GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"According to police, Christina Morris had been visiting friends on the 5700 block of Scruggs Way. She was last seen early Saturday morning walking with a friend into a parking garage a few blocks away at 5715 Legacy Drive.
Police said officers checked the area and found Christina Morris's silver Toyota Celica."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Plano-Police-Search-for-Missing-Woman-273977191.html

So, there's a toll road right there (SRT Toll)---that would have cameras (ugh, trying to catch up, so many posts, so sorry for repeating any questions/thoughts)...wondering if LE looked at those cameras and found anything interesting re: someone coming or going around that time (assuming they used the toll road).

Yes, major toll road and lots of red-light cameras in the area. No word on anything being looked at or found from LE. The only video we know about is the one of CM walking w/her friend to the car. No other video or knowledge of another video even existing has been communicated.

Does anyone know how long they will continue to search? I would think there's so much area to cover if they really don't have any other surveillance tapes to look at. Still hard to believe there is no trace of her.

I love newbies!!!!!! :wagon:

I'm glad you're here and see quite a few new usernames. Please don't feel you need to :lurk:, share your thoughts with us. :angel:

I know this message will contradict what I'm about to say, but can we try and stay on topic? I've read through pages of chit chat, sleuthing of other cases, jokes, etc. I don't want to miss useful information, but I don't have the attention span or desire to weed through. I'm not trying to start an argument, and I'm not pinpointing anyone. It's a general statement. This group is here to help find someone's daughter, friend, sister, girlfriend, coworker..and we need to get back to that.

I googled "abducted from parking garage" just to see how common this is/often it happens.

About 377,000 results, the list goes on and on and on....

Yes :welcome: to all newbies. We've all walked in your shoes and many of us have stumbled lots of times as well. Don't be disheartened or take comments as personal criticism. When a thread is running it's hard not to fly a reply off-the-cuff. No-one means any offense. Like a new job, it takes a while to learn the ropes.

This ol' nag always keeps in mind the old Spike Milliganism "you need a horse to take a fence" (offense) so if I might suggest, get back in the saddle.
:loveyou:

Here's a new picture of Christina on the beach - from missingcases.com. A beautiful young woman.

Attachments

• CMposter.png
    CMposter.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 226
Does anyone know how long they will continue to search? I would think there's so much area to cover if they really don't have any other surveillance tapes to look at. Still hard to believe there is no trace of her.

Most cases seem to have major searching slow down after the initial three weeks or so. And then go to searching based on tips. I have a feeling this case will be the same, at least as far as police and TES searches. TES means only the best but they can't stay on much more than a week or two...at least they seldom do. They search whatever areas LE has designated and move on, coming back if new areas of interest are developed. Jmo

"According to police, Christina Morris had been visiting friends on the 5700 block of Scruggs Way. She was last seen early Saturday morning walking with a friend into a parking garage a few blocks away at 5715 Legacy Drive.
Police said officers checked the area and found Christina Morris's silver Toyota Celica."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Plano-Police-Search-for-Missing-Woman-273977191.html

So, there's a toll road right there (SRT Toll)---that would have cameras (ugh, trying to catch up, so many posts, so sorry for repeating any questions/thoughts)...wondering if LE looked at those cameras and found anything interesting re: someone coming or going around that time (assuming they used the toll road).

This was probably said back when it was mentioned, but I think it bears repeating-- the SRT and at least the northern part of the DNT collect their fees via camera and license plate. No tollbooths, no place to slow down to throw in change. Either you have an account linked to your license plate OR they bill you-- with a VERY clear photo of your vehicle on the statement. If the perp used either of those roads, regardless of if they have an account, there's data and/or photos of it. Of every vehicle that was on it, in fact.

With that said, it can get VERY expensive VERY quickly to use those roads, so if it is a non-traffic time, many locals will use the service roads which flank the toll roads. For most of the DNT northern expanse, the area along the service roads is extremely rural and well below the visibility of the tollroad. (Picture the service road being in a gully.) The tollroads are as bright as high noon, even at midnight, but the service roads are not particularly well-lit and are pretty desolate. I've had bad dreams about breaking down or running out of gas down there.

The DNT tops out at 380 and that's when things get REALLY rural for a stretch in all directions. (The closest building is a U-HAUL storage facility with a cut-out of a security officer...)

The SRT/121 runs diagonally through the metroplex. From the Shops at Legacy, the SRT northeast leads to Allen(ish) and the SRT southwest leads to Fort Worth. Here the side roads are a bit more populated, at least heading toward Fort Worth. It's still pretty remote heading toward Allen, with LOTS of new residential construction and commercial construction underway.

Hope this helps!

I know it's bad form to quote your own post, but I was just proofreading what I wrote and the part about a fear of running out of gas along that area got me thinking... if she is outside the 12 mile zone, I wonder if gas stations' surveillance might be helpful. Outside of 12 miles, the gas stations are significantly fewer and further between... For example, I can only think of four between the top of the DNT and Loop 288 in Denton...

To all the newbies, I hope you stick around and help us out with other cases here as well. :seeya:

I know it's bad form to quote your own post, but I was just proofreading what I wrote and the part about a fear of running out of gas along that area got me thinking... if she is outside the 12 mile zone, I wonder if gas stations' surveillance might be helpful. Outside of 12 miles, the gas stations are significantly fewer and further between... For example, I can only think of four between the top of the DNT and Loop 288 in Denton...

Are you talking about 380 to Denton?

I know from Legacy you can go down into frisco and take 289 to 380. It's incredibly out of the way, but I was on 380 from Denton to Frisco at 4:30-5:30 am the night CM went missing and we only saw one cop.

Well, I see only 1 possibility here considering her car was found in the garage---that she was abducted from there. What else could there be, unless someone drove her car back there and planted it, or she left willingly with someone?

eta: thinking out loud, sorry if this has been mentioned-
unless her car wouldn't start or something, that would open a new realm of scenarios. I'm assuming though there have been no reports of her car being inoperable?

Are you talking about 380 in Denton?

I know from Legacy you can go down into frisco and take 289 to 380. It's incredibly out of the way, but I was on 380 from Denton to Frisco at 4:30-5:30 am the night CM went missing and we only saw one cop.

That is definitely a long, lonesome road.

I'm hoping LE has spoken to the right people and is using phone records, bank transactions, toll tag records and cameras to confirm or question each persons story. I've wondered if this is why they've questioned some 'numerous' times. ? They might have said i was ____ with ____ doing _____, but their online footprint proves they were somewhere else.

Does that make sense?

Where's Christina??

(Can I just say I think its horrible horrible manners for any male to not make sure that a woman gets to her vehicle safely at night (especially a parking garage), or make sure her car starts, etc. My male friends have done this to me before and I gave them one heck of a bashing after the fact. jmo)

(Can I just say I think its horrible horrible manners for any male to not make sure that a woman gets to her vehicle safely at night (especially a parking garage). My male friends have done this to me before and I gave them one heck of a bashing after the fact. jmo)
Maybe she told him he didn't need to walk her to the car? I am a woman and very independent. I could see myself telling someone they don't need to walk me.

Maybe she told him he didn't need to walk her to the car? I am a woman and very independent. I could see myself telling someone they don't need to walk me.

Good point. But I would still insist (and do that with others when I make sure they get going safely). But that's just me. I would have insisted.

Good point. But I would still insist (and do that with others when I make sure they get going safely). But that's just me. I would have insisted.

It has been said that her car was visible when they split up...not sure if true. But yeah, could have waited to make sure it started.

I try very hard to stay away from cases with many newbies. It is really hard to research a case, and look at ALL angles, with snarky people around every corner.

This is websleuths. TOS rules state we don't bash family, or name people not brought up by MSM. If I understand correctly.

Focusing means that I'm going to continue to research every possible angle, because I feel for her mother and believe she would want us to. Christina is missing. Someone took her, you don't know who it was or wasn't, and neither do I.
I kinda understand this, but isn't that a learning curve for all that come here? Especially us who ask for locals, friends, family, or the many guest that we beg to join when one goes missing?

We ask them to join, then push them away. Can we not give them a moment to learn the rules? We all have our own conclusions and a reminder or two politely doesn't hurt anyone; this shouldn't keep regulars out, right? Or allow new ones to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member