Found Safe TX - Christopher Ramirez, 3, followed dog into woods, dog came back, Grimes Co, 6 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I sure hope that LE is extending their search for way over the two miles sq. distance mentioned in the press conference the other day. I would say twice that distance, as you can never underestimate just how far a three-year-old can run/walk!

I’m not sure what to think, kids can get away so quickly. Parents can lose track of time so quickly. Perps can prey on victims of opportunity to snatch a child quickly.

Story time….neighbors kid is 1 and comes running over anytime he sees our dog. I’m always surprised that he makes into our garage almost every attempt even with his parents calling to him and chasing after him.

Losing sight of him for 2 minutes could very well be 10 minutes without any nefarious reasons other than distractions.

once at a park i was buckling baby into stroller when my toddler toddled off about 20 feet away but still closer to me than anyone else. A car parked at the other end of the park, so basically 1/2 block away, man bails out and bee lines for toddler. I grabbed my baby and ran to my toddler, the man turned around and went straight back to his car and drove away. All under 2 minutes. Now imagine Christopher in the same scenario but his mom wasn’t looking at him for those 2 minutes. Scary.

I’m not sure what to think, kids can get away so quickly. Parents can lose track of time so quickly. Perps can prey on victims of opportunity to snatch a child quickly.

Story time….neighbors kid is 1 and comes running over anytime he sees our dog. I’m always surprised that he makes into our garage almost every attempt even with his parents calling to him and chasing after him.

Losing sight of him for 2 minutes could very well be 10 minutes without any nefarious reasons other than distractions.

once at a park i was buckling baby into stroller when my toddler toddled off about 20 feet away but still closer to me than anyone else. A car parked at the other end of the park, so basically 1/2 block away, man bails out and bee lines for toddler. I grabbed my baby and ran to my toddler, the man turned around and went straight back to his car and drove away. All under 2 minutes. Now imagine Christopher in the same scenario but his mom wasn’t looking at him for those 2 minutes. Scary.

How terrifying for you! Glad you were so alert, a person HAS to be! Yes, there is a toddler in my family circle and I can't keep up with him easily so I keep him close when babysitting! He does gravitate towards ponds and the like, so I won't let him get too close to water. They are remarkably FAST TOO!!!

Very Very true. My Spanish is from the SW desert area (my family has been here generations) about 2 hours from the border and it is waaaay different from Spanish the other side of the border to deep in Mexico.
I have a learned fluency in Spanish, not a family based one. Thus, my Spanish is more mechanical /dry than "warm" as from a family.

When I worked for a company that did alot of business with Mexicans, a Tejana (like you, been in US for generations) would assist when I gave her a "I know the words, but I don't know what he is saying" look.

Mexican businessmen from the interior, however, would often write using formal Spanish expressed in archaic grammar / verb tenses that had not been used orally for a generation or two.

Then, it was her turn to give me the "I can read the letter, but not the meaning" look. I had learned Spanish from grammatically stiff, out dated sources using olde fashioned verb tenses. This gave me an advantage with written Spanish.

Very Very true. My Spanish is from the SW desert area (my family has been here generations) about 2 hours from the border and it is waaaay different from Spanish the other side of the border to deep in Mexico.

I go to Panama a lot. I've been to Mexico quite a few times, too. As a non-Spanish speaking person I can't really tell the difference between the languages. Is the language that different between different Spanish speaking countries? The only difference that was really evident to me was when in Spain, specifically Barcelona. Everyone seemed to lisp.

Being a Canadian, I know that Quebecois French is very different than Parisian French.

Uncertainty grows amid search for Latino toddler who disappeared from home
Christopher Ramírez disappeared while his mother, Araceli Núñez, and another family member were unloading groceries from their car at around 1:30 p.m. The boy was playing with his dog outside the home in Plantersville and chased it out of sight of the adults, the family said.
During a news conference Thursday, Núñez pleaded for help finding her son, adding she believes someone took her boy and is hiding him from her.

"Please return my child to me," Núñez said in Spanish. "It's been a long time, I don't know what to do anymore. ... I'm desperate.

I go to Panama a lot. I've been to Mexico quite a few times, too. As a non-Spanish speaking person I can't really tell the difference between the languages. Is the language that different between different Spanish speaking countries? The only difference that was really evident to me was when in Spain, specifically Barcelona. Everyone seemed to lisp.

Being a Canadian, I know that Quebecois French is very different than Parisian French.
It's more in the meanings of the word from one area to the next. A common place word that we (where I am) would use in everyday conversation, in another area could mean something that is not used in mixed company.

I just saw a screenshot of a news article saying step dad is one of 2 Offenders in the immediate area. It’s at the bottom of the article.
Pond drained, little Christopher still missing

I wonder if the mom knew that the guy was a registered SO. I am guessing they are married, since he is referred to as the stepfather. As to why she so strongly suspects that the baby was abducted, I think I would have the same reaction when the dog came back without the little boy.
I hope he is found safe. I feel so bad for this mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight
Back