GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #35 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad boys and sexy type women.
We need to promote new role models for young women.
How can we get out from under this common trap?

Just struck me (at a deeper level) that the stories behind Christina's role models are
pretty tragic. Also outdated personas (my mother's era).
I made a joke myself about being Marilyn Monroe. Why would I want to be her? Crazy.

Guess I got lucky with my daughter.. My wife & I have pretty much been her role models. She was NEVER a problem & now has a family of her own. She's a few years older than CM (as I've mentioned on here before, her name is also Christina Marie...)

I don't understand the back and forth. Christina is missing. Her parents want her home one way or another. EA is likely guilty. Her boyfriend was a drug dealer. Her friends suck. She's most likely deceased. EA is in jail for her disappearance. I'm not surprised this case has fallen to page 2. MOOO

Guess I got lucky with my daughter.. My wife & I have pretty much been her role models. She was NEVER a problem & now has a family of her own. She's a few years older than CM (as I've mentioned on here before, her name is also Christina Marie...)

That's awesome. Yay for you.

This has become too quiet....Where is Christina? Last ping from her phone was near Granite Parkway, Plano, Tx. Her DNA was in EA trunk and both cell phone pings hit that area around 5am. EA couldn't of hid CM this well? Or did he pass her off and she is alive somewhere else? EA was so slopy throughout his crime, he can't be this clean on hiding CM.....Or can he? Wtf? Where is Christina?

Some people take things very literal, so IMO it's not obvious. There are vigilante whackadoos all over.

I would hope no one would go that route, but it happens.

If my child was missing, yes, I'd do anything to find them, but I would also make sure I did not do anything that could throw a kink in the wheels of justice. I hope I never have to be in that situation.

MOO

Well, then, I seriously doubt they would announce their intentions on WS first.
Now, I'll stand aside and let you have the last word. Lol....don't take my jesting seriously.

This has become too quiet....Where is Christina? Last ping from her phone was near Granite Parkway, Plano, Tx. Her DNA was in EA trunk and both cell phone pings hit that area around 5am. EA couldn't of hid CM this well? Or did he pass her off and she is alive somewhere else? EA was so slopy throughout his crime, he can't be this clean on hiding CM.....Or can he? Wtf? Where is Christina?

At this point, I believe it's up to the state to prove. Let's hope they have enough.

With the kindness, compassion and common sense you have consistently shown here, I can understand why your daughter was never a problem. Kudos to you.

I'd like to think most people don't have a vigilante attitude and want the justice system to do their thing, working as intended. On WS we theorize & voice our opinions about what happened, when, why, who, etc..

There is certainly damning evidence against EA & personally I think he is 100% responsible for the kidnapping of CM and more than likely her demise. I think he may or may not have had help afterwards.. don't know.

With that said and the "damning evidence" that we now know of, it would be extremely hard for me (as a parent) to just sit back & say "well, EA is innocent until proven guilty, so back off of him".. not gonna happen! That's just the reality of it, folks.. But, of course I would let the courts/jury decide his fate...

Amen. Well said.

Honestly, Imo, hiding a body is probably one of the easier aspects of committing a crime like this one appears to be. And a certain amount of luck, in that no one happens to look in the exact spot. It's a big world, TX is a big state, and bodies take up very little space. If LE has all of EA's pings, with no gaps, then they may have already searched close to where she is...we have seen searchers miss bodies often. Or (less likely Imo, but possible) EA could have moved Christina, within the first few days, or anytime up until he was arrested, really.

Really, it will be a huge stroke of luck when/if she is found, Imo, unless of course he confesses sometime in the future. Jmo

How long after the grand jury hears/decides on the charge(s), will we see any movement in the case?

(IMO AFAIK etc etc)
1 It may be quite some time before it even goes to the GJ. It is up to LE as to when it gets sent there, and I believe their deadline isn't until June. But they could always do it much sooner, if they wanted to.
2 After the GJ issues an indictment, the case gets sent to the criminal (district) court for trial.
3 In the the criminal (district) court, the schedule is under the judge's discretion. Things like the court's case load, disclosure, pre-trial motions, delays in evidence testing, and the amount of evidence in the case can add delays. If at some point they decide to add a murder charge, that can also slow the process.
4 Without anything unusual, we can probably expect to see an AK trial start maybe 4 to 6 months after the indictment, so educ guess says we're probably looking at a trial in the fall (starting Sept-Oct). But if they wait until the last minute to pursue the indictment, then the trial will probably end up early 2016, because they are unlikely to want to have a jury and witnesses tied up during the holidays.

Regarding the case going to a grand jury, every case is unique and state laws vary but no-body cases in Florida seem to take a long time. I saw this story yesterday. It was 18 months before MPD & FL DA felt they had enough evidence to charge this guy even with quite a bit of incriminating evidence:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article8900132.html

In the 2nd no body case mentioned, it was 20 years before trial! (Convicted.) And in the 3rd one, the victim's blood was found in the defendants car. She vanished in 2007. I don't know how long the cops had the evidence or when the defendants were arrested.

Bad boys and sexy type women.
We need to promote new role models for young women.
How can we get out from under this common trap?

Just struck me (at a deeper level) that the stories behind Christina's role models are
pretty tragic. Also outdated personas (my mother's era).
I made a joke myself about being Marilyn Monroe. Why would I want to be her? Crazy.
I agree on better role models. I will not listen to certain musicians or watch some shows even if I like it because I'm pretty grossed out by certain "celebrities" and the way they present themselves. As far as role models in the real world, sometimes it's just not enough. I think guys and gals both go through different seasons in their life. A lot come out on top, whereas others get stuck in the ebb. I, myself, threw a party once that lasted a couple years and I had huge aspirations and a wonderful support system. I did, however, have a "fix it" attitude towards the influential man in my life (bad boy) and believed that love was enough. It happens to the best of us. O/T but you bring up a good point.

Honestly, Imo, hiding a body is probably one of the easier aspects of committing a crime like this one appears to be. And a certain amount of luck, in that no one happens to look in the exact spot. It's a big world, TX is a big state, and bodies take up very little space. If LE has all of EA's pings, with no gaps, then they may have already searched close to where she is...we have seen searchers miss bodies often. Or (less likely Imo, but possible) EA could have moved Christina, within the first few days, or anytime up until he was arrested, really.

Really, it will be a huge stroke of luck when/if she is found, Imo, unless of course he confesses sometime in the future. Jmo

Also just an opinion:

I agree IF he had an accomplice. Without one, I think the possible locations are substantially reduced, especially given the prevalence of video surveillance cameras, toll data, vehicles with ACARS-like data collection, On*Star, cell phone data, and the fact that he was in a sports car (vs a 4 wheel drive) and likely would not have carried a body very far from his car.

As far as a jailhouse snitch's testimony, if it produces a body, great. If not, his testimony wouldn't carry much weight with me unless there was a lot of other evidence to support it.

JMO

(IMO AFAIK etc etc)
1 It may be quite some time before it even goes to the GJ. It is up to LE as to when it gets sent there, and I believe their deadline isn't until June. But they could always do it much sooner, if they wanted to.
2 After the GJ issues an indictment, the case gets sent to the criminal (district) court for trial.
3 In the the criminal (district) court, the schedule is under the judge's discretion. Things like the court's case load, disclosure, pre-trial motions, delays in evidence testing, and the amount of evidence in the case can add delays. If at some point they decide to add a murder charge, that can also slow the process.
4 Without anything unusual, we can probably expect to see an AK trial start maybe 4 to 6 months after the indictment, so educ guess says we're probably looking at a trial in the fall (starting Sept-Oct). But if they wait until the last minute to pursue the indictment, then the trial will probably end up early 2016, because they are unlikely to want to have a jury and witnesses tied up during the holidays.

SteveS if they convicted him of AK then later find her body would they bother to try him then for murder (i guess it depends how many years he got).

Its probably one of the worst things in the US that a murder conviction (in most cases) needs a body while in the UK you only need to have evidence of a murder and don't have to rely on a body also we've got rid of the stupid double jeopardy law now as well thank god. MOO

Do you think the TX criminal (district) court will try him for murder without her body ?

What im saying is i want EA to pay the ultimate price for what hes done to Cristina Morris and her family and friends and AK not going to do that. JMO MOO IMO

I get what you're saying... But if it were me, and I were missing, no quoted tattoo or love of some old actress would change that I want my family to know where I am. Maybe never know what happened, but let the family not wonder where their baby is anymore.

I think the idea of the cell mate getting him to talk is probably not going to happen. Tweeting the brother angry tweets probably won't work either. But, I don't blame anyone for trying because if someone TOOK my child? Best believe, I would do many things to find them again. Pretty sure any parent would go to great lengths to know where their child is.

I just think if I was missing I wouldn't probably care about being "nice" anymore since whoever took me wasn't too nice.
Yes, yes, this. A thousand times, this.

Regarding the case going to a grand jury, every case is unique and state laws vary but no-body cases in Florida seem to take a long time. I saw this story yesterday. It was 18 months before MPD & FL DA felt they had enough evidence to charge this guy even with quite a bit of incriminating evidence:

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article8900132.html

In the 2nd no body case mentioned, it was 20 years before trial! (Convicted.) And in the 3rd one, the victim's blood was found in the defendants car. She vanished in 2007. I don't know how long the cops had the evidence or when the defendants were arrested.

This is not no-body murder case, so you're comparing apples to oranges. Both Kidnapping and Murder are crimes, but not the same elements to prove.

With EA's crime against CM, it's a never-seen-again abduction, and an arrest for that abduction. There is no need to prove a death, and the lack of Christina's whereabouts ever since will actually help further validate she was abducted.

At some point, they may opt to pursue capital murder charges as well, and go for the death penalty for what he's done, but they don't have to at this time, if they don't want to. And the AK can put him away forever so there's really no incentive to add the murder charge unless they have plenty to prove the murder with the capital elements. That having been said, murder-without-a-body charges are very doable.

What if this was all about drugs? I'm not saying that it was, but it's interesting to look at things from a different angle.

- EA wanted marijuana and rock cocaine, and was using Christina for her contacts
- As HF was not responding, she contacted ALP to see if he had any (this did not produce results)
- Christina sent coded message to HS about "lost keys" which possibly meant a lost sale if he didn't respond.
- By the time they reached the garage, EA was getting really frustrated and sent the "good rock" message to HF
- Christina using his phone sends two more messages (voice and text) unfortunately we don't know the content
- EA decides he wants to drive to Christina's home to see if he can get drugs from HF
- Christina objects, possibly because she is not sure if HF is there, or she doesn't feel comfortable taking him home.
- EA snaps - attacks Christina and bundles her into his vehicle and takes off.

If Christina was doing EA a favour by trying to obtain drugs for him, was she under the impression that he needed them that night? If so, that would necessitate him either going somewhere to purchase them, or the dealer meeting him somewhere. This was 4:00am in the morning, so it was no surprise she was not having much luck getting him what he wanted. Why couldn't he call around himself the next day? It sounds like there was some urgency as far as EA was concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal