GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did go back and take the time to read through thread #2 and all I found was this:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article3872399.html

This was in MSM, so I believe it is okay to link to.

I think you will be approving that I did take a bit of your advice, jnblsm. :blushing:

However, this is merely a mention that Christina was a victim of a crime, namely theft, when she allowed an old friend to stay with her. Could that be the same March 2014 incident that Quailfoot refers to? Surely not, because it says that he (the thief) was a friend of eight years who appears to have had a bit of a problem. The friend is not named, so I don't think by posting the link I have violated TOS and surely Quailfoot would not have mentioned it if this were the case. Maybe I have the wrong link.

I like to think that I am a good judge of character, but I have been fooled on occasion. Also, there is the compassion factor. I have had a friend or two who is a little . . . :cuckoo:

I did go back and take the time to read through thread #2 and all I found was this:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article3872399.html

This was in MSM, so I believe it is okay to link to.

I think you will be approving that I did take a bit of your advice, jnblsm. :blushing:

However, this is merely a mention that Christina was a victim of a crime, namely theft, when she allowed an old friend to stay with her. Could that be the same March 2014 incident that Quailfoot refers to? Surely not, because it says that he (the thief) was a friend of eight years who appears to have had a bit of a problem. The friend is not named, so I don't think by posting the link I have violated TOS and surely Quailfoot would not have mentioned it if this were the case. Maybe I have the wrong link.

I like to think that I am a good judge of character, but I have been fooled on occasion. Also, there is the compassion factor. I have had a friend or two who is a little . . . :cuckoo:

I'm certain this is the incident that QF referred to. I know you weren't posting at that time and I think you've done well to find find it in all the 1000s of posts.

Personally I don't think the two matters are linked as such and without wishing to speak for QF I read his post to mean that Christina mixed with many people involved in the drug scene and the theft was an example of that.

I know that you don't have time to read all the old threads, and it must be very hard for any new posters to get up to speed on all the twists and turns, but we discussed the odd theft at some length and the details did reveal that Christina had a prescription for Adderall which we hadn't known before that. Again I'm not convinced that has any direct significance but it goes to the general party mood that night imo

JMO

Because I am searching for my daughter (not issues!), I do not have time to read through all the threads. Has everyone else read through all the threads? I would say I have stress but not strife. You are incorrect that I make assumptions about similarity. Your offer is kind, but it apparently not something I have to power to decide at this forum.
I used the term "issue" so I wouldn't post your business about your missing daughter without your consent. No nefarious intent.
It is quite a task to read through so many threads, yes. Makes me really sad that there are so many. Too many.
I just meant that if you read through, you'd have your questions answered. And who knows? Perhaps a fresh set of eyes might bring up something we missed the first go around.[emoji4]

In my opinion: drugs, questionable judgement/association in choice of friends and boyfriends, and the incident in March 2014 with CM and the stranger/friend reported by CM to the Fort Worth police. All of which show, in my opinion, that she was leading a life full of making bad decisions.

Bad people, in my opinion, are always in the drug scene, especially the dealing end. You never know what someone hooked on a drug will do. You never know what drug dealers will do. Those higher up the chain have little regard for the lives of those on the lower end - both users and dealers.

These folks that are supposed "friends" of CM, the night of the party, have already admitted that they were all using, at minimum, adderall and marijuana. Throw in the alcohol and the drug dealer boyfriend CM or EA were texting that night for "good rock" and, in my opinion, anything is possible...but, not anything good.

<mod snip>
As posted many times before, in my opinion, birds of a feather flock together. And, when the birds of a feather are vultures and scavengers, wasting their lives, time, money, and that of their families and loved ones, on the drug scene...? Well, I believe, the blanks can be filled in any number of ways; even the biggest blank of where she is and what happened.

With all respect, I think its unfair to say CM was leading a 'life full of bad choices'. She was a nice girl by all accounts who I believe was at that that conjuncture in life (that perhaps every young woman goes through) where she was finding herself so to speak. She had a steady job, paid her bills. Yes her BF was a dirtbag and a dealer and yes the people she hung out with that night abused at least adderall and who knows what else (this IMO does not make them bad people). She hadn't seen these people for over a year, and we haven't heard much mention of her other friends. Some seem to focus on the people she was hanging out with that night as reflection of the totality of CM's life. I've heard she had many friends, not just the ones from the party. She was a good daughter and loved her family. Did CM make some bad choice, Im sure as we all do. But I do not think her life was full of them and I don't think the bad choices of others should be reflected on her. IMO

In my opinion: drugs, questionable judgement/association in choice of friends and boyfriends, and the incident in March 2014 with CM and the stranger/friend reported by CM to the Fort Worth police. All of which show, in my opinion, that she was leading a life full of making bad decisions

Bad people, in my opinion, are always in the drug scene, especially the dealing end. You never know what someone hooked on a drug will do. You never know what drug dealers will do. Those higher up the chain have little regard for the lives of those on the lower end - both users and dealers.

These folks that are supposed "friends" of CM, the night of the party, have already admitted that they were all using, at minimum, adderall and marijuana. Throw in the alcohol and the drug dealer boyfriend CM or EA were texting that night for "good rock" and, in my opinion, anything is possible...but, not anything good.

<mod snip>
As posted many times before, in my opinion, birds of a feather flock together. And, when the birds of a feather are vultures and scavengers, wasting their lives, time, money, and that of their families and loved ones, on the drug scene...? Well, I believe, the blanks can be filled in any number of ways; even the biggest blank of where she is and what happened.

"Bad people" are in many scenes, QF, mingled in with good people. You don't have to look farther than politics to know that.

I used the term "issue" so I wouldn't post your business about your missing daughter without your consent. No nefarious intent.
It is quite a task to read through so many threads, yes. Makes me really sad that there are so many. Too many.
I just meant that if you read through, you'd have your questions answered. And who knows? Perhaps a fresh set of eyes might bring up something we missed the first go around.[emoji4]

BBM

No need for discretion, IMO. I reply directly if someone brings her up, yet remain aware that she is not the subject of this thread. I am a direct sort of person. Also, I figured QF would answer my question. I only intend to read as I have time available. Let us just move on.

With all respect, I think its unfair to say CM was leading a 'life full of bad choices'. She was a nice girl by all accounts who I believe was at that that conjuncture in life (that perhaps every young woman goes through) where she was finding herself so to speak. She had a steady job, paid her bills. Yes her BF was a dirtbag and a dealer and yes the people she hung out with that night abused at least adderall and who knows what else (this IMO does not make them bad people). She hadn't seen these people for over a year, and we haven't heard much mention of her other friends. Some seem to focus on the people she was hanging out with that night as reflection of the totality of CM's life. I've heard she had many friends, not just the ones from the party. She was a good daughter and loved her family. Did CM make some bad choice, Im sure as we all do. But I do not think her life was full of them and I don't think the bad choices of others should be reflected on her. IMO

While I acknowledge that bad choices can lead to bad results, I do agree very much with your post. My view is probably not the majority view when it comes to the subject of choices and freewill. I think we humans like to flatter ourselves that we possess more free will than we actually have. I believe drug abuse that persists beyond the teens or twenties is usually an indicator of self-medication (with mental illness being a cause) or accumulated "bad judgments." (The dopamine receptors are fried.)

These people were in their twenties and part of a generation that seems rather staunchly in favor of marijuana legalization. Adderall is a prescription drug for Christina, and I find it not at all strange that if she did not have her prescription drug with her that she would borrow one. I definitely oppose the recreational use of Adderall. I think it is quite a serious prescription drug and should never be used recreationally. To me the use of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana stem from huge cultural influences and the approval or disapproval of the "life style" has more to do with generational/political differences. Liquor remains a drug for the ages. :rolleyes:

ETA: I live in an apartment building full of older and aging people. Med-seeking behavior when it comes to pain is not at all uncommon.

ETA: On Christina being nice: Sometimes people are victimized not because of negative and unpleasant choices but precisely because the are nice. I think nice young people tend to be more vulnerable. Old people usually learn to stick up for themselves no matter how nice their inclinations may be. :maddening:

"Bad people" are in many scenes, QF, mingled in with good people. You don't have to look farther than politics to know that.

Unless I've missed something, there were no politicians out with the group that evening. Although, politicians in many places are now beginning to protect drug users. Not living in Texas, I don't know whether the politicians there are that type.

As to CM. Her work history everywhere, according to her linkedin, was short. According to the Fort Worth police report, the utilities are the house she shared with her drug dealer boyfriend were off. So, someone wasn't paying their bills.

Again, to me, all of the talk about what her relationships were with friends and family are encapsulated in the fact that it was not any of them who got the ball rolling on her disappearance, but a boss at a place where she had just begun working a few months prior.

Four days missing. No calls to the police from drug boyfriend, drug ex-boyfriend, friend at party Steve, or friend at party EA. No calls from the friend girls at the part. No calls from neighbors. No calls from mom or stepdad. No calls from dad or stepmom.

These are pretty much the facts on record. So, the closeness of CM to her friends and family are as much a conjecture, in my opinion, as everything else. If it weren't for the boss who had only known her a few months finally taking notice that she was gone, how long would it have been before any of the friends, family, boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend noticed and finally contacted police?

To me, that is part of the whole tragedy, the seeming lack of communication among people who are said to care so deeply about her. Twenty years ago, before cell phones and social media, I'd have believed it. But, CM was a person who was well into social media. Hard to believe, even if you forget about cell phones, that someone wouldn't have noticed that she wasn't posting anything on her facebook and the multiple instagram accounts she normally posted to.

Awful.

While I acknowledge that bad choices can lead to bad results, I do agree very much with your post. My view is probably not the majority view when it comes to the subject of choices and freewill. I think we humans like to flatter ourselves that we possess more free will than we actually have. I believe drug abuse that persists beyond the teens or twenties is usually an indicator of self-medication (with mental illness being a cause) or accumulated "bad judgments." (The dopamine receptors are fried.)

These people were in their twenties and part of a generation that seems rather staunchly in favor of marijuana legalization. Adderall is a prescription drug for Christina, and I find it not at all strange that if she did not have her prescription drug with her that she would borrow one. I definitely oppose the recreational use of Adderall. I think it is quite a serious prescription drug and should never be used recreationally. To me the use of alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana stem from huge cultural influences and the approval or disapproval of the "life style" has more to do with generational/political differences. Liquor remains a drug for the ages. :rolleyes:

ETA: I live in an apartment building full of older and aging people. Med-seeking behavior when it comes to pain is not at all uncommon.

ETA: On Christina being nice: Sometimes people are victimized not because of negative and unpleasant choices but precisely because the are nice. I think nice young people tend to be more vulnerable. Old people usually learn to stick up for themselves no matter how nice their inclinations may be. :maddening:

Agree. These are good points. As old as I am, I've had several friend succumb to drugs. And, alcohol, for that matter. For some of them, they just couldn't kick the habits. For others, they just liked the party lifestyle and would never grow up and leave it behind.

The sad part is the families left behind. I've had four friend along the life's long road die in drunk driving accidents. One in college, the others later. All tragic, the loss of fathers, daughters, spouses. All stupid and avoidable.

The drugs are the just as bad. I've had two buddies from high school kill themselves though a lifetime of drug use. Unfortunately, for both, marijuana was indeed their entrance into the drug scene. And, from there, it all escalated. Again, both left behind families and kids. Terrible.

The point is not to bash CM. The point is to answer the question posed: among those who believe EA is not along in whatever crime took place, why?

And, for me personally, having seen what I have seen in my life, the terrible and tragic, and sometimes unbelievable, ends wrought by drugs, that drugs were involved - particularly with closeness to a known drug dealer, that leaves the door cracked open to me for others being involved.

EA, yes. I've already said he should be up for murder instead of AK. Others, very possible in my mind just due to the people around her whole scene. Whether she was a good person or not is wholly irrelevant. If she was hanging around with bad people, her goodness would not have been able to overcome their drug-addled badness.

Awful and tragic, to be sure. If there were no drugs involved, no boyfriends, past or present, with drug arrests, I'd feel differently. I just know from watching friends go down the wrong path that those corner of the world are filled to the brim with bad people, selfish and bent on evil. Drugs kill their brains. And, when their brains are sufficiently killed, all sense of morality is forever gone. At that point, the sky is pretty much the limit on the evil they are capable of committing.

Unless I've missed something, there were no politicians out with the group that evening. Although, politicians in many places are now beginning to protect drug users. Not living in Texas, I don't know whether the politicians there are that type.

As to CM. Her work history everywhere, according to her linkedin, was short. According to the Fort Worth police report, the utilities are the house she shared with her drug dealer boyfriend were off. So, someone wasn't paying their bills.

Again, to me, all of the talk about what her relationships were with friends and family are encapsulated in the fact that it was not any of them who got the ball rolling on her disappearance, but a boss at a place where she had just begun working a few months prior.

Four days missing. No calls to the police from drug boyfriend, drug ex-boyfriend, friend at party Steve, or friend at party EA. No calls from the friend girls at the part. No calls from neighbors. No calls from mom or stepdad. No calls from dad or stepmom.

These are pretty much the facts on record. So, the closeness of CM to her friends and family are as much a conjecture, in my opinion, as everything else. If it weren't for the boss who had only known her a few months finally taking notice that she was gone, how long would it have been before any of the friends, family, boyfriend, or ex-boyfriend noticed and finally contacted police?

To me, that is part of the whole tragedy, the seeming lack of communication among people who are said to care so deeply about her. Twenty years ago, before cell phones and social media, I'd have believed it. But, CM was a person who was well into social media. Hard to believe, even if you forget about cell phones, that someone wouldn't have noticed that she wasn't posting anything on her facebook and the multiple instagram accounts she normally posted to.

Awful.

Her work history was short? The girl had just turned 23 and has employment listed all the way back to 2009. She worked her way through college, and appears to have graduated in 4 years, IMO, that's no small feat.

Hindsight is 20/20, it's easy to spread the blame around to everyone else, but it's a pretty obvious distraction from the person who is to blame for her disappearance. It is truly unfortunate and tragic that she was not reported missing sooner, but IMO I don't think it would have had much of an affect on bringing her home safely. Am I reading that correctly that you listed EA in your list of people you expected would have called the police to report her missing?

Furthermore, not calling the police is completely different than not trying to contact Christina. We have learned that her friends and family did try contacting her in those 4 days. I don't know about you, but I've taken a long time to get back to people before, and have never been reported missing.

As far as social media, she didn't appear that active to me. There are plenty of days where she didn't post for 4 days at a time. It doesn't seem unusual or "hard to believe" that no one called the police because she wasn't on social media for 4 days.

Awful.

Depending on how irritating I found my mother at any particular time in my life, I would communicate with her every two weeks to every month and a half. Family upsets are not evidence necessarily as to how close families are and different families have different communication patterns. JM is on record as to the frequency of their communication, and I have seen absolutely nothing to indicate that this family does not indeed care deeply about Christina. She was, however, an adult and not a child. I would she suspect she communicated pretty more frequently than she may have wanted to but probably not as frequently as her mother may have desired. I do not know if you are male or female, but my women friends and I have often had long and significant discussions about our relationships with our mothers and with our daughters. Many books have actually been written on how complicated female identity and the relationship with the mother can be. However, the focus is surely upon what happened to Christina that was directly related to her disappearance.

Her family is certainly focused upon finding her now.

Agree. These are good points. As old as I am, I've had several friend succumb to drugs. And, alcohol, for that matter. For some of them, they just couldn't kick the habits. For others, they just liked the party lifestyle and would never grow up and leave it behind.

The sad part is the families left behind. I've had four friend along the life's long road die in drunk driving accidents. One in college, the others later. All tragic, the loss of fathers, daughters, spouses. All stupid and avoidable.

The drugs are the just as bad. I've had two buddies from high school kill themselves though a lifetime of drug use. Unfortunately, for both, marijuana was indeed their entrance into the drug scene. And, from there, it all escalated. Again, both left behind families and kids. Terrible.

The point is not to bash CM. The point is to answer the question posed: among those who believe EA is not along in whatever crime took place, why?

And, for me personally, having seen what I have seen in my life, the terrible and tragic, and sometimes unbelievable, ends wrought by drugs, that drugs were involved - particularly with closeness to a known drug dealer, that leaves the door cracked open to me for others being involved.

EA, yes. I've already said he should be up for murder instead of AK. Others, very possible in my mind just due to the people around her whole scene. Whether she was a good person or not is wholly irrelevant. If she was hanging around with bad people, her goodness would not have been able to overcome their drug-addled badness.

Awful and tragic, to be sure. If there were no drugs involved, no boyfriends, past or present, with drug arrests, I'd feel differently. I just know from watching friends go down the wrong path that those corner of the world are filled to the brim with bad people, selfish and bent on evil. Drugs kill their brains. And, when their brains are sufficiently killed, all sense of morality is forever gone. At that point, the sky is pretty much the limit on the evil they are capable of committing.

To me, drugs are a tool in a similar way that a gun is a tool. It is how they are each used that matters. Morphine given to relieve that pain of the terminally ill is a blessing. People are fond of saying, "Guns don't kill people. People do." Drugs are the same. They can be a curse or a blessing depending upon how they are used. However, at what point does causation of any problem begin? For some, the propensity to addiction beings when the sperm meets the egg and on back in their ancestry. None of that serves the current quandary. Did EA act alone? I do not think a user (EA in this instance) is somehow less evil than a dealer (you know who). All the drug use and dealing in the world does not equal the cold intentionality of murder.

Looking over your recent posts in this thread (and I have thoroughly looked them over), I cannot see that you have posited an actual theory as to why you believe EA did not act alone, although you may certainly have done so in the past and perhaps now feel restrained by the rules. None of us can judge well the character of people we do not actually know unless we know for a fact specific behavior and motivations. So people's character is not a smoking gun. To me, the idea that CM was hanging our with bad people and may have used poor judgment means that we are looking at a frame surrounding the event of her disappearance, and does not actually get to the cause itself because correlation does not equal causation.

If you have anything that definitely ties EA to the actual drug business of Christina's bf besides his consumption of drugs, that would be worth hearing and yet, would not quite get us there. If one is around bad people and is kidnapped and murdered, naturally LE would take a look at the bad people and I assume that they have. Leaving the bad person of EA aside, what are the facts besides saying that there were bad people near her? A milieu of drug selling and abuse does not necessarily result in the death of any specific person. Why CM? Why then?

What steps taken in the hours, days before her abduction caused EA to take her? If there was premeditation that involved someone else, where is the tie-in?

To Monday-morning quarterback that her disappearance or murder can be tied to friends or family not reporting her missing to police for four days and that the four days passed because of recreational pot use is illogical. I don't do drugs but did smoke some pot in my 20's, I won't hold it against someone who didn't. However, I would suggest that if you didn't, go out and get a friend tonight and live a little.

Christina's disappearance is a tragedy resulting from one disturbed individual who had an opportunity and forever changed lives and he has been investigated and will likely pay a significant price.

Daisy, those were posts chocked-full and overflowing with incredible thinking and insight. Thank you so much!

To your questions of "If there was premeditation that involved someone else, where is the tie-in?", I'd suggest we should add one other alongside: "What evidence do we have to put any of these theoretical 'bad guys' in CM's company after she was last seen on video at 3:58?"

As you note, there are bad guys out there. But we can't just find out that they are wrong-doers in general, or that they had some connection to CM in general, or that they weren't the best family or friend or bf to CM in general, but instead we need something that shows involvement in THIS crime committed against her.

We have that in regards to EA. In spades, in fact. But we don't have it in regards to any other bad guy. It takes evidence related to THIS crime - an abduction, disappearance, and perhaps murder - to arrest, try, and convict, and for anyone other than EA, we don't have a lick of it.

EA's court records:

Aggravated Kidnapping
http://imgur.com/Zag0cOc
8wpughH.jpg

Sexual Assault of Child
http://imgur.com/xmQ8RRs
dlTSXso.jpg

What steps taken in the hours, days before her abduction caused EA to take her? If there was premeditation that involved someone else, where is the tie-in?

If EA did this (and I'm inclined to believe he did) I don't believe it was even premeditation with him. I think it happened suddenly as the opportunity presented itself inside the garage without any outside involvement. I can see it involving someone else, but only after EA committed the AK and whatever followed that offense. If EA planned this (and how would he predict he would be with Christina at that moment in the garage with no witnesses?) he would have been less likely to have damage to his vehicle (he would already have thought out where he was going to go) and probably less likely to have the bruises and injured leg.

Richard K Franklin is now listed as the attorney for the AK charge. Keith Gore listed for the SA charge. (and now ya know...):jail:

https://apps.collincountytx.gov/injail/InJailSearch.aspx

http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_d2615bde-8a12-11e4-a797-877315f7b9af.html

An article dated December 14, 2014, announced,
"Arochi changed lawyers for the third time on Monday, hiring Richard K. Franklin to represent him".
Did Arochi change lawyers back in December or add an additional lawyer to his team?

The article linked is the one showing the picture of the searchers standing in the shape of a near perfect heart. That was already three months ago. :tantrum:
Something has got to give!

I so wish they would find Christina, not just to answer more questions about what happened, but just for her family's sake. I cannot imagine their pain. I do remember how I worried my mother so many times with my independence and stubbornness - I just couldn't understand what she was so worried about. Now I thank my lucky stars, I could tell some stories on here where I put myself in harm's way many times. I would use my smart mouth to men that could have knocked me over in one blow. I remember girlfriends saying "Don't answer them, just keep walking" but I thought I was tough. I realize now that most of that came from being sexually abused (and I did all the acting out the books tell you about). Sorry to get off topic, just look so many times a day to see if this pretty little flower of a girl has been found, so sad.

I actually meant to post to say thanks to everyone for the good posts today, certainly had my interest - it's great every one cares this much and puts so much thought into how they feel. I used to read a lot more books before I joined WS, but I am so moved by you caring people. Group hug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member