Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s try to stay focused on the facts. Crystal is missing. Her relationships only matter if helps find her. Otherwise it is gossip, wasted time and effort. Most importantly, what we say here might be seen by her children. Isn’t enough that her children are missing their mother? Do we really want to add to their suffering? If not, let’s focus on the facts, not innuendo or who said what when or what we consider to be appropriate or not. Let’s look for answers that will bring Crystal home to her children. Where are you Crystal? You deserve to be with your children. You did nothing wrong except to be human, someone looking for happiness. Where are you? We will NOT give up until your children know where you are. No judgements, just humans looking for a human who is missing.

I wonder if she had more than one cellphone. Some realtors have one for their business & clients and another for family & friends. There's also apps that will give you a free second number that you can use to call & text people within that app that no one else knows about. I wonder if the LE can contact google or apple to see what apps she had installed on her phone.

To my Sleuth family: when I said 'i'm glad we have to say the actual words' I was commenting directly to Tara's below post about what someone in the Public platform had said, versus what any of us said.

tarabull said:
Today 05:24 PM

-- see we didn't use the word....tho it seems Sheriff Brian C. Hawthorne of the Chambers County Sheriff’s Office in Texas did.

Where are you Crystal???

Let’s try to stay focused on the facts. Crystal is missing. Her relationships only matter if helps find her. Otherwise it is gossip, wasted time and effort. Most importantly, what we say here might be seen by her children. Isn’t enough that her children are missing their mother? Do we really want to add to their suffering? If not, let’s focus on the facts, not innuendo or who said what when or what we consider to be appropriate or not. Let’s look for answers that will bring Crystal home to her children. Where are you Crystal? You deserve to be with your children. You did nothing wrong except to be human, someone looking for happiness. Where are you? We will NOT give up until your children know where you are. No judgements, just humans looking for a human who is missing.

Im not basing this on anything:
I feel like they know, or very close to knowing now who it is but waiting to have the evidence in hand. The conditions for a search after a storm must be overwhelming.

I am really worried for the family in this situation...I don't like how the bf is in general, but that's a personality thing mostly.

I think the likely scenario is: keeping up appearances was running out of time and the ex freaked.

Even in what the media has shown of his texts to her, the first 2 texts re: hoping CM would be *home by bed time*. It sounds like he didn't know she wouldn't be home either. That, or an attempt at a guilt trip possibly... IMO it's a series of reality checks (sleepovers, blocking on fb, declaration of happiness, the cruise) that may have pushed ex over the edge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am really worried for the family in this situation...I don't like how the bf is in general, but that's a personality thing mostly.

I think the likely scenario is: keeping up appearances was running out of time and the ex freaked.

Even in what the media has shown of his texts to her, the first 2 texts re: hoping CM would be *home by bed time*. It sounds like he didn't know she wouldn't be home either. That, or an attempt at a guilt trip possibly... IMO it's a series of reality checks (sleepovers, blocking on fb, declaration of happiness, the cruise) that may have pushed ex over the edge.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am worried for the children. Those of us who have followed cases for a while are aware of what can happen if an ex-spouse feels threatened and cornered.

I don't think anyone here is judging Crystal. We are trying to figure out what the Sheriff meant by his words. He was very careful not to give away things that would compromise his investigation but at the same time the words he uses to describe possible motives for someone to harm Crystal are very strong words, IMO. The Sheriff is the one who brought up her past relationships and the phrase "inappropriate romantic relationship". From MY point of view and limited knowledge of her life, she had no "inappropriate relationship" BUT a suspect who has jealousy (also something the sheriff brought up) may feel differently. I believe that is what the sheriff is getting at as he was talking about why someone would possibly harm her. :moo:

Excuse me if this has been discussed. In one of the interviews on HLN it was mentioned that there was video from motel 6 but was of poor quality. Do we at least know when her car showed up there?

Let’s try to stay focused on the facts. Crystal is missing. Her relationships only matter if helps find her. Otherwise it is gossip, wasted time and effort. Most importantly, what we say here might be seen by her children. Isn’t enough that her children are missing their mother? Do we really want to add to their suffering? If not, let’s focus on the facts, not innuendo or who said what when or what we consider to be appropriate or not. Let’s look for answers that will bring Crystal home to her children. Where are you Crystal? You deserve to be with your children. You did nothing wrong except to be human, someone looking for happiness. Where are you?
We will NOT give up until your children know where you are. No judgements, just humans looking for a human who is missing.

I absolutely agree. It doesn't matter what her "inappropriate" relationship was, this beautiful young woman needs to come home.

I really wish they didn't release that statement.

‘I think police are close to finding Crystal’: Boyfriend, sheriff suspect foul play in disappearance of Texas realtor and mother of two young children [EXCLUSIVE]
September 8, 2017

Snipped...

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/09/...xas-realtor-and-mother-of-two-young-children/
I'm NOT saying boyfriend is involved and don't think he is but I find him one of the most annoying people ever.He knew her 1 whole month and runs his mouth constantly.wish her actual family would speak more.I guess this attention hogs speaks for the sheriff now.

Her relationships seem to be VERY important since LE is talking about them. The answer must be within her circle of acquaintances, imo.

I am worried for the children. Those of us who have followed cases for a while are aware of what can happen if an ex-spouse feels threatened and cornered.

I was thinking the same thing during dinner. Hypothetical question here: if the police suspected the ex, but couldn't prove it yet, how do they protect the kids in that situation?

I'm NOT saying boyfriend is involved and don't think he is but I find him one of the most annoying people ever.He knew her 1 whole month and runs his mouth constantly.wish her actual family would speak more.I guess this attention hogs speaks for the sheriff now.

Her family and friends could speak up, couldn't they? They seem to choose not to. Yes he is talking a lot...but if he is innocent and he loves her, what else should he do? Act like she was a casual fling? If he is guilty, he is really stupid, imo. But if not, I can forgive however he acts. Jmo

Her family and friends could speak up, couldn't they? They seem to choose not to. Yes he is talking a lot...but if he is innocent and he loves her, what else should he do? Act like she was a casual fling? If he is guilty, he is really stupid, imo. But if not, I can forgive however he acts. Jmo
<mod snip> The family seems to have class and not want to make the story about themselves.

I absolutely agree. It doesn't matter what her "inappropriate" relationship was, this beautiful young woman needs to come home.

I really wish they didn't release that statement.

I disagree wholly. It does matter because it lends itself to possible motives. Let's look at examples:

If she was involved with a married man, knowingly or otherwise, and he leaves his wife thinking he had a future with Crystal, could his wife flip out and kill her? Look at Heather Elvis' case.

If she was involved with someone who was married and got pregnant and he didn't want his wife to find out, could he have killed her? Look at Erin Corwin's case.

Nobody is putting Crystal on trial here. Victim bashing isn't allowed and we know that we will be TO'd if we disparage Crystal. Nobody is blaming her. We want to help find her. To imply otherwise is a little bit insulting.

At least the boyfriend talking to the press so much is keeping Crystal's story in the public eye. JMO, but if the boyfriend had not come to the press with the surveillance videos, we might not have seen them nor heard so much about this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille