TX - Colton Turner, 2, Cedar Park, 11 Sept 2014 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I get it now. Do we know when the pictures of his scratches and bruises were taken? Early July is what I gathered last Friday, a cousin took them? Am I remembering correctly?

So he was last seen on July 4th
Physical abuse happened before that (for pictures to have been taken)
I assume more abuse after pictures taken, so much that he hit his head and was unable to walk
Seizures begin from probable head trauma (I'm speculating)
Work decides to keep him from hospital because of abuse and the threat he will be taken from her
He dies while she is asleep

:(

Yeah. It sounds like he began convulsing from brain injuries. The fact that neither have outright accused the other indicates they likely both joined in on the abuse of this tiny child.

It sickens me. That child must have taken one heck of a beating. I'm presuming that the seizure, inability to walk, acting "funny" was due to a brain haemorrhage after he hit his head off the a/c if indeed that was what hit his head.

From the bruises that we've seen, which were in various states of healing, the poor baby suffered more than one assault. And yet the photos we've seen of Colton on a day to day basis were of a smiling, happy toddler. It's unbelievable that these children manage to keep going with the abuse and neglect that they end up having to deal with. Heartbreaking

I actually think it's possible he was not abysed until recently. In other words, he was a happy child in those photos because he wasn't bring beaten.

Kids who are abused aren't always abused or neglected since birth. I think quite often the abuse begins when the child hits the twos if threes, starts really showing their personality, throwing tantrums , and having to be potty trained which apparently enrages many adults for some reason.

If you look at cases of extreme abuse leading to death like the kid in A Boy Called It, or Zahara Baker, Riley Ann Sawyer, Emma Thompson, Juliette Guerts, Ayla Reynolds, etc., it seems there's a time when all is okay and then abuse starts. Often, it appears the introduction of a significant other into the mix is the catalyst for the beginning of systematic, life-threatening abuse.

In this case, it must have been a perfect storm. Two rage filled young people trying to parent a child, with criminal records, one of whom may have been in and out of Colton's life and have just returned to the picture.

I really wish whoever had noticed the bruises and cuts "in various stages of healing", had reported this ASAP.

The system and CPS failed Colton spectacularly in this case. There needs to be an investigation of CPS and why this happened. This isn't just the fault of the Texas CPS because it's happened too often in other states as well. The child protection system is broken. I'm sorry you are a victim of it. There have been too many victims.

JMO

I'm not sure if Colton's death can be attributed to the broken CPS system. It may be, as another stated,that the child could not be located.

However, it is true that the system in every state practically, is broken. And everyone complains. There is a simple solution though which no one seems to want to employ- money. Repeatedly we hear how these workers are dangerously impacted with kids and cases assigned to them and dangerously overworked. My parents and brother and some friends work/worked in the system. Try being assigned 40 cases, being required to visit each child once per month and having some of those kids in out of county or out of state placements. How is it possible? How do you accurately track each child and assess them? A friend of mine, I rarely see her now since she began working as a social worker a couple years ago and when we do get together, she's on the phone repeatedly, dealing with her kids (Dependency cases).

And the the workers who have to assess emergency cases? It can be worse.

The solution is more money for more workers and for one computer system that all LE, doctors and schools reporting abuse, abuse hotlines and CPS agencies can use to track or report on any one child.

But no on wants to pay. Until we make this a priority, it won't change.

Really wishing I had taken screenshots of her Facebook before they took it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People have and you know LE has. I hope they asked her why she's been so glib and casual on FB since the death of her baby in July. I wish I could say what I think of that without getting a timeout.

Her FB activity was so strange all summer. She didn't have a home, or a job, lived out of a truck/car, claimed not to have a working phone when BP's relative wanted to get a hold of her, yet managed to post quite cheerfully and regularly on FB.

seems like I recall reading in one of the articles that his bio father had recently been awarded custody but that because of some glitch the father was not aware he had been awarded custody. So at the very least there was a custody dispute taking place and fears of being forced to give Colton up could have prevented MW from seeking medical care for him after what I suspect was a head injury incurred during a beating, I agree with poster who stated may have been thrown against the AC unit in motel room.

Seems like from bio father's FB he was seeking MW and Colton and MW was actively avoiding him. This tells me that she knew if she allowed him to visit his dad he would very likely not be returning Colton to her. She would apparently rather that baby dead then let her hated ex "win" (JMO)

Why weren’t Colton Turner photos turned over sooner?
Published: September 15, 2014, 7:31 pm Updated: September 15, 2014, 7:39 pm
CEDAR PARK, Texas (KXAN) – Cedar Park’s Chief of Police is questioning why photos of Colton Brandt Turner purporting to show bruises on the back and face of the 2-year-old were not turned over to police investigators before late last week and the discovery of the little boy’s body.
<snip>
The affidavit also alleges the state’s Division of Child Protective Services ‘had been advised’ of the photos Cedar Park detectives saw for the first time last week.

The warrant states MW's sister took the photos and the aunt sent them to BS, who was the one who contacted the authorities.

I think the boyfriend was the abuser. I think MW was allowing it to go on because she was carrying his child, and fancied herself and he being a "real" family once she gave birth. I mostly think this because I cannot imagine someone documenting with photos their own a use of their child and keeping that record on their FB account. It makes me wonder if she was intending to keep those photos as an ace in the hole of sorts in case MT ever decided to dump her or make a bid for custody of his own child down the road.

My opinion on who abused that baby subject to change as more info comes to light. I also found it rather self serving of MT to make sure LE knew during their interviews with him that he treated that child like his own son and had been his father figure his whole life. Seemed like he was awful worried about positioning himself in the father role. Why? Worried about being seen as the annoyed boyfriend with his own child on the way and Colton simply "in" the way?

ETA man that warrant took a long time to load and when it did it was blown waaaaay up, had to reduce the image in order to read. The article is misleading and suggests the abuse photos are stored on MW FB.

Austin Police want access to Meagan Work's Facebook account. On Monday a judge signed off on a search warrant where police say Work has pictures that show alleged abuse. It's part of the ongoing investigation homicide detectives are working on.
You can read the full search warrant here. http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/26...he-death-of-two-year-old-colton-brandt-turner
So MW's relative took the photos shared them with others (presumably other family members) who shared them with CPS.

So the FB warrant is not about the photos but about her general online activities and probably seeking here whereabouts from july to now and also any deleted content etc.

that makes more sense. SAo disregard my original thoughts on FB and photos but one or both of these two adults decided Colton was the only problem with a new little family plan. So why not just give him to his bio father? Sheer hate? Drug fueled rages and a convenient whipping boy needed?

Why is this child dead?

seems like I recall reading in one of the articles that his bio father had recently been awarded custody but that because of some glitch the father was not aware he had been awarded custody. So at the very least there was a custody dispute taking place and fears of being forced to give Colton up could have prevented MW from seeking medical care for him after what I suspect was a head injury incurred during a beating, I agree with poster who stated may have been thrown against the AC unit in motel room.

Seems like from bio father's FB he was seeking MW and Colton and MW was actively avoiding him. This tells me that she knew if she allowed him to visit his dad he would very likely not be returning Colton to her. She would apparently rather that baby dead then let her hated ex "win" (JMO)
I read that as well, though I believe it was partial custody, as he had none before. He didn't know because he was a no show at the courts that day.

I disagree that bio dad (BP) was very concerned about poor Colton before he recieved those photos. He had been flirting with MW via Facebook in late August, and made no mention of their son. I don't believe either of them were fit parents, but it seems that BP has more of a support system in place (his parents are involved in his life).

IMO.

I read that as well, though I believe it was partial custody, as he had none before. He didn't know because he was a no show at the courts that day.

I disagree that bio dad (BP) was very concerned about poor Colton before he recieved those photos. He had been flirting with MW via Facebook in late August, and made no mention of their son. I don't believe either of them were fit parents, but it seems that BP has more of a support system in place (his parents are involved in his life).

IMO.

I have some pretty unflattering opinions of bio dad based on his previous crime (a case I happened to follow) but am trying hard to maintain the victim friendly tone that TOS require as pertains to him in this case.

Cedar Park police have seized Meagan Work’s truck.

Chief Mannix also said he learned from his detectives that CPS investigators had received four abuse-related complaints and had at least one open abuse case against Meagan Work, but state workers couldn’t find her.

http://kxan.com/2014/09/15/why-werent-colton-turner-photos-turned-over-sooner/

FOUR reports and nothing resulted! If CPS "investigators" couldn't find the mother they should have immediately notified the police that the child was missing and endangered. Police could have put out a BOLO for her truck. There really is no excuse for CPS not notifying police.

JMO

IMO.

For all we know at this point, the bio dad may be the father of her unborn child if it's true she is currently pregnant. This may be what triggered an outburst of anger toward Colton by the current boyfriend. Too much is still unknown but I think at this point it is unfair to portray the bio dad as anything but a victim in his child's death. He and his parents have my deepest sympathy.

JMO

For all we know at this point, the bio dad may be the father of her unborn child if it's true she is currently pregnant. This may be what triggered an outburst of anger toward Colton by the current boyfriend. Too much is still unknown but I think at this point it is unfair to portray the bio dad as anything but a victim in his child's death. He and his parents have my deepest sympathy.

JMO
Whoaaaa. I've reread my post over and over again, and I can't see where I said that BP was involved in this in any way other than as a grieving father. I apologize, and would like to clarify that that is not what I meant

JMO

While BP may not have anything to do with Colton's death, his previous prison sentence for beating a mentally challenged child is beyond despicable.

I think the boyfriend was the abuser. I think MW was allowing it to go on because she was carrying his child, and fancied herself and he being a "real" family once she gave birth. I mostly think this because I cannot imagine someone documenting with photos their own a use of their child and keeping that record on their FB account. It makes me wonder if she was intending to keep those photos as an ace in the hole of sorts in case MT ever decided to dump her or make a bid for custody of his own child down the road.

My opinion on who abused that baby subject to change as more info comes to light. I also found it rather self serving of MT to make sure LE knew during their interviews with him that he treated that child like his own son and had been his father figure his whole life. Seemed like he was awful worried about positioning himself in the father role. Why? Worried about being seen as the annoyed boyfriend with his own child on the way and Colton simply "in" the way?

ETA man that warrant took a long time to load and when it did it was blown waaaaay up, had to reduce the image in order to read. The article is misleading and suggests the abuse photos are stored on MW FB.

So MW's relative took the photos shared them with others (presumably other family members) who shared them with CPS.

So the FB warrant is not about the photos but about her general online activities and probably seeking here whereabouts from july to now and also any deleted content etc.

that makes more sense. SAo disregard my original thoughts on FB and photos but one or both of these two adults decided Colton was the only problem with a new little family plan. So why not just give him to his bio father? Sheer hate? Drug fueled rages and a convenient whipping boy needed?

Why is this child dead?

One of the abuse photos was also originally on mom's FB. I am thinking of the one of her and and Colton lying on a bed, probably a selfie. You can see several bruises and injuries on his face. I think that set of photos is what is mentioned in the warrant, not the other two photos the sister took. Somehow those three photos together were first posted to bio dad's FB.

I'm just catching up today, I'm so disgusted by Meagan & Michael! How could they?!?! Am I reading it wrong or did it basically take two days for Colton to die? He was assaulted the day before he had the "seizure" which resulted in a large bump on his head. The next day is when he had the seizure, and subsequently died????

How horrible! I don't even understand how they are humans. What is wrong?

I'm just catching up today, I'm so disgusted by Meagan & Michael! How could they?!?! Am I reading it wrong or did it basically take two days for Colton to die? He was assaulted the day before he had the "seizure" which resulted in a large bump on his head. The next day is when he had the seizure, and subsequently died????

How horrible! I don't even understand how they are humans. What is wrong?

I might have misunderstood but it almost sounded like Colton had a bump on his head BEFORE he even hit the a/c unit at the motel.

Sources: CPS had 4 abuse complaints for Colton Turner
Posted: 9:55 p.m. Monday, Sept. 15, 2014
American-Statesman Staff, KVUE News
CPS received its first complaint about Colton&#8217;s welfare when he was about 6 months old and got three more reports in the months and weeks before investigators said they found the child&#8217;s body in a shallow grave Friday in Southeast Austin, the sources said.
Two of the previous complaints had been closed, but it is unclear how CPS resolved them, according to the sources. The agency had open cases stemming from the two other complaints but had been unable to investigate them because they could not locate Colton or his mother.
http://www.mystatesman.com/news/new...ocial_twitter_2014_sfp#28fdf98c.257263.735491

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia