GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #31 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this discussed, but really, how could they not know he was in jail? He lived with them. If he didn't show up for several days, but his car was still there, they would be really concerned that he might have either harmed himself or someone had harmed him. They knew he was being investigated in Christina's disappearance. They would most likely have contacted LE, to say he was missing, and be told that he was in jail.

But more than likely he contacted them from jail, and told them what the charge was (stolen phone, not connected with Christina) JMO.

Perhaps. I'm not claiming to know for sure, either way. But it's been my understanding - just based off of what I think I've heard here before from others - that it's said they didn't know he was in jail, until he was already out.

I'd say this. Is it POSSIBLE that he was in jail without his parents knowing? Sure. We can come up with speculative explanations, I'm sure. What happened, happened, and if they didn't know, then they didn't..

As for the car, it could have been towed and impounded, while he was in jail. More likely imo, he was arrested at work, and his car sat in the lot there.

I don't think he will tell where she is for a loooong time. The only way I can see him ever telling is if he can clearly see it'll benefit him in a major way. CM family begging him, his family begging him, the obvious case that HE does know.....none of this is going to make him fess up. IMO, until the last hour of the very last chance he has, maybe when he hears the judge explain to him...."I suggest you tell us where she is bc if you don't you'll die an old man in your cold lonely cell but if you do you might be able to see the day of release many many many years from now".

It's going to take something that drastically affects HIS OWN life (not just assuming it will benefit him), before he can begin to think about telling where she is. (IMO)

I found this interesting piece about AK and how they set this up to where they basically have him on an AK charge 2 separate ways, if not more....

Currently he is charged with AK:
(a)(4) - inflict bodily injury on him or violate or abuse him sexually;
maybe they chose this one since they (MAY HAVE) found a significant amount of blood in his trunk (?)

BUT he can ALSO be charged with AK:
(a)(6) - interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function.

Remember when they took his car for processing, the first time? It is clearly stated on page 5 of that 9/2014 warrant that they were conducting forensics bc "said evidence will tend to prove that Arochi committed the offense of interference with public duties in which he has impeded and interfered with the investigation of the disappearance of CM being conducted by the Plano PD".

So I think they're stashing the "interference" angle into their bag of tricks just in case the "inflict bodily injury" or "abuse him sexually" somehow doesn't fly. Any of the three ways he would still be charged with AK.

I don't think he will tell where she is for a loooong time. The only way I can see him ever telling is if he can clearly see it'll benefit him in a major way. CM family begging him, his family begging him, the obvious case that HE does know.....none of this is going to make him fess up. IMO, until the last hour of the very last chance he has, maybe when he hears the judge explain to him...."I suggest you tell us where she is bc if you don't you'll die an old man in your cold lonely cell but if you do you might be able to see the day of release many many many years from now".

It's going to take something that drastically affects HIS OWN life (not just assuming it will benefit him), before he can begin to think about telling where she is. (IMO)

I found this interesting piece about AK and how they set this up to where they basically have him on an AK charge 2 separate ways, if not more....

Currently he is charged with AK:
(a)(4) - inflict bodily injury on him or violate or abuse him sexually;
maybe they chose this one since they (MAY HAVE) found a significant amount of blood in his trunk (?)

BUT he can ALSO be charged with AK:
(a)(6) - interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function.

Remember when they took his car for processing, the first time? It is clearly stated on page 5 of that 9/2014 warrant that they were conducting forensics bc "said evidence will tend to prove that Arochi committed the offense of interference with public duties in which he has impeded and interfered with the investigation of the disappearance of CM being conducted by the Plano PD".

So I think they're stashing the "interference" angle into their bag of tricks just in case the "inflict bodily injury" or "abuse him sexually" somehow doesn't fly. Any of the three ways he would still be charged with AK.

I agree about him not telling unless there's something in it for him, my guess would be that the most likely thing to influence him would be his parents begging him to tell as part of some sort of agreement for a lower sentence or lesser charge

JMO

I'm still puzzled about why if he's so sure he's totally innocent we aren't hearing anything from the lawyer or anyone else supporting him.

I hope we find out more tomorrow

... what else could possibly cause damage to his car that would look similar to someone punching it?

Hate to say this, but I think you're reading that backwards, causing you to look for something that isn't needing to be found. You want to speculate on "what would look like someone punched the car" and LE made the very point that the damage DID NOT look like someone punched the car. Indeed, the fact that the damage did NOT look like a punch was what demonstrated that EA had told one more obvious lie (among many).

BBM = with respect, I think that's too much of an assumption IMO. If she had been able to charge her phone I would have expected her to have carried comminucating as she had done before.

Correct. Sorry I wasn't clear. I, too, believe she would have continued with her phone communications, until she couldn't. I was of the understanding that the phone records available to us were not complete, so we do not know when her communications ceased. Catpatrol or SteveS, do you have any verification or definitive answer about the phone records?

I also think LE has been combing camera footage from anywhere they could get it to help them create their timeline. Who knows where else EA's car has been captured on video that night?

The affidavit shows exactly how EA operates--he lied until it could be proven he lied, and then he changed his story to fit the proof. It appears EA has lied every step of the way in this investigation. And I agree with SteveS--EA knows where Christina is, she went into his car trunk, and she came out of his car trunk.

Correct. Sorry I wasn't clear. I, too, believe she would have continued with her phone communications, until she couldn't. I was of the understanding that the phone records available to us were not complete, so we do not know when her communications ceased. Catpatrol or SteveS, do you have any verification or definitive answer about the phone records?

To be clear, Catpatrol is the Info Keeper Extraordinaire here, not me!

As to CM's phone records...
1 LE has them all
2 Unstated to us if any calls or contacts (incl attempts) after 3:50 from her phone, but my impression is that her use of her phone ended entirely before 3:50

"Who knows where else EA's car has been captured on video that night?"...Other than info in affidavits, no idea

I've often wondered about the damage done to EA's car. He told LE that he "punched" it. An employee at Huffines (car dealership in Plano, TX) said that EA's explanation was inconsistent with the damage, but what else could possibly cause damage to his car that would look similar to someone punching it? What if CM's head hit the car with force? This could explain the bodily fluid (perhaps blood) found in EA's trunk if she did sustain an injury.

Of course, we have not seen the damage that was done to his car. Just trying to pick apart his false statements to see if there's any truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought about that too. I write estimates on damage vehicles all day long. I also drive a camaro ( almost the same color to.. Yikes) IMO There is no way he could have punched his fender and left any kind of dent. His hand would be broke or seriously hurt imo. Also as crazy as this sounds I have pushed on my fender leaned against it and it just doesn't move. Just to see how strong it was and if someone could do damage to it by punching it. Also if the tire did fall on his hand he would most likely have been sitting on the ground while changing it and if he was right handed and punched it, He would have to punch high because the fender stops at the top of the bumper. And if I remember correctly there was also damage to the front bumper. Which is plastic and where the fender meets the bumper. Its pretty well reinforced. Plus if you were to punch your fender well you wouldn't have bumper damage also. The steering wheel on a camaro is super sensitive. The slightest pull to the Rt or Lt and your car is going that way. There is no play in it at all. So I can easily see if CM was fighting him from the passenger seat how he could have wrecked and really any distraction (like reaching for a phone). I wish we could see a picture of what his damage looked like. Like if it looked liked he could have hit her with his car..

Hate to say this, but I think you're reading that backwards, causing you to look for something that isn't needing to be found. You want to speculate on "what would look like someone punched the car" and LE made the very point that the damage DID NOT look like someone punched the car. Indeed, the fact that the damage did NOT look like a punch was what demonstrated that EA had told one more obvious lie (among many).

I understand the point you are trying to make, and yes, it was very clear in the search warrant that the damage was inconsistent with someone punching a car, but the extent of the damage was never described, just the location. So, there is room to speculate if the damage was large or small, did the fender actually break or was it just dented. We don't actually know. My thought was that EA may have tried to come up with a story that could have caused SIMILAR damage that a fist could make when punching a car. Perhaps the damage is larger than a man's fist, or perhaps it's just completely different altogether. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think LE has been combing camera footage from anywhere they could get it to help them create their timeline. Who knows where else EA's car has been captured on video that night?

The affidavit shows exactly how EA operates--he lied until it could be proven he lied, and then he changed his story to fit the proof. It appears EA has lied every step of the way in this investigation. And I agree with SteveS--EA knows where Christina is, she went into his car trunk, and she came out of his car trunk.

To be clear, Catpatrol is the Info Keeper Extraordinaire here, not me!

As to CM's phone records...
1 LE has them all
2 Unstated to us if any calls or contacts (incl attempts) after 3:50 from her phone, but my impression is that her use of her phone ended entirely before 3:50

"Who knows where else EA's car has been captured on video that night?"...Other than info in affidavits, no idea

Right at the very beginning LE said that the last use of her phone (my paraphasing) was in the area of the Shops.. We later found out that there were subsequent pings, it is possible that the original info from LE wasn't wholly accurate

JMO

eta: this is my memory as I can't instantly find a source for this

I added the calls from CM's cell phone records to the timeline. The screenshot of the phone records (from the Disappeared show) cut off at around 3:40 AM, so as far as I know, we have nothing beyond that time except for the call to SN, cell tower ping at 4:47, and the reported text at 3:58 (from the UptownGirl article.)

EA wiped "his" phone and destroyed his cell bill so that no one could uncover his contacts that night, remember? (Of course, I bet LE has found lots more than he wanted them to.)

Can you please provide a link that can confirm your post?

Thank you,
Tricia

Breaks my heart, too. I think about that video of Christina walking with EA to the garage and knowing what we know right now....that could have been within the last hour of her life.

Why would PPD release that video? They already knew who he was....does anyone recall if a public request for information was released with the video?

Good question.. nobody would really know who is in the video, if you weren't told.. maybe LE released it to let the perp know "we see you here and you don't know what else we can see".. sort of a mind game.. interesting question, though.

Questions for those that have followed other investigations:

Is it common for wires or taped conversations to be a part of an investigation ?
Would EA have presented an opportunity as a prime candidate for a "friend" conversation to have been recorded for police while he was walking among general population and doing his media circuit ?
Assuming a wire is even possible, could part of the perceived indifference of the "friends" from that night, stem from the fact they wanted to maintain value as a potential to be wired for EA to talk to ?

IMO he appears to be the sort to run his mouth at one point and engage his brain at some point later; thank you in advance and all of the above is IMO without links to support.

Good afternoon, I got a little carried away last night - can hardly wait to hear more news. One thing I spouted off about was saying Christina was calling ALP to get someone else's # and I can't verify that so shouldn't have said it. It was from another blog I've been reading. My bad.

Is it common for wires or taped conversations to be a part of an investigation ?
Would EA have presented an opportunity as a prime candidate for a "friend" conversation to have been recorded for police while he was walking among general population and doing his media circuit ?
Assuming a wire is even possible, could part of the perceived indifference of the "friends" from that night, stem from the fact they wanted to maintain value as a potential to be wired for EA to talk to ?

IMO he appears to be the sort to run his mouth at one point and engage his brain at some point later; thank you in advance and all of the above is IMO without links to support.

Excellent point, GK!
I wonder if a taped conversation with SB could give more insight to EA's alleged sexual frustration that night.
As it was described, EA's main connection to the group was PP. I don't necessarily think he would confess anything to her, but each time he tells his side of the story, it is so valuable because of all of the inconsistencies that can be picked from it.
I do think that the "friends" have remained quiet under PPD's guidance. Even if they do come across a bit shallow, I think they care about CM & were completely caught off guard by EA's actions, just like the rest of us.

Possible but I don't think so. It's more of an upscale mixed use development ... Higher end restaurants and bars, no clubs that I'm aware of.

One day about 4-5 months ago, there was a Security guard standing outside my Bank (BOA). We started talking because seeing him there was so unusual. He said that he normally is stationed at the Shops of Legacy and that there is so much crime up there I would not believe it. I love going to SOL and I think because it is an upscale area, we have a false impression that it is safe. Not according to the security guard I spoke too and he was very forthcoming with his opinion about this. So clubs or no clubs it does not matter, crime is everywhere!

One day about 4-5 months ago, there was a Security guard standing outside my Bank (BOA). We started talking because seeing him there was so unusual. He said that he normally is stationed at the Shops of Legacy and that there is so much crime up there I would not believe it. I love going to SOL and I think because it is an upscale area, we have a false impression that it is safe. Not according to the security guard I spoke too and he was very forthcoming with his opinion about this. So clubs or no clubs it does not matter, crime is everywhere!

BBM: Not that it matters but isn't Sambuca 360 a club ?

Thinking about intent, I would guess that for AK to stick his intent from the get-go would have to be to harm or SA her. But what if, as someone else said, that for whatever reason she went willingly in his car (and there is really no reason to question why she would -- I mean I could sit here all day questioning why she would be in a relationship with HF and actually live with that guy, but she did, so who knows?)
So what if she goes willingly with him and in that 40 minute time span they stop, maybe they were supposed to meet up with someone and while waiting, the decide to smoke a joint, which is possible if she's been all freaked out and upset -- he might think: geez calm this chick down.
Then while they are high, he makes a move on her. Maybe he truly hadn't been planning to earlier but the opportunity presents itself. In this scenario he didn't intend to harm her when she got in the car, he didn't intend to SA her. But now they are high and he makes a move and what if things get out if hand and he kills her? He'd probably freak out, put her in the trunk, maybe think about dropping her back at her car and hope it looks like a random killing. But when he approaches the garage area, cars are leaving so he changes his mind and heads back to Allen.
Obviously in this scenario hd would bd guilty of murder, but what I'm saying is that, as others have said, her or her DNA being in the trunk really does not prove his intent to kidnap and SA her. It could have happened in a different way.
I'm not disputing he had a hand in this, and these are my opinions, but if I were a juror I would need to see more evidence to explain how her DNA was found where it was and what led up to that. I personally think there is more to this story.

good post It's not really my theory but it is a well explained and makes sense.

I'm just asking because if that is what LE believes, then I would think they would take any subsequent cell phone pings after the one near his house and up to EA's stop at Kroger. They could then add to that any toll tag hits, TxDOT video, credit card receipts, business or residence video and come up with more precise areas to search for CM. Perhaps they have done this and that is what prompted the search LE did a month or so ago.

Just trying to think of what LE may be doing or could do to attempt to narrow the search area and find Christina.

Yes, where did his phone put him before he was seen at Kroger?
I wish we knew where that ping was and I really hope they have done a huge search in that area. Do we have a hard time he left his house that morning to go to work? Also do you think LE was able to retrieve the text messages on his phone that he had written down to get rid of? He worked at a cell store and I'm sure he knew LE could still get them if he erased them. Just wondering if he had access to something that would delete them forever so LE wouldn't be able to retrieve them.

Very common and I have zero doubt LE had his phone taped and his home phone still tapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003