GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
what other forms of a conclusion for law enforcement is there than finding who is responsible?

Yes that is exactly what is at the center of discussion here...We are now 9threads and 38 days into this with out any issued claimed Crime.
The problem is there is No Crime,No Crime scene,No evidence of Foul Play,No Leads,No one reported her missing until 4 days after last seen.

At this point LE says they are following up on leads. It is not a crime for someone to just leave their life and start over.

what other forms of a conclusion for law enforcement is there than finding who is responsible?

finding some one decide to run off? Finding the remains of someone who went to a secluded place and committed suicide? I'm not saying i think either of those things happened, the suicide one particularly is unlikely, but they're not impossible. More to the point since LE has repeatedly insisted they don't even know if a crime was committed I think a request for information leading to finding Christina AND/OR arresting anyone criminally responsible might get more takers.

finding some one decide to run off? Finding the remains of someone who went to a secluded place and committed suicide? I'm not saying i think either of those things happened, the suicide one particularly is unlikely, but they're not impossible. More to the point since LE has repeatedly insisted they don't even know if a crime was committed I think a request for information leading to finding Christina AND/OR arresting anyone criminally responsible might get more takers.
I'm not sure of specifics, but in order to qualify as an exempt charity, you likely need to have a mandate and then be able to support that the spending of money and offering of reward is consistent with the mandate. Otherwise, a charity can willy-nilly spend money and still gain the tax advantage. If the Crimestopper mandate is 'to fight crime', then the reward needs to be tied to the crime component.

If she disappeared on her own free will, then no crime has been committed and there can be no reward. There have to be some parameters.

i understand there have to be parameters but since they are offering a reward in a situation where supposedly they don't even know if a crime has been committed it makes the most sense TO ME AND ONLY ME that the reward would be for closing the file so to speak whether thats through an arrest or through discovering information that no crime was committed therefor no more resources need to be spent of investigating or searching and people feel safer in the community.

I'm not sure of specifics, but in order to qualify as an exempt charity, you likely need to have a mandate and then be able to support that the spending of money and offering of reward is consistent with the mandate. Otherwise, a charity can willy-nilly spend money and still gain the tax advantage. If the Crimestopper mandate is 'to fight crime', then the reward needs to be tied to the crime component.

thanks this is a good answer to the original question i ask.

I'm trying to see how this might be an update worth mentioning. I guess any update is good, but since we saw them walking into the garage, whether they had stopped and played leapfrog for a few minutes along the way doesn't seem important. Maybe I'm missing something though. And I thought that Tilley had said previously that 'there was no evidence that Christina had ever been south of Legacy', of course this was after he said that she had been at a party at 5700 Scruggs Way, which is a couple of blocks south of Legacy. Ugh, just shoot me.

BF was just asked on twitter if there is footage of cars exiting parking garage...her reply was "not that has been released".

O/T it would be extremely odd if two hours after the reward was raised...there were a big break in the case.

BTW, momoffourboys, I am not in any way discounting you posting the link, just doesn't seem like much news from BF_starnews.

BTW, momoffourboys, I am not in any way discounting you posting the link, just doesn't seem like much news from BF_starnews.

I agree. I think the update may just be the increased reward. I hope not.

I'm trying to see how this might be an update worth mentioning. I guess any update is good, but since we saw them walking into the garage, whether they had stopped and played leapfrog for a few minutes along the way doesn't seem important. Maybe I'm missing something though. And I thought that Tilley had said previously that 'there was no evidence that Christina had ever been south of Legacy', of course this was after he said that she had been at a party at 5700 Scruggs Way, which is a couple of blocks south of Legacy. Ugh, just shoot me.

LOL @ leap frog. Yeah it really doesn't seem significant what happened before they entered the garage; what we want to know is what happened after they go out of camera range.

BF was just asked on twitter if there is footage of cars exiting parking garage...her reply was "not that has been released".

O/T it would be extremely odd if two hours after the reward was raised...there were a big break in the case.

Definitely - that would mean somebody knew something all along IMO

WOW ... I have a great idea ... now I am thinking it might be a long shot ..but what if there was some one like a video car expert that might be able to help???? Forgive me if this idea has been brought up ...because I am sure... I must not be the only one to think, I came up with it all by myselfBRUCESHARK.jpg

I know what you are saying. Unless people know more than we do (sure of that btw) I would think there would be a reward for information to finding Christina, as you said; whether it be good or bad, i.e. a voluntary disappearance. IMO

WOW ... I have a great idea ... now I am thinking it might be a long shot ..but what if there was some one like a video car expert that might be able to help???? Forgive me if this idea has been brought up ...because I am sure... I must not be the only one to think, I came up with it all by myselfView attachment 60920

:winner:

Wonder if the reporter can get a copy of that footage of the grainy cars going in the garage and coming out of the garage ..especially the 3 cars around that time frame..

We can help with that I am sure :thinking:

LOL @ leap frog. Yeah it really doesn't seem significant what happened before they entered the garage; what we want to know is what happened after they go out of camera range.
The only reason that I can imagine as to why they would choose to release that seemingly irrelevant piece of information about Christina and the walker on the way to the garage is either
a) to put someone who might have been following them on notice that they have some video evidence of that or
b) to put the walker on notice that they have video evidence that they saw something happen between them on the way. idk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow