GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #30 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be curious to see what EA's atty thinks these people (SN, SB, and PP, who were all at the after-hours party, and CMs dad) might be able to testify to, that might impact a decision re the amount of bond.

I think the only thing MM could testify about is the car (from what we know). Maybe defense team wants to run forensics on Christina's car, which would mean it is considered possible evidence. The other 3 were at the party and apparently at the apartment when EA and Christina left to walk to the parking garage. Maybe they have something to add about the lapse in time until Christina was reported missing.

I think there's plenty of questions the defense will ask of the party goers. Questions already asked of them were asked by LE. I'm not sure if this hearing will be a platform for the defense to start discrediting these "witnesses" or not, but if so, I'd think he would ask questions about their drinking/drug use that night, perhaps go into more detail about the said incident between EA and SB. I believe there's plenty of info the defense can get out of these guys. MM, on the other hand, I'm guessing also it probably has to do with her car. JMO

Ok I have been going through my 100's of screenshots involving this case and some of the comments on SM that I completely disregarded earlier in the case now I am actually wondering if it could be a possibility...
1) what if the call from EA's phone to HF was EA and not CM? Do we know for sure the contwnts of those text messages and who sent them? The only 2 people that could have said it was CM are both liars in my opinion. So what if the reason HF difnt report CM missing was because he did some dirty drug business or owed someone money and CM was kidnapped because of this.

2) what are the possibilities she is hiding to avoid being charged for her involvement somehow with the drugs? she did live with HF. They had a clothing line together, she may have been fully aware of the drugs. Maybe not involved in selling but would the FBI also charge her as guilt by association(drugs in their house, car, etc from HF) or would she have to actually been caught in possession and selling? What if she was tipped of by ALP that night that HF was being watched? I mean his partner "jade" seems to have dropped off the radar and has not been arrested yet in connection?

I know these are touchy subjects and Jonni says CM would never just disappear and put her family through this (which I absolutely believe she would not even if she was a CI and had to go into witness protection program)

Just thought I would throw some scenarios out here and see what others thought and ideas were.

For reference....there was another Agg Kid jury trial that happened this last week in Collin County. Coincidentally, my coworker was on the jury. I checked court documents and he was arrested 4/3/14, case filed by indictment on 5/22/14 and then bond was set at 15,000. I can't figure out what it was originally set to when he was arrested. But right after that, things progressed on the court records monthly-ish.

His victim was found alive very quickly after the incident where he was also arrested. He was found guilty, sentenced to 40 years with a $10,000 fine.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...rs-in-prison-for-kidnapping-ex-in-plano.html/

Wow, stiff sentence!

So he was arrested and charged and the indictment came later.
It seems the case was pretty clear cut especially since LE was able to speak to the victim.

I'm confused how a person can be charged with a crime and thrown in jail before LE is sure of the evidence.
I guess charges can be dropped at some point. But the reason LE can make an arrest is because they already have evidence. How does an indictment strengthen a case?

Found the answers in posts above. ty

I think there's plenty of questions the defense will ask of the party goers. Questions already asked of them were asked by LE. I'm not sure if this hearing will be a platform for the defense to start discrediting these "witnesses" or not, but if so, I'd think he would ask questions about their drinking/drug use that night, perhaps go into more detail about the said incident between EA and SB. I believe there's plenty of info the defense can get out of these guys. MM, on the other hand, I'm guessing also it probably has to do with her car. JMO

I think there are plenty of questions the defense will asking during trial but this is just a bond reduction hearing. The charge against him won't change, and he won't be found innocent or guilty. I think that's what Steve was talking about....

I must have missed Steve's post.

And as I stated, I wasn't sure if this hearing would be the platform for those type of questions, but if they've been subpoenaed, I doubt the defense is going to throw softballs at them and confirm EA's creepy factor. JMO

Yep, MM, CM's father, took CM's car home w/o forensics being performed first. They were performed later according to the affidavit. Her car could have been a treasure trove of information - maybe answers about the camera. Oh wait! The camera was at her home all the time - just the empty camera case in the car. Darn! So many, many questions about the people involved in this case. Leave no stone unturned I say!

Sneaky devil, you. :devil:

:yeahthat: (camera)

I found this article by a Collin county defense attorney informative:

"After an excessive bond is set an attorney can file a Writ of Habeas Corpus...This accomplishes several important things. First is that it will usually allow a different judge — normally the elected district judge — to begin to exercise control in the case. Second is it allows a person to trigger an evidentiary hearing where they can (1) learn underlying information about the case from the prosecutor; and (2) present evidence that a lower bond is sufficient to secure the defendant’s appearance in Court....At the hearing the State will generally present as little evidence as possible to avoid giving the defendant additional discovery or allowing the defense a free-crack at one of their witnesses...Though someone always wants to get out of jail quickly, it has to be weighed against the possibility of giving the prosecutor evidence they can spin against them at a later point in the case."

https://roselawtx.wordpress.com/tag/collin-county-felony-bond/

Very helpful. Thank you!

Here's a most likely unpopular theory....what if EA drops CM off at MM house. It is her father who lives in the area and lives near EA, right? CM puts her backpack/bag in EA's trunk and things roll around as he drives, leaving evidence and DNA. That would put MM as the last person to be with CM....Again, just trying to think outside the box. There seems to be a lot of evidence against EA but what if we're missing something or someone?

I think the only thing MM could testify about is the car (from what we know). Maybe defense team wants to run forensics on Christina's car, which would mean it is considered possible evidence. The other 3 were at the party and apparently at the apartment when EA and Christina left to walk to the parking garage. Maybe they have something to add about the lapse in time until Christina was reported missing.

Do you think the defense might question the friends as to the quantity of their drinking and drug use (if any)? Then try to show the judge that they were all impaired, perhaps too impaired to determine if EA was "sexually frustrated" or too impaired to assume EA attempted to be romantically interested in SB? This is what I'm thinking.

As far as MM, hmmmmm?? Maybe ask him about the phone records since her phone was on his account, how she was calling ALP & HF (love triangle) and EA might be innocent in AK but to look elsewhere.

These are just my thoughts on how defense could show the judge EA may not be "the monster" we've made him out to be, but he's a nice responsible guy leaving a party to get some sleep for work in the morning.

I know there is another discussion page regarding the Discovery ID show. Wasn't there another forum for Christina?

I have always been curious/suspicious of the Trust None line of clothing....perhaps it was formed to launder HF drug money. That's where I think Christina may have known too much. I'm bothered by ALP being her boyfriend when HF was his best bud. Then she and HF get together and EA enters the picture as ALP's new bff. And drugs may well have been the glue holding them all together. With HF under surveillance, the rest may have been squirming. Haven't gotten past my suspicions to formulate scenarios, though.

what if the call from EA's phone to HF was EA and not CM? Do we know for sure the contents of those text messages and who sent them? The only 2 people that could have said it was CM are both liars in my opinion.

1 Re the calls/texts from EA's phone to HF's phone, the source of all the info we have on those contacts is LE - I don't take them for liars
...LE knows everything there is to know about them, because they got the info straight from HFs phone
...we the public have much less info as to sequence and content
2 happened at 3:50, 3:53, 3:55 ...LE has determined all happened before CM was last seen on video at 3:55
3 obviously call(s) are not from EA as CMs voice is heard on voicemail ..in theory EA could have sent the texts, but not likely (we see CM after that)
4 LE has done forensics on HF phone ...no indication he has hidden/erased anything
5 HF looks like a bad guy, but based on the info we do have, it appears LE has checked HF's alibi, movement, phone, and so on and it all checks out with nothing to suspect him ...they have answers we don't have, on what he did and why
6 it's always possible LE has built a secret case against HF and has info against him - but other than assuming such secret evidence, we have been given no reason by LE or the family to think he was involved
7 not trying to bash CM at all, but her friends and boy-friends all look pretty immoral, wild, and druggy, which means we probably have to follow the evidence to separate the bad guy who did it from those who didn't, as they all would otherwise look like someone "suspicious"
8 when I do that, imo we have several items that set EA apart from the others as the one who did this
- he's lied about almost everything about that night,
- he was the last person that was ever seen with CM,
- he worked hard to cover up his contacts and actions that night and thereafter, and
- her DNA was found IN HIS TRUNK

Do you think the defense might question the friends as to the quantity of their drinking and drug use (if any)? Then try to show the judge that they were all impaired, perhaps too impaired to determine if EA was "sexually frustrated" or too impaired to assume EA attempted to be romantically interested in SB? This is what I'm thinking.

As far as MM, hmmmmm?? Maybe ask him about the phone records since her phone was on his account, how she was calling ALP & HF (love triangle) and EA might be innocent in AK but to look elsewhere.

These are just my thoughts on how defense could show the judge EA may not be "the monster" we've made him out to be, but he's a nice responsible guy leaving a party to get some sleep for work in the morning.

Yes, as I said in an earlier post, I'm not sure if this hearing is the platform for the defense to discredit the witnesses or not, but I absolutely believe when given the chance, the defense will pick these people and their testimony apart. That's their job. And again, as I stated earlier, the only questions asked so far of these people are questions from LE, questions that benefit LE.

Is EA a monster? I don't know. Obviously so far signs point to him as an alleged aggrevated kidnapper, but IN MY MIND, he has not been convicted so he's just an alleged criminal to me who has the same rights as we all do according to the US Constitution.

Wow, stiff sentence!

So he was arrested and charged and the indictment came later.
It seems the case was pretty clear cut especially since LE was able to speak to the victim.

I'm confused how a person can be charged with a crime and thrown in jail before LE is sure of the evidence.

I guess charges can be dropped at some point. But the reason LE can make an arrest is because they already have evidence. How does an indictment strengthen a case?

1 "I'm confused how a person can be charged with a crime and thrown in jail before LE is sure of the evidence."

LE makes an arrest when they believe a crime has been committed and they they have evidence to show who did it. A preliminary hearing, or GJ, validates that such evidence exists.

2 "How does an indictment strengthen a case?"

It is not designed to strengthen a case. In Texas, it would be part of the process itself, of bringing a felony defendant to trial. (The process differs from state to state.)

I doubt that Christina would bother to put her backpack in his trunk. Also, we don't know what sort of DNA was found, do we? It may be a bodily fluid not explainable by a backpack...

I am pretty sure Christina was in his trunk...jmo
And not for any innocent, explainable reason.

Could Christina have been put in EA's trunk in garage and then as EA is driving she did pop the trunk(using glow in the dark handle) which then caused EA to freak out and hit something as he stopped/ or she was able to run off and he hit her with the car(sorry for graphics) to subdue her?

Here's a most likely unpopular theory....what if EA drops CM off at MM house. It is her father who lives in the area and lives near EA, right? CM puts her backpack/bag in EA's trunk and things roll around as he drives, leaving evidence and DNA. That would put MM as the last person to be with CM....Again, just trying to think outside the box. There seems to be a lot of evidence against EA but what if we're missing something or someone?

1 So EA left her at her father's, yet has endured accusations and arrest without telling where he left her?
2 I don't think EA will be offering any excuse, because I don't think he'll get on the witness stand and speak under the penalty of perjury.

I've not seen proof that Christina's voice was on anyone's phone.
We know EA's phone was used to call HF's phone (and text) at the three times mentioned.
Where is it spelled out that Christina's voice left a message on HF's phone while using EA's phone?
(She may have done so. Where is the proof?)

Also, HF "lost" his phone during the crucial hours Christina was trying to reach him during what we usually refer to as "a flurry of calls".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member