GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion: drugs, questionable judgement/association in choice of friends and boyfriends, and the incident in March 2014 with CM and the stranger/friend reported by CM to the Fort Worth police. All of which show, in my opinion, that she was leading a life full of making bad decisions.

Bad people, in my opinion, are always in the drug scene, especially the dealing end. You never know what someone hooked on a drug will do. You never know what drug dealers will do. Those higher up the chain have little regard for the lives of those on the lower end - both users and dealers.

These folks that are supposed "friends" of CM, the night of the party, have already admitted that they were all using, at minimum, adderall and marijuana. Throw in the alcohol and the drug dealer boyfriend CM or EA were texting that night for "good rock" and, in my opinion, anything is possible...but, not anything good.

<mod snip>
As posted many times before, in my opinion, birds of a feather flock together. And, when the birds of a feather are vultures and scavengers, wasting their lives, time, money, and that of their families and loved ones, on the drug scene...? Well, I believe, the blanks can be filled in any number of ways; even the biggest blank of where she is and what happened.

After watching several episodes of Drugs Inc. (broken record here - lol!) there is no doubt the people at the top of the dealer chain don't value human life at all. Several, while wearing their disguises on camera, stated so themselves.
Texas is a major hub when it comes to drug dealers and top of the chain operations.
It is possible, within CM's world, someone who fits that bill exists.

Unless we know the young people in question, as they can and do change from early twenties onward (not all do though), I'm uncomfortable concluding they are bad people in their cores and incapable of doing the right thing when it comes to telling truth.

For some reason, CM hadn't broken away from the bad boys yet. Maybe she was ready to or trying to break away from the lifestyle (the hidden one she had to know enough about because she was living with HF). Maybe she wasn't planning a change.
How can we (strangers) know for sure?
I think the drug environment was more than just a bf sharing his stash with his friends type of thing though. Obviously he was in deeper because he was picked up and arrested due to an ongoing sting surrounding a club.
The drug culture is different today and seems much more dangerous for those who get mixed up in it imo.
From a users perspective its always been dangerous but you all know what I mean (I hope!).

I don't think carrying around a bible is any guarantee of model behavior, QF.

The odds are higher that those who attend Bible study are trying harder to overcome shortcomings than those who are actively dealing drugs.
There's always a chance the Bible is being used as a front though. :thinking:

And the people writing the news articles do a good job of repeating the errors (and seem to never issue retractions)!
True...Just as reputable reporters should. I find it quite odd that now certain news reporters are being regarded as effective and truthful when not too long ago there was some dispute of them not being "reputable" because of their closeness to this case, and most ridiculous, then not being "award winning" reporters.

Pick a lane....

My partner and I just watched Dateline from tonight about a case from Italy, TX not far from us. A case I've never heard of until tonight. We were discussing Christina's case. He is oblivious to Christina's case. He knows I'm following a local case but he doesn't know anything about it from local media other than EA's arrest. This makes me sad. Christina's case is not getting the press it needs.

Possibly someone else knows. If that's the case, then EA has more compassion and empathy than I give him credit for, for taking all of this on alone. Hes full of answers, that's for sure!

If I were someone who knew what EA did and even if I helped hide Christina's remains I would have RUN to LE to tell my side of the story first. EA doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer and he's obviously quite immature so I would certainly not trust him to keep his mouth shut.

JMO

If I were someone who knew what EA did and even if I helped hide Christina's remains I would have RUN to LE to tell my side of the story first. EA doesn't strike me as the sharpest knife in the drawer and he's obviously quite immature so I would certainly not trust him to keep his mouth shut.

JMO

Not just keep his mouth shut, but possibly lie and try and pin the whole thing on me! His track record for telling the truth is exactly zip!

Bumping for Christina. Prayers being sent that she will soon be found and brought home to her family. So, so sad. God Bless the families, the searchers, LE, and all those who have been involved in trying to bring Christina home.

Also, I know we have discussed this but I don't remember the particular statements made in this article so am reposting it...Please disregard if it's beating a dead horse...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/12/09/boyfriend-of-christina-morris-indicted-on-drug-charges/
News of Foster&#8217;s alleged drug use wasn&#8217;t a revelation either to Christina&#8216;s stepmother, Anna Morris. She told CBS 11, &#8221; I can&#8217;t really say that I&#8217;m surprised, because he does have a history. I had hoped that that was passed.&#8221;

Anna Morris went on to say that she doesn&#8217;t believe Foster had anything to do with her stepdaughter&#8217;s disappearance. &#8220;They weren&#8217;t together that evening,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I have my own issues with him, but I don&#8217;t, I don&#8217;t know that he knows where my daughter is.&#8221;
While step-mom Anna Morris stands firm Foster is not involved in what happened to Christina, mom Jonni McElroy sounded a little more skeptical and said she isn&#8217;t so certain he [Foster] wasn&#8217;t involved in her disappearance.

This is O/T and occurred in Chicago but I am sharing it here because as I read the article, the first thing that came to mind was thinking of drug warehouses such as this being a possibility in Christina's case as a place where possibly LE should check for Christina.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-death-of-woman-found-in-warehouse/ar-AA9Ks4S

Thank you, NWLady. What an upsetting story. It is clear that this was a case of murder, and when the family of the victim raises the issue that if this poor woman was from a family with money that the whole thing would be treated as a case of murder, they are most likely right. If points to several issues for me:

1. When you villify and maginalize any population, whether they be drug users, the poor, the homeless or the mentally ill, you make it more difficult to achieve justice when they are victims of horrific crime. It becomes too easy for the justice system to label the incidents as being one of "no humans involved."
  2. That as long as racism, sexism, and classism exist, we will not have a fair system to confront criminals and support crime victims.
  3. There are probably a thousand ways to kill people, and only a few (sometimes convoluted) pathways to justice.
  4. You cannot really claim to care about justice and a fair society unless you also care about crime victims, and in the case of murder, their surviving families. Victim-blaming and justice cannot really go together.

Also, I know we have discussed this but I don't remember the particular statements made in this article so am reposting it...Please disregard if it's beating a dead horse...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/12/09/boyfriend-of-christina-morris-indicted-on-drug-charges/
News of Foster&#8217;s alleged drug use wasn&#8217;t a revelation either to Christina&#8216;s stepmother, Anna Morris. She told CBS 11, &#8221; I can&#8217;t really say that I&#8217;m surprised, because he does have a history. I had hoped that that was passed.&#8221;

Anna Morris went on to say that she doesn&#8217;t believe Foster had anything to do with her stepdaughter&#8217;s disappearance. &#8220;They weren&#8217;t together that evening,&#8221; she said. &#8220;I have my own issues with him, but I don&#8217;t, I don&#8217;t know that he knows where my daughter is.&#8221;
While step-mom Anna Morris stands firm Foster is not involved in what happened to Christina, mom Jonni McElroy sounded a little more skeptical and said she isn&#8217;t so certain he [Foster] wasn&#8217;t involved in her disappearance.

My response:

"Hmm . . . " she mused, cautiously. "Perhaps those thinking of alternatives are thinking too narrowly and too far down on the totem pole."

As someone who writes, I tend to construct dialogue in my head, even for myself. All writers tend to be a bit crazy you know. It is hard for them to resist a good plot. :doorhide:

Discussing a victim's lifestyle isn't victim blaming imo.
When we partake in risky behaviors, we increase the odds of becoming victims of crime.
That is why so many of us are grateful after we realize how lucky we are to have survived some of the choices of our youth.

Years ago, my elderly grandmother was sitting on a park bench when her purse was snatched by someone riding by on a bike.
If she hadn't been sitting on the park bench, she would not have been a victim that day.
Am I saying Grandma was bad for sitting on the park bench?

Every choice we make has certain risks attached.
Some choices increase our odds of running into trouble.

Obviously, drugs are a dangerous choice.
If one doesn't take them, one will never be at risk of a drug overdose.

Sometimes the only good that might come out of a horrible crime is to make other people gain more awareness about whatever behavior was going on that may have increased their
odds of becoming a victim.

Here's a public service announcement - DON'T TEXT WHILE DRIVING.
I attended a memorial service last year for the youngest of four children (a grown woman then but I grew up with these "kids").
One morning, her car flipped over a guard rail while she was preoccupied and using her phone.
Today, if you hit another car and kill someone else, you'll be tried for manslaughter if your phone shows you were actively texting at the time.
DO NOT DO IT EVER.

I can't stress this enough to the young people in my life.
What if they don't believe me? Scares me to death.

I totally agree about a victim's lifestyle. IMO it should be known because it can often help in a case. There may be some undesirable actions but that does't make the victim deserved of what happened. We can say they put themself in that situation, but it's ultimately the fault of the person who harmed them. MOO

I have always totally admired DaisyTrail for putting it all out there. :heart:

I totally agree about a victim's lifestyle. IMO it should be known because it can often help in a case. There may be some undesirable actions but that does't make the victim deserved of what happened. We can say they put themself in that situation, but it's ultimately the fault of the person who harmed them. MOO

I have always totally admired DaisyTrail for putting it all out there. :heart:

Oh, maybe not quite all. Moms will be moms, you know. However, there is not much point in hiding some things.

Thank you, NWLady. What an upsetting story. It is clear that this was a case of murder, and when the family of the victim raises the issue that if this poor woman was from a family with money that the whole thing would be treated as a case of murder, they are most likely right. If points to several issues for me:

1. When you villify and maginalize any population, whether they be drug users, the poor, the homeless or the mentally ill, you make it more difficult to achieve justice when they are victims of horrific crime. It becomes too easy for the justice system to label the incidents as being one of "no humans involved."
  2. That as long as racism, sexism, and classism exist, we will not have a fair system to confront criminals and support crime victims.
  3. There are probably a thousand ways to kill people, and only a few (sometimes convoluted) pathways to justice.
  4. You cannot really claim to care about justice and a fair society unless you also care about crime victims, and in the case of murder, their surviving families. Victim-blaming and justice cannot really go together.
Daisytrail, I think I love you...

My partner and I just watched Dateline from tonight about a case from Italy, TX not far from us. A case I've never heard of until tonight. We were discussing Christina's case. He is oblivious to Christina's case. He knows I'm following a local case but he doesn't know anything about it from local media other than EA's arrest. This makes me sad. Christina's case is not getting the press it needs.

I watched this episode too (Dateline NBC, Infatuation, S24/Ep24.
What struck me about the case was that the victim, Shelley, wasn't engaged in any kind of dangerous behavior that led to her fate.
She was as innocent as anyone could possibly be when no longer a child.

The explanation of the crime, as told mainly by one retired LE guy, was thorough.
He gave step-by-step examples of what can go wrong from an investigation perspective.
The investigation was conducted carefully and LE even used the term "tunnel vision" to explain his awareness of the tendency and/or danger of it while investigating a case.

Prior to knowing anything about the case, LE pointed out that the apartment complex in Dallas, where some Dallas Art Institute students live, doesn't provide a safe environment.
He was adamant he would not have allowed his daughters to live there.
Yet, he realized this family didn't know its dangers.
What I took from his remark, was parents should check out the reputation of a complex in which your student might end up living when moving off campus.
Still, as it turned out in Shelley's case, the complex itself didn't end up having anything to do with her murder but provided a clue.

LE had to dig deeper before they could figure out who was responsible for her murder.
She received over forty stabbings to her back while she was in her own bed.
Stabbings usually indicate that a crime is personal and involves rage.

There was a bf (platonic in that they hadn't engaged sexually) who was a collector of daggers, knives and swords, along with a roommate who presented as being "different" and not believable initially.
There weren't any signs of forced entry or evidence of a sexual nature found.
These initial observations left both the roommate and bf as prime suspects.
Later, a baggy with the victim's blood was discovered in the bf's bathroom in his apartment.
The victim told her mom she might stop seeing the bf soon and the mom conveyed this tidbit to LE.

So, who dunnit?

The episode is 120 mins. I don't see a re-run scheduled but noticed an online link to the episode.

I watched this episode too (Dateline NBC, Infatuation, S24/Ep24.
What struck me about the case was that the victim, Shelley, wasn't engaged in any kind of dangerous behavior that led to her fate.
She was as innocent as anyone could possibly be when no longer a child.

The explanation of the crime, as told mainly by one retired LE guy, was thorough.
He gave step-by-step examples of what can go wrong from an investigation perspective.
The investigation was conducted carefully and LE even used the term "tunnel vision" to explain his awareness of the tendency and/or danger of it while investigating a case.

Prior to knowing anything about the case, LE pointed out that the apartment complex in Dallas, where some Dallas Art Institute students live, doesn't provide a safe environment.
He was adamant he would not have allowed his daughters to live there.
Yet, he realized this family didn't know its dangers.
What I took from his remark, was parents should check out the reputation of a complex in which your student might end up living when moving off campus.
Still, as it turned out in Shelley's case, the complex itself didn't end up having anything to do with her murder but provided a clue.

LE had to dig deeper before they could figure out who was responsible for her murder.
She received over forty stabbings to her back while she was in her own bed.
Stabbings usually indicate that a crime is personal and involves rage.

There was a bf (platonic in that they hadn't engaged sexually) who was a collector of daggers, knives and swords, along with a roommate who presented as being "different" and not believable initially.
There weren't any signs of forced entry or evidence of a sexual nature found.
These initial observations left both the roommate and bf as prime suspects.
Later, a baggy with the victim's blood was discovered in the bf's bathroom in his apartment.
The victim told her mom she might stop seeing the bf soon and the mom conveyed this tidbit to LE.

So, who dunnit?

The episode is 120 mins. I don't see a re-run scheduled but noticed an online link to the episode.

We were really taken aback by the investigator's questioning of the roommate and boyfriend. I know interrogations are harsh, but I really understood right then and there how false confessions are made. It was kinda scary if you think about it.

Take it on advisement that the majority, not all, of the missing young women's cases occurred between one and four o'clock in the morning.
I haven't done a formal count but can name, off the top of my head, five I've followed.
A few more occurred after dark when the young lady ventured off alone.

My point isn't to blame victims. But, think what you will if you must.
One thing we can bank on, evil isn't on the brink of extinction.
There's always this pull/push thing going on around here as if someone wants or needs to twist things just a little bit. JIMO

To a stranger one can say, "you get what you get but don't say I didn't warn ya".
Is that the message we want to convey?

Discussing a victim's lifestyle isn't victim blaming imo.
When we partake in risky behaviors, we increase the odds of becoming victims of crime.
That is why so many of us are grateful after we realize how lucky we are to have survived some of the choices of our youth.

Years ago, my elderly grandmother was sitting on a park bench when her purse was snatched by someone riding by on a bike.
If she hadn't been sitting on the park bench, she would not have been a victim that day.
Am I saying Grandma was bad for sitting on the park bench?

Every choice we make has certain risks attached.
Some choices increase our odds of running into trouble.

Obviously, drugs are a dangerous choice.
If one doesn't take them, one will never be at risk of a drug overdose.

Sometimes the only good that might come out of a horrible crime is to make other people gain more awareness about whatever behavior was going on that may have increased their
odds of becoming a victim.

Woe, I hope you don't mind, but I snipped your post a bit, but I think you raised lots of important points that can result in good discussion and may even be worth talking about in the case of Christina in particular.

First, I do agree with you that understanding a victim's lifestyle is very important for LE to be able to investigate the crime. It may not be quite as important here at WS, where in Christina's case, there is already a declared person of interest with both an arrest and a coming arraignment. Perhaps that is why the VIs are not around. I understand that they were around more at the beginning of the case.

However, I do not think discussing someone's lifestyle is the problem, especially since so much of it is out there, but it is how the problem is discussed that may raise tempers and issues with the TOS, which I guess is also what you guys call those rules posted at the beginning of these threads. I understand that people may be mad at the bf. I saw him in one of the videos. I was not impressed. However, her relationship with her family and maybe being critical of the family so long after the fact gets us what exactly?

I agree with you about the drugs. Who cannot? You are so obviously right. However, if you take the stand that all drug use is evil and all drug users as well (I am not saying that you specifically do this! I know you have done no such thing.) and the victim is a drug user, then you are by association blaming the victim and saying the victim is an evil person.

The police are just people. If they too take such an attitude, that means that they may investigate crimes in which the victim is a drug user less vigorously. That will not result in a fair system of justice.

Of course a good investigation would take all relevant facts into account. You are simply talking about cause and effect and are doing it in a matter of fact way. The TOS is probably strict because they have learned from experience that not all people can take your level-headed approach. I was so sad when your dog died and you had to endure that grief and you had also posted about feeling the view of some people are dismissed. I like your personality and enjoy what you post so much usually. That you care very much comes through to me so clearly.

However, I must tell about an experience that I had on another site entirely, when women who walked at night in bad neighborhoods were being blamed (actually some commenters said that they deserved what they got) for being raped. Finally, I just said, "But what if they work at night and the bad neighborhood is where they work?" To me, victim-blaming is pernicious when it has no object but to downgrade victims. After all, some women have to live in bad neighborhoods because they are poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member