GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #22 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of you suspect security had some hand in Christina's disappearance.

This is a great point!! Security guard IS NOT EQUAL to a law enforcement officer. Security companies are supposed to run extensive background checks on their employees, which, IMO, will definitely catch someone who has convictions, but what about a crime of opportunity?

Once upon a time, and a long time ago, I worked retail management for a large clothing corporation. This company did extensive training sessions for their managers. One of the training sessions was on "risk management." In retail, "risk management" is basically shoplifting, but IMO, some of the concepts can be applied to just criminal behavior. One of the things I learned that I will never forget was this(and it is in regards to shoplifting, but I am going to try to make it a little more generalized).

In the world of shoplifters/criminals:
*20% of the population will never (shoplift)/commit crimes.
*20% of the population will always (shoplift)/commit crimes.
*60% of the population are "fence sitters" meaning that if the opportunity exists, this group is more than likely to (shoplift)/commit crimes.

Some may disagree with me, and that is fine, but this is what I was taught in regards to "risk management," and in my own life, I have seen how this can be applied to various other forms of criminal activity.

JMO :moo:

I completely agree with you! This is good info, thanks. IMO the security guards in this case had nothing to do with Christina's disappearance because our VIs have said they were cleared, plus it doesn't appear PPD is leaning in that direction.

But that doesn't negate your info. Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Is it swag? Lol
Hahaha!!! Yes that was the word I was looking for....

I think some of you suspect security had some hand in Christina's disappearance.

My post wasn't meant to suggest that I "suspect" security, but I don't think you can really rule anyone out until LE names a POI.

IMO, it is always good to just feel out, and always keep in mind, all the possibilities.

**and that concept can be applied to anyone**

Hahaha!!! Yes that was the word I was looking for....

My post wasn't meant to suggest that I "suspect" security, but I don't think you can really rule anyone out until LE names a POI.

IMO, it is always good to just feel out, and always keep in mind, all the possibilities.

**and that concept can be applied to anyone**

Well multiple posters have posted questioning the security vehicles countless times and many threads ago which is fine, I'm just wondering what hand people feel they had in Christina missing. Witnessing and not speaking? Harming her?

It's not my theory they were involved but since it's brought up multiple times I'm curious what others may think.

This is a great point!! Security guard IS NOT EQUAL to a law enforcement officer. Security companies are supposed to run extensive background checks on their employees, which, IMO, will definitely catch someone who has convictions, but what about a crime of opportunity?

Once upon a time, and a long time ago, I worked retail management for a large clothing corporation. This company did extensive training sessions for their managers. One of the training sessions was on "risk management." In retail, "risk management" is basically shoplifting, but IMO, some of the concepts can be applied to just criminal behavior. One of the things I learned that I will never forget was this(and it is in regards to shoplifting, but I am going to try to make it a little more generalized).

In the world of shoplifters/criminals:
*20% of the population will never (shoplift)/commit crimes.
*20% of the population will always (shoplift)/commit crimes.
*60% of the population are "fence sitters" meaning that if the opportunity exists, this group is more than likely to (shoplift)/commit crimes.

Some may disagree with me, and that is fine, but this is what I was taught in regards to "risk management," and in my own life, I have seen how this can be applied to various other forms of criminal activity.

Great point to bring up as well!!
Most companies also have variables to run background checks prior to employment offers.
some will only run county ,some surrounding counties,some state and some national.
some will do a 5yr check ,some 7 yr,some 10 yr ,some 20 yr
There are lots of opportunity(ies) for some guard to have gainful employment that may have been in prison 10 yrs ago in Maine ..and come to Texas and the company he works for only did a 7 yr check for Texas only.

Well multiple posters have posted questioning the security vehicles countless times and many threads ago which is fine, I'm just wondering what hand people feel they had in Christina missing. Witnessing and not speaking? Harming her?

It's not my theory they were involved but since it's brought up multiple times I'm curious what others may think.

Yes. I've seen it, too, and I don't think they were involved either.

IMO, every aspect of the limited information that is available in this case has been hashed/rehashed/repeated, etc, etc..., but IMO, in order to keep a case from going cold, that is what happens. Sometimes, even if it is just going over the same stuff all the time, at least it is discussion. IMO, if not, then there won't be anything to discuss other than rumors.

Thankfully, this case is still active. There are many other cases that are years old, and there are posters on there that are still daily going through the same facts, over and over.....that is the beauty of WS, IMO. There is always someone willing to "beat that dead horse" again, if they think it may help.

ALL JMO :cow:

Like a storage unit??

MOO!!

If the storage unit was under his or his families name you would think maybe police would know about it right? You would see the monthly payment (or annual) coming out of someone's account if you were allowed to pull their statements....which I am not sure if PPD is allowed to pull those kind of records when they haven't named him a POI or suspect?

Regarding the other two cars:

Police said Morris' bank accounts haven't been accessed and her cell phone is off. Their best leads are the drivers of three cars seen in the parking garage that same morning.

"You can't tell any of the cars apart, which is really frustrating because I feel like that could be a big lead of ours," McElroy said. "Please, if you have her, I need my daughter back. I need her back. I'm begging you."

http://crimefeed.com/2014/11/new-se....com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=CrimeFeed

The other two cars belong to mall security cops. These were the mall cops that walked around. Their vehicles were their own private vehicles. It could have been a Volkswagon or a truck or any miscellaneous vehicle. Did they get a free pass because they were mall security COPS and thus their vehicles given automatic clearance? We had a valet that worked at that very garage comment on the security situation in Henry's Parking Garage.

Hello - Hi - taking forever to get caught up here....
(BBM) Were there three security cars? The referenced article says the drivers of three cars. Everyone keeps talking about the two cars being security so who was the third one? I know a former poster here claimed the security there was a joke (paraphrasing) as he worked as a valet around there. JMO

If the storage unit was under his or his families name you would think maybe police would know about it right? You would see the monthly payment (or annual) coming out of someone's account if you were allowed to pull their statements....which I am not sure if PPD is allowed to pull those kind of records when they haven't named him a POI or suspect?

No, but PPD could come out with the statement "EA is no longer cooperating." That strong arm technique usually accomplishes compliance.

We do know exactly where they were both parked and again, there is no way he wouldn't have seen her unless he had his eyes closed. :)

This is one thing tha I cannot seem tto let go. By all accounts Christina's car is captured on video pulling in and parking, as well as definitely never moved. EA's car was very close to hers. So WHY doesn't LE know what happened? If her car is on video and his was tthat close, I'm just baffled that we don't know more. I know PPD is holding cards close to vest but it's the one thing that keeps me circling the mulberry bush. :) Maybe his car was nott as close as believed, but then that would open up how he would not have necessarily been able to see her getting to her car.

Thank you JMOM. Yes, I understand and it is an old article, but nothing was ever updated from that article and Jonni never updated in her interviews. Would it be possible to get Officer Tilley to say something about the other vehicles in print? Could Ms. Feagins ask him and do an follow-up? That would sure help put my mind at ease about the other vehicles.

BBM

I think that is an excellent suggestion!

I would like PPD to also state who is off the radar,cleared that they will never need to interview that person again.

Just in trying to look at all scenarios, I wondered if Christina got to the garage and one of the security guards offered to help her out (i.e. damsel in distress, no keys to her car and a 20 minute walk back to the apartment). JMO

The other two vehicles that left the garage? No, not to my knowledge, they were security guards for the Shops that were getting off of work. They were both questioned and cleared. I can't say for sure they didn't, but I haven't heard anything about forensics on their vehicles.

But who was the third car?

BBM

I think that is an excellent suggestion!

I would like PPD to also state who is off the radar,cleared that they will never need to interview that person again.

I would like that info too, but IMO Good Luck getting it!

EA's car.

(BBM) Were there three security cars? The referenced article says the drivers of three cars. Everyone keeps talking about the two cars being security so who was the third one? I know a former poster here claimed the security there was a joke (paraphrasing) as he worked as a valet around there. JMO

Oh! I never thought about that.... In fact, the reporter from CBS, reporting from the garage said there was only 1 security guard. It's an older interview so I'm sure I'd have rotten tomatoes :tomato: thrown at me for transcribing and posting when she stated the guard only walked one side of the SOL, but after this incident stated he would walk both sides. So, that makes it sounds as if there was only 1 security guard.

And we know by the warrant "Affiant also obtained video from Henry's Tavern parking garage which shows Arochi's Camaro entering the parking garage of Henry's Tavern on 08/29/2014 at approximately 2322, followed immediately by Morris' Toyota Celica."

:thinking: :waitasec: Thank you CatsInTheCradle! :yourock: :gthanks:

One thought I had yesterday - damage to EA's car. Have the police - and they may have to go other city departments - checked their reports? That is, someone reports a mailbox knocked down (EA may have hit it) or business owner reported some damage to sign? Might have to ask the general public to think back on that night in case they simply fixed it and didn't report it.

In addition to that, do you know if any other paint color was transferred onto his car from whatever he hit? JMOM, did PPD say anything about paint transfer or was it just "damage"? I am so tempted to start driving around key areas looking for damaged items near his house, her dad's house, and the route from SOL to Exchange exit.

Paint transfer may have been discussed in the past with CD, and if that's the case please don't send me a "dead horse", haha. It's hard to keep up with every comment posted, but I'm trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member