Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In this case we have an eyewitness that says she saw Christopher chasing a dog. Whether it was into the woods or what, I am not 100% sure although articles say woods. The mom says he would not go into the woods that he always stays on their property. I grabbed this screenshot from the video and honestly think it would be hard for any neighbor to say that Christopher went into the woods unless they were in the backyard of their home.

Secondly, IF he truly chased a dog into the woods and NOTHING else happened, it would seem based on google earth that he could have reached the woods in one minute. From the red car in front of the home to the denser area of woods right behind the house it measures .04 miles or 211 ft. Convert that to time for a child to get that far and according to this study it could be on average 13.6 seconds to get 50 feet. (yes, we are only talking walking not running) So Christopher could have been in the woods in approx. 1 minute. (I am assuming where he started from as well)

upload_2021-10-8_18-19-16.png

Some thoughts on timing.

The mom says she was unloading groceries and left him in the yard. She says she took her eyes off him for 2 minutes. I realize it probably felt like 2 minutes, but when you think how long it actually takes to carry in bags, open the door, put the bags on the counter, put the groceries away, we're talking 10 minutes. Then, she went outside - how long did it take her to become concerned when she couldn't find him? Another 5 minutes? Then she's out there shouting out the boy's name, which I guess attracts the attention of the neighbor who says she saw Christopher running off down the road chasing the dog. That's a long time, quite a head start.

In the interview Mom says repeatedly that Christopher wouldn't run off, but in fact, that's exactly what he appears to have done, at least initially. He might not have ever done it before, but it appears that's exactly what happened, which isn't unusual for happy confident little 3 year olds.

Has anyone read how long it took the dog to come back?

Do we know for a fact how many groceries were put away or all brought indoors or even that the whole procedure was done? I would say ten minutes would be a stretch to estimate considering we don't know all the variables. Even though parents may say they only took their eyes off their child for a few minutes or a few seconds, in past cases LE has suggested that time could be expanded somewhat but ten minutes is a bit of an overestimate in this particular case IMO. Unless we hear more details that show otherwise.

Tim Miller commenting on where they are on the search. Wow, you see how tired he is and it brings it home even more. Thankful for people like him that search.

He says they are Tired. Hot. Frustrated.
Plenty of experience.
Hard for them to get where he could have gone because so dense. High brush, etc.
Everyone beating themself up.
They were there 9 minutes after the 911 call.
He says it is one of the most difficult ones they have done. (basically, he says it looks different on google maps until you get here)
"Wherever he is at right now, it is not where he chose or wants to be."

Last edited:
Just adding some articles from this site that are good. Grabbed this one from the facebook page of Montgomery County:
It is not often that you see the Sheriff himself on the scene for the duration with his people. I have known Sheriff Sowell for over 40-years since he was a deputy in Harris County many moons ago. He has always been a leader and it has shown today. He has been on the scene since about 2pm and pulling every possible resource available to him, drones from Bryan, a helicopter from DPS, at least eight fire departments with full crews, and off-duty volunteers. In addition Montgomery County Search and Rescue and Montgomery County Precinct 1 Lake Patrol Dive Team. A Command truck was brought in from Bryan also to assist. Sheriff Sowell really cares about the citizens of Grimes County.SEARCH OF POND FOR CHILD COMES UP EMPTY HANDED
Divers with Montgomery County Precinct 1 Constable dove the slime-covered pond near the missing child home with no results. They also deployed a side scan sonar with no results. Texas Parks and Wildlife Game Wardens also deployed a boat and found nothing. Sheriff Sowell is still as a precaution possibly asking several of the fire departments on the scene to pump the pond dry at first light. The search continues through the night with crews retracing earlier steps.

I am not understanding something. The original reports state that Christopher was missing around 2 p.m., and that the dog returned around 8:30 p.m. That is a long, long time. (Link) I really feel LE needs to get a tracker dog or two and give it the family dog's scent, and then set the tracker to follow the trail. Dogs are super interested in other dogs. It's better than not doing this. It's a more directed search. While I don't feel a 3-year-old could keep up with the dog he started to follow, it might indicate the trajectory better than what is known now. MOO.

Will the search continue throughout the night, I wonder? He can't wait, can he?

I believe the terrain is worse than it appears on the maps (according to Mr. Miller). I think that at night, as it is quieter, is it possible LE could borrow (secret) military listening equipment? There is some super sensitive equipment that might be able to pick up a child's crying. Just MOO.

Just adding some articles from this site that are good. Grabbed this one from the facebook page of Montgomery County:
It is not often that you see the Sheriff himself on the scene for the duration with his people. I have known Sheriff Sowell for over 40-years since he was a deputy in Harris County many moons ago. He has always been a leader and it has shown today. He has been on the scene since about 2pm and pulling every possible resource available to him, drones from Bryan, a helicopter from DPS, at least eight fire departments with full crews, and off-duty volunteers. In addition Montgomery County Search and Rescue and Montgomery County Precinct 1 Lake Patrol Dive Team. A Command truck was brought in from Bryan also to assist. Sheriff Sowell really cares about the citizens of Grimes County.SEARCH OF POND FOR CHILD COMES UP EMPTY HANDED
Divers with Montgomery County Precinct 1 Constable dove the slime-covered pond near the missing child home with no results. They also deployed a side scan sonar with no results. Texas Parks and Wildlife Game Wardens also deployed a boat and found nothing. Sheriff Sowell is still as a precaution possibly asking several of the fire departments on the scene to pump the pond dry at first light. The search continues through the night with crews retracing earlier steps.

I thought I read earlier on this thread somewhere that the pond has now been drained except for 7 inches of water depth.

Do we know for a fact how many groceries were put away or all brought indoors or even that the whole procedure was done? I would say ten minutes would be a stretch to estimate considering we don't know all the variables. Even though parents may say they only took their eyes off their child for a few minutes or a few seconds, in past cases LE has suggested that time could be expanded somewhat but ten minutes is a bit of an overestimate in this particular case IMO. Unless we hear more details that show otherwise.
If I remember correctly, from one of the videos, she set the bags on the steps going up to the door and in that instant he was off and running. As I posted earlier some of the videos I watched were of the reporters and a few actually had her speaking. Most of those were the Spanish speaking stations.

I am not understanding something. The original reports state that Christopher was missing around 2 p.m., and that the dog returned around 8:30 p.m. That is a long, long time. (Link) I really feel LE needs to get a tracker dog or two and give it the family dog's scent, and then set the tracker to follow the trail. Dogs are super interested in other dogs. It's better than not doing this. It's a more directed search. While I don't feel a 3-year-old could keep up with the dog he started to follow, it might indicate the trajectory better than what is known now. MOO.
So the dog was gone for over 6 hours? I wonder what kind of dog is it, and what condition did the dog came back in? Any water on its fur, for example?

Uncertainty grows amid search for Latino toddler who disappeared from home

Núñez, other relatives and some neighbors searched for Christopher for about 20 minutes before alerting authorities.

While search operations are expected to continue throughout the day and night, efforts seemed to reach "a standstill" on Friday afternoon, Grimes County Sheriff Donald Sowell said.

"We're not getting any tips through 911 calls or through our dispatch center," Sowell said

The boy speaks Spanish and may understand only Spanish, according to the Grimes County Sheriff’s Office.

Sowell said the search party had inspected several water tanks and reservoirs in the area. They have also done ground searches with K-9 units and have surveyed the area with drones and helicopters. Officials are also reviewing surveillance footage from nearby homes.

Missing 3-year-old Grimes County boy has been gone for 3 days with no clear trace to follow

UPDATE
As the sun sets on the third day of search and rescue efforts for a 3-year-old in Grimes County, there are still no indications on the child's whereabouts.

ALL of Christopher's immediate and extended family have been ruled out of potentially being persons of interest.

During the search, authorities said they searched three bodies of water and drained one pond that was a concern and found he was not in there.

Searches finished a fifth round of coordinated searches in the wooded area, including the use of canines around the perimeter of the area where Ramirez was last seen.

Is the stepfather a registered sex offender?
If the woods are so think that nobody can get through…..like Tim Miller was describing…then there is no way to find the boy. But, I guess, a dog could penetrate the brush, bushes, trees, etc.

Forgot to add…..if my 3 yr. old was missing in the woods behind my house…..I guarantee they would have to hogtie me to keep me out of there. I’d be belly crawling if I had to! If this little guy was only gone for as long as reported he was…..he would have been found MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back