Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The woods have a number of ATV trails. He could have gotten turned around and walked in the wrong direction until he got tired. He may have crawled into a hidey hole in brush and woods debris to sleep and hide. Best chance to locate him in the woods would be to use a helicopter or drone with a Flir thermal camera.
Search enters 3rd day for missing 3-year-old Grimes County boy

It appears they are having difficulty using ATVs and even helicopters when searching.

From article:

The forest is so thick, crews say it's impossible to search by ATVs, and there is a heavy canopy, so it's hard to see the ground from above.

‘Unfortunately at a standstill’: Search for 3-year-old missing in Grimes County has expanded, sheriff says

3-year-old Christopher Ramirez missing in Texas | kagstv.com

It's been nearly 48 hours since 3-year-old Christopher Ramirez has been missing from his home in Plantersville. A witness told law enforcement Christopher was last seen chasing a dog into a nearby wooded area.

1:00pm Update
Grimes County Sheriff Don Sowell said Christopher's stepfather is a registered sex offender and one of two living in the area. However, Sheriff Sowell said the stepfather was not near the scene at the time of Christopher's disappearance. The sheriff said that was an angle that had already been checked out early in the investigation and has been cleared. The other offender was also cleared in the case

10:00 am update
Grimes County Sheriff Don Sowell and Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch said the search for 3-year-old Christopher Ramirez is still ongoing. They are continuing to criss-cross their search grid and slowly expand out.

The search teams are experts and there is no call for volunteers at this time.

Miller said the search is about a process of elimination because the area is so large for a small boy.

Missing boy Grimes County update: Search to resume at sunrise | khou.com

Day 3 of search
Grimes County Sheriff Don Sowell said a briefing Friday morning that a night team continued searching for Christopher through the evening, but that there's no new information.

A fresh team is conducting a search and will report back later today before another team is sent out, he said.

I’ll be honest with you folks, at this moment I have no leads to give you,” the sheriff said. “We have no leads to go on.”

The sheriff said the search grid has been expanded slightly beyond the subdivision and they are rechecking some areas in case they have missed anything.

The sheriff said part of his team included investigators who are looking into the possibility of any criminal issues in relation to the disappearance of Christopher. Investigators have not ruled out foul play.

There have been “no red flags” raised as investigators revisit the family and extended family members and their alibis, the sheriff said.

He added that federal agents were reviewing phone records as well.

“At this moment, we have no reason to believe that is the case, but we are expanding our (investigation),” the sheriff said.

The sheriff explained they do not need any more volunteers help search at this time. He said having too many people could “clog up” the search and even contaminate the search grid.

“We have to keep it as a structured environment,” he said.

Sheriff Sowell also said this is still a rescue, not a recovery.

That could explain why Christopher's mother and grandfather feel like he has been taken. Both of them said since it had been so long that he's been lost someone had to have taken him. Though LE doesn't see anything that would lead them to believe that is the case. On a side note there are 2 registered SOs in that community and both have been checked out.
Trying to catch up on the latest. First question - has the neighbor who reported seeing Christopher follow the dog into the woods been vetted?

I listened to the mom. I believe her. I wanted to hear her, not a translation. JMO. But I heard her say Christopher was reported by the neighbor to have run down the street after the dog. That to me is a bit different than running straight into the woods. Does anyone know exactly where he entered the woods? I would be afraid he was near the highway, maybe (I hate to say) in a ditch. TY and MOO.
Agree that mother is believable she can hardly breath gasping for breath. I felt her pain.

Trying to catch up on the latest. First question - has the neighbor who reported seeing Christopher follow the dog into the woods been vetted?
The only thing I've seen/heard is that she is an older neighbor. Mom checked the backyard and then went back to the front calling for him, a neighbor (an older woman) told her she had seen him running after their dog. Which gets me to thinking, mom said he doesn't leave the property, what if he played in the woods more than mom knew, if the neighbor didn't think anything of it. At 3 years old, yeah probably not, it was just a thought.

Anyone else notice that there are different versions of the story? Some sources say Mom was unloading groceries and others say she was unpacking things from her mobile food business. I’ve read that Mom, Grandma and Christopher had just returned from running errands. I’ve also seen where they had just returned from selling food on the side of the road. There are also a couple of different stories about where she was and what she was doing when he “ran off”.

And now we learn that his stepfather is an RSO? (Though we don’t know if his crime was against adult or child.)

Some stories say the neighbor says he went into the woods, some say he was running down the road. Confused. I’m hoping this is just due to the language barrier and not shifting stories.

Do we know if the family home and the neighbor’s home have been searched by LE?

Anyone else notice that there are different versions of the story? Some sources say Mom was unloading groceries and others say she was unpacking things from her mobile food business. I’ve read that Mom, Grandma and Christopher had just returned from running errands. I’ve also seen where they had just returned from selling food on the side of the road. There are also a couple of different stories about where she was and what she was doing when he “ran off”.

And now we learn that his stepfather is an RSO? (Though we don’t know if his crime was against adult or child.)
Not uncommon early on when facts are still being established. Fast food media era ...

Have they got anyone besides the family who saw this little one at the food truck that day? Besides the family? Any chance the neighbor is wrong about seeing him THAT day? Not really having a good feeling about this AT ALL.

Some stories say the neighbor says he went into the woods, some say he was running down the road. Confused. I’m hoping this is just due to the language barrier and not shifting stories.

Do we know if the family home and the neighbor’s home have been searched by LE?
When she spoke into the microphone, she was saying "calle", or "road" in where Christopher had gone with their (nuestro) dog - it wasn't a neighbors dog.

Not uncommon early on when facts are still being established. Fast food media era ...

In the past, when someone goes missing, it seems that those with the person say they turned their back for only a second or a moment, but that LE surmises that time is actually longer than said. I know also that a three-year-old toddler can run very fast and far, but I'm guessing searchers are keeping that in mind. I hope this little boy is found soon!

Sheriff Guidry and several members of the Waller County Sheriff’s Office spent the day helping our partners to the north search for young Christopher Ramirez.
We would like to thank the Magnolia Kroger store #142 for providing food for over 100 searchers.
Sadly, Christopher has not been located at this time. If anyone sees anything or knows anything related to Christopher’s disappearance, please contact the Grimes County Sheriff’s Office.
Our prayers go out to Christopher and his loved ones that he is soon located safely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back