GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #30 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case was just on ID channel!!!

If it was held yesterday, I wonder what was the result?

Not saying it was held yesterday .. just records indicate a "transaction" for bond reduction, could be additional court document filing fees or something related to court procedures. JMO~

Pretrial Motions in a Criminal Case

Before a trial, a slew of motions may be filed by the defense, which may greatly alter the charges being faced by a defendant, or in some cases, have them dismissed outright. Some of the commonly filed motions before a trial, include:

Motion to modify bail, which requests a judge modify a defendant’s bail status
Motion to dismiss complaint, which request the judge to dismiss a case on the basis of a insufficient criminal complaint against a defendant
Motion for bill of particulars, which if approved by a judge, will require the prosecutor to detail all charges, as well as the reason for filing these charges
Motion to reduce charges, which requests a judge reduce charges to accurately charge a defendant for an alleged criminal incident
Motion for change of venue, which defendants request their judicial proceedings be moved elsewhere to ensure a fair trial
Motion for to strike a prior conviction, which if approved by the judge, will potentially prevent a defendant from facing the penalties and other sentencing guidelines associated with a repeat offender or person with a criminal record
Motion for discovery, which is a formal request for the prosecution to turn over all evidence they possess regarding a defendant’s case
Motion to preserve evidence, which forces the prosecution to preserve all evidence until a defense investigator or expert can evaluate the evidence
Motion to disclose identity of an informant, which if approved, will allow the defense to attack the credibility of an informant’s motives and testimony
Motion to examine police personnel file, which can be requested if a law enforcement officer’s past conduct and history is relevant to the defense’s existing criminal charges
Motion to suppress evidence, which if approved, will allow the defense to exclude certain pieces of evidence that were obtained illegally, coerced, or tainted in some manner
Motion for speedy trial, which can expedite the process of a trial to prevent government entities from refusing to release a defendant, but also, not bringing the individual to trial for any actual crime
http://www.lawfirms.com/resources/c...nal-defense-case/motions-trial-procedures.htm

I have followed this case. EA seemed very confident on the show, but his eyes tell a different story. Don't trust anything he says.

Thanks for sharing. I've read the same info. Now, a question for you and others on WS... From what I've read on line at various legal sites, in the state of Texas, the next step in EA's legal process would be a hearing or a grand jury. There are pros and cons to each and I believe a grand jury is more common with a felony case. But either way, he needs to be indicted before this case moves forward. Am I wrong on this? That's why I've been anxiously waiting for an official indictment which is not the same as being charged which is where I believe EA still stands at this point. It's also why I suspect a grand jury has been secretly meeting to determine whether there's enough evidence to indict EA. Am I wrong about the step of indicting being required to move forward with the case?

I'm not sure whether there will be a GJ, but I did see this article with a list of indictments for Dec and EA wasn't on there :tantrum:
https://twitter.com/Collin_County/status/551869244187480064

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've seen anything about AK or Felony on EA's Collin County court records website. Does that indicate that he hasn't actually been formally charged (indicted)?

A transaction for bail reduction....

Would I be crazy to say perhaps he is trying to obtain bail before his court date? So he does not appear in cuffs etc?

Maybe his parents put up their house combined w money or something like that, taking time. The transaction appears to be something though...

I'm not sure whether there will be a GJ, but I did see this article with a list of indictments for Dec and EA wasn't on there :tantrum:
https://twitter.com/Collin_County/status/551869244187480064

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've seen anything about AK or Felony on EA's Collin County court records website. Does that indicate that he hasn't actually been formally charged (indicted)?

BBM, it does say AGG KIDNAPPING/FIRST DEGREE FELONY when I just checked the CC inmates.

I would just love to give a big hug to txyorkiemom and catpatrol in particular for all the info you guys find, it helps so much. Looks like they are doing the motion to preserve evidence. Since PPD said they had "substantial amounts", that shouldn't be a problem for them to let the defense do their own tests. I don't think (or I hope) they don't lower his bond. This may be the first AK case I have gotten into, I feel like I learn something every day. So glad I found this site. I keep thinking of Officer Tilley saying something to the effect of "If they could share more dna info with us, we'd understand more"...that gives me hope. Peace for Jonni, Anna, and the family/friends, the sooner the better!!

MMMM Kay !!!
I am seeing this.. Bond Reduction transaction is showing for 1/9
01/15/2015 Writ of Habeas Corpus Mtn to Preserve Evidence 9:00 AM

I think that's just a transaction (court charge) for the subpoenas issued yesterday.

BBM, it does say AGG KIDNAPPING/FIRST DEGREE FELONY when I just checked the CC inmates.

all my understanding and interpretation- JMO~
Yes that is what he has been arrested for based on affiant's sworn statements of the investigation("probable cause") submitted to the Judge to issue a warrant to detain(hold) for probable cause. Of course this is where the Texas criminal justice system only begins. The AK charge(allegation) is only just that at this juncture.
In a nutshell: Is only a belief at this point until proven much later thru the due process.
IMO~ we are only at the pre-pre -pre stage.

Here is more information :
The criminal justice process typically begins when a police officer places a person under arrest. An "arrest" occurs when a person has been taken into police custody and is no longer free to leave or move about.

The Police Officer Personally Observes a Crime
If a police officer personally sees someone commit a crime, the officer may arrest that individual.

The Police Officer Has "Probable Cause" to Arrest
When a police officer has a reasonable belief, based on facts and circumstances, that a person has committed or is about to commit a crime, the officer may arrest that person. This belief, known as "probable cause," may arise from any number of different facts and circumstances

An Arrest Warrant Has Been Issued
When a police officer has obtained a valid warrant to arrest a person, the arrest is lawful. An arrest warrant is a legal document issued by a judge or magistrate, usually after a police officer has submitted a sworn statement that sets out the basis for the arrest.

Challenging An Unlawful Arrest

At all stages of the criminal process, including arrest, police officers must protect citizens' constitutional rights, such as the right to remain silent and the right to be free from unreasonable searches. If these rights are violated, a court may deem the arrest unlawful and order the case against the arrestee dismissed, or certain evidence may be thrown out of the case.
- See more at: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/arrest.html#sthash.2XiCkCa6.dpuf

I think that's just a transaction (court charge) for the subpoenas issued yesterday.

There were 2 transactions from what I can see.
01/09/2015 Transaction Assessment $32.00- ( this is the fee for the subpoenas imo)
01/09/2015 Bond Reduction $32.00 - (this might be just additional docs needed for a future motion & hearing)

Yep, MM, CM's father, took CM's car home w/o forensics being performed first. They were performed later according to the affidavit. Her car could have been a treasure trove of information - maybe answers about the camera. Oh wait! The camera was at her home all the time - just the empty camera case in the car. Darn! So many, many questions about the people involved in this case. Leave no stone unturned I say!

Just jumping off your post and no disrespect, but do we know that no forensics were done on Christina's vehicle before it was removed from the parking garage? Or is it just assumed just because it hasn't been specifically stated anywhere by LE that it was done??

I don't know how it works in Texas (or if it's the same in every state) but the state I live in, subpoenas are served for you to appear for several reasons and if you don't then you can be charged with contempt of court and by being actually served with the subpoena then your employer is required to allow you time off work to appear and you can also be paid mileage to appear for the court proceeding, which sometimes is for a deposition, and the court then has a record/proof that you were served to appear.

Just jumping off your post and no disrespect, but do we know that no forensics were done on Christina's vehicle before it was removed from the parking garage? Or is it just assumed just because it hasn't been specifically stated anywhere by LE that it was done??
In the affidavit from the media file
Just to provide info quickly:
On Wednesday, September 3, 2014, Affiant was assigned as the lead investigator in this case.
During the course of the investigation, Affiant reviewed Officer Semrau's information report and
spoke with Officer Semrau. From these sources, Affiant discovered Christina Morris had gone
out with friends at the Shops at Legacy which is located in the 5700 block of Legacy Drive in
Plano, Collin County, Texas, on Friday night, August 29, 2014. Christina Morris was reported to
have last been seen at a friend's apartment at the Shops at Legacy and to have left the
apartment with a friend from high school identified as Enrique Gutierrez Arochi aka Enrique
Arochi Gutierrez. Officer Semrau also discovered Christina Morris's vehicle (a silver 2001 Toyota
Celica) in the parking garage adjacent to Henry's Tavern also located at the Shops at Legacy.
Officer Semrau reported he did not notice anything suspicious related to the vehicle and notified
Mark Morris. who went and picked up the vehicle

On September 4, 2014, Christina Morris's Toyota Celica vehicle was processed by
Criminalist M. Boubel. Affiant reviewed the report completed by Criminalist Boubel related to
her processing of Morris's vehicle. Criminalist Boubel's report indicated she collected a Dr.
Pepper soda can from the vehicle.
On September 19, 2014, a swab from a Dr. Pepper can collected from the vehicle was submitted
to the University of North Texas Center for Human identification so that a DNA profile
for Christina Morris could be developed for comparison to other items of evidence collected in this case.
Affiant reviewed a letter from the UNT Health Science Center which confirmed that a STR
profile was developed from the sample submitted and DNA profile analysis of Morris' parents.
UNT provided the Department with a copy of the
STR Data Table which contained the developed DNA profile for Christina Morris.

Please correct me because I can't remember the exact circumstances, but what ever happened with this?

When EA was first arrested, there was another stipulation(?) that had to do with ICE(?) and his citizenship that was listed in addition to the AK. I remember that the bail was set at $1m, but with that additional stipulation(?), didn't that make him ineligible for bail?

TIA

Someone else will know more, but per the affidavits, CM's DNA was acquired from a soft drink bottle from within the vehicle.

IMO, I would think that they had done a check at this point. I could easily be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator