GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about the Dunkin Donuts. It doesn't open until 5:00 but I'll bet someone was there at 4:00... you know, it was "Time to make the donuts."

Honestly, knowing the area so well, and frequenting the shops so often, the more I think about the chances of it being completely random are becoming less and less. I know random crimes can happen and I haven't completely excluded that it could have happened, but unless someone watched her arrive and waited for her to come to her car, I don't think a stranger just happened upon her.

I literally cannot describe how safe this area feels. In fact I prefer going to the shops even though the bars are not as nice simply because it is so safe, no homeless approaching your car, well light, etc.

I really hope the cops have an idea of what is going on or what may have happened, but I'm not sure they do just because of the way the mother seems in interviews.

ETA: if it was random, I would think perhaps someone who in fact does live in the apartments.
Maybe an after hours or early morning worker? think clean up people that might be getting off same time? What are the bars there open until 2? Someone waiting for someone to get off work?
Workers may know cameras not working. Wonder how many reports of vandals to cars while people in the bar until 2?

There's a car break in someone asks about cameras ..... oh they were not working and word gets out to employees.

Someone that had been passed out in their car .... drunk? Just thinking of other possibilities.

God Bless Tim Miller....... this man is amazing!!

So lets say she was in fact supposed to stay with friends that night.... who are these friends.. do they live within walking distance of the Shops@legacy? Could she have been going to her car to get things only to walk to a close by friends house. She did not look like she had keys in her hand as if ready to get in her car and go...? If you are planning on staying at a friends house, I would think after a night out she would not carry her toiletries etc with her around the bars and party. Maybe she was planning on staying at a friends nearby because she knew she would be drinking.

Good observation here. That late at night most ladies would have their keys out. But then the backpack makes me wonder.

I would not put it past someone to be hiding in between the cars and when the see a lone female, they decide to take their chance.

jmo

I met her mom yesterday. She's a very sweet lady and very thankful for the help. They really need more manpower for these searches so if anyone is available please go help. The more, the better. Also, I just wanted to say that her mom is distraught but it holding it together very very well. She's handling it way better than my mom. Personally and I don't care if I step on any toes right now, my mom would be tearing that police station up for answers right now.. While I understand they are working hard to get answers, it's been way too long. No arrest or anymore information for looking for certain people are coming out. No suspects or POI.. Nothing. Also, my mom would go crazy on the city of Plano or the shops of legacy whoever runs the security cameras. I honestly think if you are going to have the cameras they need to be working .. That should be some type of law or something.. Why would you have this nice, safe area but no working cameras? It just pisses me off to the max. Do you realize how much easier this investigation could be if the cameras was working? How much closer they would be to finding her?

Maybe the perp has family in the area

if they don't find her soon, I think they need to start putting up billboards in other states.

Snipped

“The cameras didn’t cover the area we needed it to be,” said Anna Morris, Christina’s stepmother.
Christina Morris was reported missing Sept. 2 when she didn’t show up for work.

“I love her, and I hope she comes home,” her boyfriend, Hunter Foster, told KXAS-TV (NBC5).
Jonni McElroy, Christina’s mother, said she believes her daughter may have been kidnapped. “I’ve got a vibe it’s a stranger,” she said.

Family members said Morris was having a “girls’ night out” with friends. She had planned to spend the night with a friend who lives in a Plano apartment but decided to drive home instead."

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...-efforts-to-find-woman-last-seen-in-plano.ece

This is what i've though all along pretty much.

Good observation here. That late at night most ladies would have their keys out. But then the backpack makes me wonder.

The backpack looks like one of those cute little purses. Not really big enough, IMO, to carry extra clothes possibly shoes, toothbrush etc. She is walking at a very relaxed pace in the camera which to me suggests she was not in a rush anywhere. I just wonder if she planned to just walk to a friends apt rather than drive after the party.

I'm with you on all points, VAgirl. Especially the cameras.
At our business, the cameras are checked WEEKLY. Not only for safety, but, loss prevention and to record any damage caused to the property.
IMO it is very irresponsible to not have working cameras.

This is what i've though all along pretty much.

girls night out..... so why haven't these girls spoken up, if they were with her all night? By plano apartment does that mean its possible they live in the Shops?

. Personally and I don't care if I step on any toes right now, my mom would be tearing that police station up for answers right now.. While I understand they are working hard to get answers, it's been way too long. No arrest or anymore information for looking for certain people are coming out. No suspects or POI.. Nothing. Also, my mom would go crazy on the city of Plano or the shops of legacy whoever runs the security cameras. I honestly think if you are going to have the cameras they need to be working .. That should be some type of law or something.. Why would you have this nice, safe area but no working cameras? It just pisses me off to the max. Do you realize how much easier this investigation could be if the cameras was working? How much closer they would be to finding her?

Yeah, I am pretty much all speculated-out based on the little bit of information we have. Until something new comes out, I haven't a clue which direction seems the most viable other than general things making sense versus not making sense. I just really hope the lack of info coming out means that the police department knows where they are going with this. Otherwise, I wish they would release more surveillance video or something to generate more leads.

The backpack looks like one of those cute little purses. Not really big enough, IMO, to carry extra clothes possibly shoes, toothbrush etc. She is walking at a very relaxed pace in the camera which to me suggests she was not in a rush anywhere. I just wonder if she planned to just walk to a friends apt rather than drive after the party.

I've been thinking this too.
Maybe she was going back to her car to get something. A bag, cell phone charger?
Maybe she never planned to leave in her car.

I'm with you on all points, VAgirl. Especially the cameras.
At our business, the cameras are checked WEEKLY. Not only for safety, but, loss prevention and to record any damage caused to the property.
IMO it is very irresponsible to not have working cameras.
Sad to say the camera issue will be a BIG downfall on the Shops@ Legacy. Now everyone who once thought it was " safe"... regardless of who is responsible for CM missing, can know that someone was taken from here without a trail and that can happen to anyone now. I have walked from all the garages to my car alone and felt fine. I am used to doing this in Downtown Dallas in not good areas. One of the MAIN reasons I chose Shops is the safer aspect. Something like this only has to happen once to ruin the reputation of an area. Especially in Plano.

girls night out..... so why haven't these girls spoken up, if they were with her all night? By plano apartment does that mean its possible they live in the Shops?

My understanding is yes. They were in the apartments across Legacy - off Parkwood/across from HP (formerly EDS).

ETA: All very close and within walking distance of the garage/The Shops.

Sad to say the camera issue will be a BIG downfall on the Shops@ Legacy. Now everyone who once thought it was " safe"... regardless of who is responsible for CM missing, can know that someone was taken from here without a trail and that can happen to anyone now. I have walked from all the garages to my car alone and felt fine. I am used to doing this in Downtown Dallas in not good areas. One of the MAIN reasons I chose Shops is the safer aspect. Something like this only has to happen once to ruin the reputation of an area. Especially in Plano.

While I agree in general - I think the area is still considerably safe. Just that walking to your car in the later hours of the night will be a little more disconcerting. Always need to keep your eyes open ladies. Be aware and look around, no matter where you are.

BUT - I have to add....if it comes up that it was someone she knew, then it'll not be so bad. Because it was someone who had a plan or meant to do something vs. random.

My understanding is yes. They were in the apartments across Legacy - off Parkwood/across from HP (formerly EDS).

ETA: All very close and within walking distance of the garage/The Shops.

I know the after party she went to was in the Shops. I am referring to whomever's plano apartment she was planning on staying at for the night.

I met her mom yesterday. She's a very sweet lady and very thankful for the help. They really need more manpower for these searches so if anyone is available please go help. The more, the better. Also, I just wanted to say that her mom is distraught but it holding it together very very well. She's handling it way better than my mom. Personally and I don't care if I step on any toes right now, my mom would be tearing that police station up for answers right now.. While I understand they are working hard to get answers, it's been way too long. No arrest or anymore information for looking for certain people are coming out. No suspects or POI.. Nothing. Also, my mom would go crazy on the city of Plano or the shops of legacy whoever runs the security cameras. I honestly think if you are going to have the cameras they need to be working .. That should be some type of law or something.. Why would you have this nice, safe area but no working cameras? It just pisses me off to the max. Do you realize how much easier this investigation could be if the cameras was working? How much closer they would be to finding her?

If you feel parking garages should have working camera's, even suggesting a law, how about drones watching everyone's moves?

If you feel parking garages should have working camera's, even suggesting a law, how about drones watching everyone's moves?

It would prevent a lot of crimes, and solve a lot of others.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member