GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #28 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it a FAMILY FRIEND that just happens to be an attorney then yes he could still be just listed as a friend...JMO
I was wondering if this person could be a family friend from their home town in mexico....anyone tried to google Lauro from their home town?
Wonder if their is a match?

Some, me, are simply wanting and waiting to see more evidence

I know of a missing persons case where the police told the family the car their child had gotten into was covered in blood. Then parents told the media the same. It wasn't true at all. The car was returned in shreds and not one ounce of DNA besides the proof she had gotten into the car. Which was never denied. Its happens as we well know. Its part of their job to get answers or to get the answers they want.

Absolutely NO disrespect to anybody!!

jmo jme
Respectfully, sorry for that family, but IMO, I don't believe that is the way Plano police operates. Also there's a mountain of evidence we know about and I am confident we would be shocked if we were privy to it all. Not trying to be snarky. JMO

Guys,sleuthing visitors at the jail is not allowed, please do not go there. You can link up the list but that's where it ends.

Also, the rule on sleuthing HF still applies. If any changes happen, please alert and we can review.

Thank you

If it a FAMILY FRIEND that just happens to be an attorney then yes he could still be just listed as a friend...JMO

Good point. That would be great if it was a family friend on visitor list acting as attorney because that way it could be recorded.

the more I think about it, I can see EA visiting with an "attorney friend" before visiting with someone from a religious order. If a member from the church came to visit, IMO, EA would rather pass up his visit. And on top of that, their aren't enough visits in his life time to confess all his lies...and that's just his lies.

I will pray that the local is the one on the list because visiting with a religious person would be the better thing to do, but...we are talking about EA here.

Where is Christina? Enough is Enough. JM is right!

IMO
1 If the DNA came from anywhere on the trunk "lid" it would have been described using the word "lid." It was not, so IMO that rules out 1-2-3.
2 The idea that it described the surface as the "edge" of something almost goes without saying, in that there is almost no way the DNA could have been found in the middle of the trunk cavity, which is a sizable cavity of air.
3 From the illustration, I'm thinking they refer to the inside where it says 4-5 in the illus. ...and clearly that is an interior area, inside the trunk, as they say repeatedly.
Where the number 4 is , is a weather strip. To seal the trunk. So even if he thought he cleaned the trunk. ( carpet, ect..) he probably only just "wiped" that seal off. It would absorb a lot... Like the cleaners he used and DNA . It has a few folds in it meaning it's not smooth piece .. Jmo

I have minimal experience with felony cases other than watching Perry Mason reruns & following the OJ case. Once I was on a jury for a child abuse case (found the guy guilty & gave him the max).. Maybe someone here knows more & can shed some light on what may happen going forward.

Will this eventually go to trial with the current charges? Do you think his attorney is holding off to see all the evidence, before maybe arranging a plea? Will prosecution hold off, waiting for CM to be found? What if she isn't found? Will EA take the stand at a hearing (I bet his attorney would hate that)?
I guess my question is, what's next??

Any thoughts?? TIA

IMO
1 If the DNA came from anywhere on the trunk "lid" it would have been described using the word "lid." It was not, so IMO that rules out 1-2-3.
2 The idea that it described the surface as the "edge" of something almost goes without saying, in that there is almost no way the DNA could have been found in the middle of the trunk cavity, which is a sizable cavity of air.
3 From the illustration, I'm thinking they refer to the inside where it says 4-5 in the illus. ...and clearly that is an interior area, inside the trunk, as they say repeatedly.
So why nothing totally inside the trunk? He cleaned too good?

Hello. :star:

Hope the majority of my fellow posters had a nice Christmas.
Jesus is the reason for the season and, for those who believe in Him, the giver of eternal life.
Considering the theme around WS is the worst kind of sin (murder and degradation), usually resulting in death,
it is important for every person to decide what or who they believe in and to live accordingly.

In 2007, a jury decided a person, LG, was not guilty of second degree murder.
It looks as if the verdict was decided in Hamilton Canada though (not in Texas).
At first, the person looked like he could be an interesting visitor.

For the record, the links to the warrant and affidavit, along with other relevant links, are posted on the first page of the thread, compliments of the hardworking Mods.

The cartel connection seems extreme imo. Doesn't mean the nightclub owner types aren't capable of breaking legs and other things though. Still, we haven't seen a direct connection between EA and those exploiters (just to HF).
I noticed the investigation at the club began in July and was in full swing for two months when Christina went missing. Had rumors started to fly a bust was imminent?
Outside of conducting stings, I don't know the full scope of DEA operations.

What if someone from the apartment met EA & CM when they got to the parking garage. A crime goes down. All 3 go back to EA's place for materials and his brother alibi. Then CM is placed somewhere and the accomplice is dropped back off at SAL.

IMO - a bite mark and limp shows a headlock and attempt at strangulation. A limp shows a lot of leg kicks, which all would happen if EA grabbed CM from behind. This theory would also have he least amount of blood but would have some sort of DNA from CM. I'm sorry to type this but I'm trying to throw out theories since we now know CM was in EA's trunk.

IMO - a bite mark and limp shows a headlock and attempt at strangulation. A limp shows a lot of leg kicks, which all would happen if EA grabbed CM from behind. This theory would also have he least amount of blood but would have some sort of DNA from CM. I'm sorry to type this but I'm trying to throw out theories since we now know CM was in EA's trunk.

I agree with your theory of the headlock & defensive moves by CM. Just not sure where it happened.. but I think EA was messed up, frustrated and lost control. I'm not a big believer in anyone else involved with the attack.. but possibly the attempted cover up. (JMO)

We don't know the complete list of evidence LE already had prior to obtaining the warrant to search the house and grounds where EA lived. LE only has to explain or offer enough reason for probable cause that there was a crime committed by the subject (EA in this case).
LE is BUILDING a case and believes more evidence will, or is likely to, be found by searching where the warrant specifies.
Clues within the affidavit are - LE is looking for the clothing EA wore when seen with Christina in the garage (explained is, even if clothing was washed, it is still likely to retain DNA evidence).
Also explained, since EA's phone was wiped clean prior to its return to Sprint, LE wants to look for evidence of the phone's content on the home computer (spelled out is, uploading a phone's content to a computer hard drive results in a phone being wiped clean).
LE isn't sure if they'll find all the evidence they are hoping to find at this juncture.
LE is requesting legal permission to move forward with the investigation due to the likelihood they will collect additional evidence to support their theory that EA is the perpetrator and is responsible for this crime.

The evidence the car turned up, along with the garbage pulls, led LE to seek additional evidence by searching EA's house and grounds, the results of which we do not know yet.
The search may result in the evidence LE is hoping for or it may not provide any additional solid evidence at all.
We have to wait and see.

The rule a Priest must remain silent when a person confesses a crime (especially one that ends a life), goes against my instincts.
A Priest is commanded to "cover" for criminals?
Seems like the policy serves criminals, not victims of crime. Crazy imo.

I was wondering if this person could be a family friend from their home town in mexico....anyone tried to google Lauro from their home town?
Wonder if their is a match?

Google "John Smith" and see what you can come up with - lol!
Plus, not being from the same cultural background, the four names thing confuses me.

It has been so quiet here. We need to keep talking about Christina so her case doesnt fade into the background. Anyone have some new info to toss around?

Its time she is returned to her family.

The rule a Priest must remain silent when a person confesses a crime (especially one that ends a life), goes against my instincts.
A Priest is commanded to "cover" for criminals?
Seems like the policy serves criminals, not victims of crime. Crazy imo.
Couldn't agree with you more. Absolutely ridiculous IMO

The affidavit refers to the DNA evidence as coming from the interior of the trunk. It was a quote, I'm not trying to mislead anyone.
It depends on what is meant by the edge of trunk opening. I can think of several areas that could describe. The fact that it says the DNA was found in the "interior" makes me believe it was not on the exterior of the vehicle.
Here's a Camaro trunk and a few areas I think could be the edge of the trunk opening:

lVdR4DR.jpg

Excellent post! The areas shown as #'s 1, 2, and 3 are not the interior trunk opening; they are the Trunk Lid opening. Think of the Lid (#'s 1, 2, & #) being like the garage door, and the trunk being your garage. The lid is simply a door, like an SUV being described as a 5 door vehicle (4 for passengers, 1 for the rear opening). EA said CM was not in his car, that he went to his car and she went to her car, and he left. The arrest affidavit clearly says, multiple times, CM's DNA came from the trunk of EA's car.

We probably only know about 15% of what LE knows. We'll probably have a much more clear idea of their case in a month, if not sooner.

IMO this is a crime of opportunity with only EA responsible. LE is still searching for CM and that leads me to believe they have more cell pings from his phone than what they outlined in the arrest affidavit.

Is there any way to have two phones active with the same phone number at one time? Or for one phone to be assigned two numbers at one time?
Do cell phones (internal storage) carry any record of what numbers have been assigned to it or, on the flip side, do service providers have record of which devices have been assigned to a number?

1 The place they mentioned was totally inside the trunk. So there's that.
2 Keep in mind that the vast majority of a trunk is air, so almost any place to find DNA will be on one perimeter or another.
3 It's premature to ask "Why don't they have other DNA from trunkal or other car areas" when we don't know but what they do. They only told the bare minimum of what they had to tell, for the purpose of getting the desired warrants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj