TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MW has a picture of a dog on FB that is a Mastiff/Great Dane mix and she claims he is 200 lbs. Appears she got him in April. I have a Dane myself and I can tell you that with their nails they can make very similar markings.

That all being said I only wish that was the result of a dog but I highly doubt it based on the outcome.

Thank you....I see the dog now. He definitely is part dane. Are you guys talking about the pictures of little Colton's face though? That does NOT look like dog scratches to me. At least looking at the scratches I have gotten from my dane when we play around. Also, the picture of his waist area looked like bruising made my hands like someone grabbed him with their fingers. Maybe the scratches there are from the dog?

Gosh....I hope not. I posted the link. :( The lady from KVUE said in the comments that they were just showing the wooded area.

Sorry to bring this up again but I'm not so sure it isn't what I thought I saw, I just looked at the tweet again and there were complaints it was what I thought, and now the tweet just went poof.

It looks like some kind of weapon to me...and by weapon I mean anything handy in the household that somebody took and whipped the child. I'm just trying to think it could be.

OMG do not Google child abuse abrasions.

Dog scratches involve more than one claw, although there are a couple of those scratches that are "double".

Those aren't strikes from a belt - there's no bruising, imho. It's like someone took one finger and scratched him all over.

I was looking more at the scratches to his face but I can kinda see what you mean about it not being a belt buckle. It looked really raised to me (the area above his ear), rather than two scratches in a line. Does that make sense? Honestly...there is no telling what it was done with. I can't believe we're even having to have this conversation. It makes me so mad.

Sorry to bring this up again but I'm not so sure it isn't what I thought I saw, I just looked at the tweet again and there were complaints it was what I thought, and now the tweet just went poof.

I have a hard time believing police have released the scene so quickly after removing his body. I also can't believe there wouldn't be more ground disturbances from where they excavated the ground, workers walking around, etc.

I was looking more at the scratches to his face but I can kinda see what you mean about it not being a belt buckle. It looked really raised to me (the area above his ear), rather than two scratches in a line. Does that make sense? Honestly...there is no telling what it was done with. I can't believe we're even having to have this situation. It makes me so mad.

I wondered about snapping a towel? Not sure how bad of marks it can leave, but looking at those pictures really makes it look like someone was doing it for "fun" (that about makes me puke to type out).

eta: nevermind, looking again, all of the marks on his back are perfectly horizontal and vertical, they don't seem haphazard like you'd expect from a towel.

Snapping a towel leaves a bruise, not a cut.

Many of those scratches actually have the skin missing - "carved out" by the scratch.

Honestly, this is what it looks like when you run through dense brush or have to go over under a lot of barbed wire fences.

If it weren't for the large black and blue bruises on his face in other pics, and the large bruises on his hip and back, I'd think there was a chance he went through thick scratchy brush.

It's really storming in Austin right now....thankfully they were able to locate that sweet baby before the big storms hit :(

I hope no-one leaves this thread. Websleuths thrives on people horrified enough to take legal action. Please remember this case and ask your local LE/State Reps for help and suggestions upon how to prevent such.

Those look like some type of switch marks to me and in the pic with his face his cheek area looks really swollen. Do others notice that? Gosh dangit those pics are disturbing :( RIP Colton.

I can't fathom how no one asked where this sweet baby was, I constantly am asked where my kiddos are if I dare go anywhere w/o one or both of them. I've noticed it with my friend, too, if we go somewhere together w/o any kids we are grilled about where are kids are, like our husbands aren't capable of watching their own kids while we go for a walk?

I can't imagine going a week being seen w/o my kids w/o someone getting involved. Not that I could handle being away from them for a week.

I wonder who took those photos, and when exactly. Why didn't they inform authorities immediately? They were obviously concerned enough to take the photos and then keep hold of them before passing them on!

I wonder who took those photos, and when exactly. Why didn't they inform authorities immediately? They were obviously concerned enough to take the photos and then keep hold of them before passing them on!

I wondered this too. Why did the dad supposedly just see them Thursday for the first time? Something isn't right here. Who had the child and took the pictures?

So sad little Colton had to endure such abuse in his short life. RIP sweet boy :rose:

Come on Texas courts, do your thing...

Mom has been named a POI so she is sleuthable. Dad has not, therefore he is not sleuthable.

Please don't bring the rumors here. Leave them in the social media where they belong.

We understand emotions are running high, but name calling and advocating violence are not allowed.

I'm going to wait a bit for further confirmation from LE before moving the thread.

Salem

I am going to take the evening off. My twin sisters-in-law were friends with Meagan. My In-laws were in Cedar park until this late spring (late May/Early June) before moving to closer to town. I think I need time to process how close that is and how I feel about her. I am glad they never introduced me to her prior to this. I don't even know how I'd be right now. I will be back tomorrow. I will try to catch up as quickly as possible. Take care all!

I hope I'm very very very wrong but he doesn't look very alive in that photo

Lots more information at this link: http://kxan.com/2014/09/12/coltons-death-the-players-backgrounds/

CEDAR PARK, Texas (KXAN) – Court records paint a picture of Meagan Work as a young, unmarried mother who grew up in a broken home and over the years, was unable to steer clear of the court system. As a young adult, the main male figures in Work’s life were her longtime boyfriend and her son’s biological father. Both are also no strangers to the legal system, records show.

(More at link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member