Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the business reviews.. I will just say, the guy has a huge ego. I have a hard time believing his version of events after seeing the way he handles negative feedback and treats his customers. There are many fake reviews on yelp, he deletes negative reviews on FB or responds with legal threats and attorneys. Considering how often he threatened to have his attorney reach out to these clients, its a little odd that he hasn't lawyer'd up yet. If he's not involved, he has really created a lot of trouble for himself and his business. Very strange.

He said about 3.

Just an anecdote:

According to Statement Analysis... 3 is the liar's number. Statistically when someone needs a number when they are making something up, they go with 3. When 3 is said in a statement my ears always perk up. That he said "about 3" makes me think it's probably 2.

RE: 9 persons of interest: I assume three would be uncle, ex, and bf. Then from there probably the two at the motel (that's five), then any clients she was due to meet that day, or that she met the previous day?

did some digging and crystal's parents had 2 children according to ancestry.com so she has at least 1 sibling

then her last name would be 'Walters' if she were not using the Mothers maiden.
I'm curious why she would use her Mothers maiden name?

Yes. Are we allowed to post her parents names? Does it count as sleuthing family if they are deceased?

I alerted a mod to see. It isn't at all relevant to the case but I just want to know what happened. I assumed they died at the same time in an accident or something.

then her last name would be 'Walters' if she were not using the Mothers maiden.
I'm curious why she would use her Mothers maiden name?

I'm not sure why she uses her mother's maiden name.. someone said she lived with an aunt for a while, maybe on her mother's side? If she was living with a Seratte family maybe she decided to take their name

I'm just praying it's not the ex because the poor kids would be orphans.It would be awful for them living with such a horrible truth.

The way he put it seems to imply it's someone known rather than a complete stranger.
Wonder if a stalker is in the midst.

I alerted a mod to see. It isn't at all relevant to the case but I just want to know what happened. I assumed they died at the same time in an accident or something.

I haven't been able to find HOW they died but according to one thing I found they actually died a few months apart... may not be accurate, though. I'm curious to know what happened as well.

That is very interesting.Who could number 3 be?

I would imagine it's the gentleman she was dating right before her current bf. It was mentioned somewhere else. Have no idea how to search or link.

I'm not sure why she uses her mother's maiden name.. someone said she lived with an aunt for a while, maybe on her mother's side? If she was living with a Seratte family maybe she decided to take their name

Maybe Seratte was her middle name? I have a friend with 6 siblings and their middle names are all the same because they have their mom's maiden name. Hard to say though. It seems like nothing in this case can be straight forward!

Just an anecdote:

According to Statement Analysis... 3 is the liar's number. Statistically when someone needs a number when they are making something up, they go with 3. When 3 is said in a statement my ears always perk up. That he said "about 3" makes me think it's probably 2.

I thought the same thing. 3 is small enough of a number where they look good for whittling it down, yet still large enough of a number for the culprit to think his/her lies are working. But who knows, he could mean 3!

Ive never heard of using the Mothers maiden name when the parents are still married??

Please clarify the reviews? Are they the bf reviews, and where are they?

Maybe she had been super close to her mother and/or her mother's family and wanted to honor her by taking her maiden name?

I haven't been able to find HOW they died but according to one thing I found they actually died a few months apart... may not be accurate, though. I'm curious to know what happened as well.

I'm thinking accident....one died later.
JMO

Now, on topic: I keep thinking back to someone commenting that workers at plants were instructed to back into parking spaces, for safety measures. Does the ex spouse work at a plant that would have that type of rule? And if so, could he have also instilled it into CM to park that way as well (for whatever reason)? I ask that since her car appeared to be backed into the hotel parking space.
This is neither here nor there but the cars parked around hers almost look to me like the drivers drove up onto whatever was there (curb? Grass?) that might have been slightly higher than the parking lot itself, trying to get their cars as high as possible to avoid them being flooded. I've seen people drive up onto their lawns (or anywhere higher than the street) to hopefully avoid their vehicle being flooded when there's that threat. If that's the case, it would appear her car was parked there before flooding. That, or whoever parked it didn't care if it flooded. Or hoped it would.

Still, I dont think most of us in this area imagined it would get as bad as it did here with the flooding. So I struggle with believing that someone could "know" there would be such an extreme disaster in order to use the storm as a cover up for a premeditated crime.

Heck, my hubby is disabled. We discussed leaving or staying. If i had truly thought we were in a direct hit zone for a cat4 hurricane, we would've been GONE.

Ancestry.com has the dates being a few months apart, one in 1993 (mom IIRC) and one in 1994.

How horribly sad. I wonder if the uncle raised her sibling(s) as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV