GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #25 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake money? I guess I missed that one.

The drug bust in Harris County found counterfeit money. The comments on the WFAA fb news were interesting and the post was from someone in Dallas. I read a lot! I'm here because I want Christina found, but want to clarify I've always loved researching and reading.

This clarification is a significant difference. Helpful that's it's clarified, but it changes lots of possibilities. Thanks.

And it has to be noted that it doesn't say it WASN'T her DNA either. With this revision, all we know is that we don't know yet whose it was, and some doors might (or might not) be open that we previously thought were shut.

If we're confused, imagine what EA and his family are thinking!

You all, read the law: it's not a warrant that is sealed, it is the affidavit that asks for the warrant.

The judge has the option to seal the affidavit requesting the search warrant for 31 days following the date of request. A second 30 day period can be requested. Then, the affidavit must become public. Read the law. The Texas Code is online.

This is beginning to look sloppy. If they don't have Morris' DNA, whatever attorney EA hires will have a better chance of getting him out, having his bail lowered, or having the charge thrown out altogether. It's beginning to look like a shakedown.

As stated before, Plano PD and the prosecutors need to be careful and do this right. Otherwise, the case will be ripe to be thrown out or overturned on appeal.

The secret vibe surrounding his arrest details is different/weird, no?
Someone said he was arraigned on Saturday morning (same day of his arrest iirc), then it came out he was arraigned Sunday morning. Why are these simple facts so hard to come by?

IMO: because it was over the weekend and Brittany Feagins was out of town. EA also changed jail sights from Plano to Collin County. The reporters covering were at EA's house?

And, here's a problem for NBC and all others similarly situated: libel, slander, and/or defamation.

They have been running this "Morris' DNA in Arochi's car" for days now. If that ends up not being the case, they've handed the EA and his family the keys to a civil suit against a whole slew of media outlets.

You guys...the news, the police, the prosecutors...everyone wants this to end in finding Christina and, if a crime has been committed, that the perpetrator(s) be brought to justice. However, because we live in the United States, the rights of the accused are taken into consideration. We don't do trial by ambush in the United States. Nor do we do trial by "I gotta hunch."

It doesn't matter what anyone personally believes about EA, HF, CM or anyone else who may or may not be involved. You cannot by law libel, slander, defame, or harass. I'm afraid that may be the direction this thing is heading.

Keep this in mind: the police have continually said publicly that they have no evidence that a crime has been committed. Until they find the evidence, cooler heads - publicly, privately, and in the media - need to prevail so that the possibility of a conviction isn't screwed up.

Well I must admit this started with me. I called Monday morning to Collin County Jail because family wanted to be at arraignment. I was told directly from the jail that he was arraigned Saturday in Plano before he was transferred. Then some reporter said Monday morning and then someone else said Sunday. So who knows. Sorry I was reporting what I was told directly from Collin County Jail. :)

IMO: because it was over the weekend and Brittany Feagins was out of town. EA also changed jail sights from Plano to Collin County. The reporters covering were at EA's house?

Well I must admit this started with me. I called Monday morning to Collin County Jail because family wanted to be at arraignment. I was told directly from the jail that he was arraigned Saturday in Plano before he was transferred. Then some reporter said Monday morning and then someone else said Sunday. So who knows. Sorry I was reporting what I was told directly from Collin County Jail. :)

Based on what I've read the past 2 days, this isn't the only confusing or conflicting information going around. So this is understandable.

If we're confused, imagine what EA and his family are thinking!

This ^^^. When I posted this last night the only reason I looked back at NBC5 website is because a family member briefly tweeted this...a screen grab of NBC 5 "correction" not text...it was quickly taken down by this family member. I cannot prove nor link this because I did not screen grab Therefore this all MOO.

And, here's a problem for NBC and all others similarly situated: libel, slander, and/or defamation.

They have been running this "Morris' DNA in Arochi's car" for days now. If that ends up not being the case, they've handed the EA and his family the keys to a civil suit against a whole slew of media outlets.

You guys...the news, the police, the prosecutors...everyone wants this to end in finding Christina and, if a crime has been committed, that the perpetrator(s) be brought to justice. However, because we live in the United States, the rights of the accused are taken into consideration. We don't do trial by ambush in the United States. Nor do we do trial by "I gotta hunch."

It doesn't matter what anyone personally believes about EA, HF, CM or anyone else who may or may not be involved. You cannot by law libel, slander, defame, or harass. I'm afraid that may be the direction this thing is heading.

Keep this in mind: the police have continually said publicly that they have no evidence that a crime has been committed. Until they find the evidence, cooler heads - publicly, privately, and in the media - need to prevail so that the possibility of a conviction isn't screwed up.

[modsnip] Please make it apparent when you are expressing your opinion or it causes a lot of confusion.

“The biggest step we need to make is finding Christina,” he said. “We’ve been able to determine who could have done it, and that her disappearance is associated with a criminal offense — those are two big things.”
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ing-fort-worth-woman-missing-since-august.ece

Been reading and playing catch up again.

What's the general consensus? Do you think Christina is still alive and in captivity somewhere or do you think that EA not only kidnapped her but killed her? (Sorry VI's)

That's certainly possible. Perhaps they discovered X, Y, or Z, which justified the arrest and also justified a search for stuff related to X, Y, or Z, but didn't want to let it yet be known to the public (by making available the AW or the SW) what they had discovered.

Maybe the warrant has info about someone disclosing info that led to the new search.

MOO!!

Slander, harassment, and defamation by whom?

Apparently there has been a crime committed because Enrique is in jail being charged with Aggravated Kidnapping and his house was searched for 13 hours.

Slander, harassment, and defamation by whom?

Apparently there has been a crime committed because Enrique is in jail being charged with Aggravated Kidnapping and his house was searched for 13 hours.

By any media outlet that ran with the story that her DNA was found in his car. NBC has now retracted after being corrected by the Plano PD, right? You can't print or report false information. That's not an opinion; that's law.

Also, just because someone is sitting in jail doesn't prove a crime has been committed. We have jury trials in Texas and America to decide whether or not a crime has been committed. Otherwise, we have a police state akin to North Korea, Cuba, and the like...right?

This seems to bother some people but...it's just one of those pesky things about our Constitution and laws.

Isn't EA in jail for aggravated kidnapping?

What about an extended stay motel? Could she be being held in one of those?

Been reading and playing catch up again.

What's the general consensus? Do you think Christina is still alive and in captivity somewhere or do you think that EA not only kidnapped her but killed her? (Sorry VI's)

Regarding PJ not representing EA and journalists being sloppy by reporting that. That is false.

That is not false. He's still not listed as EA's attorney. Go back and check again today. PJ's name isn't there.

Also, now that we know the Plano PD has told NBC, 'we didn't exactly say it was Morris' DNA in Arochi's car'...well, that makes me believe even moreso that Johnson was not at the arraignment. If he's hired as a defense attorney - and folks here are saying he's a top notch guy, death penalty "certified" and all - there is no way he would stand in front of judge, without having read the warrant and affidavit, and allowed a $1 million bail to be levied.

Again, you have to take whatever emotion you feel about the situation and look at what is actually happened. I believe if Johnson were hired, he'd have been at the arraignment, and probably would have asked for a continuance - given that he's publicly stated that he hasn't read the documents.

Why do you think that after the arrest and after the arraignment he is saying to BF, he hasn't seen these documents that a defense attorney would have seen prior to the arraignment?

The State Bar of Texas has rules for attorneys. And, there is case after case after case of appellate courts dealing with attorneys who do not vigorously defend their clients. I don't think there is any possible way an attorney of PJ's stature would sit by - in front of a judge - and not object to a $1 million without DNA evidence of an alleged victim. And, then, several days after the arrest telling reporters he hasn't read the documents related to the arrest?

Come on.

The fact is, PJ is not listed as Arochi's attorney. That remains the case today. And, if it's just a "clerical error"...you're wanting me to believe someone at Collin County can't take the 30 seconds it would take to login and type the name "Johnson, Paul" into EA's little page?

Keep this in mind: the police have continually said publicly that they have no evidence that a crime has been committed.

<mod snip>

They said loud and clear that a crime was committed, and that they have the evidence to prove it, when they arrested Arochi.

Whether they can actually prove it, remains to be seen in a trial, of course. But there's no question that an aggravated kidnapping has been committed by Arochi, in their pov, because they filed legal documents that said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member