GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #32 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for: "Detective when pressed by defense: no evidence of sexual assault, DNA doesn't indicate that physical injury happened"

https://twitter.com/CatherineNBC5/status/555812432845623296

She tried to clarify what she tweeted here:

Catherine Ross ‏@CatherineNBC5 - They're trying to make the point that in general, DNA doesn't always mean assault. A little confusing

https://twitter.com/CatherineNBC5/st...12432845623296

We should include her explanation because her tweet is terribly misleading without it.

Conspiracy?! No. Only saying the family put their faith in HF and it was so totally undeserved. Now it has come back to bite them once again. However, we can't trust what HF told them and they repeated here or during interviews etc. because chances are the information is not true. HF fed them a huge pack of lies and they bought them hook, line, and sinker because he "was so sad and cooperative". Now they know he is a liar, drug dealing who faked the tears and the caring about Christina for so long. And we know now it is a fact.

We know that HF is a liar and a drug dealer but how do we know he faked caring about Christina? I don't know any drug dealers but I'm sure they have wives/girlfriends/boyfriends that they care about.

JMO

Some drug overdose can cause bleeding. :blushing:

Agreed! The two that I read about, the young woman in Austin from Dallas and one of the young women from Jaguars Club both had seizure-like activity. When I think about seizure-like activity, I think of epilepsy. I have witnessed several epileptic seizures that involved frothing of the mouth and chewing of the tongue so severely that the tongue has to be stitched and there is blood. Not saying this is what happened to CM or where the blood came from, but that OD's can cause seizures and there can be blood. Probably not as much blood from a punch to the nose or a strike to the head with blunt force trauma, but blood is possible from an OD.

Except for: "Detective when pressed by defense: no evidence of sexual assault, DNA doesn't indicate that physical injury happened"

https://twitter.com/CatherineNBC5/status/555812432845623296

With all due respect, you're making way more out of this than it merits legally in regards to the charges. The law matters.

Yes, that tweet says "There is no evidence of sexual assault...." But, putting that tweet-summary in relation to the law itself, a "SA" element (as an aggravating factor for AK) does not require that the SA actually happened. Very important distinction. And of course, the state has multiple ways to get the Kidnapping bumped up to the AK level, and only needs one.

As an aside, the tweet, in that quick 140-character style jotted in a hurry, does not answer for us "in regards to what?" That is, was it an answer to a blanket question being asked about any evidence, and of any time that night? Was it an opinion, or a fact? Was it the belief of LE in general, or only of this one witness? Or was it simply a question about what this DNA evidence tells and doesn't? We weren't told, and I'd hesitate to make an overly broad assumption on context without the transcript.

I also would note that before we start assuming that LE can't prove this or that in this case, it was made evident Thursday that LE has a metric buttload (that's a technical term, of course :smile: ) of evidence that has yet to be disclosed. The defense tried to get a big peek behind the curtain, but we got only a tiny taste (and, said "tiny taste" had one unexpected item after another) before the judge cut it short and said, "I don't need to hear any more. Request for bail reduction denied." And he essentially slammed the door in the face of the defense trying to finagle an angle a way to see more. (That was what the quashing of the subpoenas duces tecum was all about.)

This should be required reading prior to posting anything here.
1. DNA is CM's blood
2. It came from inside EA's the trunk
3. Today is the 1st time CM family learned about the amount of DNA found
4. Today is the 1st time CM family learned a detective on the case believes CM is dead
5. The Judge stopped the proceedings and denied the Bond reduction while a detective was still on the stand

I wish we could see the facial expressions of EA & supporters from the hearing today.

Though we know just a small amount of LE's case, I believe EA is solely responsible. To answer your questions:

1. I believe EA was looking to score both drugs and sexual relations.
2. Though I think 3 minutes is enough time for EA to assault CM and put her in the trunk, I think it's more likely she was in the front seat when things started to go badly.
3. I believe that's where CM fought with EA (the front seat), while he was driving causing him to wreck. I explain the blood because I believe CM fought like hell against EA, and that is how EA suffered his injuries. I do not believe EA had a weapon.
4. Not sure why it's hard to believe a young, alleged drug dealer that is arguing with his girlfriend may be just enough of a horse's butt to decide he was going to avoid his girlfriend for a few days. I believe if LE had anything to tie ANYONE else to this case, they would have.

^ Insightful words. Clip-n-save.

Especially if one were to snort adderall. (Which is what a lot of young people do)
Last night, I talked with someone who used to do various drugs back in his wild and wooly days (just a few years ago, actually), and he said he would crush up 5 mg tablets of Adderall to snort. Until yesterday (reading here & then talking with him), I had no idea people did this. It seems incredibly stupid, TBH. :/ Anyway, he said they would snort several crushed tablets of Adderall to get the same effect as synthetic meth.

So at this point I guess we wait for more forensics to come back and then does an official trial start?
I'm guessing it could take a year for trial though?
One news outlet reported "no word on when a grand jury will convene."

So at this point I guess we wait for more forensics to come back and then does an official trial start?
I'm guessing it could take a year for trial though?

Brittany Feagans reported the next step was for the PD to file the case with the DA's office.

Me too!! I just can't accept that as a possibility but then again I don't have access to all the cameras from the surrounding businesses like they do. That's such a brazen act, I mean the garage is not enclosed so a chance passerby (which is likely) would have seen him. That's too bold IMO.
I visited the garage and there are two entrances. They walked in the one off Legacy rd., and it is very well lit. It was even harder for me to imagine him intentionally hurting her in that short time frame especially with the possibility of cameras in the garage. I suppose if he was not in his right mind, however, it's more believable. I still won't rule out the possibility of him hitting her accidentally with his car, though.

I've been thinking about the possible involvement of HF.

Obviously I know nothing of the legal process in TX but I understand that yesterday LE said that HF's alibi held up they knew he was in the W in Dallas. I know they didn't actually say that they eliminate him from suspicion but how would they stand if at a later date they decided that they did want to file a charge against him? Have they shot themsleves in the foot by being so clear now?

I would have thought that even if they had the smallest doubt they would have answered the questions differently to allow themselves the option to include him later.

This is only my opinion but my guess is that they know for sure where he was right up until 10.15am the next day.

JMO

@DAnglinFox4: Watching video #EnriqueArochi police interview. He tries to recall everyone w/ their group. Checks FB for some last names. #ChristinaMorris

Since it seems far fetched that he AK her and threw her in his tunk when they left the garage at 4am (to me), does anyone here believe when LE says he put her in the trunk when he left the garage......that they could possibly be talking about the 2nd time he left the garage? I know, nothing ever stated he went back to the garage but they really didn't address the piece about him returning to the SOL area (remember the pinging from Granite pkwy at 4:45).
Did he come back (& enter the garage-maybe the blue martini garage) and that's when AK happened?

If that's the case, then they might have more video of the said altercation, injury &/or SA.

Just thinking out loud, I'm really struggling to believe he AK her at the 4am garage scene.

I visited the garage and there are two entrances. They walked in the one off Legacy rd., and it is very well lit. It was even harder for me to imagine him intentionally hurting her in that short time frame especially with the possibility of cameras in the garage. I suppose if he was not in his right mind, however, it's more believable. I still won't rule out the possibility of him hitting her accidentally with his car, though.

I am thinking about the hitting her with his car also but it just doesn't explain his injuries unless he hit her with his car and she was alive and only injured. He panicked and as he tried to get her into his trunk she fought him. This scenario also doesn't quite tie in the passenger side stuff.

I find it strange that she would text leave the door open, if she knew HF was at the W Hotel as reported by fox news. Did she not know he was at the hotel? 3:50 am and still at the hotel sounds like he spent the night. This just throws a monkey wrench into the whole key things again. http://www.fox4news.com/story/27856631/christina-morris-kidnapping-suspect-hoping-to-get-out-of-jail

I don't really know if this is strange or a monkey wrench. Is it really a big deal if she did not know he was at the hotel? I had heard that he was out partying at a club and her ex was at the same place...she called her ex's phone to try and get to HF that way since he wasn't answering his own phone. That is all just heresay, not sure if its been confirmed or if it even matters....and the fact remains she really had no idea what he was doing all night because he wasn't talking to her. If she wanted him to leave the door unlocked it could of also just been an attempt for her to get him to drop what he was doing and make sure to get home to let her in. Most of us hope our boyfriends or husbands won't want us standing outside not being able to get in. She was probably, MOO, hoping he cared enough to let her in....get home, wake up...whatever he was doing...drop it and go let her inside.... be there... be present...be at the house... a way to force his hand to respond.

The message I heard from SA side is HF was at the W Hotel that night (Friday night).
No timeframe was suggested or detailed. Christina was well and alive at 3:57 a.m.
I haven't a clue where all the speculation about HF having a room at the W is coming from.
Info from the hearing today didn't go into any details but mentioned phone pings.
Newsflash - HF announced he lost his phone which is why he never responded to CM,
Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.
Who gives a hoot about where his phone was pinging especially to prove his whereabouts?
Makes no sense to me, considering the various excuses HF has provided. Sound familiar?
HF could have left the hotel earlier with or without his phone, returned to the hotel after leaving for awhile,
or gone back to his house.
There just aren't enough details to know for sure. Too bad he ignored CM all night. It sucks so bad that he did.

Thinking about this... I have forgotten my phone when I was in a hurry to get out the door to go someplace. Good points made.

I find it strange that she would text leave the door open, if she knew HF was at the W Hotel as reported by fox news. Did she not know he was at the hotel? 3:50 am and still at the hotel sounds like he spent the night. This just throws a monkey wrench into the whole key things again. http://www.fox4news.com/story/27856631/christina-morris-kidnapping-suspect-hoping-to-get-out-of-jail

I'm wondering now if there ever was a text about leaving the door open. It doesn't fit with anything we know, it doesn't seem to make much sense that such a text would have been sent. I know it was reported in MSM but I'm leaning towards that being some kind of mistake.

Maybe LE confronted HF with a text at 3.50, he know he was about drugs and had deleted it so he just made somethinh up that he thought he might get away with.

JMO

I'm curious about who was issued subpoenas for yesterday's hearing but were never served. Do we know who those individuals are? Are any of these people part of the group CM was with that night? Why weren't they served? Are they in hiding?

Feel dumb asking, but how does someone use adderall recreationally? Just swallow it? Crush it and snort it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the above, drink with it... Take other drugs with it, take s
Pre than prescribed. You can drink a lot more when you take adderall and not even feel the alcohol effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about who was issued subpoenas for yesterday's hearing but were never served. Do we know who those individuals are? Are any of these people part of the group CM was with that night? Why weren't they served? Are they in hiding?

No one was hiding. They were all there and 12 were sworn in to testify. But the judge cut short the fishing expedition.

(You don't have to actually be served the subpoena, if you are notified and simply agree to testify and show up. I suspect LE called them, got cooperation, and told the court, "We'll have them there.")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003