GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #30 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me because I can't remember the exact circumstances, but what ever happened with this?

When EA was first arrested, there was another stipulation(?) that had to do with ICE(?) and his citizenship that was listed in addition to the AK. I remember that the bail was set at $1m, but with that additional stipulation(?), didn't that make him ineligible for bail?

TIA
Here is what it is for, I know there has been confusion on this as well.
In a nutshell: If/When he/she makes bail(gets out) they are detained an additional 48hrs so ICE has an option.
It does not make he/she ineligible to post bail if legally & financially able to do so.
An ICE detainer is a written request that a local jail or other law enforcement agency detain an individual for an additional 48 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) after his or her release date, in order to provide ICE agents time to decide whether to take the individual into federal custody and begin formal deportation proceedings.
https://www.aclu.org/immigrants-rights/immigration-enforcement/immigration-detainers

1 The existence of the ICE notice is, in a way, a red flag to a bail bond company that providing bond may lose them money. If he should post bond, he goes directly into federal custody on the immigration charge rather than running free, and can be deported.
2 The size of the bond is usually tied to the severity of the charges (and AK is at the heinous end of the legal scale) and the likelihood of the defendant showing up for trial, if allowed out of prison (the fact he has ICE issues and isn't a citizen makes this a huge risk).

Given the immigration issue and the severity of the charges, including the possibility he could be deported, it's hard to envision that the local court will reduce bond. Since he knows where CM is, and continues to hide that info, I have a hard time believing a Texas judge would let him roam free with the chance he ends up in Mexico and avoids trial, but we'll see soon.

I don't know how it works in Texas (or if it's the same in every state) but the state I live in, subpoenas are served for you to appear for several reasons and if you don't then you can be charged with contempt of court and by being actually served with the subpoena then your employer is required to allow you time off work to appear and you can also be paid mileage to appear for the court proceeding, which sometimes is for a deposition, and the court then has a record/proof that you were served to appear.

That is the same in Texas. I have been subpoena'd several times to testify in court and I would have been held in contempt of court had I not shown up. It says so clearly in the subpoena which you sign when served.

That is the same in Texas. I have been subpoena'd several times to testify in court and I would have been held in contempt of court had I not shown up. It says so clearly in the subpoena which you sign when served.

Let's just hope none of the ones subpoened invokes their 5th amendment right. :-/

Ok, stupid question alert....

Why is this listed under civil and family case records and not criminal?

Someone else offered the explanation that because it deals with money (bond), it is a civil matter.

ahintexas said:
Let's just hope none of the ones subpoened invokes their 5th amendment right.

OMG could you imagine if that happened? WS would break!

I'll be curious to see what EA's atty thinks these people (SN, SB, and PP, who were all at the after-hours party, and CMs dad) might be able to testify to, that might impact a decision re the amount of bond.

Wow, just found my 6 degrees of separation. I've been following Christina's story, because I'm a WS regular anyway, but I also live nearby. I just saw a post on Jonni's Facebook wall from one of the techs at our orthodontist. I guess Jonni and/or Christina were patients there too. We've been patients there for at least 7 years, so probably we were patients at the same time based on time details she gave in her post.

Just poking around the internet and checked out EA facebook page. You cant see anything but his friends. I clicked on it. I was surprised to find some of the people who were involved with Christina the day of her disappearance are still friends with him. I think I would have defriended and blocked him.

LE saw 'marks' per the search warrant. The warrant doesn't confirm if they have been proven to be 'bite' marks. It doesn't matter to me if its bite mark or not. The fact that there are marks or injuries to me is concerning, especially if they weren't there before he walked her to the garage. I am not buying his 'I got angry and hit the side of my car' story or whatever story it was he told LE.

I am not exactly sure about how they plan to address this in trial but perhaps they didn't say "bite" mark bc in their defense "PPD investigators are not dentist"....Since this will probably be the argument that the defense will say. Maybe they will display the pics they took and ask the jury to make their own conclusions as to what this "mark" was? That's what I would do especially if the mark looked exactly like teeth prints....

Just poking around the internet and checked out EA facebook page. You cant see anything but his friends. I clicked on it. I was surprised to find some of the people who were involved with Christina the day of her disappearance are still friends with him. I think I would have defriended and blocked him.

They obviously know more than we do! JMO

Unless you wanted to keep an eye on him

I am not exactly sure about how they plan to address this in trial but perhaps they didn't say "bite" mark bc in their defense "PPD investigators are not dentist"....Since this will probably be the argument that the defense will say. Maybe they will display the pics they took and ask the jury to make their own conclusions as to what this "mark" was? That's what I would do especially if the mark looked exactly like teeth prints....
If the marks were distinct enough, the photos will be sent to a
Forensic Odontologist along with CM's dental records to determine not only if they are bite marks, but if they are actually her bite marks.

Wouldn't there be a record of every time HF went to jail? I've seen two records for HF before HF's arrests after Christina's case was underway. Two more since then. His last arrest being due to serious drug charges.
Are there more?

Sorry I meant missing repeated court dates don't know how many times he has been in jail

I am behind and trying to catch up but I just wanted to comment on something. Employees working at cell phone stores using phones themselves or letting friends try them out is about enough to make a person say Yikes! So if that employee or friend used that phone for something (illegal for example) then do a factory reset on it (thinking this erases all data) then I as a customer go into the store to buy a NEW phone and I end up with one that has been USED but I buy it under the impression I am buying a NEW phone and I pay NEW phone price, then something comes up later and my phone is taken and there is things on there retrievable by LE that have nothing to do with me, I wouldn't be a happy camper!
<<< makes mental note to self: Next time when purchasing a NEW cell phone at cell phone store, make sure I observe it being removed from the factory packing, shrink wrap/bubble wrap, etc.
If I am paying for a new phone, then I want a new phone, not one that has been used by an employee or allowed to be used by a friend or family member first!

Apple doesn't operate this way. When I recently bought a new iPhone and iPad they brought them out and insisted that I unwrap them, tear open the packaging and I had the choice to use their store equip to set up iCloud & get it working while there or do all that at home. They said they wanted to make sure I didn't get a defective product but also they didn't want me to leave the store without being able to contact 911 if I didn't have another working phone on me. (In case of emergency) I thought that was all so awkward & excessive but now learning all thats going on elsewhere, now I see why. I'm thankful they don't operate like that, seems so shady to me.

Someone else offered the explanation that because it deals with money (bond), it is a civil matter.

That is correct. The results of this hearing do not impact whether EA is guilty of a crime. If he has a high bond, a low bond, or no bond, it will have no bearing later on as to whether he is found innocent or guilty.

I'll be curious to see what EA's atty thinks these people (SN, SB, and PP, who were all at the after-hours party, and CMs dad) might be able to testify to, that might impact a decision re the amount of bond.

Oh me, too! What could the defense attorney want to know from the party people (did he act rejected and angry?)...and as for MM, I don't get that. What do yall think?

EA may get bond reduction with a ton of supervision (ankle bracelet?). At least while the defense gets to go over the DNA evidence the DA has to share with them. This is looking like Casey Anthony in a strange way to me. Give us Christina, you miserable excuse of a human being.

Is there any way possible in the world that EA and Christina met up with ALP and/or HF somewhere? They were mad at each other and I think HF may have wanted to get to Christina that night to keep her quiet. What is he was waiting by her car? Still she ended up in EA's trunk (so SteveS has said many times), that only means EA went along with ALP or HF to get her out of there. They may not have wanted her talking to the Po-Po. Who had more invested? My logical brain goes with the SA because he was such a creepy guy, but there could be one other reason he took her somewhere. Yall straighten me out because I tend to go all over the place (I may have ADHD, too - and I don't say that jokingly).
I could stand to be more focused. Have a good weekend, my buddy sleuthers. Will check in soon for more info that I know you'll have. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody