TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Jheeze you guys. Can we just focus on the murder of 4 year old Cash?
A very young sleeping child kidnapped from his bed in the middle of the night?
By a monster.
Who viciously murdered him?
For NO reason.
Other then just evil.
Many many people are attacked by evil people. If you want to hear about survivor's stories, Google "I survived". Tv series.
An excellent series on survivor's of violent crime.

Until the forensics are finished and the investigation is given time, we are really just guessing at things at this point.
It seems like a long time has passed since this crime occurred but it has been less than a week. I am curious how the legal end of things progress with the suspect in custody. Is he allowed visitors or access to media?

It seems like a long time has passed since this crime occurred but it has been less than a week. I am curious how the legal end of things progress with the suspect in custody. Is he allowed visitors or access to media?

Nothing has updated on his court file since yesterday when another court aooointed attorney was added to his case.

He’s in the single cell area of the jail and there’s no access to tv.
Based on his last name - his visitation day was Sunday. I had been checking the jail roster and he was in an observation cell after he was booked and would not have been eligible for visitation.
He’s now in regular single cell & can have video visitation + in person visit with people he puts on his list.
More info on the visitation policy at Dallas County Jail:

Visitation – Sheriff Department

MisPers Rpt?
Could you provide the link with the details about the biomom filing a missing persons report? I haven't seen that and have been looking. Thank you!
"Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive – DPD Beat" Homicide at 7500 Saddleridge Drive
@TexLil @AgeofAquaruis

Above link to DPD Beat says:
"Meanwhile, Ms. Seagroves, with the help of her mother Ms. Connie Ward, has been conducting an extensive search for her sons for an extended amount of time."
Does not attribute that to anyone. Presumably, BioMom or her Mother?
Nothing about a MisPers report in that article, unless I've overlooked it. Of course, that info could be in a diff article.

Last edited:
PEOPLE Motive Remains Unknown in Slaying of Texas Boy Cash Gernon: 'Who Does This to a 4-Year-Old Kid?'

May 19, 2021

Texas authorities are trying to determine a motive in the killing of Cash Gernon, a 4-year-old boy who was found dead in the street just before 7 a.m. Saturday.

For those close with Cash, the shock over the boy's violent death has left them searching for answers. "Honestly, I'm confused," Kamron Mori, who considered the young boy a "brother," tells WFAA-TV. "Like why? He's 4, ya know. Like, who does this to a 4-year-old kid?"

Cash was found lying in the street with multiple unspecified wounds on Saturday morning. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

"A child was murdered through a violent act. We believe an edged weapon was used," police executive assistant chief Albert Martinez told reporters over the weekend. "Even us as police officers, we are shocked. We're very angry about what has happened to the small child."

[..]

According to an arrest affidavit obtained by WFAA-TV, Cash was sleeping in the home Saturday morning when Brown allegedly broke in and kidnapped him. Hours later Cash was found dead, just blocks from his home.

There were video surveillance cameras inside the home that allegedly filmed the kidnapping.

According to a press release on Monday, the boy's biological mother, Melinda Seagroves, had been trying to find her children since the dad allegedly took them earlier this year. Cash's twin brother has since been reunited with Seagroves, police say.

Brown remains in the Dallas County jail on a $750,000 bond, according to online jail records, which do not list an attorney who might speak on his behalf. He has not yet entered a plea.

‘I’m already cried out’: Police say sleeping child taken from crib before he was killed, left in Dallas street

May 17, 2021

A 4-year-old boy found dead in a Dallas neighborhood street over the weekend was taken from his crib as he slept early Saturday morning, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Home surveillance footage showed a man police said was Darriynn Ronnell Brown lift a sleeping child from a crib and carry him away around 5 a.m. Saturday.

[..]

The child was identified in court records as Cash Gernon. He and his twin brother were staying in the home in the 7500 block of Florina Parkway with his father’s girlfriend, Monica Sherrod, police said. The house is in the Mountain Creek area of Dallas.

The father, who police did not name, has been absent since March, police said. Cash’s biological mother and grandmother have been looking for Cash and his twin, who has been reunited with them. Their mother believed the boys were with their dad and did not know the father had left them with Sherrod, Dallas police spokeswoman Melinda Gutierrez said. Officers don’t know where the father is, Gutierrez said.

Sherrod called police shortly before 11 a.m. and said Cash was missing, the affidavit said. Sherrod told police that Brown was the man in the video, the affidavit says.

[..]

When police searched the home where Cash had been staying, they reported finding a piece of tissue paper with drops of blood on it and a small pocket knife, according to a search-warrant affidavit.

The detective watched the home surveillance video with Sherrod, who identified Brown, 18, according to the affidavit. The detective’s affidavit does not detail Brown’s relationship to Cash’s family or offer any explanation for Brown taking the boy.

Child abuse detectives found Brown at his home and took him to the law enforcement wing of the Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center for an interview before he was booked into jail. Brown remained jailed Monday in lieu of $1.5 million bail and faces charges of kidnapping and burglary. Police said they anticipate additional charges after a forensic analysis is completed.

The neighborhood, which is near Cedar Ridge Preserve, is a mix of middle-class and low-income homes. Brown’s home and Cash’s home are both within a half-mile of where his body was found.

Last edited:
This is not unique to the US. Where I live, we have good support services for mentally ill people but.... you cannot keep people locked away because of what they might do. You can offer them support but, you cannot force them to accept it.
It is a real dilemma in a world that seems to have more and more mental illness.

Ironically, "Law and Order: SVU" had an episode on that exact issue tonight.

This is not unique to the US. Where I live, we have good support services for mentally ill people but.... you cannot keep people locked away because of what they might do. You can offer them support but, you cannot force them to accept it.
It is a real dilemma in a world that seems to have more and more mental illness.
Of course! I wouldn't want people locked away. I hope it didn't come across that way. I have a Masters Degree and worked deep in the trenches of mental health for 16 years. When I started, I had 4 community homes that were for my people with mental health issues. The stays could only be 1 year, which wasn't long, but it was better than nothing. Within 5 years of me working, we had 0 community home contracts. All funding was removed. The residents kept in touch with me for years after, but most were slipping severely. Most did fairly well, while I was able to assist and give resources. I also had my finger on the pulse and could see when someone began showing signs that they needed medication adjustment or just someone to oversee their daily plans. It's kind of like cutting your lawn every 2 weeks and seeing things that need tending versus coming once a year to try to manage it. Once it's so overgrown, it is very difficult to get under control again. Once funding was removed, it went down the drain quickly. Several committed suicide. Several in jail. So, im not looking to lock anyone up, unless they are a true danger to themselves or someone else. But without support services, locked up is exactly where many will land. And not because they are inherently criminals, but because they did not have proper medication management and social services. I hope that makes sense.

Nothing has updated on his court file since yesterday when another court aooointed attorney was added to his case.

Based on his last name - his visitation day was Sunday. I had been checking the jail roster and he was in an observation cell after he was booked and would not have been eligible for visitation.
He’s now in regular single cell & can have video visitation + in person visit with people he puts on his list.

So visitors can communicate with him virtually or in person if he lists them. Are those conversations private or recorded?

Last edited by a moderator:
MisPers Rpt?

@TexLil @AgeofAquaruis

Above link to DPD Beat says:
"Meanwhile, Ms. Seagroves, with the help of her mother Ms. Connie Ward, has been conducting an extensive search for her sons for an extended amount of time."
Does not attribute that to anyone. Presumably to BioMom or her Mother?
Nothing about a MisPers report in that article, unless I've overlooked it. Of course, that info could be in a diff article.
I don't know why they don't show a mispers report. But I also don"t know why MS would not report the children as abandoned,and claim she's the mother, and try to Ka$h in on the tragedy. DPD put out the statement and now at least one child is back with Mom. Thankfully.

So visitors can communicate with him virtually or in person if he lists them. Are those conversations private or recorded?
The in-person visits are through a glass on a telephone.
Everything is recorded except phone calls with attorneys and guards can listen in live as well as long as it’s not a call with his attorney.
I forgot to mention there’s also phones the inmates can use to make calls.

I don't know why they don't show a mispers report. But I also don"t know why MS would not report the children as abandoned,and claim she's the mother, and try to Ka$h in on the tragedy. DPD put out the statement and now at least one child is back with Mom. Thankfully.
I don't think there was a missing person report because bio-mom believed the twins were with their father according to DP spokesperson.

Their mother believed the boys were with their dad and did not know the father had left them with Sherrod, Dallas police spokeswoman Melinda Gutierrez said. Officers don’t know where the father is, Gutierrez said.
^^sbm

The in-person visits are through a glass on a telephone.
Everything is recorded except phone calls with attorneys and guards can listen in live as well as long as it’s not a call with his attorney.
I forgot to mention there’s also phones the inmates can use to make calls.
I just wonder how communication from outside can change the way an inmate responds to questioning.
Can someone visit and tell him what is transpiring via investigation? That could change the way he responds on his side of things.

I just wonder how communication from outside can change the way an inmate responds to questioning.
Can someone visit and tell him what is transpiring via investigation? That could change the way he responds on his side of things.

Sure. They could tell him what’s going on.
At this point, I doubt the investigators are asking him anything else.
He was taken to DCAC - Dallas Childrens Advocacy Center for questioning after he was picked up at his home on Saturday.
This is where the Dallas Police Dept Child Abuse Unit is located as well as a district attorney that oversees cases involving crimes against children.
It would all be videoed, recorded etc.
He either cooperated and answered questions or he didn’t.
I’m sure his court-appointed attorney has told him to not discuss his case. They’ve also made it clear to the prosecutors office that he can not be questioned without an attorney present by now.

Side note- the DCAC has forensic interviewers who interview child victims of crime, abuse etc. It’s very possible Cash’s twin was taken here to be interviewed as well. moo on the last part

I don't think there was a missing person report because bio-mom believed the twins were with their father according to DP spokesperson.

I'm happy Carter is with his mother and grandmother again. But really, how many losses can someone sustain by the time they are only four years old?

<modsnip>

So these boys, by four years old, had not had contact with either parent for at least several months. Clearly Carter has now suffered an unimaginable loss of his twin, in an indescribable way, and we don't know when the full impact of this will hit him.

Then, no matter what we may think, I'm sure he is accustomed by now to MS and her four children. No matter what we may think, he may experience this as another loss, at least temporarily. Also if there were any neighbor kids with whom they played.

My heart can't hurt any more for him. I pray he has the resilience to have a happy life ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was taken to DCAC - Dallas Childrens Advocacy Center for questioning after he was picked up at his home on Saturday.
This is where the Dallas Police Dept Child Abuse Unit is located as well as a district attorney that oversees cases involving crimes against children.
I’m sure his court-appointed attorney has told him to not discuss his case. They’ve also made it clear to the prosecutors office that he can not be questioned without an attorney present by now.

Side note- the DCAC has forensic interviewers who interview child victims of crime, abuse etc. It’s very possible Cash’s twin was taken here to be interviewed as well. moo on the last part

This is really clarifying....thank you.

Thank you for the information. I feel badly for the twin who has to go through this all.

seriously need help on how to delete redundant posts. I can't figure it out!
You only have about 59 1/2 minutes to use the "edit" function including deleting a post which requires removing the posted text inside the text box and replacing it with "dbm" (i.e., delete by me), save the edit, and you're done!

What is derp Derp?
This to me is very confusing.
My son uses 'Derp Derp' a lot when talking about his bosses. He works for the government. lol

According to Oxford, derp is a mass noun meaning "foolishness or stupidity" or an exclamation "used as a substitute for speech regarded as meaningless or stupid, or to comment on a foolish or stupid action."

I'm happy Carter is with his mother and grandmother again. But really, how many losses can someone sustain by the time they are only four years old?

In this day and age, I can't understand why the mother didn't keep in touch with her boys while she believed they were with their father. If she had called or Facetimed or anything, she would have known sooner that they weren't actually with the father at all.

So these boys, by four years old, had not had contact with either parent for at least several months. Clearly Carter has now suffered an unimaginable loss of his twin, in an indescribable way, and we don't know when the full impact of this will hit him.

Then, no matter what we may think, I'm sure he is accustomed by now to MS and her four children. No matter what we may think, he may experience this as another loss, at least temporarily. Also if there were any neighbor kids with whom they played.

My heart can't hurt any more for him. I pray he has the resilience to have a happy life ahead.
Yes, my heart really goes out to little Carter. ❤️

So much loss and devastation in his short life already. It is heartbreaking. I really hope and pray that he gets some real love and support right now. I am hoping his grandmother can really connect with him and love him deeply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantum-Dark