GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #35 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a defense attorney, not the prosecution, right?

Oh, I won't be baited into attacking defense attorneys. They are part of the process and the whole process is a wonder! However, although sometimes the innocent get ensnared, more often, the guilty go free!

They may hope all they want. However, if they keep this type of thing up, there is precedent for harassment and emotional distress lawsuits.

EA's parents were not in town the night/morning Christina disappeared. They are not on trial. They shouldn't be pushed. And, legally, they have recourse if CM's family continues to push them, especially at their home.

And, what makes anyone think EA himself will be more likely to open up to anyone if his parents are harassed? Pretty unlikely.

Bad strategy, in my opinion; exacerbating the problem.

Also, the neighbors have complained in the past about the amount of poster being hung in the neighborhood. How long will the neighbors tolerate it as well? Probably not very long.

I feel the same way. It is absolutely heartbreaking that Christina is missing, but I don't like the protesting, I won't say how I really feel other than to say it is not something I condone.

I feel this way because we know his parents were not home, I don't understand why they are at his PARENTS home, when he is not even there. I have no problem with them going to the jail, but to be at his parents home is not right, and they do have grounds for a harassment/emotional distress lawsuit

There are definitely other more constructive things that could be done, rather than protesting at his parents.

. . . and my thought is that EA's attorney's purpose may be to discredit Team Christina, not so much to get the trial moved but to get the eventual judge to issue a gag order. It is undeniable that the publicity hurts his client.

ETA: He is also probably trying to create public backlash. To some extent, this may be working. I talked to a friend this morning who is all sympathy for EA's parents, even though she believes EA did it.

Good point!! I see it on this forum as well. The more KG can get his word out & try to change the mass publics view of EA from being a predator to now a victim (at least until the trial begins-to showcase the evidence)....this is a very good tactic he's playing. Every time the media shows up for Team CM, he's going to step in and cry victim. It just might work, who knows.

Good point!! I see it on this forum as well. The more KG can get his word out & try to change the mass publics view of EA from being a predator to now a victim (at least until the trial begins-to showcase the evidence)....this is a very good tactic he's playing. Every time the media shows up for Team CM, he's going to step in and cry victim. It just might work, who knows.

Hoping most people will see through that charade...

Watch the video again. The attorney didn't ask for that interview....just saying. This was well choreographed IMO.

Has Jonni given up her job now that she's moved to the Plano area? I imagine she might need at least something for day to day living expenses.

My guess on search expenses would be gas to get around, food and drink for the searchers, fees of the PI etc

I don't know how familiar you all are, if at all, with the Madeliene McCann case (I know leep and lolly will be aware of it), there has been a huge amount of controversy about what monies donated by the public has been used for during the years she's been missing. There has been a lot of unpleasantness as there often is where money is concerned - I hope this doesn't happen to Jonni.

JMO

I really pray the fundraising money is being put to good use.. Something seems off about this case an I can't quite put my finger on it.

Hoping most people will see through that charade...

From H.L. Mencken: "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." I think the term "good sense" would work very well in the quote, substituted for "taste."

If the neighbors had any heart they would embrace Christina's family and tolerate their signs and protesting indefinitely. Unlike some children in the neighborhood who have spit at them. If I were Enrique's neighbor, I would open my home to her family and let them use it as home base, restrooms, place to rest, food, water, etc.

No family deserves to not know where their child is.

IIRC, Christina disappeared from Henry's Tavern Parking Garage and not EA's neighborhood (yes - I know LE believes he took her to his home - waiting on DNA evidence still for the answer to that question). Why not protest at Henry's Tavern Parking Garage about poor camera quality and lack of security at Henry's Tavern Parking Garage? Why not protest the friends at the party that night for not being more forthcoming about all that happened that night and why they sent Christina on her merry way with a PO'd drunk person?

It makes them look like they are distracting from the big picture surrounding Christina's disappearance. . .

They need to step back and think about Christina for a moment. I'm sorry they haven't found her. It is sad. But, it is also obvious that protesting is not working. Even if EA knows where he put her, the protesting is not producing any positive results. He's not going anywhere any time soon, and I think there is more to the story than meets the eye.

I really pray the fundraising money is being put to good use.. Something seems off about this case an I can't quite put my finger on it.

You're not the only one. The PI says it's because drugs are involved. I agree. The "friends" are all worried about their CYA mode and it's every man/woman for yourself now. Christina's gone, save yourself....

I have a feeling things are gonna get very ugly very soon...

I think it's gonna get real ugly too before it gets better. I happen to believe the argument that night that has been so downplayed was something that turned quite nasty.

IIRC, Christina disappeared from Henry's Tavern Parking Garage and not EA's neighborhood (yes - I know LE believes he took her to his home - waiting on DNA evidence still for the answer to that question). Why not protest at Henry's Tavern Parking Garage about poor camera quality and lack of security at Henry's Tavern Parking Garage? Why not protest the friends at the party that night for not being more forthcoming about all that happened that night and why they sent Christina on her merry way with a PO'd drunk person?

It makes them look like they are distracting from the big picture surrounding Christina's disappearance. . .

They need to step back and think about Christina for a moment. I'm sorry they haven't found her. It is sad. But, it is also obvious that protesting is not working. Even if EA knows where he put her, the protesting is not producing any positive results. He's not going anywhere any time soon, and I think there is more to the story than meets the eye.

Could not agree more.

I think it's gonna get real ugly too before it gets better. I happen to believe the argument that night that has been so downplayed was something that turned quite nasty.

Hi Boots! Just to be clear, which argument are you referring to? I especially like your comments about where the protests should be held (if they must). I know if it were me, I'd have been all over those girls as much as I was EA. I have been very curious about what was said between ALP and HF that night, too. And I will never get over HF not reporting her missing! Even if they were mad at each other, you would think one would have sent the other a text or something..?

FWIW, I heard the death penalty is off the table for Jesse Matthews, Hannah Graham's killer. JMO, but the prosecution has made a deal with the devil himself.

When I look at EA, I don't see a Jesse Matthews, nor do I see a death penalty case if this ever goes to trial. I don't see a big time drug dealer dealing bad drugs either.

I do see a young man who has made some bad choices in friends and in his lifestyle, and at his age I don't think this is uncommon. I don't know what happened at 4:00 a.m. that morning in the parking garage, and as a good poster said, we may never know. Sad, but true.

FWIW, I heard the death penalty is off the table for Jesse Matthews, Hannah Graham's killer. JMO, but the prosecution has made a deal with the devil himself.

When I look at EA, I don't see a Jesse Matthews, nor do I see a death penalty case if this ever goes to trial. I don't see a big time drug dealer dealing bad drugs either.

I do see a young man who has made some bad choices in friends and in his lifestyle, and at his age I don't think this is uncommon. I don't know what happened at 4:00 a.m. that morning in the parking garage, and as a good poster said, we may never know. Sad, but true.

Jesse Matthew Jr. was charged in Albemarle County with the murder of Hannah Graham, a University of Virginia student reported missing before she was found dead on property in the county. WUSA

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...irst-degree-murder-of-hannah-graham/23157429/

Matthew is charged with abduction with intent to defile in the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham in Charlottesville, Va. The maximum penalty for the murder charge, and the abduction with intent to defile charge, is life in prison, according to Lunsford.

* See the indictment against Matthew here.

* City of Charlottesville nolle prosequi documents in Matthew's pending case

* Additional document

Oh, I understand and appreciate the "time filler" and curiosity aspects of talking about various what-if's as to things that don't really matter. But I wanted to mention that, imo they don't move the needle on the prosecution of the case against EA. At times, it seems to me that while we speculate on these insignificant unknowns, we can forget that LE has already said, "This is the guy who abducted and killed CM" with the belief they already have plenty to prove the AK and probably more.

LE doesn't have the final word though. A jury of twelve people will decide.
The judicial system doesn't consist of only LE. :thinking:
LE is one segment of the system (for good reasons). IMO

Sometimes over confidence bites people in the butt!

This is certainly not a "legal opinion," but in my personal view, the idea that CM's family is somehow stepping over the legal line in protesting and asking for answers, and at risk of incurring a lawsuit, is incredibly silly.

The law matters. Details matter. The differences in what the Smolinskis did, and what's happening here, are huge.

The Arochi's are not being accused by CM's family of involvement in CM's disappearance, nor any other illegalities. They are simply asking EA's family to get answers from him that he won't provide. From how I see it, they have every right to keep asking within certain general boundaries.

Are they protesting at night and disturbing sleep? Nope. Are they trespassing on private property? Nope. Are they using bullhorns or other obtrusive noise to bother the Arochi's and their neighbors? Nope.

The concept of having a right to protest in a way that makes someone else uncomfortable, to insist on an answer where none is being supplied, is certainly part of the fabric of our society and within legal bounds. The first amendment protects the rights of the Morris family to legally protest and air their issues in public, where they may be seen or heard by the ones they wish to hear them.

We have to remember that this is the CIVILIZED way that "my family" tries to get things made right from someone in "your family." In other societies, and in other times, one family might take up arms against another, or one country against another, to get the scales balanced. Here, it's standing on a sidewalk with signs asking for answers - relatively speaking, this is NOT a big deal in the bigger picture.

While it may be a bother to the Arochi family, the truth is that free speech can indeed be a bother to those who would rather not hear you. But, the law says, to some extent it's too bad. As long as the protests stay within some general bounds (and it appears the Morris family is doing just that), they should be able to continue to "seek redress" from the Arochi's with their signs and presence, and hope it will bring the desired result.

Why doesn't this thread say "ACTIVE SEARCH" on it anymore?

This is certainly not a "legal opinion," but in my personal view, the idea that CM's family is somehow stepping over the legal line in protesting and asking for answers, and at risk of incurring a lawsuit, is incredibly silly.

The law matters. Details matter. The differences in what the Smolinskis did, and what's happening here, are huge.

The Arochi's are not being accused by CM's family of involvement in CM's disappearance, nor any other illegalities. They are simply asking EA's family to get answers from him that he won't provide. From how I see it, they have every right to keep asking within certain general boundaries.

Are they protesting at night and disturbing sleep? Nope. Are they trespassing on private property? Nope. Are they using bullhorns or other obtrusive noise to bother the Arochi's and their neighbors? Nope.

The concept of having a right to protest in a way that makes someone else uncomfortable, to insist on an answer where none is being supplied, is certainly part of the fabric of our society and within legal bounds. The first amendment protects the rights of the Morris family to legally protest and air their issues in public, where they may be seen or heard by the ones they wish to hear them.

While it may be a bother to the Arochi family, the truth is that free speech can indeed be a bother to those who would rather not hear you. But, the law says, to some extent it's too bad. As long as the protests stay within some general bounds (and it appears the Morris family is doing just that), they should be able to continue to "seek redress" from the Arochi's with their signs and presence, and hope it will bring the desired result.

:seeya: Huge fan of free speech! But, the protesting is affecting the entire neighborhood. I agree the first protests did accomplish getting Arochi on tape talking where everything could be dissected and re-dissected. I don't think the protesting is going to get a confession from him. He has a lawyer. His parents have no control over him whatsoever. They can't convince him to tell where the body is. I think he has enough wherewithal to listen to his lawyer and not talk. It's in his best interest not to talk. Personally, I think it would be in Christina's best interest if her family backed off of EA's family and let the justice system take its course.

Same feeling I always had during the Anthony case.
Lots of people wanted me to shut my pie hole.
No one ever acknowledged my unanswered questions (that they felt didn't need answers to prior to trial) when the case was over either.
I'm sticking to my guns and acknowledge when I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member