GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We were really taken aback by the investigator's questioning of the roommate and boyfriend. I know interrogations are harsh, but I really understood right then and there how false confessions are made. It was kinda scary if you think about it.

LE knew it too and, in his own way, tried to justify the method.
If he didn't go on hour after hour (sometimes over six plus hours), I don't object.
Usually the false confessions occur after a 'young' suspect is beaten down so badly they just want to escape the situation at any cost. I strongly object when LE uses the beat 'um down method.
Even though this LE spoke harshly to the suspects, he kept an open mind and explained what he was thinking and why. It reminded me of how it sounds around WS sometimes.
He thought, who collects weapons like that? (he was thinking what kind of kid/college student collects that sort of stuff - made the kid look weird and maybe even guilty)
I liked the way he explained what he was thinking yet later his thoughts proved unrelated to the murder. He had his thoughts but didn't convict anyone based on them alone.

The Prosecutors also added they conducted their own investigation and admitted how easy it would have been to convict the bf.
Very honest depiction of a case that turned out to be not as straight forward as it looked on the surface.

LE knew it too and, in his own way, tried to justify the method.
If he didn't go on hour after hour (sometimes over six plus hours), I don't object.
Usually the false confessions occur after a 'young' suspect is beaten down so badly they just want to escape the situation at any cost. I strongly object when LE uses the beat 'um down method.
Even though this LE spoke harshly to the suspects, he kept an open mind and explained what he was thinking and why. It reminded me of how it sounds around WS sometimes.
He thought, who collects weapons like that? (he was thinking what kind of kid/college student collects that sort of stuff - made the kid look weird and maybe even guilty)
I liked the way he explained what he was thinking yet later his thoughts proved unrelated to the murder. He had his thoughts but didn't convict anyone based on them alone.

The Prosecutors also added they conducted their own investigation and admitted how easy it would have been to convict the bf.
Very honest depiction of a case that turned out to be not as straight forward as it looked on the surface.

BBM
Exactly, and if the roommate or bf confessed, would they (LE) have gone any further? Probably not and the real loser killer would have gotten away with it.

Daisytrail, I think I love you...

I think I do too, Audly - Daisytrail, your posts have been great, know where you're coming from, - and you're a writer??. No wonder you explain things so well. Am so glad you came on board. O/T, I would like to ask has there been anything stirred up here on WS for your lovely Daisy Suzanna? I haven't seen anything but I'm in coastal Georgia. You can pm me if you like. I was hoping this WS think tank would be able to help you, there are some smart men and women on here. I love helping, hope I can do more of it in the future.

daisytrail,
Thank you for your thoughtful response.
I realize people have to live, go outside, drive places, work in crappy environments sometimes.
Some even end up married to dangerous men or their once regular bf's turn into stalkers.
I just wish there was some way to get across to 'average' (like I once was) young women to be more careful, make better choices, love themselves first above all else, and proceed with caution.
Despite it not being their fault, maybe some tragedies could be avoided.
How many kids listen, really listen, to their parents?
The messages are going to take a village to get across.
Pretending danger isn't alive and well isn't going to hinder abductions, drug overdoses, rapes which often lead to deaths, etc.

My brown eyed girl is so dearly missed. The thought of her hasn't left my mind since she left us.
It's as if I was IN love with my dog! She really was the sweetest girl around!
As a youngster she was capable of bad acts though - lol! Damn.

BBM
Exactly, and if the roommate or bf confessed, would they (LE) have gone any further? Probably not and the real loser killer would have gotten away with it.

Oh, I know.
I've noticed several wrongly convicted cases lately. Two of which are sure things (after you watch the newest evidence presented) but the convicted remain incarcerated.
It is unbelievable how obvious it is that they still shouldn't be there but authorities won't agree to release them. I didn't want to bring the cases up here earlier because peeps would think, why are you bringing those cases up here? Because they're killing me and are so unjust!

Just so I don't leave peeps guessing (if interested) - here's one case covered by 48 Hours, Melissa Calusinski.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/melissa...care-worker-coerced-into-a-murder-confession/

Here's another case involving several teens (at the time). It is strongly believed the wrong person was convicted and was sentenced to 26 years.
The article covers recent developments from a crime committed in 2002 iirc.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/star-witness-illinois-missing-person-murder-trial-recants/story?id=25925324

I think I do too, Audly - Daisytrail, your posts have been great, know where you're coming from, - and you're a writer??. No wonder you explain things so well. Am so glad you came on board. O/T, I would like to ask has there been anything stirred up here on WS for your lovely Daisy Suzanna? I haven't seen anything but I'm in coastal Georgia. You can pm me if you like. I was hoping this WS think tank would be able to help you, there are some smart men and women on here. I love helping, hope I can do more of it in the future.

To the above; as you suggested.

As to being a writer: I am not an author-writer. I am a dabbler-writer. Half the time, I am blocked anyway. :blushing:

This is O/T and occurred in Chicago but I am sharing it here because as I read the article, the first thing that came to mind was thinking of drug warehouses such as this being a possibility in Christina's case as a place where possibly LE should check for Christina.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-death-of-woman-found-in-warehouse/ar-AA9Ks4S

Wow, it is disgusting what some perverts get away with in this world.
The fact the guy is walking around freely is a crime in and of itself.
It is so obvious something is off with the explanation given by the perps (despite the heroin evidence).
Did police bother to check the surveillance cameras from the hotel in Cicero where they claim the victim died? (rhetorical, answer not given)
Chicago needs an unknown number of additional people on the police force.
There are definitely not enough to go around and, for many reasons, I believe complacency to be a problem.

daisytrail,
Thank you for your thoughtful response.
I realize people have to live, go outside, drive places, work in crappy environments sometimes.
Some even end up married to dangerous men or their once regular bf's turn into stalkers.
I just wish there was some way to get across to 'average' (like I once was) young women to be more careful, make better choices, love themselves first above all else, and proceed with caution.
Despite it not being their fault, maybe some tragedies could be avoided.
How many kids listen, really listen, to their parents?
The messages are going to take a village to get across.
Pretending danger isn't alive and well isn't going to hinder abductions, drug overdoses, rapes which often lead to deaths, etc.

My brown eyed girl is so dearly missed. The thought of her hasn't left my mind since she left us.
It's as if I was IN love with my dog! She really was the sweetest girl around!
As a youngster she was capable of bad acts though - lol! Damn.

Sending more hugs to Woe ((HUGS)). I know it does nothing to change the way it is but sometimes just knowing others care, helps a whole lot. xoxo

Excerpts from an article I happened to read on MSN News:

Statistics bear out how unusual it is to obtain murder convictions without finding a body, or traces of a body.

There have been 435 such trials known in U.S. history, according to statistics kept by Tad DiBiase, a former assistant U.S. attorney in the District, and the author of “No-Body Homicide Cases: A Practical Guide to Investigating, Prosecuting, and Winning Cases When the Victim is Missing.”

Prosecutors typically use some combination of witness testimony, confessions or DNA found in blood stains at the crime scene. In the Lyon sisters case, after 40 years, and with the searches being outside, finding physical clues is particularly challenging.

Indeed, should prosecutors try to bring such charges in the Lyon case — with no physical evidence — it would represent the longest known duration ever between a person’s disappearance and a trial, according DiBiase.

Still, he stressed that such an effort could be successful. Of those 435 trials he documented, nearly 90 percent ended in convictions. “It certainly can be done,” he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...year-quest-for-justice-and-answers/ar-AA9MyOm

This is O/T and occurred in Chicago but I am sharing it here because as I read the article, the first thing that came to mind was thinking of drug warehouses such as this being a possibility in Christina's case as a place where possibly LE should check for Christina.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-death-of-woman-found-in-warehouse/ar-AA9Ks4S

BBM

What is a drug warehouse? Is this a place to store drugs or possibly where meth is cooked or pot grown? Do you believe this is something HF was involved with something larger than just a small time dealer?

I've been in Dallas since 1973 & honestly I've never heard of a "drug warehouse".. Not to say there isn't such a thing.. I've just never heard of it.

http://abc13.com/news/$1m-meth-hoard-drug-lab-found-in-nw-houston/440886/

The bust happened on December 15 at a warehouse in the 4800 block of W. 34th Street. In the warehouse, authorities say they found pills made of meth but were made to look like ecstasy. Investigators allege the suspects would press thousands of pills a day to then sell and distribute.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=93045

Since the 18-month-long investigation began in 1999, authorities have seized more than 8,700 kilograms of cocaine and 27,000 pounds of marijuana.

After sneaking their shipments across the Rio Grande River, distributors stashed them in a warehouse in Laredo, Texas, where traffickers also operated legitimately as Corona Beer importers.

ETA - Post by me: There are plenty of articles available per Google search involving drug warehouses in many different states. I only provided a few examples but there are lots more...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/07/13/...f-massive-n-texas-drug-trafficking-operation/

The complaints say authorities seized drugs, guns, vehicles and money. Federal agents believe those charged helped traffic drugs and money from Mexico through the Dallas-Fort Worth Area and into Atlanta, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Nashville in an operation that dates back to May 2005. Although, one complaint alleges two of the accused began trafficking cocaine, heroin and marijuana in 2002.

One of which – a warehouse located on Northaven Road in Dallas – was robbed at gunpoint on April 21 by a group that is among those charged as part of the investigation.

???
Was this an accident?

No, sorry for the confusion. My post didn't show up on the thread and a message "leave this page" or "kill pages" appeared. By the time I figured out what to do, I found my post showed up two times on the thread so I deleted the first one.
This same message shows up often but is sporadic.
I wondered if anybody else was experiencing the same problem.
When I'm having problems posting, I'm never sure if my own settings are the cause or something is happening due to WS.

Last o/t - I've referenced the Robert Durst case.
CNN reported he's been arrested in New Orleans.
It appears to LE as if he was about to flee the country.
He is charged with the murder, in 2000, of his female friend.
His wife has been missing since 1982.
He beat the murder charge of his neighbor in Texas.

No, sorry for the confusion. My post didn't show up on the thread and a message "leave this page" or "kill pages" appeared. By the time I figured out what to do, I found my post showed up two times on the thread so I deleted the first one.
This same message shows up often but is sporadic.
I wondered if anybody else was experiencing the same problem.
When I'm having problems posting, I'm never sure if my own settings are the cause or something is happening due to WS.

Last o/t - I've referenced the Robert Durst case.
CNN reported he's been arrested in New Orleans.
It appears to LE as if he was about to flee the country.
He is charged with the murder, in 2000, of his female friend.
His wife has been missing since 1982.
He beat the murder charge of his neighbor in Texas.
I had the same problem. Is probably us.

We just logged on to Netflix here so we can watch "All Good Things"

Excerpts from an article I happened to read on MSN News:

Statistics bear out how unusual it is to obtain murder convictions without finding a body, or traces of a body.

There have been 435 such trials known in U.S. history, according to statistics kept by Tad DiBiase, a former assistant U.S. attorney in the District, and the author of “No-Body Homicide Cases: A Practical Guide to Investigating, Prosecuting, and Winning Cases When the Victim is Missing.”

Prosecutors typically use some combination of witness testimony, confessions or DNA found in blood stains at the crime scene. In the Lyon sisters case, after 40 years, and with the searches being outside, finding physical clues is particularly challenging.

Indeed, should prosecutors try to bring such charges in the Lyon case — with no physical evidence — it would represent the longest known duration ever between a person’s disappearance and a trial, according DiBiase.

Still, he stressed that such an effort could be successful. Of those 435 trials he documented, nearly 90 percent ended in convictions. “It certainly can be done,” he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...year-quest-for-justice-and-answers/ar-AA9MyOm

Maybe its just my natural instinct as an auditor, but the statistics here are not complete. It states that DiBiase 'documented' 435 cases where there was no body. If that truly is the entire number of cases in US history, that is not a lot of 'no body' cases being brought to trial. I'd be interested to know what percentage this 435 is with respect to the universe (ALL cases where a body was not found whether a case went to trial or not). An interesting statistic would be what percent those '90% of 435' (or approx. 392) would be of all cases where a body was not found. (Realistically, this would be difficult as runaways, homeless or other circumstances where someone could have been murdered but wasn't reported.) Another way of looking at it is if you go back 100 years that is less than 4 cases a year. Not many. (Playing devil's advocate to my own statistic, the advanced state of technology available to LE should show a larger proportion of such cases in the last 15-20 years.)

But if you look at in the light of what I state above it shows how difficult it is for LE to get a 'no-body' case to a trial if there are only 435. Probably the reason it is 90% is due to the fact that most prosecutors want rock solid evidence - and a lot of it - before they will consider a 'no-body' case. When you have no body, chances are you have no murder weapon or crime scene.

And really that is what we have here. No crime scene and no murder weapon. Yes, they have her DNA in his trunk, but they are not charging EA with murder. Probably why they went with AK.

So my post at 5:32 PM yesterday is the last one on here. It's gotten quiet in here. I don't remember the last time it was quiet for this long on Christina's case.

So my post at 5:32 PM yesterday is the last one on here. It's gotten quiet in here. I don't remember the last time it was quiet for this long on Christina's case.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I guess it's bound to happen when there's no news.

Now we don't need to discuss whether EA is likely to be involved I wish we could come up with something that might help pinpoint a likely place to look.

Slightly o/t but over the weekend I was out walking my dog and dropped something along the way. Even though I knew which field I'd dropped it in it took me several goes at retracing my steps to find it, it make me think of the enormity of searching vast areas when you don't even know where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee