GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jobin PanickerVerified account ‏@jobinpnews 1m1 minute ago
Judge hopes this all takes 5 to 10 minutes. Then jury will move back up to courtroom. #ArochiTrial

It will be interesting to see how they bring EA down to the loading dock and where he'll be in regards to the jury.

Natalie Solis ‏@Fox4Natalie 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Judge wants assurance from state that there will be a trunk mat in the car before he decides what day to show it @FOX4 #ArochiTrial

**will have to be very same kind/style mat too JMHO

Jobin PanickerVerified account ‏@jobinpnews 2m2 minutes ago
Defense wants to make sure the vehicle is completely intact before it is presented to jury #ArochiTrial

He should plan this for Friday. Gives them a day to work out these details and find a mat.

Jobin PanickerVerified account ‏@jobinpnews 48s49 seconds ago
Judge stresses he wants "the trunk to look like a trunk" #ArochiTrial

**defense will argue that does not look same again. I thought Judge had ruled this a.m. but LP also said in a tweet that he didnt remb a ruling. so guess not. JMHO

[video=twitter;776192463543218176]https://twitter.com/jobinpnews/status/776192463543218176[/video]

Jobin PanickerVerified account ‏@jobinpnews 2m2 minutes ago
Judge wants this is in the hands of the jury by Tuesday. Judge has another commitment later in the week. #ArochiTrial

I was planning to go back Tuesday!!

Sorry CiNY, but I don't feel as though EA cares about much other than getting caught. He has gf yet is trying to woo another at the party? I see him as egocentric and uncaring of others, IMO.

I disagree respectfully. I think he's getting slapped in the face with reminders of the life he no longer has. His friends testifying yesterday, the girlfriend today...Again I'm from the area and know some of these people and most did not see EA as uncaring and egocentric. Now, I'm not saying he's not lying , cheating, conniving and selfish now but I still don't believe he's a sociopath. That's almost an excuse. He's a capable human being who very well may have taken someone's life because he was only thinking of himself at that point in time. IMHO

Well, who knew? "Witch bottles" are totally a thing.

"A witch bottle is a bottle that is filled with various ingredients such as urine, nails, pins, needles, broken glass, hair clippings, fingernail clippings, blood, herbs, stones, etc., which is often buried on a person's property in the belief that such will ward off evil and protect the owner from witchcraft.

In modern times, a witch bottle has also come to mean any spell involving ingredients sealed up in a bottles. Such spells are performed today by practitioners of various magical traditions."

Well I'll just note here that Mexican witchcraft is called Brujeria and not Hechizo - all that is is spanish for "magic word." There are any number of ways to be into it just like "witchcraft" can mean any number of things in the U.S. He could have bought the spell from a fortune teller, received it as a gift, or made it himself based on an ïnnocent"superstition the way you hang wreaths on your doors. Or he could be a card-carrying devil-worshipper that felt compelled to sacrifice Christina in the midst of a drug and alcohol-infused psychotic break and the oil jar is a protection spell.They really could have found a local practitioner to weigh in pretty easily, because it could be significant, but we'll never know because the detective didn't even bother to read a book about it in the last 2 years.

It really bothers me that they brought it in, dramatically opened it...and then had nothing. What was the point?

It really bothers me that they brought it in, dramatically opened it...and then had nothing. What was the point?

Perhaps to show his state of mind as being unstable or abnormal, or to make a case for a possible motive - they just seem so totally ignorant of it it is almost not believable - they HAD to have talked to an expert at some point and done more than just Google it...right?

Perhaps to show his state of mind as being unstable or abnormal, or to make a case for a possible motive - they just seem so totally ignorant of it it is almost not believable - they HAD to have talked to an expert at some point and done more than just Google it...right?

One would think they would. But even then...it's just a spell, it's not proof of anything. He's eccentric like a lot of other people. Idk.

Well if they did talk to an expert, the expert would probably say that any Joe Shmoe can look up a "spell" like that and it doesn't mean they are a devil worshipper or anything. I mean seriously, even a child can check out books in the public library about witchcraft and spells. Testimony like that would not be very helpful so they probably figured to not bother and just hope they could use the witness they had.

I think it was a dumb thing to bring forward because it makes the state look like they are grasping for something. It's not like they found mutilated animal carcasses buried around his backyard or something like that which could be indicative of real creepy behavior. Certain cultures are more willing to accept things that others consider superstitious.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member