GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #37 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting & I'd be curious to know which business, I guess. I'm just not sure I see the significance of where the surveillance came from... & AFAIK, it shows two people walking & "nothing unusual", same as the garage surveillance...

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_14dd4862-9de4-11e4-b48e-5765cf2b7e65.html

I thought they were seen walking from the apt to the garage and another camera picks them up at the garage walking in the footage we see. There has to be cameras in these apt areas.
JMO

AGREED. The best predictor of behavior is to look at one's past.

While I generally agree with that statement, in this case I'm working the other direction from EA's behavior. We already have the evidence telling us he did something bad to Christina, and in looking at what he did to Christina imo we see neon signs saying there is very likely a history of predatory behavior and criminal acts in his past, that previously went unnoticed.

I know some want to argue that this was just an otherwise-innocent kid who veered out of control one night, but I'm not buying that's who he was in Aug 2014. Not at all. If it was simply an accident then a person who wasn't like that would tell what happened, explain it was an accident, and so on, and hope to make things right if he possibly could. That wasn't what happened here in ANY way.

Instead we have a guy who coldly abducts, (probably) kills, hides the victim, and then starts a coverup and misdirection campaign. That doesn't make sense to me as a first foray into criminally self-focused acts.

And as that coverup unfolded, imo EA was too casual in his lies, too practiced, and most telling was that he clearly thought he would simply be believed. To me, that indicates he had covered up evils in the past where deception allowed him to skate, because in this case as he told one lie after another, he clearly assumed his words would be taken at face value. As always. Worked before, right?

So based on his reaction to the crime, and how he interacted, I begin with the belief that he's done the coverup act before and hadn't been caught before. Time to start looking closely at his past, under a microscope.

Second, the crimes against Christina look to be predatory - the mindset that "I'm doing whatever it takes to try to get what I want, because I'm entitled to get it and willing to " - and predatory behavior tends to be repeated behavior.

Sure enough, when LE looked closely, there was a sexual assault of a child that began almost 2 years prior. I know some want to minimize that sexual assault (sex without consent) as some act of love, but that's nonsense - he was taking sex from one who was too young to be involved with sexually, who wasn't considered old enough to have wise judgment in saying yes or no, and he didn't care. He was an adult and this was a 16 YEAR OLD CHILD, I'm guessing still only a sophomore in high school. What is an adult of 22 doing chasing after an early high-schooler, a 16 year old? That's predatory, strong preying on the weak.

If he only wanted an actual dating relationship, and he's really there for the long haul, he could have treated her with respect, dated her, and waited. Maybe it was even about crossing those forbidden lines because not long after she was legal, he discarded her. (Did they even date, or was it just him getting laid from a wide-eyed kid? Haven't we been told his most-recent gf RA had been his gf for years?) In fact, he was so self-focused aka predatory that he made his parents unwitting accomplices to his crimes against her, as they provided the bedroom and encouragement (invitations to their home, eventually a birthday cake as continued enticement) to allow him to sexually assault that child 15-20 times.

I see multiple predatory acts already. I suspect more looking will turn up even more, and I hope they keep examining his past under a microscope, because I think there's much more to be found.

One the grand jury meets and decides they are going to charge EA, will this be made public? Or won't we know until there is a court date?

What usually happens after a grand jury have seen all the evidence and made there decision?

One the grand jury meets and decides they are going to charge EA, will this be made public? Or won't we know until there is a court date?

What usually happens after a grand jury have seen all the evidence and made there decision?

Yes, a GJ decision will be publicly known right away and have ramifications that are also visible. But the GJ can be a short quick process, or it can take weeks or months - while the law has limits, it's mostly at the discretion of LE within those limits.

In either EA case, I'm expecting a press conference or announcement of some sort, because it's so high profile.

If the GJ issued a "no bill" on both, EA would be released. If he's indicted, they begin the process that leads to a trial, and I'd guess that the trial itself would happen about 4-6 months later.

Yes, a GJ decision will be publicly known right away and have ramifications that are also visible. But the GJ can be a short quick process, or it can take weeks or months - while the law has limits, it's mostly at the discretion of LE within those limits.

In either EA case, I'm expecting a press conference or announcement of some sort, because it's so high profile.

If the GJ issued a "no bill" on both, EA would be released. If he's indicted, they begin the process that leads to a trial, and I'd guess that the trial itself would happen about 4-6 months later.

Thank you SteveS!

When he is indicted is that when the police might make a plea deal with him, for her body or information?

If I am not mistaken (and I could be for sure lol ) is a poster on here stated that LE said they had additional footage of CM and EA together. A couple of posters stated they had not seen that information (nor have I) so a link was asked for. JMO

You are correct.. the link was posted & the question came up as to "which business did it come from?".. I personally found that irrelevant.. (jmo)

No one even knows what happened to her, do they? Quite a leap to a predatory serial criminal, IMO.

I'd like positive proof a crime was committed against CM, as is required for a conviction at trial, versus a
lack of proof by the defendant that he did not do it, which IMO, is what the state seems to have at this point.

JMO.

You are correct.. the link was posted & the question came up as to "which business did it come from?".. I personally found that irrelevant.. (jmo)

I think it would be interesting to know since all we have heard about is grainy video. Jmo

Thank you SteveS!

When he is indicted is that when the police might make a plea deal with him, for her body or information?

Hard to say. That's one point he may be encouraged to talk. There are others.

And there are a lot of moving parts here, because of the amount of investigative work he's forcing them to do already, the "location of CM" issue, the identity and particulars of others involved (theoretically), and the strength of the case they already have. Since LE is already convinced he murdered CM, I think a willingness to tell where she is has limited appeal to them the farther we go down the road, with the work already having been done to get him locked away for good.

To actually classify a 17 year old (who turned 18 during the course of a relationship) in the category of a real CHILD is actually an injustice to all of the children who are being sexually assaulted and murdered. All you have to do is scroll through the forum here and see the horror that some of these children suffer at the hands of both strangers and family members and people they should be able to trust. I don't believe you are in the minority at all. JMO
1. We have no idea what this girl has gone through, what she feels, etc. To insinuate that she is not the victim of a crime is the true injustice. The law could not be any more black and white about age of consent and the legal definition of a child.

2. BBM, Per affidavit: ..."Arochi began dating Jennifer, who was 16 years old of age at the time. Arochi was 22 years of age although he initially told Jennifer he was 19 years of age". Nowhere does it say she turned 18 during the course of a relationship.

To actually classify a 17 year old (who turned 18 during the course of a relationship) in the category of a real CHILD is actually an injustice to all of the children who are being sexually assaulted and murdered. All you have to do is scroll through the forum here and see the horror that some of these children suffer at the hands of both strangers and family members and people they should be able to trust. I don't believe you are in the minority at all. JMO
I thought she was 16 and turned 17, but his parents thought she turned 18.

My apologies, Helen Ready. Hopefully by posting the conversation in threaded form, you can find how what I wrote in my post was related to your own. I have never multi-quoted before and was hesitant to try. Here it goes. (I have added bolding.)

It's interesting to watch this play out. The more EA makes LE dig for more evidence, the more of his prior predatory crimes are going to emerge.

They already found "sexual assault of a CHILD" that happened 15-20 times (backed by EA's own words, his parents, the victim. victim's friends, and victim's parents). He'll come out of that one with a permanent "sex offender" status for life, and a stiff sentence.

I bet there were more, in the gap between that one and the predatory act(s) he attempted against Christina, and he's going to get buried in charges and shame if he doesn't call off the dogs by making a plea that includes telling what he did with Christina.

AGREED. The best predictor of behavior is to look at one's past.

Thus leading me to inquire:

Are you saying that an adult male having consensual sex with a 17 year old girlfriend of several months can predict that in the future he will rape, abduct, murder and dispose of the corpse of a 23 year old?

I can't find what you wrote in your post in my post.

If that is not helpful, please let me know and perhaps another poster can help me find a way to illustrate it for you better. Thanks!

If I am not mistaken (and I could be for sure lol ) is a poster on here stated that LE said they had additional footage of CM and EA together. A couple of posters stated they had not seen that information (nor have I) so a link was asked for. JMO

I understand! I guess I misunderstood the initial question/statement about what businesses, if any, would have been present during that commute and recording. I then responded to another poster, echoing their sentiment, that regardless of what business(es) it was, the fact is a girl is missing, still, and I am of the belief that it has been satisfactorily verified that it was CM in the video, per LE and family affirmation. Hope I wasn't snarky, my hope was to meet two poster's needs by answering a question of local businesses while also acknowledging another posters point not seeing the relevance of it.

Are you saying that an adult male having consensual sex with a 17 year old girlfriend of several months can predict that in the future he will rape, abduct, murder and dispose of the corpse of a 23 year old?
[
/QUOTE]

If that is not helpful, please let me know and perhaps another poster can help me find a way to illustrate it for you better. Thanks!

(respectfully snipped by me) The girl was 16, not 17, when the relationship started...

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...-11e4-b786-3f8043c1fd43/54f5ec82bab45.pdf.pdf

No one even knows what happened to her, do they? Quite a leap to a predatory serial criminal, IMO.

No one knows for certain the exact details of what EA did to her, but we do have lots of evidence of the fact he abducted her, and probably murdered her too.

He was the last person ever known to be with her, her DNA was discovered IN HIS TRUNK (where she never would have been willingly, or for her welfare), he lied and misled everyone he knew about everything he did those days to cover up what happened, and she has never been seen or heard from again. She was IN HIS TRUNK and he knows where and when and how she was taken out of his trunk, which makes the answer clear - - he abducted her, and probably murdered her too. Common sense (which juries use every day) says if there was a benign explanation, he would have been telling it loudly long ago.

We don't have to wait for the trial to observe the predatory nature of such an abduction and perhaps murder, of a small young woman late at night alone with him. Nor do we have to wait for the trial to observe EA's demeanor when he was being interviewed before they found her DNA IN HIS TRUNK, in which he casually told lie after lie and told the world that he never did anything wrong and that LE found nothing in him to suspect.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, there's probably duck-like activity elsewhere, even if a court hasn't yet had a chance to declare it's a duck.

If you see predatory behavior, it's smart to label it for what it is, and to start looking to see what's been hidden. And yep, after a few months they found the 16 year old that he did sexual assault of a child, 15-20 times. More predatory stuff. Quack quack. Keep looking, I bet there's lots more.

1. We have no idea what this girl has gone through, what she feels, etc. To insinuate that she is not the victim of a crime is the true injustice. The law could not be any more black and white about age of consent and the legal definition of a child.

2. BBM, Per affidavit: ..."Arochi began dating Jennifer, who was 16 years old of age at the time. Arochi was 22 years of age although he initially told Jennifer he was 19 years of age". Nowhere does it say she turned 18 during the course of a relationship.

Excellent post catpatrol! I think one thing that is forgotten in disputes like this is the truly ugly nature of sex crimes. From what some posters have stated, they have either suffered abuse like this, have dear family members who have suffered abuse such as this, and we've all heard enough horrors that occur in the world that makes us acutely aware of the damaging nature of sexual abuse of child victims. This has become a very polarizing topic on this board and I hope we can get to a place where we agree to disagree because at the end of the day, a) some people feel very strongly that this is an alarming reach and reaching attempt by LE, b) some acknowledge it could've been worse and feel as though if this is what it takes to put pressure on EA to start giving answers for CM, then they're all for it, and c) there are some who wholeheartedly agree with the merit of the charge. I, personally, sit somewhere in the middle of b & c.
There are children, true children, who consent to sexual relationships with adults due to being intimidated, threatened, bribed, and/or manipulation and that's a terrible, terrible thing. We do not know what occurred between this girl and EA and we don't know anything about this girl. Maybe it was a consensual relationship and she does not feel as though she was preyed upon. Maybe she feels as though he pressured her and felt in order to maintain the relationship, she complied to do things she didn't want to do. There's a whole host of guesses that we can all take as to what may and/or may not have happened and there are certainly countless discussions we can have in regards to whether we personally agree or disagree with the merits of the charge, but at the end of the day, IMO, it keeps us from progressing in other discussions that would be more productive; CM and where she may be. I truly hope we can agree to disagree and respect CM, which is who this is really about anyway, enough to table personal disagreements on a charge that, while probably found out in the course of investigating her case, truly just does not have to do with this case and what may have happened to her. That entire sentiment is just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth!

Regarding the surveillance footage from other businesses:

Benzick pulled video from two businesses, nothing unusual about walk to parking garage.

Stamm estimates it’s about a 10-minute walk from Paulina Petrosky’s apartment to the parking garage. It’s believed they walked down Parkwood Boulevard and turned left onto Legacy Drive.

Arochi initially tells Stamm he and Morris parted ways when they reached the end of the apartment complexes near Legacy Drive. He said they did not cross Legacy together.

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_14dd4862-9de4-11e4-b48e-5765cf2b7e65.html

From the Find Christina Map, the alleged route:
OC3DaL5.jpg

Businesses on north side of Legacy Drive along that route:

uaOFqV0.jpg

Businesses on south side of Legacy along that route:
KzBlSMS.jpg

I'd like positive proof a crime was committed against CM, as is required for a conviction at trial, versus a
lack of proof by the defendant that he did not do it, which IMO, is what the state seems to have at this point.

JMO.

Thanks for contributing! IMO, this forum, while a great tool in brainstorming and learning new things about the CJ system (at least I have, I don't know about ya'll), essentially operates like much more sophisticated court of public opinion, thankfully with parameters to eliminate inflammatory, threatening, and/or insensitive comments you usually find in the typical court of public opinion.
IMO, once he goes to jury, we will, undoubtedly get much more information that we have not yet been made privy to. We are two different people and to me, I feel like I've read a lot of posts citing positive reasons they feel as though the prosecution is strong in achieving a guilty verdict of the AK charge, and I've also read a lot of points that a defense side may bring up. To me, the DNA evidence, including blood in the trunk of his car, and the subsequent disappearance of a young lady who has yet to be found indicates there was a crime committed.
I ask my next question because I sincerely want to know your thoughts on this; do you think those two facts are not solid enough in evidence to show positive proof of a crime. If you do believe they're not, do you mind sharing why?

My apologies, Helen Ready. Hopefully by posting the conversation in threaded form, you can find how what I wrote in my post was related to your own. I have never multi-quoted before and was hesitant to try. Here it goes. (I have added bolding.)

Thus leading me to inquire:

I think Steve had a nice addendum to my post. You might have overlooked it. It's a good read. This might help bring you up to date. Thanks.

I thought she was 16 and turned 17, but his parents thought she turned 18.

You are right - I mistyped. My point is that when the term "child" is used, she was not a toddler or even a very young girl. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes