GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 12m12 minutes ago
Jury has sent out a note. Waiting to see what it might be... #arochitrial

@vlwigg will we be able to know what the note says?

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
.@*advertiser censored* We usually do but they have not opened courtroom to put it on the record yet. #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth
18s18 seconds ago
Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg
Criwd headed into courtroom now to hear about note #arochitrial

Hi all! Casual observer and newbie to WS! I've been following for two years but definitely intently since the trial started. Aside from the state being a bit melodramatic for my taste on closing I thought both closings were decent. Guess we'll see, but I just don't think I could get to beyond a reasonable doubt. Not that I think he is innocent...he has his fingers in all of this somehow. Just not sure I can make the leap to say EA and only EA were involved in this whole mess. WWAAAYYYYY too many flags from the boyfriend whether he was directly involved or not. IMHO the entire case revolves around drugs, not sex. Anyway...glad to join you guys! Your commentary has been most helpful.

Waiting to see what this note is about is like waiting for the jar...

Is this usually how they say they are ready?

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 1m1 minute ago Manhattan, NY

Judge: Jury question: Can we get extra copies of state's 347 & 348. Also a question over whether second phone is wiped clean #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 2m2 minutes ago Manhattan, NY

Third question, about another exhibit that dealt with Arochi hand. #arochitrial

Anyone keep tabs on evidence numbers?

Thanks, GeeVee! Just anxiety.....Keep refreshing and no news yet LOL!

Judge's proposed answer: Copies are attached. Court cannot grant rereading of testimony. If still in dispute, certify. #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 56s57 seconds ago Manhattan, NY

More of proposed answer: Court reporter must go back and make a transcript. Attorneys will review. Jury will be brought back #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 33s33 seconds ago Manhattan, NY

So, the jury is getting its copies, but a transcript is a big deal. The need to certify there is disagreement over testimony #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 3m3 minutes ago

Jury requests transcript but law allows only portions in dispute to be sent - ct instructs what they can get and how #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 2m2 minutes ago

Jury wanted main timeline from state - copies made and sent back #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 1m1 minute ago

Question about testimony on Arochi's 2nd yellow cell phone being wiped requires more info from jury #arochitrial

Third question, about another exhibit that dealt with Arochi hand. #arochitrial

Judge: Jury question: Can we get extra copies of state's 347 & 348. Also a question over whether second phone is wiped clean #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 4m4 minutes ago
Everybody getting scanned by security - this is going to take a little bit #arochitrial

L.P. Phillips ‏@lpphillips 4m4 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
We are being allowed in the courtroom to learn what the jury note is about. Again, no verdict yet. #arochitrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 5m5 minutes ago
People are being let back into the courtroom. Unsure if this is a verdict or not. #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 5m5 minutes ago
Criwd headed into courtroom now to hear about note #arochitrial

Valerie Wigglesworth ‏@vlwigg 29s30 seconds ago
Question on Arochi's girlfriend's testimony about his injuries also requires more info from jury #arochitrial

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 29s29 seconds ago
Jurors had questions about evidence, about Arochi's phone being wiped clean, and about one witness' testimony. No objections. #ArochiTrial

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 6m6 minutes ago
Sheriff's deputies said jury could continue until 8 to 10 p.m. before the judge sends them home #arochitrial

Hi all! Casual observer and newbie to WS! I've been following for two years but definitely intently since the trial started. Aside from the state being a bit melodramatic for my taste on closing I thought both closings were decent. Guess we'll see, but I just don't think I could get to beyond a reasonable doubt. Not that I think he is innocent...he has his fingers in all of this somehow. Just not sure I can make the leap to say EA and only EA were involved in this whole mess. WWAAAYYYYY too many flags from the boyfriend whether he was directly involved or not. IMHO the entire case revolves around drugs, not sex. Anyway...glad to join you guys! Your commentary has been most helpful.

The jury is not being asked to convict based on EA being the only person involved, only that he was.
Her DNA was in his trunk.
He lied.
He has no alibi.
She is still missing.

Have lived this situation since day 1 as I live in the area. Have thought EA guilty from the beginning (more or less - but know her drug life style complicates a lot). The trial has not answered any questions for me and I have to agree with you. I thought the case would be a lot stronger. Feel so bad for all of her parents. Absolutely no closure no matter what the verdict b/c we still really have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member