GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So that he can be abused by them in prison? Nope I would sing like a canary!

He doesn't care about his family BTW.

I don't personally know Arochi so I can't say whether he cares about his family or not, but that's just me..

I think the above posters comment about this not seeming planned is correct is why I don't think AB is really involved and defense is just throwing all kinds of random crap out there to see if the jury will be like "oh my!"

I just am amazed that the reporters didn't think this was stuff to tweet???? What else is said we don't see????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything else but a few short Tweets, LOL.
HOURS of testimony. The reporters are picking talking points IMO. I appreciate it since it's all we have but I would not want to run a newspaper based primarily on Tweets. I had hoped for follow-up stories.

I don't personally know Arochi so I can't say whether he cares about his family or not, but that's just me..

I know.

Personally, since I do care about my family I would open up my fat mouth and tell what I know and not put them through this.

But that's just me.

b3143413e310f5d88d0f609a29157f9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gigglingtoes, could you also link a photo of the rest of this article, please? (see AROCHI, page 6A)

I can't find it online. Thanks.

yikes. Well if the Aryan Bro is involved somehow that could explain why EA would rather take the rap rather than get his family killed off or something.
Moo

..................obviously, EA would not be in any way involved with the AB......... He should be scared.....very scared of them in prison, from the documentaries and other tidbits of information I've seen about the gang.

Also, (not in any way referring to you, Gigglingtoes. Thank you for sharing, actually.) those quotes just look like they could have been randomly placed together with no regard for context. All could be true, in context, IMO.... but unrelated to this crime.

JMO

I can't believe this trial is actually taking place!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!

I know.

Personally, since I do care about my family I would open up my fat mouth and tell what I know and not put them through this.

But that's just me.

exactly. WE know what we think we'd do in situations but we can't really say what ANY of these people would do or have done. I know I wouldn't have had my live in significant other go missing for four days without showing any concern, I also know I wouldn't have dated a slimy drug dealer, and I know I wouldn't lie to the cops. But who knows about these people?!?
Again moo.

Thinking about Hunter taking the 5th...is it allowable by law to answer some questions and take the 5th on others? Could he have testified about his interaction with Christina that evening and the days following and then plead the 5th on other questions? I think he was already been sentenced in his drug case so there shouldn't be anything he could say that would lengthen his sentence, right?

What do others think as to why he chose not to testify?

Thinking about Hunter taking the 5th...is it allowable by law to answer some questions and take the 5th on others? Could he have testified about his interaction with Christina that evening and the days following and then plead the 5th on other questions? I think he was already been sentenced in his drug case so there shouldn't be anything he could say that would lengthen his sentence, right?

yes. And I believe they even said that he could have had had the right to refuse to answer any drug related questions but he still pled the 5th to all. I'd have to look back at all the tweets but I remember reading that.

oh and IMO of course him testifying could have gotten him into more trouble with his drug dealing law breaking but in addition j think he is involved in Christina's disappearance even if remotely. I have always felt that way.
Moo

Is it quite common that victim's parents who are also witnesses are not allowed in the courtroom prior to their testimony? I understand the reasoning and the law about not hearing prior testimony but my heart hurt for Christina's parents being made to leave and not allowed in and the lawyer and judge disagreed on interpreting the law.

Gigglingtoes, could you also link a photo of the rest of this article, please? (see AROCHI, page 6A)

I can't find it online. Thanks.

I have no problem linking a photo of the physical article but online its no there when i looked. I will do that in the am

IMO he chose to assert his 5th amendment rights because of the potential for self-incrimination in his drug-related history.

The fact he had been convicted on one drug charge already doesn't insulate him from other potential charges. Also, it's clear that the defense would have centered much if not all of their questions to him on drug-related issues. Their opening statement showed their intent, which is to focus on his unrelated drug dealings to try to draw the jury's attention away from EA and what he did. And between all the angles the defense wanted to use, and the complexity in the possibilities for drug violations (with different charges for using, for dealing, for working with others, for different drugs, and so on), I can't imagine any way for him to navigate such a minefield without getting blown up somehow.

So without some sort of blanket immunity (which this judge did not have the authority to offer), he would have been foolish to take the stand.

Was there more to it than that? Personally I don't think so, but only he would know for sure.

Is it quite common that victim's parents who are also witnesses are not allowed in the courtroom prior to their testimony? I understand the reasoning and the law about not hearing prior testimony but my heart hurt for Christina's parents being made to leave and not allowed in and the lawyer and judge disagreed on interpreting the law.

Judge said they had been disrespectful and disruptive in prior hearings iirc. JMHO if so he didnt want that to happen in the trial.

Judge said they had been disrespectful and disruptive in prior hearings iirc. JMHO if so he didnt want that to happen in the trial.

Without wishing to pass any judgement on the family and their actions as I have no clue how I would act in their situation they have been vocal throughout and we've had the various pickets so I can understand the judge wanting to make sure that there are no disruptions in the court itself.

Tbh I think a slammed door is a pretty minor reaction and I don't blame them for a second

JMO

Without wishing to pass any judgement on the family and their actions as I have no clue how I would act in their situation they have been vocal throughout and we've had the various pickets so I can understand the judge wanting to make sure that there are no disruptions in the court itself.

Tbh I think a slammed door is a pretty minor reaction and I don't blame them for a second

JMO

Agree. I would be beyond upset. They have waited so long for this.

Christina Morris Kidnapping Trial Enters 2nd Week
September 12, 2016 5:45 AM By Jennifer Lindgren

MCKINNEY (CBSDFW.COM) – The second week of the Christina Morris kidnapping trial begins Monday, but it will likely be a shorter day than usual at the Collin County Courthouse in McKinney. One of the jurors has an important appointment in the afternoon, cutting Monday’s courtroom proceedings a bit short.

[...]

Last week in the trial, the jury heard from a range of witnesses including one of the victim’s ex-boyfriends, a technology expert and employees from The Shops at Legacy. The defense has pointed toward other people who could be held responsible for the disappearance of Morris such as boyfriend Hunter Foster. He invoked the Fifth Amendment and will not testify.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/09/12/...-week/?utm_source=TweetDal&utm_medium=twitter

Many thanks to those that are able to post tweets. :cupcake:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member