GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #35 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look the attorney said he thinks them doing the protesting is almost guaranteeing the trial will not be held in Collin county. Do you agree Steve?

Obvsly, the attorney is referring to Christina's family. Wish he could talk Enrique into telling her location!

No, he's referring to EA's family being unfairly hassled.. claims they don't know anything, so the picketing is useless..

No, he's referring to EA's family being unfairly hassled.. claims they don't anything, so the picketing is useless..
Yeeaahh, that was wishful thinking on my part. I always hope ppl will do the right thing even if it's not in their best interest (i.e., financial interest for the attorney in this situation), but then I'm a dreamer.

I felt like the attorney was in desperation mode.. he already knows this case is probably a lost cause...

Oh look the attorney said he thinks them doing the protesting is almost guaranteeing the trial will not be held in Collin county. Do you agree Steve?

I don't think what's being done really changes whether the trial is held here or elsewhere, and I don't think the venue will change the outcome. The evidence is still the same - EA was the last person she was ever seen with, CM's DNA was found IN HIS TRUNK, he lied and lied and lied to try to keep anyone from knowing what happened that night, and she has never been seen or heard from again. The compelling and damning nature of those simple truths when taken together will still be true no matter where they hold the trial.

As for what was said on the TV report (thanks to SaintGirl for the heads up!!):

I don't put much stock in "lawyer talk" to the press. FWIW I didn't see anything particularly new or unexpected. The family is simply doing what they can do legally, to put pressure on EA - and imo that's exactly what they need to be doing since EA knows where he took Christina out of his trunk. The attorney for EA is simply doing his job, trying to deflect the attention from his client and talking about a "day in court" without any claims about a case in which he hasn't even seen the evidence. Pretty standard fare, going through the process.

I felt like the attorney was in desperation mode.. he already knows this case is probably a lost cause...

IMO yes it's totally a lost cause for EA, just based on what we've already seen. And there's supposed to be a ton more.

However, I can't imagine EA's attorney is writing this one off. Not yet. It would be a significant mistake on his part, if he has already drawn a conclusion, because he hasn't even seen the evidence against his client yet. As an attorney, ya never know until ya know. He's been around the block before.

But I do think, once he gets a full look at the deck stacked against EA, he'll try to work a plea deal with LE in exchange for info on the location of Christina. That's the best service he can provide his client when there's virtually no nope - try to make a bit of lemonade out of the lemons. And offering up a guilty plea on a sure loser won't get him anywhere, it'll take more.

Keith Gore was so ridiculous he reminded me of EA. Just like when EA had all the local news at his home claiming he was a victim himself....simply disgusting....I did love seeing Ann, Mark and Jonni just being calm and standing their ground moving forward towards justice!

Regarding Gore's response to CM "get EA to talk", he says "the Arochi's don't know anything".....my anger level rose. I agree he's being coy, typical defense talk but WHY go that low?

Just say the obvious: he needs his day in court, he needs a fair trial, much more to this case than what's been released, etc etc etc.......

No , Gore chose to say that they simply don't know anything! I suppose this answer is according to EA. And that's what makes me more angry. I bet he's planning to plea not guilty. Whatever he pleads holds no significance to the outcome of his demise BUT I would hope I didn't hear that for the sake of CM family & any chance of recovery.

What if EA really cannot remember where he put Christina's body?

Maybe he has borderline personality disorder too &/or PTSD, or blacked out like other guilty killers who have amnesia but that's no defense. It's completely devastating for CM's family for sure!! Let's hope he can remember at the last hour of this trial.

Regarding Gore's response to CM "get EA to talk", he says "the Arochi's don't know anything".....my anger level rose. I agree he's being coy, typical defense talk but WHY go that low?

Just say the obvious: he needs his day in court, he needs a fair trial, much more to this case than what's been released, etc etc etc.......

No , Gore chose to say that they simply don't know anything! I suppose this answer is according to EA. And that's what makes me more angry. I bet he's planning to plea not guilty. Whatever he pleads holds no significance to the outcome of his demise BUT I would hope I didn't hear that for the sake of CM family & any chance of recovery.

BBM - do you think he's deliberately missing the point or does he not understand that the protests are in an effort to get the Arochis to get EA to talk. In the report MM says quite clearly "All we're urging them is to speak to Enrique."

I know that I don't understand the US legal system but does KG think that people won't listen to the family and read what they say, who's he trying to kid?

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...a-wont-relent-in-pursuit-of-answers/23156131/

JMO

What if EA really cannot remember where he put Christina's body?

Imo no matter how wasted you are, disposing of a body isn't something you can forget. He probably wishes he could.
Especially if you were sober enough to drive around after the party...he knows.

Imo no matter how wasted you are, disposing of a body isn't something you can forget. He probably wishes he could.
Especially if you were sober enough to drive around after the party...he knows.

Oooh, I don't know. I am not saying that he does not remember disposing of a body. I am sure he remembers. What I am saying is he was probably banging around in his car at night damaging that precious vehicle and driving who knows where down dark roads. (Can't you see him cutting off his lights like people do on television?) He comes to a likely place, znd because he has been driving hither and thither, wasting precious time, he stops, conceals her in some brush, and finds his way home. Since he is wasted, I can definitely see him getting lost. However, just speaking from my own personal perspective, I can get lost in my small town in broad daylight. I am one of those people with a poor sense of direction, which is why I actually have a compass mounted on my dash.

BBM - do you think he's deliberately missing the point or does he not understand that the protests are in an effort to get the Arochis to get EA to talk. In the report MM says quite clearly "All we're urging them is to speak to Enrique."

I know that I don't understand the US legal system but does KG think that people won't listen to the family and read what they say, who's he trying to kid?

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...a-wont-relent-in-pursuit-of-answers/23156131/

JMO
I'm not sure what KG is doing, maybe he didn't understand. Since he's representing EA and not the parents, I believe he's speaking on behalf of EA, not them.

Daisy trail, I can totally see that happening too. He did mention in one of the interviews that he doesn't have a good sense of direction, especially when he's wasted (not quoted exactly here) but I can see that. His precious car was damaged, which could have fueled even more rage & disorganized thinking.

I seriously doubt LE is going to offer a plea that doesn't include a specific location. I hope he doesn't get a plea. What's disheartening is for CM family to have to live with the possibility of her never being found.

I get so angry but then I have to remember if "according to EA" he doesn't know anything, I have to wonder WHY am I believing a compulsive liar this time......

I'm not sure what KG is doing, maybe he didn't understand. Since he's representing EA and not the parents, I believe he's speaking on behalf of EA, not them.

Daisy trail, I can totally see that happening too. He did mention in one of the interviews that he doesn't have a good sense of direction, especially when he's wasted (not quoted exactly here) but I can see that. His precious car was damaged, which could have fueled even more rage & disorganized thinking.

I seriously doubt LE is going to offer a plea that doesn't include a specific location. I hope he doesn't get a plea. What's disheartening is for CM family to have to live with the possibility of her never being found.

I get so angry but then I have to remember if "according to EA" he doesn't know anything, I have to wonder WHY am I believing a compulsive liar this time......

Unless EA is a complete idiot. He will follow the advice of his attorney. I think we can assume that most of what comes from EA from this point on will be vetted by the lawyer. Unless he turns out to be some sort of loose-cannon-nightmare-client like Jodie Arias. What I am wondering is if EA's team really want a change of venue, and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member