 18, told the paper that she walked down the road to the crime scene and saw the child. At one point, the blanket covering him fell off and she saw blood and what appeared to be bite marks on his face.
@Curious21 bbm Good question. I've looked for confirmation but have not found it, but I could have missed it.
Any medical personnel there on scene who could have confirmed marks as bite marks or the source of bite marks? Ant bites possibly? IDK if we'll see anything before release of autopsy report.

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

5/19/21

Sherrod revealed Cash and Carter were the sons of her ex-boyfriend, Trevor Gernon, 31, who moved into her house on the 7500 block of Florina Parkway, in February.

[..]

The twins' father, Trevor Gernon (pictured with Cash and Carter) 31, had custody of the boys and moved in with Sherrod in February. He fled in March after learning there was a warrant out for his arrest and has not been heard from since, Sherrod said

[..]

She added: 'I don't know where Trevor is. I have tried reaching out but I'm getting no response.

'He left because he had a warrant. He got busted with pills that he said weren't his, before we got together.

'He was supposed to turn himself in to go to rehab. And he was scared. Because they told him he had to go to jail until a bed opens up. And that's all he could hear, jail. And I told him it's OK. But he got spooked and left.'

Bite Marks?
@Curious21 bbm Good question. I've looked for confirmation but have not found it, but I could have missed it.
Any medical personnel there on scene who could have confirmed marks as bite marks or the source of bite marks? Ant bites possibly? IDK if we'll see anything before release of autopsy report.
I first thought of aggressive human bite marks that can happen with violent assaults and rapes. But the ant bites on the feet were mentioned so that makes sense and would be more preferred, post mortem of course.
Poor Cash!

Inside the bedroom where four-year-old Cash Gernon was snatched from his bed | Daily Mail Online

5/19/21

Sherrod revealed Cash and Carter were the sons of her ex-boyfriend, Trevor Gernon, 31, who moved into her house on the 7500 block of Florina Parkway, in February.

[..]

The twins' father, Trevor Gernon (pictured with Cash and Carter) 31, had custody of the boys and moved in with Sherrod in February. He fled in March after learning there was a warrant out for his arrest and has not been heard from since, Sherrod said

[..]

She added: 'I don't know where Trevor is. I have tried reaching out but I'm getting no response.

'He left because he had a warrant. He got busted with pills that he said weren't his, before we got together.

'He was supposed to turn himself in to go to rehab. And he was scared. Because they told him he had to go to jail until a bed opens up. And that's all he could hear, jail. And I told him it's OK. But he got spooked and left.'
Hmmm. So in a case like this who is LE going to contact first? To find such a subject? Who is the closest blood relation,and who are they connected to biologically? "Search on for an extended time.' count down on from that point in time. MOO

It does not look like the perfect environment for Cash and Carter but she agreed to care for them with only a couple months knowing father. Both boys looked to be fed and healthy. She seems to be the only one to step up and care for them.

It does not look like the perfect environment for Cash and Carter but she agreed to care for them with only a couple months knowing father. Both boys looked to be fed and healthy. She seems to be the only one to step up and care for them.

TG and MS had apparently dated for approx a year prior to TG and the boys moving in with her in February of this year. One month later TG disappears leaving the two boys there.

Sherrod said Cash and Carter had been living with her fulltime since Valentine's Day, February 14, after Gernon, a construction worker, moved in with her. She continued to look after the twins after he suddenly took off.

The former couple had known each other for two years and met in their home city of Houston, with the twins regularly staying temporarily with her before moving in full time, she added.

How Long? Warrant?
It does not look like the perfect environment for Cash and Carter but she agreed to care for them with only a couple months knowing father....
@cuffem bbm sbm Thanks for you post. Not clear to me about lengths of their relationship and/or BF-GF status.

"Sherrod said Cash and Carter had been living with her fulltime since Valentine's Day, February 14, after Gernon, a construction worker, moved in with her. She continued to look after the twins after he suddenly took off.
The former couple had known each other for two years and met in their home city of Houston, with the twins regularly staying temporarily with her before moving in full time, she added.
"* bbm

So they met in their home city, Houston? Monica S now lives in Dallas?
Driving distance, Dallas to Houston, 3 hr 46 min (239.3 mi) via I-45 S, or
4 hr 12 min (265.4 mi) via Hwy 6 S.

<modsnip>

Sorry, but this whole thing rubs me wrong. I am assuming that even if the father had custody or even temporary custody that the mother's rights were not terminated, or I doubt she'd have Carter now. Which meant at a minimum she probably had visitation rights. Dad leaving the kids with a "guardian" doesn't negate that. If mom knew dad had abandoned the kids she'd probably have been able to have custody returned to her. We know that she's not unfit or they would not have returned Carter.

It's sounds like mom was denied precious last days with her child, or even just last phone conversations, etc., and that Cash was denied that as well. Infuriating.

Sorry, but this whole thing rubs me wrong. I am assuming that even if the father had custody or even temporary custody that the mother's rights were not terminated, or I doubt she'd have Carter now. Which meant at a minimum she probably had visitation rights. Dad leaving the kids with a "guardian" doesn't negate that. If mom knew dad had abandoned the kids she'd probably have been able to have custody returned to her. We know that she's not unfit or they would not have returned Carter.

It's sounds like mom was denied precious last days with her child, or even just last phone conversations, etc., and that Cash was denied that as well. Infuriating.
My point is she did not murder Cash nor have anything to do with his death and is just as much a victim and deserves the same posting rules on Websleuths.
She is most likely hurting from his death as the mother and while not the best situation she did care for them.
The focus should be on the person who committed the crime.

How Long? Warrant?
@cuffem bbm sbm Thanks for you post. Not clear to me about lengths of their relationship and/or BF-GF status.

"Sherrod said Cash and Carter had been living with her fulltime since Valentine's Day, February 14, after Gernon, a construction worker, moved in with her. She continued to look after the twins after he suddenly took off.
"* bbm

So they met in their home city, Houston? Monica S now lives in Dallas?
Driving distance, Dallas to Houston, 3 hr 46 min (239.3 mi) via I-45 S, or
4 hr 12 min (265.4 mi) via Hwy 6 S.

<modsnip>

My point is she did not murder Cash nor have anything to do with his death and is just as much a victim and deserves the same posting rules on Websleuths.
She is most likely hurting from his death as the mother and while not the best situation she did care for them.
"She seems to be the only one to step up,and care for them" While they were being kept from the bio mom,who they are now back with while her own are now removed from the home. That doesn't happen for no reason. CPS,and courts are loath to remove children from homes. I know who the perp is,and agree justice should be done concerning him,and it will be. MOO

Mod Note and Reminder:

WS is a victim friendly discussion forum. At this time there is one named POI and that is the only individual that should be sleuthed or blamed for this tragic loss of life.

Within the TOS of WS everyone else involved in this situation is a victim. They are considered victims because they are experiencing the loss of a 4 year old child and they have not been charged with any crime directly related to this loss of life.

Should LE state something different in the future, we can re-visit the guidelines for this thread.

Thank you for understanding our position and caring so passionately for the loss of Cash.

I agree. For those asking why they were in a crib...it looks to me like one of the sides of the crib was taken off...it’s called a convertible crib. I’m pregnant and crib shopping now....I’m gonna get one for when this Bebe gets a little older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257