GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would it be kudos for CM if she just ran off? Putting the pain of her family aside, then that would mean an innocent person is sitting in jail for her kidnapping.

I hope CM chose to leave. I hope CM is alive. Maybe it is wishful thinking and I could be all wrong. Also, EA would not be the first not guilty (of AK) person to sit in jail, imo. He dated and had a physical relationship with an underage teen/minor female not a CHILD imo. He removed a phone from the sprint property and put it back (?) I cant recall, but there was a phone theft charge IIRC. He freaked out imo and lied to LE which is never good (interfering with a case). However, imo he will not be convicted of AK. I know that opinion is not popular with some or many and that's OK. Again, I could be wrong. I just need more evidence ....bc for me there are some significant things missing from this story.

Apologies for the awkward wording in the previous post and I see your point. This is an emotional topic for everyone and respect goes beyond difficult conversations. (imo)

Why would it be kudos for CM if she just ran off? Putting the pain of her family aside, then that would mean an innocent person is sitting in jail for her kidnapping.

Yes, you are right. It would mean exactly that. However, people in excruciating emotional pain have been known to convince themselves that their families would be better off thinking them dead or irretrievably gone. However, I don't think that there is the least evidence that this is the case with Christina and confess myself baffled that people think this is at all likely.

Oh I agree with you. LE is definitely not letting up and are looking into every detail. A good example of distraction is the division on this board regarding the SA charge. I understand we are not on the GJ nor will we likely be on the jury, but there will be people just like us on those juries. I am afraid it will become distracting to the looming heinous crime of AK. I feel that should be THE focus and they should proceed with that rather than getting caught up in the weeds, so to speak. (speaking of distracting, I'm babysitting one of the grandbabies who is talking to me right now lol so don't know if this makes sense or helps to clarify). No snark taken by the way.

Thank you so much for answering and for the way you did. I understand your thought process and while I will agree to disagree ;) I appreciate it!

I hope CM chose to leave. I hope CM is alive. Maybe it is wishful thinking and I could be all wrong. Also, EA would not be the first not guilty (of AK) person to sit in jail, imo. He dated and had a physical relationship with an underage teen/minor female not a CHILD imo. He removed a phone from the sprint property and put it back (?) I cant recall, but there was a phone theft charge IIRC. He freaked out imo and lied to LE which is never good (interfering with a case). However, imo he will not be convicted of AK. I know that opinion is not popular with some or many and that's OK. Again, I could be wrong. I just need more evidence ....bc for me there are some significant things missing from this story.

Apologies for the awkward wording in the previous post and I see your point. This is an emotional topic for everyone and respect goes beyond difficult conversations. (imo)

got it! Thanks!

You know how we can all agree that the "sexual assault of a CHILD" is different than a relationship with a teenager is our reaction when we first heard the news. I thought I was going to throw up. I cried. I was convinced he was evil. The next day when they released the details--were we not all relieved that it wasn't a young child? The tone of the forum changed. Because there is a difference.

A jury isn't going to go for this as evidence of a potential kidnapper. No way. Some of the women in the jury will have dated older guys when they were younger, some of the men will have dated younger women when they were in their 20s. Most of the jury will have grandparents or parents who met at those ages and had full lives of love and happiness.

The truth is, younger girls dating older guys is pretty normal. It's not unheard of. Yes, I get it,it's a crime, but let's get real.

And, from my understanding, CM was not friends with EA or one of the girls at the party. Makes you go hmmmm...

You know how we can all agree that the "sexual assault of a CHILD" is different than a relationship with a teenager is our reaction when we first heard the news. I thought I was going to throw up. I cried. I was convinced he was evil. The next day when they released the details--were we not all relieved that it wasn't a young child? The tone of the forum changed. Because there is a difference.

A jury isn't going to go for this as evidence of a potential kidnapper. No way. Some of the women in the jury will have dated older guys when they were younger, some of the men will have dated younger women when they were in their 20s. Most of the jury will have grandparents or parents who met at those ages and had full lives of love and happiness.

The truth is, younger girls dating older guys is pretty normal. It's not unheard of. Yes, I get it,it's a crime, but let's get real.
I hesitate to put this out here, but does anyone know of anyone who has NEVER broken a law?
I text while I drive. I came home with a tube of lipstick in my jacket pocket after a trip to Target. (still haven't figured that one out)
Your point about my reaction when we heard EA sexually-assaulted a minor is spot-on. I was horrified. And yep, relieved when we discovered it was a work-romance.

Also, EA would not be the first not guilty (of AK) person to sit in jail, imo.
He dated and had a physical relationship with an underage teen/minor female not a CHILD imo.
He removed a phone from the sprint property and put it back (?) I cant recall, but there was a phone theft charge IIRC.
He freaked out imo and lied to LE which is never good (interfering with a case).

I sure respect your right to have your opinion, but that list imo had so much sugarcoating on the serious crimes and evils by EA that I thought I caught diabetes from just reading it! :biggrin:

But seriously, this is a guy who's been doing really bad things, one after another, culminating in an abduction and (probably) murder too, and the truth is rearing its head. :twocents:

The truth is, younger girls dating older guys is pretty normal. It's not unheard of. Yes, I get it, it's a crime, but let's get real.

You're saying that the jury trying him for sexual assault won't convict him, because he kidnapped (and probably murdered) someone else? Not sure why you think that, but I certainly don't agree in the least. They have testimony waiting from almost everybody who could possibly have known (including himself!), saying he did it, so I think he'll end up with a stiff sentence for sexual assault of a child.

This is not a crime of dating, it's a crime of preying on a child for sex.

This is supposed to be a 10min walk? It looks quite far to be 10mins....

That's what got me looking at the map again. That seems to be much more than a 10 minute walk.

GoogleMaps has the distance at 0.5 miles, they estimate a 10 minute walk. That's just an estimate of course.
OY8nWwL.jpg

I hesitate to put this out here, but does anyone know of anyone who has NEVER broken a law?
I text while I drive. I came home with a tube of lipstick in my jacket pocket after a trip to Target. (still haven't figured that one out)
Your point about my reaction when we heard EA sexually-assaulted a minor is spot-on. I was horrified. And yep, relieved when we discovered it was a work-romance.

I get your point. I really do. But I want to add felony to your question. I think when you add in the seriousness of the charge (whether we agree or not), its a game changer. Its nothing compared to texting and driving.

My husband is in the coaching profession and we know 2 (!) people who were charged with this crime. The one here in TX (Tarrant County) was a 23yrd with 16 yrd old. He only got ten years probation and life long sex offender. The other got in MUCH more serious trouble with a lot of jail time, not in Texas. I think most states, take this charge very seriously.

I have a hard time minimizing this as a work-romance when don't much about the situation or victim. We don't know how she feels about this. Yes she kept quite, but we don't know her family/personal life, i.e. if she was an easy target to be manipulated or if she truly thought she loved EA. Hopefully more details will come.

I do find it ironic that EA's own words led to this discovery. I doubt LE would have found the victim and crime if it hadn't been for EA's own confession.

GoogleMaps has the distance at 0.5 miles, they estimate a 10 minute walk. That's just an estimate of course.
OY8nWwL.jpg

Since people walk at varying paces, all that really matters is how long of a walk it was for them, on that day. And we have hard evidence it was about 20 minutes, more or less.

Texting while driving is pretty much the same thing as sexual assault of a child, kidnapping, and murder? Umm I gotta disagree with that one. A lot. And I don't know what social circle you live in, but I would NOT agree that most people have any one of sexual assault of a child, kidnapping, or murder in their acts in life, much less ALL of them like EA appears to.
No, I didn't say it was the same.
But, you're actually making point for me.
There are different levels of crime.

Low blow as to my social circles, though Stevie. I expected better from you.
Moo

I get your point. I really do. But I want to add felony to your question. I think when you add in the seriousness of the charge (whether we agree or not), its a game changer. Its nothing compared to texting and driving.

My husband is in the coaching profession and we know 2 (!) people who were charged with this crime. The one here in TX (Tarrant County) was a 23yrd with 16 yrd old. He only got ten years probation and life long sex offender. The other got in MUCH more serious trouble with a lot of jail time, not in Texas. I think most states, take this charge very seriously.

I have a hard time minimizing this as a work-romance when don't much about the situation or victim. We don't know how she feels about this. Yes she kept quite, but we don't know her family/personal life, i.e. if she was an easy target to be manipulated or if she truly thought she loved EA. Hopefully more details will come.

I do find it ironic that EA's own words led to this discovery. I doubt LE would have found the victim and crime if it hadn't been for EA's own confession.
Two?
That's just so scary!
My point was that there are varying levels of crime.
You are absolutely correct that we have no clue as to how Jennifer felt.
Thank you for understanding that I was glad he didn't sexually-assault a 10yo, and I thought Heather explained exactly what I was feeling.

Two?
That's just so scary!
My point was that there are varying levels of crime.
You are absolutely correct that we have no clue as to how Jennifer felt.
Thank you for understanding that I was glad he didn't sexually-assault a 10yo, and I thought Heather explained exactly what I was feeling.

...and thats the thing - when people reference SA of a child, the images are horrifying. I think if it is presented like that to a GJ, it will be very prejudicial. JMO JMO JMO

That's what got me looking at the map again. That seems to be much more than a 10 minute walk.

Originally, I believe we were told it was a 20 minute walk & CM's mom confirmed that. I'll go with 20, but not a big deal to me either way...

Very very early on probably on Thread 1 or 2, several posters wondered why someone did not drive them to their cars since it is a good 20 minute walk. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste