Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When she spoke into the microphone, she was saying "calle", or "road" in where Christopher had gone with their (nuestro) dog - it wasn't a neighbors dog.

I know it’s not the neighbor’s dog. I wasn’t questioning that. Some articles say that the boy went down the road, and some say he went into the woods. Are these the same direction? If he went down the road someone could snag him much easier than if he went into the woods. Did anyone actually see him go into the woods, or did they just see the dog come out?

Sheriff Guidry and several members of the Waller County Sheriff’s Office spent the day helping our partners to the north search for young Christopher Ramirez.
We would like to thank the Magnolia Kroger store #142 for providing food for over 100 searchers.
Sadly, Christopher has not been located at this time. If anyone sees anything or knows anything related to Christopher’s disappearance, please contact the Grimes County Sheriff’s Office.
Our prayers go out to Christopher and his loved ones that he is soon located safely.
as each day passes it makes me worry so much more...
JMO

The only thing I've seen/heard is that she is an older neighbor. Mom checked the backyard and then went back to the front calling for him, a neighbor (an older woman) told her she had seen him running after their dog. Which gets me to thinking, mom said he doesn't leave the property, what if he played in the woods more than mom knew, if the neighbor didn't think anything of it. At 3 years old, yeah probably not, it was just a thought.
Thank you, that makes me feel better.

I'm holding on to hope that Christopher went farther than expected and Mom didn't miss him for a bit longer than stated. He's out there somewhere, glad to hear Tim's crew is in on the search!! Sending hugs and comfort to Araceli as she waits for Christopher's return.

Some stories say the neighbor says he went into the woods, some say he was running down the road. Confused. I’m hoping this is just due to the language barrier and not shifting stories.

Do we know if the family home and the neighbor’s home have been searched by LE?
I haven't seen/heard anything about him going to a road other than another sleuther fearing he may have gone by a road and now might be in a ditch. Everything I've heard, listening to the mom and grandfather. have said into the woods chasing the dog. One of the pressers said all neighbors have been contacted and all have been helpful.

Again, I don't know that it is related, but this prior incident was a man doing everything he could it seems to get an 8 year old in his truck. He dropped a baggy to get the boy to apparently hand it back to him and then grabbed his arms. I hope the lady, in this case, did not miss that the dog was running to a vehicle or "intruder" of sorts and the boy chasing the dog and then he vanished.

Again, the Sheriff said NO evidence of foul play. But, I was looking at comments on the above video and saw someone mention prior abduction attempts in the area...And OH gosh, there is a report of one from August 21. The locations look to be 15 minutes away from eachother. Google Maps

View attachment 316459

A sex offender search I did of the area is concerning to me as well.

Important information from the Grimes County Sheriff’s Office:

**ATTEMPTED CHILD ABDUCTION**
On August 21, 2021 at approximately 10 am Grimes County Deputies were dispatched to the 14000 block of County Road 304 in reference to an attempted child abduction.

The reporting party advised her 8 year old son was taking trash to a trash receptacle at the roadway of their residence when an older model white Ford pickup pulled into their driveway. She stated a white male with a mustache approached her son and asked him to get into his vehicle with him.

When the child refused, the male dropped a baggie onto the ground. The child attempted to hand the baggie back to the male subject when the male grabbed him by the arm and told him to get into his truck. The child was able to pull away from the suspect and he returned back to his vehicle.

The reporting party advised her son stated the truck continued north bound on County Road 304 back towards the Stoneham area. Deputies patrolled the area heavily but were unable to locate any vehicles matching the description.

The white male is described as having a mustache, wearing blue jeans, a blue jean button up jacket and Nike shoes.

If you have any information regarding this incident, you are encouraged to contact the Grimes County Sheriff's Office immediately at 936-873-2151.
See Less

You know, I believe the mom. I have many kids in my school who are from south of the border so to speak, and the parents are more protective than most of my other parents. I feel that he was picked up too. JMO.

You know, I believe the mom. I have many kids in my school who are from south of the border so to speak, and the parents are more protective than most of my other parents. I feel that he was picked up too. JMO.
I was re listening to some of the videos because I didn't remember Araceli saying anything about a road, but there are so many videos now. Something she said struck me. I see why Araceli thinks someone snatched him up. She said if he could hear her calling he would have come out. She was adamant. If he could hear me he would have come to me. It hurts my heart to hear her.

Thank you, that makes me feel better.

I'm holding on to hope that Christopher went farther than expected and Mom didn't miss him for a bit longer than stated. He's out there somewhere, glad to hear Tim's crew is in on the search!! Sending hugs and comfort to Araceli as she waits for Christopher's return.

I would hope when LE and search teams arrive to look for a lost child they take the length of time a parent says they weren't observing their child with a grain of salt and enlarge the perimeter of the search, especially if it is known that hazards like water, sinkholes, roads and wild animals are around.

Christopher's mom is legitimately distraught in losing sight of her son. I think most parents who end up in this situation may minimize the timeline because they don't want to be seen as a bad parent and because they feel a lot of guilt and that makes it hard to verbalize. She has said only seconds to several minutes she didn't check on him. I also believe stress can distort time making it difficult to accurately describe. IMO

That should be the case with all parents. Sadly, being here, I've learned that is not always the case.

Some stories say the neighbor says he went into the woods, some say he was running down the road. Confused.

I’m hoping this is just due to the language barrier and not shifting stories.

I am optimistically hoping that it is the language barrier.

As a side note, some of the the Spanish words that might have been used by the mother and other witnesses can have dual meanings.

For example, " los abarrotes" can easily mean household groceries or food supplies for a business. Likewise, la camina or el sendero both mean "path" (la camina can also mean "walk / manner of life "), but..... I would not be surprised if they are also used to indicate an unpaved road.

That aide, if there is a translation derived language barrier, hopefully they can obtain a translator with known skills as soon as possible.

Sometimes this can be hard as technical fluency in a language and socio economic / cultural fluency regarding how words are used are not always one in the same.

I am optimistically hoping that it is the language barrier.

As a side note, some of the the Spanish words that might have been used by the mother and other witnesses can have dual meanings.

For example, " los abarrotes" can easily mean household groceries or food supplies for a business. Likewise, la camina or el sendero both mean "path" (la camina can also mean "walk / manner of life "), but..... I would not be surprised if they are also used to indicate an unpaved road.

That aide, if there is a translation derived language barrier, hopefully they can obtain a translator with known skills as soon as possible.

Sometimes this can be hard as technical fluency in a language and socio economic / cultural fluency regarding how words are used are not always one in the same.
Very Very true. My Spanish is from the SW desert area (my family has been here generations) about 2 hours from the border and it is waaaay different from Spanish the other side of the border to deep in Mexico.

I dont know.

My children's school is over 90% Hispanic. I have been presumed to be Hispanic due to a language ability and my wife and I have taken at risk Hispanic youth into our home.

I have not noticed any more, or any less protectiveness between Hispanic parents and parents of other ethnic groups. Rather, mothers just seem to be mothers.

From what I have seen with Hispanics, this includes the same proportions of protective, permissive, as well as good and bad as any other group. Likewise, Hispanic parents are just as capable as making good or bad choices as any other group.

As for believing the mother, there are no articulable reasons not to believe her. At the same time, I think it is wise that the police are investigating all possibilities.

Last edited:
I would hope when LE and search teams arrive to look for a lost child they take the length of time a parent says they weren't observing their child with a grain of salt and enlarge the perimeter of the search, especially if it is known that hazards like water, sinkholes, roads and wild animals are around.

Christopher's mom is legitimately distraught in losing sight of her son. I think most parents who end up in this situation may minimize the timeline because they don't want to be seen as a bad parent and because they feel a lot of guilt and that makes it hard to verbalize. She has said only seconds to several minutes she didn't check on him. I also believe stress can distort time making it difficult to accurately describe. IMO

Agreed!!! And I hope LE goes all out in the search for this little boy, with drones, dogs, divers, the works!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back