GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 51s52 seconds ago
Sasso said Arochi's friend in Anna was not home the day Arochi drove there #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Gore done, Fortenberry on redirect: Explains why tire could not have caused dent--it has to do with cowling around tire #arochitrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Defense passes witness. Prosecution says based off cell phone, toll records, do you think he went to Denton co? "No sir." #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 59s59 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Defense: "You never made any effort to get video west of Collin County?" (to see if Arochi drove there) Sasso: "No we did not." #ArochiTrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 27s27 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Pros and Def passing witness back and forth, trying to shoot down the other's cell phone point via testimony. #arochitrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 10s10 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Def: "just because it's a possibility doesn't mean it's true, correct?" Sasso: "that's correct." Witness done. Lunch break. #arochitrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 43s44 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Pros and Def passing witness back and forth, trying to shoot down the other's cell phone point via testimony. #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 52s53 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Sasso: No proof Arochi's phone was turned off Saturday night #arochitrial

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 55s56 seconds ago Manhattan, NY
Prosecutor: "Based on toll records, do you believe this car ever went into Denton County?" Sasso: "No, sir, I don’t." #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Sasso: His theories are based on cell phone and toll tower records. Passed back to Gore #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago
Prosecutor: Was Arochi's friend in Anna home on 8/31/14? Sasso: From the evidence he advised he was not home. #arochitrial

Gabriel RoxasVerified account ‏@cbs11gabriel 55s55 seconds ago McKinney, TX
Sasso steps down. Lunch break for one hour. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 58s58 seconds ago
Sasso done testifying. Judge calls for lunch break. Testimony resumes at 1:15 pm #arochitrial

Sasso done. Lunch break #arochitrial

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Def: "just because it's a possibility doesn't mean it's true, correct?" Sasso: "that's correct." Witness done. Lunch break. #arochitrial

Gabriel RoxasVerified account ‏@cbs11gabriel 1m1 minute ago McKinney, TX
Judge: I could make an editorial comment that I think demonstration hurts prosecution more than defense #arochitrial

Minor4th, Quailfoot, SteveS - any speculation or analysis on this point?

I'm way behind the conversation ...but my thought on seeing his comment, before you even asked, was that I think he's probably right.

As an aside, at my core I'm more for "truth and justice" than anything else. So from my own attitude towards what justice should be, I know that if the jury sees the trunk, they are getting the unvarnished truth of the situation, no matter where that leaves them. On that basis, I have no problem with the decision to show them the truth of the size of the trunk.

But as a strategic choice, I do agree that the prosecution may be going too far. Here's why. It is my belief that the prosecution's probable purpose is to assure the jury that CM can fit into the trunk. However, I think they run the risk that the jury has already assumed that to be the case (she was in there, per the DNA, so it must be big enough, right?) and now might second guess their own assumption (iow, the state is continuing to present arguments for a sale already made, and in so doing may talk the customer out of buying). Remember the OJ Simpson case, where they put the gloves on the hands? That was pushing for a truth (whether the gloves fit today, or not) that sank the case. I'm not sure there's as much potential downside here with the Camaro viewing, but they are certainly inserting a wild card into the trial, and I am not sure I see enough upside to make it worth the risk.

Of course, they may have some grand plan that I don't see, with this showing. That's possible too.

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY
Sasso ruled out that Arochi's car suspension had been compromised causing dent in fender. He initially said that was possible. #ArochiTrial

User Actions
Following

L.P. Phillips
‏@lpphillips
Sasso: Did not get video to show which car Arochi filled up at the Racetrack. Could have been something other than Camaro #arochitrial[/I]

Originally Posted by Gigglingtoes View Post
Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 37s38 seconds ago
Defense says Arochi has right to participate in viewing of Camaro but on advice of counsel, he decided to skip it #arochitrial

(steve or any atty why would they say not to view?)

I'm sure EA's atty doesn't want to chance jury seeing any kind of emotion from EA once he sees car. They could take said emotion a certain way.

That ^^ or he could be shacked under table or for security reason (someone shoot ya) and only going to be a few min. JMHO probably good advise whatever reason

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 24s24 seconds ago
Crime scene analysts removed several portions of the trunk to analyze. PD recreated initial conditions for jury to see. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 7s8 seconds ago
Plastic molding, carpeting and netting are still in evidence so Sgt testified he had parts replaced for viewing #arochitrial
0 retweets 0 likes

(prob why theres plastic on window)

But I thought the molding was from the TRUNK not the Drivers window?

We know his parents were out of town that weekend. I'm assuming they used one of their cars ?
Do we know how many other family vehicles he had access to other than his Camaro?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglingtoes View Post
Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 24s24 seconds ago
Crime scene analysts removed several portions of the trunk to analyze. PD recreated initial conditions for jury to see. #ArochiTrial @NBCDFW

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 7s8 seconds ago
Plastic molding, carpeting and netting are still in evidence so Sgt testified he had parts replaced for viewing #arochitrial
0 retweets 0 likes

(prob why theres plastic on window)

Looks like the plastic wraps the vehicle over the top and doors so no one can enter it.
:tyou: Respectfully BBM Thats it, like evidence seal as the car is evidence. Thanks

We know his parents were out of town that weekend. I'm assuming they used one of their cars ?
Do we know how many other family vehicles he had access to other than his Camaro?

There was mention earlier in the trial PPD searched his brother's Mustang.

How would he know if she had it while out that night? Also I've left my case in my car but taken my camera in side before

I have also. But I think creating reasonable doubt that maybe HF met up with EA & CM and kept the camera? JMHO

JMHO So far the Def has made pretty good arguments and got several witnesses to have to backtrack and agree with the Def question or line of questions. There been 2 Det that have said she willingly left parking garage with EA (their working theories not just Def having back track) Also that they do not know which areas the car actually drove just tower pings and one witness admitted EA could have been already home during cell ping data. Still keeping open mind here. Just saying.

Didn't he text his girlfriend earlier in the day on 8/29 saying he was going to remove the black from his rims? Did he remove it?

Scott Sidway
2m2 minutes ago
Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK
Prosecution has @vlwigg twitter page open...#dallasmorningnews #arochitrial

Interesting

hmm and she is answering questions. And some WS members say they are tweeting her. So is he tweeking his questions lol getting our answers. Kinda made me giggle

Scott Sidway ‏@ScottyWK 2m2 minutes ago McKinney, TX
Sasso: familiar with where Arochi drove (work, home, Shops of Legacy, home). Cell phone data showed Sunday in Anna later

(Anna is pretty middle of nowhere and being built up..)

Those of you who have been on here with me from day one: I've mentioned Anna in my theory from the beginning. I knew he had to have gone up there.

I know, we all do! I'm just saying I'm going to stand by that. I really do hope I'm out $100 by next Wednesday. That would be one of the best possible scenarios here.

Wish you were there when/if happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member