GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #31 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps his parents didn't know, like CMs parents didn't know she was missing for four days? Even tho he lives at home..
Cant imagine this in my world but Im sure its possible. IMO IME
Perhaps. I'm not claiming to know for sure, either way. But it's been my understanding - just based off of what I think I've heard here before from others - that it's said they didn't know he was in jail, until he was already out.

I'd say this. Is it POSSIBLE that he was in jail without his parents knowing? Sure. We can come up with speculative explanations, I'm sure. What happened, happened, and if they didn't know, then they didn't..

As for the car, it could have been towed and impounded, while he was in jail. More likely imo, he was arrested at work, and his car sat in the lot there.

Right at the very beginning LE said that the last use of her phone (my paraphasing) was in the area of the Shops.. We later found out that there were subsequent pings, it is possible that the original info from LE wasn't wholly accurate

JMO

eta: this is my memory as I can't instantly find a source for this

The phone can, and does, ping towers even while not in use. The pings are the phone communicating with the tower to let the tower know where to send calls or texts.

What this means to me was the last call or text using her phone was 3:55 am (maybe 3:58? But definitely no later) and based on the video she was seen at the SOL at that time. So logically since no activity happened after that, her last phone use was at SOL.

However, her phone was not completely dead as there are then pings up to at least an hour later which helps show that her phone was traveling outside the areas of the shops and also shows that it appeared to be in the exact same location as EA's phone.

The "last use" info seems to be correct based on cell phone records but the "last use" and "last ping" info are two separate things because the phone pings without active user input. Sometimes tower location is used to see which tower the phone was using during a call or text but that's different than the pinging.

I found this interesting piece about AK and how they set this up to where they basically have him on an AK charge 2 separate ways, if not more....

Currently he is charged with AK:
(a)(4) - inflict bodily injury on him or violate or abuse him sexually;
maybe they chose this one since they (MAY HAVE) found a significant amount of blood in his trunk (?)

BUT he can ALSO be charged with AK:
(a)(6) - interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function.

Remember when they took his car for processing, the first time? It is clearly stated on page 5 of that 9/2014 warrant that they were conducting forensics bc "said evidence will tend to prove that Arochi committed the offense of interference with public duties in which he has impeded and interfered with the investigation of the disappearance of CM being conducted by the Plano PD".

So I think they're stashing the "interference" angle into their bag of tricks just in case the "inflict bodily injury" or "abuse him sexually" somehow doesn't fly. Any of the three ways he would still be charged with AK.

I understand your point but I don't believe it works that way. The interfere with governmental function part would have to be related to the kidnapping itself at the time it happened. For example, someone kidnaps a senator in order to prevent them from casting a vote.

In this situation they're saying EA wanted to have sex with CM so he kidnapped her in order to do so, therefore making it aggravated.

There's another aggravating factor that says something about terrorizing, I can't remember how it's worded, but it makes more sense to me as a backup to make the charge fit.

I think EA's "interference" was just a way for them to get a warrant and not a charge they ever intended to prosecute because they knew if they could legally get a warrant that they would be able to charge him with something more serious.

Absolutely agree that EA was likely to have avoided any place readily associated with himself.

I think this is a logical thing to think and I think it would be my opinion if I had not for many years followed crime stories and read up on criminal behavior at little bit. It turns out that in a very high percentage of cases bodies are disposed of in some place that the criminal is comfortable with. You are usually comfortable with places you have spent a reasonable amount of time and places you've spent reasonable amounts of time are often associated with you. We could be talking about the something since readily can have different meanings to different people but I really think they need to be focusing on places know to him that he would for whatever reason feel comfortable.

Perhaps.

But the foundation of my scenario was the reflexive component-- that the impulse to blame was immediate and wouldn't require as much time and thought.

If he's a serial-blamer (with the sociopathic tendencies so many have mentioned so often) couldn't that mitigate aimless panic, if even to a minor degree? Particularly if there was an element of anger or rejection present?

I'm having a hard time seeing self-preservation and blame-deflection as cutesy or requiring finesse.

interesting thought but I don't really agree. I look at it as these people (and probably some of us just to a lesser extent). Have a checklist of things they go through, various tool they use to evade responsibility for things and blame shifting is something that gets employed when they are in a bad spot i.e. when they've been caught enough that plain denial and pretending like things didn't happen no longer works. Notice he didn't come right out and start blame-deflecting he started out denying everything and acting like nothing happened. But once he was in a sufficiently bad spot and enough dirty started coming out he felt he had to come out and say something is when the blame-deflecting started. So I don't think he went straight to blame-deflecting right away when he was dealing with the body what was on his mind was getting away with it and acting like nothing happened. Wherever he put her she is not meant to be found.

If they had video of her being assaulted in the garage, they wouldn't of said it "just a missing persons case" until the DNA came back.

It's possible they have video of her getting in his car willingly, then disappearing, that would mean missing person still. If she was being assaulted it would of been a bigger charge based on that footage. So my common sense would tell me whatever cops have on video is not her being assaulted.

I don't care why she was not dressed up and was wearing PP shirt. Doesn't seem important to me. Too many reasons we could go round and round the mulberry bush on why she changed.

agree he would have been in jail one September 4th.

One day about 4-5 months ago, there was a Security guard standing outside my Bank (BOA). We started talking because seeing him there was so unusual. He said that he normally is stationed at the Shops of Legacy and that there is so much crime up there I would not believe it. I love going to SOL and I think because it is an upscale area, we have a false impression that it is safe. Not according to the security guard I spoke too and he was very forthcoming with his opinion about this. So clubs or no clubs it does not matter, crime is everywhere!

I wonder what type of crime in general? Theft......I would imagine, but who knows. Possibly assault, dui, due to inebriates after bars close? Interesting.

Wasn't EA Bff's with her X that she tried to contact that night?

the is zero evidence of that and people keep saying that and when questioned no one has been able to provide any information pointing to that beyond they are facebook friends. All signs point to that NOT being true.

The phone can, and does, ping towers even while not in use. The pings are the phone communicating with the tower to let the tower know where to send calls or texts.

What this means to me was the last call or text using her phone was 3:55 am (maybe 3:58? But definitely no later) and based on the video she was seen at the SOL at that time. So logically since no activity happened after that, her last phone use was at SOL.

However, her phone was not completely dead as there are then pings up to at least an hour later which helps show that her phone was traveling outside the areas of the shops and also shows that it appeared to be in the exact same location as EA's phone.

The "last use" info seems to be correct based on cell phone records but the "last use" and "last ping" info are two separate things because the phone pings without active user input. Sometimes tower location is used to see which tower the phone was using during a call or text but that's different than the pinging.
Why don't the two phones ping off the same tower at the same time? There is a difference in the latest listed pings and if they were in the same car...it doesn't make sense.

From what you said...could her phone have received a text or call prior to his phone getting a normal ping and so her phone did not ping again? Or could he have been talking on his phone and it pinged after he hung up? I am confused on this issue.

With no evidence beyond appearances, and without the evidence LE located, HF certainly looks to me like the guy to suspect here, with EA simply a bystander who walked her to her car. No question.

Of course when we hear from LE that you have one person in this case - Enrique Arochi - who was (ALL OF) the last to see her, lied repeatedly to them about what he did in relation to CM that night, who oddly missed work the next morning while lying about his whereabouts, had himself and his car damaged out of the blue during that night with lying "explanation", and compound that with the fact that he had her IN HIS TRUNK after she went missing per the DNA evidence affidavit, then it's a great reminder not to look at appearances.

I agree if this 100% and it describes exactly how I felt. I did not suspect EA at all until the first affidavit came out ... once it came out you couldn't possible convince me he was not responsible unless a TON more evidence came out.

the is zero evidence of that and people keep saying that and when questioned no one has been able to provide any information pointing to that beyond they are facebook friends. All signs point to that NOT being true.
What signs point to it not being true? I am just curious. I don't know one way or another if ALP and EA were buds, but they most likely knew each other from school and through close friendships. That alone would say it is possible they were closer and not just FB friends.

One of the most curious things we have not figured out is why (if indeed he did) EA would have CM's photo on his phone as someone claimed a co-worker of his stated (I have not seen the link to this so disregard if not true).

I agree if this 100% and it describes exactly how I felt. I did not suspect EA at all until the first affidavit came out ... once it came out you couldn't possible convince me he was not responsible unless a TON more evidence came out.
Interesting to look back at how our thinking changed regarding this case. At first I wondered about her boyfriend, but then after I read more about him, it seemed that he probably was guilty of ignoring her more than anything else (in relation to this case, I mean). I started to wonder about EA when I heard he refused to speak with Christina's parents. That just seemed off to me. Then when the first affidavit came out, and many of his lies were exposed, I felt he obviously had something to do with her disappearance. Finally, after we learned that a significant amount of her DNA was found in his trunk, I became, and still am, convinced that he kidnapped her & did god knows what else to her.

Nope. For AK.

I think it's premature for a murder charge, lacking a body. Think we need more time to demonstrate she isn't coming back, ever. As I see it, each day that EA doesn't tell what he did with her when he removed her from his TRUNK (and she was IN HIS TRUNK, so he knows) is one more straw on the back of that old camel's back. If he won't tell for long enough, it'll happen, and I think he'll fry if he doesn't talk.

agree i think there are a few things in play. There is no statue of limitations for murder, Once he is charged the clock starts ticking till they have to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, currently and for the immediate foreseeable future he is out of action, and a murder case would be much easier with a body.

I think they will hold off until when/if:

1. He has the possibility of getting out permanently (i.e. beat the case or gets a light sentence).
2. They think the threat of a capital murder charge will get him to give up her location.
3. They find her remains.
4. Many years down the line they decide there case is unlikely to ever get any better so they give it a shot.

I'm just asking because if that is what LE believes, then I would think they would take any subsequent cell phone pings after the one near his house and up to EA's stop at Kroger. They could then add to that any toll tag hits, TxDOT video, credit card receipts, business or residence video and come up with more precise areas to search for CM. Perhaps they have done this and that is what prompted the search LE did a month or so ago.

Just trying to think of what LE may be doing or could do to attempt to narrow the search area and find Christina.

I think its highly likely that LE has all that information, but if after the 05:32 time he either stopped his phone from pinging or left it somewhere he was not then it would not help.

Why don't the two phones ping off the same tower at the same time? There is a difference in the latest listed pings and if they were in the same car...it doesn't make sense.

From what you said...could her phone have received a text or call prior to his phone getting a normal ping and so her phone did not ping again? Or could he have been talking on his phone and it pinged after he hung up? I am confused on this issue.

Delurking to post, because I was wondering about this too. Someone upthread said that if EA and Christina had different carriers (EA surely had Sprint, don't know who CM had), that that would be a logical explanation, because their cell phones wouldn't ping off the same cell towers, since providers have their own towers. So EA's phone pinged off a differently located tower than CM's, accounting for the time difference if they were moving.

Back to lurking...

I think its highly likely that LE has all that information, but if after the 05:32 time he either stopped his phone from pinging or left it somewhere he was not then it would not help.
When did he take the time to wipe the phone? Was it when he got to work or was it before?

What signs point to it not being true? I am just curious. I don't know one way or another if ALP and EA were buds, but they most likely knew each other from school and through close friendships. That alone would say it is possible they were closer and not just FB friends.

One of the most curious things we have not figured out is why (if indeed he did) EA would have CM's photo on his phone as someone claimed a co-worker of his stated (I have not seen the link to this so disregard if not true).

The signs are if two people where best friends as keeps being stated there tends to be a trail of that out there like them in pictures together, them interacting on facebook, people saying things like the guy who was last seen with her was a causal acquaintance and her ex-bfs best friend. The total lack of any of that is in its absence is a strong sign that they are not best friends. The base assumption is not that two random people that know each other are best friends until proven otherwise. The logical base assumption is that two random people that know each other are just two people that know each other until there is evidence pointing to something beyond that.

As for the second part, that is a Facebook rumor that EA showed a co-work a picture of someone that he thought looked like Christina. It's a facebook rumor and I don't even have first had knowledge of it so I personally don't see the point in debating it.

This last thing is not in any way directed at Seriously searching at all not talking about you just don't want to have to make two post.

I'm I the only one that finds it strange that certain posters (many more than just one) go crazy wanting links for every bit of minutia in the warrant, but yet people can come on here and make wild claims like "we know EA and ALP are best friends" or random facebook rumors and the same people do not seem to have a problem with it at all or at least they don't say anything.

The signs are if two people where best friends as keeps being stated there tends to be a trail of that out there like them in pictures together, them interacting on facebook, people saying things like the guy who was last seen with her was a causal acquaintance and her ex-bfs best friend. The total lack of any of that is in its absence is a strong sign that they are not best friends. The base assumption is not that two random people that know each other are best friends until proven otherwise. The logical base assumption is that two random people that know each other are just two people that know each other until there is evidence pointing to something beyond that.

As for the second part, that is a Facebook rumor that EA showed a co-work a picture of someone that he thought looked like Christina. It's a facebook rumor and I don't even have first had knowledge of it so I personally don't see the point in debating it.

This last thing is not in any way directed at Seriously searching at all not talking about you just don't want to have to make two post.

I'm I the only one that finds it strange that certain posters (many more than just one) go crazy wanting links for every bit of minutia in the warrant, but yet people can come on here and make wild claims like "we know EA and ALP are best friends" or random facebook rumors and the same people do not seem to have a problem with it at all or at least they don't say anything.

Trust me... you are not the only one that finds it strange...

I, too, have noticed the occasional tendency to accept Facebook rumors without question, while contesting the very contents of the affidavits. I just shrug and move on -- what else can you do? [emoji4]

Even if one of the friends from the party wore a wire or had their phone tapped, I don't see how helping out searching for Christina would make them less valueable with LE/making EA confide or whatever in them. I would think it would be less suspicious to help out looking for a friend who went missing than to just abort the friendship all together.

but I do think it's possible that they could have wore a wire or had their phone tapped. I know in texas, only one person has to be aware that a recorded conversation is taking place from what I've read/researched. Other states are different. I learned this bc Verizon kept screwing me on my plan and lying to me so I recorded the convo.

Anyway. Jmo and all that!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members