DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this case very simply now.

I think he acted alone.
I don't think it was pre-meditated.
I don't think drugs are involved.
I think something happned to make her willingly get into his car, and this is when something has happened.
I think he dumped her body before going to work the next morning.
I think he has simply 'got lucky' as such with where he put her body.
The only other arrest I think could get made is if someone lies and gives false evidence or an alibi etc... But only time will tell.

I don't think this is a drug cartel, drug arrangement gone wrong and he's too scared to speak up.

He knows what he done with Christina. He knows why her DNA is in the trunk of his car.

I absolutely believe drugs were involved. IIRC even the PI the family hired felt that. The last text sent by either CM using EA's phone or sent by EA was about drugs. I think they will play a big role in this but JMO.

I absolutely believe drugs were involved. IIRC even the PI the family hired felt that. The last text sent by either CM using EA's phone or sent by EA was about drugs. I think they will play a big role in this but JMO.

"Boudreaux said that in her career as a PI, every person she has looked for disappeared under circumstances involving drugs, money or sex. She believes Morris’s disappearance is somehow drug-related.

“[The people she was with] like to party, and I think it all stems from drugs,” she said. “I’ve tried to tell these people that do drugs that I don’t really care about the drugs. I don’t care what you’re putting in your veins or down your throat. I want Christina, and I want you to tell me things. Then you can go back to popping your pills or whatever.”

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...72e-7b15-11e4-ad49-772baa4e4ed8.html?mode=jqm

I just think the 'good rock' text from a random number was simply to try and get HF's attention, that she was so desperately trying to get.
Obviously drugs were a part of the night, an CM's and EA's life.

I just don't see them being part of her disappearance.

I wonder if they try using the SA conviction (if they do convict him), it could possibly be considered too prejudicial and be tossed out?

I do think that is a good possibility. It amazes me in court proceedings what is allowed admissible and what is considered prejudicial and thrown out. Maddening at times. JMO

I just think the 'good rock' text from a random number was simply to try and get HF's attention, that she was so desperately trying to get.
Obviously drugs were a part of the night, an CM's and EA's life.

I just don't see them being part of her disappearance.

IMO The girlfriend/housemate of a drug dealer would NEVER text him on a private phone anything having to do with drugs. She would know better.

One thing they do not have is a "smoking gun". DNA/blood in his trunk only goes to prove she was there at some point, but not necessarily dead. They obviously have no weapon. They have no confession. They have no witnesses. No crime scene. No body. No way to prove he was even present at the time she was murdered. And "guesses" won't get them very far with a jury. What they do have at this point is reasonable doubt. They have a lot to overcome. This is not the "slam dunk" some believe.

As a lawyer told me once, 'The only sure thing, the only so-called 'slam dunk' is where they have witnesses, the perp confesses and then pleads guilty. Otherwise, be prepared for anything.'

And there have many changes in those forty years. I am a contemporary of the period of which you speak, and I can assure you that in that era (60s, 70s) so many legal, cultural and societal changes happened as to make today's world practically incomprehensible. Among those changes: The second wave feminist movement, more young women began working outside the home after marriage (droves, in fact), changes (though far too slow) toward racial equality, a culturally challenging and divisive war (Vietnam), effective and more widespread availability of birth control, the beginning of global corporatism and the decline of American real wages. One of the most societally challenging of these changes has been in the relationship between men and women, and whether one argues that this change was good or bad, the need of women to achieve financial independence and the ability to support children on their own. Having two or three children before the age of 21, vastly handicaps that possibility, and so the state steps in. The Romeo and Juliet laws are a realistic, yet imperfect, attempt to address that problem. They arose from the disparate but parallel efforts of social conservative, fiscal realists, and second wave feminists and victim rights advocates to a change the law protect young women from being exploited sexually by older men. Politics does indeed make strange bedfellows.

Now I'm exhausted from just remembering those times! Thanks for the memories, DT.
Such an apt description for the R and J laws: realistic, yet imperfect. Vitally necessary but in need of "minor" (pun intended) adjustment.

IMO The girlfriend/housemate of a drug dealer would NEVER text him on a private phone anything having to do with drugs. She would know better.

I agree with this. BUT we don't know that this number that HF was using wasn't used for sending/recieving drugs texts and phone calls.
I might be wrong on that though?

It also makes me wonder why he was invited there that night.

Excellent question! I also wonder why Christina was invited there that night. She wasn't necessarily BFF with these people either. They were high school friends for the most part and also better friends with her EX, not necessarily her current significant other.

I agree. If she used EA's phone to make calls to HF because her battery was getting low and to try to get his attention, it wasn't about drugs. EA texted him after she handed his phone back to him and he had HF's phone # to text him about some good rock. IIRC, she used her own phone to text the picture of her hand with the 2 keys to his phone. I just don't see how we can take drugs out of the equation regarding what happened to Christina though. It's a common theme throughout the entire case.

I agree with this. BUT we don't know that this number that HF was using wasn't used for sending/recieving drugs texts and phone calls.
I might be wrong on that though?

If he didn't (and I agree he didn't unless it was a code between he and CM exclusively) then it certainly should have been HUGE RED FLAG that something was up when CM was texting him from a strange # and then all of a sudden up and sends a BIZARRE - HUGE NO-NO text about some "good rock". That text alone should have sent him running to Christina's aid the minute he received that text.

I see that on the HFCM Facebook page they are asking for people with jeeps and ATVS to help with searches this weekend. Does anyone know if there's any new leads that they might be following up.

I so hope they have a lead

Excellent question! I also wonder why Christina was invited there that night. She wasn't necessarily BFF with these people either. They were high school friends for the most part and also better friends with her EX, not necessarily her current significant other.
IMO the only reason the night has any significance is because of what happened at the end of it.

I don't think it was a special night at all, some HS friends decided to meet up, nothing out of the ordinary at all

JMO

Did anyone happen to catch Cold Justice last night? A case of a missing Florida mother and no body. Worth watching if you can catch it. Here's a recap:

http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/2015/cold-justice-recap-3615-season-3-episode-8-american-dream/

And a snippet:

"The disappearance of Rupinder Goraya wouldn’t normally be a case Yolanda and Kelly would look at, but on tonight’s all new episode of “Cold Justice” they’ve decided to do something they’ve never done before. And yet they could be in over their heads with in this case. You see there’s more than just one possibility that could explain Rupinder’s mysterious departure and, sadly, it’s either she ran away or something happened to her. So before the ladies could even begin investigating this case as a murder – they have to figure out if a crime actually did take place."

Interestingly in Rupinder's apartment complex there was a trash dumpster - one that compacts the trash automatically. After Rupinder's disappearance one of their neighbors in the complex reported a "dead animal" smell coming from the area of the dumpster after her husband so kindly dumped a LOT of furniture and other belongings from the apartment. The Fla. Detective was convinced he was trying to activate the dumpster and he could have disposed of Rupinder's body in the dumpster. Kelly (former Houston, Texas DA) really didn't want to believe he would have used the dumpster as a way to dispose of the body because of "the smell" and she actually preferred, IMO, to believe the maps of Florida found on the husband's computer to think he might of disposed of poor Rupinder in a swamp area. Very sad case. The husband gave their son up for adoption and he was beginning to have questions about his birth mother - one of the reasons the case was reinvigorated by Cold Justice.

Anyway, Florida is just as if not more humid and hot as Texas, so if someone missed a body being disposed of in Florida in a dumpster, I certainly think that a body could have been missed being disposed of in Plano, Texas in a dumpster- although I hope that is not the case.

BTW, IIRC, the dumpster inside Henry's Tavern parking garage is one of those compactor dumpsters. Please correct me if I am wrong.

ETA: Kelly Siegler is a former DA for Harris County, Texas.

"Kelly Siegler is a former Harris County, State of Texas prosecutor. She has been the Bureau Chief of the Special Crimes Bureau, which included the Major Offenders Division, the Major Fraud Division, the Identity Theft Division, the Asset Forfeiture Division and the Consumer Fraud Division.

Siegler, has lectured all over the U.S. on topics such as, "Final Arguments," "Jury Presentation," "Arguing Effectively for a Death Sentence" and "How to Pick a Jury."

Nicknamed the "Giant Killer," Siegler tried 20 death penalty cases and secured the death penalty in 19."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5059590/bio

IMO the only reason the night has any significance is because of what happened at the end of it.

I don't think it was a special night at all, some HS friends decided to meet up, nothing out of the ordinary at all

JMO

And, this is exactly why you cannot take drugs out of the equation IMO. This was a typical Friday night, long holiday weekend thing these people participated in. Going out drinking, dancing, and doing drugs. Nothing out of the ordinary as long as someone doesn't die or go missing.

I, personally, think SB and PP invited EA because they knew he was the assist manager of a Sprint store and he would have some extra cash to buy some "good rock" and share with the ladies. CM might have been invited, as well as HF might have been invited, because they would be able to supply some "good rock". The evening was a bust when HF failed to accompany Christina and failed to answer her repeated attempts to reach him in order to make a sale. Thus, no huggie, no kissie, no sleeping on the couch and thus a lot of PO'd people. To add insult to humiliation, he (HF) made her look bad in front of her EX's old acquaintances who would have never screwed them around like this.

Exactly my theory, for what it is worth. I think HF is a separate issue...i.e "bad boyfriend" etc...but not a factor here, other than Christina may have stayed in FW if she and HF had been getting along better, therefore avoiding this gathering. And for me, EA's motive was likely the result of not getting what he wanted. Jmo

I dont think HF is involved but is the REASON.

Aren't those things (plus a whole lot more) they had on Casey Anthony, too?! She walked on Murder 1 and he is only up on AK so far.

PPD and the DAs better hope the evidence continues to pile up against EA if they want this case to hold up in court when it lands in the Jury's lap to be decided. He was last seen with her is not going to be enough for a conviction and having her blood/DNA in his trunk may not either.

They are grasping to prove he abducted her with force out of the parking garage as it stands right now. They have a shaky motive, an extremely narrow window of opportunity, and no weapon. They better come up with a lot more evidence.
Sadly (and inexplicably, IMO), CA wasn't found guilty, but that didn't mean there wasn't a ton of evidence against her. My point was that the evidence against EA (for Christina's case solely) isn't insignificant. Plus, LE likely has much more that they haven't made public. Of course that doesn't mean EA definitely will be convicted, as a jury's verdict is anyone's guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member