GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure about that? You have a right to protest. They were in a public street/sidewalk. Look at protesters that show up at city hall, the whitehouse, and many other public places. No one gets arrested unless they cross the line, or get out of control.

Protesters were out in front of the Anthonys house 24/7.

that turned into a fiasco!
It does nothing to help.

PPL wanted answers
they never came!

Is there a sidewalk right before the parking garage?

idk but if there is then his "lie" would be a case of being off by a few yards. Like not remembering if their paths diverged right before they walked under the threshold of the garage or right after they walked under the threshold. I don't know that you remember details that clearly of a moment you don't know is significant till after the fact. I might mean something but in my mind it isn't damning it could be a lie or it could be a mistake in the details of memory.

Now if they are talking about a sidewalk hundreds of yards away then that is a problem in that case it is almost certainly a lie and not a confusion of details. This is why it is significant (to me what sidewalk they are talking about).

Yes in public areas ... however I am referring to a residential taxpaying neighborhood.
As I stated .. Homeowners and neighbors have legal remedies if they so choose.
For myself ..If that type of thing was happening on my street around my children or grandchildren ..I would have already called the cops at the first sight of them ..for fear things could escalate and I would not want my property damaged..plus I would see it as a disturbance in my quite neighborhood.

This is a NEIGHBORHOOD ..not a public city hall,office building or regular commercial street traffic

I was just thinking I hope that there isn't a house for sale on that street. Yikes. I can image a realtor pulling up for a showing with that going on. If I were the client I'd say thanks but no thanks because it looks like someone down the street is of questionable character. Hopefully neighbors aren't in that situation. Or run a home business like childcare. That could be scary for people in my opinion.

Protesters were out in front of the Anthonys house 24/7.

that turned into a fiasco!
It does nothing to help.

PPL wanted answers
they never came!

I'm not saying it's going to help/not help the family. My point is, it's NOT illegal. That is all.

Yes in public areas ... however I am referring to a residential taxpaying neighborhood.
As I stated .. Homeowners and neighbors have legal remedies if they so choose.
For myself ..If that type of thing was happening on my street around my children or grandchildren ..I would have already called the cops at the first sight of them ..for fear things could escalate and I would not want my property damaged..plus I would see it as a disturbance in my quite neighborhood.

This is a NEIGHBORHOOD ..not a public city hall,office building or regular commercial street traffic

From personal experience, I can tell you that as long as someone (protester, ex boyfriend, random annoying person) is on a public sidewalk or in the road not blocking traffic, there is nothing the LE can do unless that person is breaking the law somehow. From the sidewalk on out is public.

The Anthony's went to court several times to stop the protesters and spectators from gathering at their home. IIRC, it didn't do any good. The only time LE stepped in was when someone broke the law.

You're right, it's a neighborhood, but the streets and the sidewalks belong to the city. THE CITY! And good deal that you'd call the cops, but ya know what.... It's legal. The cops would tell you the same. As a matter of fact, APD drove by several times when they were out there.

Never said is is illegal... Homeowners and neighbors have civil legal remedies as well..
[modsnip].. I do not understand why you think it is right for this picketing outside a private family home in a neighborhood..what about their rights and privacy?? Now this opens them up to public ridicule and negative public opinion.
They are Victims as well..
I see NO ONE defending them.

Never said is is illegal... Homeowners and neighbors have civil legal remedies as well..
[modsnip]... I do not understand why you think it is right for this picketing outside a private family home in a neighborhood..what about their rights and privacy?? Now this opens them up to public ridicule and negative public opinion.
They are Victims as well..
I see NO ONE defending them.

There is nothing civil they can do about it either. Call the texas ACLU.

idk but if there is then his "lie" would be a case of being off by a few yards. Like not remembering if their paths diverged right before they walked under the threshold of the garage or right after they walked under the threshold. I don't know that you remember details that clearly of a moment you don't know is significant till after the fact. I might mean something but in my mind it isn't damning it could be a lie or it could be a mistake in the details of memory.

Now if they are talking about a sidewalk hundreds of yards away then that is a problem in that case it is almost certainly a lie and not a confusion of details. This is why it is significant (to me what sidewalk they are talking about).
There is a street (Legacy), then sidewalk, then parking lot (cars park south towards the sidewalk and north towards the retailers), then sidewalk, then retailers are lined up along with an entrance into the parking garage.

He could have meant either sidewalk to me. I don't believe that one would say that 'we went separate ways at the sidewalk' if you actually walked into the garage and to your cars (parked close together). When you are talking to a cop or police investigator, typically you don't just flippantly say things, IMO. If there was an error, I would more likely believe that the cop wrote the wrong thing down.

Christina Marie Morris, 23, was last seen with a friend walking to her car in a garage at The Shops at Legacy at 3:55 a.m. Aug. 30. Police said Morris and her friends met at an apartment that night, patronized local businesses and reconvened at the apartment.

Afterward, Morris was captured on surveillance video carrying a backpack in the parking garage before parting ways with the friend.

This is the second time an anonymous donor has contributed money for information that leads to an arrest and indictment in the case if it was determined a crime was committed, according to police.

“Please be aware that there have been no new developments and we are still investigating a missing person case,” officer David Tilley, a Plano police spokesman, said in a prepared statement.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/1...or-woman-missing-from.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

There is a street (Legacy), then sidewalk, then parking lot (cars park south towards the sidewalk and north towards the retailers), then sidewalk, then retailers are lined up along with an entrance into the parking garage.

He could have meant either sidewalk to me. I don't believe that one would say that 'we went separate ways at the sidewalk' if you actually walked into the garage and to your cars (parked close together). When you are talking to a cop or police investigator, typically you don't just flippantly say things, IMO. If there was an error, I would more likely believe that the cop wrote the wrong thing down.

And obviously from looking at video, they didn't split at the sidewalk. This may be how he got caught in a lie (if infact, he lied in the beginning) He may have told police they split at the sidewalk, and then when LE obtained video, it showed otherwise. Jmo

Afterward, Morris was captured on surveillance video carrying a backpack in the parking garage before parting ways with the friend

Yep! And he's offered the family no "I'm sorry for what you are going through" etc. He has not helped in one search nothing nada zip. And he hired a lawyer.

If he is not guilty he sure is making himself look really guilty right now.

JMO

I can only speak for myself, but if i was in that situation the second I got the strong suspicion that LE and/or the family suspected me I would immediately retain council. Once I know they are coming after me then i'm not going down with the ship for the sake of "doing the right thing" i'm going to protect myself, my interest, and my future the best I can. You have to understand that if he is in fact innocent, then this is about more than just a criminal case to him. Do you honestly think all the media outlets and PDs would be so careful about not officially naming him if he didn't have an attorney? We all know who he is, but so long as he is not officially named then ten years from now a company doing a background check isn't going to find out about this. The second his name gets in the papers then ten years from now a company doing a background check on him all of a sudden pulls up his name as being suspected by the family in an unsolved missing persons case.

Basically what i'm saying is once LE and to a lesser extent the family thinks you're guilty then there is no longer any risk in "looking guilty" so me personally whether or not i got a lawyer would have nothing to do with whether i was in fact guilty or not it would have to do with if I thought LE thought i was guilty.

Note: this doesn't mean I think he is not guilty I think him being guilty would be in my top 4 likely scenarios I just don't think the fact he has a lawyer really means anything one way or the other.

That's what makes this so frustrating - being able to compare it to Hannah. There was video of Hannah and JM and it was released with a plea to help identify him, and once identified his name was released. There's video of CM with EA and they (PPD) know it's EA yet "can't confirm" his name? What reason is there to withhold that info?

They released a lot of important video of HG yet we get less than 10 seconds.of CM along with initial reports that all the other cameras weren't working, then reports that the video.was "too grainy" to even be able to tell what kind of cars left the garage, then reports that ALL cameras were working and footage has been sent somewhere for enhancement.

I'm my opinion, you can't compare the two case although they are similar. I think in Hannnah's case, LE knew this was a stranger abduction and therefore needed some public help. I think PPD knew right away that CM was not taken by a stranger and are keeping things close to the vest to build the case.

Why would an attorney advise him to be silent when if he was innocent, his cooperation could clear him?

I actually don't think.EA is directly involved in CM's disappearance, but I think he does have information about who is and he's scared of retaliation from them and scared of legal repercussions for not being forthcoming with LE right away.

I think LE and CM's family know why HF didn't report her missing because they know what he was doing and/or where he was. It makes him look like a selfish jerk for not checking on her, for sure. He may have some idea of what happened but I don't think he knew at the time.

You question why none of the others are being put on blast and I think the answer to that is that EA is the only one who hasn't been forthcoming, or else they'd be putting them all on blast.

I think mostly because that's what attorneys do.

In fairness, it is sometimes difficult for the most honest and forthcoming to repeat their explanations exactly the same multiple times. If something is added or omitted from one version to another, that can be twisted to look bad.

Agree, and remember its not like he has said nothing he has apparently told them his story at least twice. When the police want to talk to you multiple times they are trying to see if they can trip you up and get your story to change. I have to to wholeheartedly disagree with the idea that he can clear himself by talking to them more. There is not a chance of that, and if you have told them everything you knew then the attorney is absolutely right to tell him not to speak to them any more AND not to speak to ANYone about this. This is standard advice any attorney would give.

Ya know young ppl do not go out of their way to say im sorry for something they didn't do.
If he says Im sorry hes guilty of something!
If he does not say im sorry hes guilty of something!

If this kid didn't do anything but walk with her to that garage hes been placed in a very bad light.
Tell us the truth!
We want her home.

LE has not said he is guilty of anything ans as I read it they last them on Surveilance parting ways!
they never named him.
So im wondering who is next ?

JMO

Non of her friends (witnesses) from that night have been named either (yet).

these kids (young adults) as I see and understand it are witness to SOMETHING...

LE did handle it. They questioned him, released him, and publicly stated he was not a POI. The same as they did with the others who were there that night and the bf who didn't notice she never came home that night (even though she texted saying she lost her house keys and needed the door left open)

If she lost her house keys perhaps she also lost her car keys. Does LE know the answer to that? I keep mine together on the same keyring......maybe she did, too.

If that is the case, then someone she knew, as opposed to a stranger, just might
have offered to drive CM home.

LE did handle it. They questioned him, released him, and publicly stated he was not a POI. The same as they did with the others who were there that night and the bf who didn't notice she never came home that night (even though she texted saying she lost her house keys and needed the door left open)
LE stated that NO ONE WAS CLEARED and that anyone they questioned might be questioned further.
I'm not sure what more LE can do and still follow due process of the law. This isn't some old movie where they are going to shove a light in the guy's face and put matchsticks under his fingernails to get him to say something else.

here's the issue for me, if there is in fact all this unreleased evidence that this guy is involved then why haven't they at least gotten a search warrant to search his car since his car was right there where she was last seen and since her car likely didn't move if he did anything to her she almost had to be in his car at some point and he clearly said she wasn't in his car then searching his car should have been a priority. I would think him being the last to be seen with her, no activity on her accounts etc., and him being supposedly caught in a lie would be enough probable cause to search his car. Search warrants are public record so we can be pretty sure this hasn't happened. To me this is where the "LE not handling it" comes from BUT like I said before i'm a pro LE guy and to it more likely states they know enough more than you or I to know its not likely to yield any useful information.

Well, well. Have been away from WS for a while, and this is fairly local to me (was at that shop about a month before she disappeared). Have watched the video many many times of her and "friend" walking to car and bam, then she's gone. Don't watch a lot of news so got caught up here - didn't even know they were picketing. I just think it's very very weird that she's gone without a trace. I think friend walking to her car knows more than what he may have let on.

He could be lying. He could not be. Here's the issue for me.. at the Shops, the sidewalks continue into the garage. When I look at the video, they weren't yet to the portion of the garages where you can actually park.

I pulled this street view from Google. I'm 95% sure the camera that captured the footage of them together is behind the SHWGROUP sign -- you can see it on the roof above/behind the caution sign. The sidewalk continues into the garage.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Shop...noid=x-5uouy0gd-eLBaMD4vNgA&cbp=12,331.5,,0,0

http://planoblog.dallasnews.com/category/plano_crime/
Morris had been visiting friends near The Shops at Legacy in Plano. She was captured on video surveillance just before 4 a.m. Aug. 30 entering a parking garage with a friend. They parted ways outside the camera’s view, police said.

There are tough questions that need to be answered directly and openly.
*Either you have something or you do not.
*Either she walked out of that garage or not
*Either she did in fact drive her own Toyota Celica out of that garage or not
*Either she willingly got into another vehicle of the alleged 3 in the garage or not
*Either someone gave her a cradle carry (as she was incapacitated)out of the garage or not
*Either she was put into a vehicle against her will or not

http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-continues-texas-woman-vanished-party/story?id=25311299
Police said Morris' bank accounts haven't been accessed and her cell phone is off. Their best leads are the drivers of three cars seen in the parking garage that same morning

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/09/05/plano-search-continues-for-missing-23-year-old/
“He goes to the right to his car. He gets in his car and he leaves,” says Officer David Tilley, a Plano Police spokesperson. “She went the other way. From there, we don’t really know what happened.”

According to Plano police, the friend that accompanied Christina into the garage was questioned multiple times and has cooperated with every request. He is not considered a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed