GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #36 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did she send HF away from the scene to the OK area?
Why did all the communications these young ones had suddenly stop for four days? Hmmmm

jmo

Can you please provide a link saying that all communication stopped between these people for four days? As far as I know, we haven't learned of anyone's full phone records for the 4 day period. TIA!

Can you please provide a link saying that all communication stopped between these people for four days? As far as I know, we haven't learned of anyone's full phone records for the 4 day period. TIA!
Well...we know Christina didn't talk to anyone. No one reported her missing and no one called her parents to inquire about her. If someone or many tried to get in touch with her repeatedly...it would make sense for them to question why no return calls. No one has mentioned any other calls including Jonni.

Perhaps. It's smart from a strategic standpoint as a defendant, to wait and see the evidence before negotiating, but it's risky in his situation - - each day has the chance to be THE DAY that CM is found and he loses the biggest bargaining chip he has, and the desire by LE to offer him anything goes away.

This just makes me think the arrogance of EA, he really doesn't think he's done anything wrong! He probably has started to believe his own lies.

Or... He knows CM isn't going to be found.

Well...we know Christina didn't talk to anyone. No one reported her missing and no one called her parents to inquire about her. If someone or many tried to get in touch with her repeatedly...it would make sense for them to question why no return calls. No one has mentioned any other calls including Jonni.

Not reporting her missing for 4 days and "all communication stopped between these people for four days" are quite different things. I like to keep the facts straight and if something is stated as fact, I'd like to see a link to back it up. Just because something hasn't been mentioned does not mean we can insert our own conclusion as fact.

I like your confidence and conviction. Unfortunately, it isn't persuasive enough to allow me overlook the fact that the onus is on the state to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt, not the defense.JMO

Maybe you think the prosecution has more to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" than they actually do (which is a common mistake). But the law itself, and the way trials are conducted, will limit the scope, and render most of these defense theories meaningless. (In fact, some/most may not even be able to make it into the trial at all.)

Can I be wrong on the ultimate outcome? Well sure. In theory, a jury can do anything (although those odd juries are the extreme exception rather than the rule) or a prosecutor can be awful (although I have no reason to think that will be the case), but the evidence here is compelling from a legal standpoint. I have seen convictions obtained on FAR less than they appear to have here.

Almost by itself, the fact that EA put her IN HIS TRUNK is going to eliminate 99% or more of the defense distractions from being a factor.

I think EA's likely to get 99 years on the AK, based only on what we know so far - - and, I take them at face value when they essentially say there's way more we haven't even seen yet. IMO his only way to ever see the outside of a prison in his lifetime would be to work a deal while he still has a chance.

Maybe you think the prosecution has more to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" than they actually do (which is a common mistake). But the law itself, and the way trials are conducted, will limit the scope, and render most of these defense theories meaningless. (In fact, some/most may not even be able to make it into the trial at all.)

Can I be wrong on the ultimate outcome? Well sure. In theory, a jury can do anything (although those odd juries are the extreme exception rather than the rule) or a prosecutor can be awful (although I have no reason to think that will be the case), but the evidence here is compelling from a legal standpoint. I have seen convictions obtained on FAR less than they appear to have here.

Almost by itself, the fact that EA put her IN HIS TRUNK is going to eliminate 99% or more of the defense distractions from being a factor.

I think EA's likely to get 99 years on the AK, based only on what we know so far - - and, I take them at face value when they essentially say there's way more we haven't even seen yet. IMO his only way to ever see the outside of a prison in his lifetime would be to work a deal while he still has a chance.

I believed that too in the Heather Elvis case. Now boom, bail granted and le had squat. They will be lucky if they can get anything to stick now. Shocked the heck out of everyone. You can never predict what can happen and how strong a case is.

I believed that too in the Heather Elvis case. Now boom, bail granted and le had squat. They will be lucky if they can get anything to stick now. Shocked the heck out of everyone. You can never predict what can happen and how strong a case is.
Holly Bobo's case is going up in flames, too.

I can't say I am really surprised about Heather Elvis' case. They had the same problem going in as with this case when they tried to say Heather was abducted and murdered in a 2 minute time window. (Of course, there are other issues with Heather's case with the mix up of DNA coming from her own car etc) That case is a defense attorney's dream.

Casey Anthony. 'Nuff said.

Holly Bobo's case is going up in flames, too.

I can't say I am really surprised about Heather Elvis' case. They had the same problem going in as with this case when they tried to say Heather was abducted and murdered in a 2 minute time window. (Of course, there are other issues with Heather's case with the mix up of DNA coming from her own car etc) That case is a defense attorney's dream.

I was afraid that was going to happen. I had hope, but I just got the gut feeling it was going to crash. It's so sad. Heather's case I knew le was going to fast and it bite them in the butt. I don't think Heather will ever be found. The only thing I see happening with them is the fraud case, and that will be a slap on the wrist.

Balor and SS, with all due respect, the quality of the evidence in other cases really doesn't tell us anything about the quality of the evidence against EA in this case. Every case lives in its own world, to some degree. Weak evidence in those other cases won't get EA out of jail or a lesser sentence.

As to the Elvis or Anthony cases, I know nothing nor care to belatedly review the quality of evidence. Sorry about that.

As to the Bobo case, I have followed it for about a year, off and on. In that thread, I have noted for quite some time that we the public have yet to see anything compelling that links those defendants to that crime, so the idea that THAT case has problems isn't a new development, at least not to me. And the prosecution has been a total mess in simply following legal procedure, so there's that. Hopefully they'll figure it out, and have much better evidence than we know, but so far we don't see a case worth much.

As to this CM case, I think the evidence we've seen is compelling and EA imo is toast.

Every case is different.

That is unfortunate. Sounds like the family may be producing the opposite of the reactions they hoped. I feared this, as many people will see EA's family as "underdogs" being persecuted for the acts of a family member, which is never popular in the US. Even though Christina is the victim, she is getting lost in the methods being used to protest/publicize her disappearance. An arrest has been made, a trial will take place, lots of people probably feel that is the proper scheme of things.

Of course it is tragic that she has not been found. But this was never going to make that happen. Jmo

Your point is taken, but, well, again, hard to know what would make that happen. If your child were missing, wouldn't you try anything that might produce results? If you are the parent of a missing child, I imagine ruffling the feathers of a few folks is pretty far down the list of things to worry about. I also imagine answering to one's own sense of duty and responsibility in what decisions you make to try to find your missing child would outweigh what anyone else might think about those decisions. IMO

The picketing appears to be a legal action, and it is something the Find CM team has decided has merit, at this time. Debating the wisdom of the picketing seems a no-win kind of discussion. Except I guess it shows CM isn't getting lost in the methods, at least around here--we are all talking about the case!

Your point is taken, but, well, again, hard to know what would make that happen. If your child were missing, wouldn't you try anything that might produce results? If you are the parent of a missing child, I imagine ruffling the feathers of a few folks is pretty far down the list of things to worry about. I also imagine answering to one's own sense of duty and responsibility in what decisions you make to try to find your missing child would outweigh what anyone else might think about those decisions. IMO

The picketing appears to be a legal action, and it is something the Find CM team has decided has merit, at this time. Debating the wisdom of the picketing seems a no-win kind of discussion. Except I guess it shows CM isn't getting lost in the methods, at least around here--we are all talking about the case!

Not directed at you, but just piggy backing on your post. BBM

The sad thing is the conversation is no longer about where she can be found, but just a back and forth about picketing/no picketing, Arochi family being victims/not victims, lawyers are scumbags/not scumbags, etc etc
LE has a person in jail. We await a trial. The reason to keep this conversation going is to find CM, but I'm afraid our conversations have reached a dead end. When we try to bring up details to think of where she can be found, where she was hidden, it seems to go nowhere. Such a shame. Knowing she was in a trunk and the owner of the trunk is in jail is not enough for me. How and why she was placed in the trunk and what transpired to lead up to and follow her being placed in there is key to finding her remains. I'm not sure this case is as cut and dry as it may seem to some, but we may never know the whole story.

Back to silently reading. Not sure what compelled me to comment.:lurk:

Balor and SS, with all due respect, the quality of the evidence in other cases really doesn't tell us anything about the quality of the evidence against EA in this case. Every case lives in its own world, to some degree. Weak evidence in those other cases won't get EA out of jail or a lesser sentence.

As to the Elvis or Anthony cases, I know nothing nor care to belatedly review the quality of evidence. Sorry about that.

As to the Bobo case, I have followed it for about a year, off and on. In that thread, I have noted for quite some time that we the public have yet to see anything compelling that links those defendants to that crime, so the idea that THAT case has problems isn't a new development, at least not to me. And the prosecution has been a total mess in simply following legal procedure, so there's that. Hopefully they'll figure it out, and have much better evidence than we know, but so far we don't see a case worth much.

As to this CM case, I think the evidence we've seen is compelling and EA imo is toast.

Every case is different.

I think the point is, what is said and what they actually have can be two different things. Have you been involved with very many cases, or is this your first one? I'm seriously asking. Many people have had the rope ready and the electrical charge fired up only to be disappointed . And just for kicks, I'm not on anyone one side. I'm for CM being found and justice to prevail, the right and proper way. No matter who did it. And IN THE TRUNK means very little at this point. I have seen cases where semen was all over the victims genitals, inside and out, the DNA matched the perpetrator, DNA under her nails, you name it was there. He walked! Evidence in his house and car. He walked. So, I will wait till trial. Because no one knows what can happen. This is my opinion, personal, professional. Mine alone. ;)

The sad thing is the conversation is no longer about where she can be found, but just a back and forth about picketing/no picketing, Arochi family being victims/not victims, lawyers are scumbags/not scumbags, etc etc
LE has a person in jail. We await a trial. The reason to keep this conversation going is to find CM, but I'm afraid our conversations have reached a dead end. When we try to bring up details to think of where she can be found, where she was hidden, it seems to go nowhere. Such a shame. Knowing she was in a trunk and the owner of the trunk is in jail is not enough for me. How and why she was placed in the trunk and what transpired to lead up to and follow her being placed in there is key to finding her remains. I'm not sure this case is as cut and dry as it may seem to some, but we may never know the whole story.

Cookie, I for one like when you comment. Your thoughts and opinions are very important.

Nailed it, CookieM!
And JMO...there will be many surprises when all the facts are revealed.

Amen!

Every case is different.
It is unfortunate you aren't interested in other cases which have a few parallels to this case. The knowledge learned from those cases can be applicable here.

The delay of a missing person report, body transported in trunk, tunnel vision of LE and DA, and the list continues to grow of comparisons to the Anthony case. Everyone (almost) thought Casey was "toast" and the evidence was beyond compelling, but they were wrong. Casey walked. They could not prove to a jury she committed the murder or disposed of Caylee even with the body and evidence leading right back to the A fam home. They had far more evidence than in Christina's case.

Not reporting her missing for 4 days and "all communication stopped between these people for four days" are quite different things. I like to keep the facts straight and if something is stated as fact, I'd like to see a link to back it up. Just because something hasn't been mentioned does not mean we can insert our own conclusion as fact.
I stand corrected and I deleted my other posts.

MCELROY: I first learned -- I started to notice, and it was weird, that I haven`t gotten text messages back to my replies for a couple days. Me and her always will send messages. I will send her "Good morning, sunshine, hope you have a wonderful day" or "I love you the mostest."

And then about the third day, I get a phone call from one of her best friends let me know that she was very worried about Christina, because she had not heard from her either. And then her boss was very kind of frantic that Christina didn`t show up for work for two days, because Christina has never missed work.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1409/08/ijvm.01.html

Not to pick...really...but it does surprise me that Jonny did not react more strenuously when Christina did not answer her texts. Especially if she knew anything about HF and their relationship, but even if not. I wonder what she thought about Christina not replying to her texts. Was it common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow