GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #40 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending hugs and love to you today, JMOM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

There's also a recent motion for a change of venue (which might have some merit, legally), as well as one to get access to expert witness's underlying data (virtually certain to be granted).

There's also a recent motion for a change of venue (which might have some merit, legally), as well as one to get access to expert witness's underlying data (virtually certain to be granted).
Will that cause further delay?

Making the decisions on motions such as these won't delay anything. They are a part of any trial process.

A change of venue, if granted, might add SOME delay to start the courtroom aspect of the trial. But it's mostly a matter of details and logistics, and it's certainly not a given that there will be one. The issue will come down to whether there can be a fair trial conducted locally, or not, and they typically look for ways to avoid one because of the inconvenience it presents to those involved.

If the trial is moved, the judge may hand it off to another judge, or he might opt to travel and do it himself. It certainly streamlines the process if there is not a change of judges.

But conducting the trial elsewhere is more or less the same process, taking pretty much the same time to conduct, except with a different jury pool and a necessity for many to travel several hours every court day or else live out of town for an extended period.

"I hope that by sequestering the jury, that means the trial will start?"

A decision to sequester (or to not sequester) the jury during the trial has no real bearing on the start date of a trial. And as far as we know, no decision has yet been rendered on that motion.

I can't help but feel very saddened by all these motions.
I really hope it's all just a tactic, but I can't help but think there has to be a reason his lawyer is trying. Could there be problems, if there wasn't why would he try. Then a part of me thinks he's clutching at straws because the evidence is so against his EA.
I'm very frustrated as I'm from Scotland, and I don't understand all the meanings of these motions etc.. I'v never followed a case so closely.

"I really hope it's all just a tactic, but I can't help but think there has to be a reason his lawyer is trying."

Yep. I think all of us feel that way. It's impossible to distinguish if there's any meat to this stuff, until it gets to court and the judge rules. Heck, we don't even know the wording in the motions, to be sure exactly what they are claiming and to see if it even sounds plausible.

One of the biggest frustrations in our justice system is watching a go free because, for one reason or another, LE couldn't tell the jury the whole story and let them decide the truth based on everything. The protections are there for a good reason, but at the end of the day, I always hope for justice to win, not technicalities that skewed things for one side or the other.

I really hope it's all just a tactic, but I can't help but think there has to be a reason his lawyer is trying. Could there be problems, if there wasn't why would he try. Then a part of me thinks he's clutching at straws because the evidence is so against his EA.
I'm very frustrated as I'm from Scotland, and I don't understand all the meanings of these motions etc.. I'v never followed a case so closely.

I watched a Dateline the other night and the defense lawyer said it is basically malpractice if they don't submit these kind of motions. So it sounds routine and par for the course. IMHO

Hi Lolly, I just wanted to say Hello because when this case started and Christina first went missing I lived in Collin County and I regularly drank coffee at a Starbucks where her missing flyers were posted. I lived right in her neighborhood, more or less.

Now I live in London. This has dragged on so so long. I feel horrible for her poor mother.

I wish they could find her. I almost wish that as much or perhaps even more than I hope the trial comes to a close, although, that too is obviously important.

I followed the April Jones case so closely and of course she was never found. I recently read their book, "Our April" which I purchased at a bookstore after I moved here to London. It was interesting watching a case in Wales from the US, the differences in the laws, and the trials, and in particular the restrictions put on media coverage are always fascinating.

Can we name or sleuth those who have been subpoenaed as of May 10, 2016? I'm curious as to what role each might potentially play in terms of people we know, expert witnesses, etc.

If you would please, today, say a prayer for Christina's family. It's been a rough morning. Justice will eventually be served. Evil never wins and we will never give up on Christina!

Sexual Assault Case:

08/01/2016 Jury Trial
Time: 9:00 AM
Cancelled Reason:Cancelled: Reset

12/05/2016 Jury Trial
Time: 9:00 AM

https://apps.collincountytx.gov/JudicialRecords/Case/1387102/100/Other|Inmate Detail

More delays!!
It seems like E.A. is like a cat and has 9 postponement lives for goodness sake! They (his defence team) are just putting off the inevitable.....he is going away forever. IMO
I am thinking of her family today and how they must feel. So sad.

"I really hope it's all just a tactic, but I can't help but think there has to be a reason his lawyer is trying."

Yep. I think all of us feel that way. It's impossible to distinguish if there's any meat to this stuff, until it gets to court and the judge rules. Heck, we don't even know the wording in the motions, to be sure exactly what they are claiming and to see if it even sounds plausible.

One of the biggest frustrations in our justice system is watching a go free because, for one reason or another, LE couldn't tell the jury the whole story and let them decide the truth based on everything. The protections are there for a good reason, but at the end of the day, I always hope for justice to win, not technicalities that skewed things for one side or the other.

Thank you for your reply. I always interested in your opinion :) I agree... I just can't help but get a bad feeling about it all now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena